Care of Magical Creatures

Register
Sign in
  Back   Reply

R.O.A.M event 1. Cruppies  PV 

Interaction with Elena J., Crup and Griffith | mentions Rowan&Eris
The young boy still felt bad for getting so overwhelmed around the other Gryffindor. He now felt the urge to apologize to him for not reacting sooner and that he made the situation awkward for the probably younger Gryffindor; after all he would have met him in some classes if they were in the same year. But he could not remember ever interacting with him and well... Alan was not the best at getting to know people he never talked with before.

He glanced at Elena and shook his head, "No... don't worry I am okay. Y-you can chat with your friend, I meant to g-go to Griffith anyway-". He mussitated those words nervously. He took another glance towards the boy with the dyed hair – Rowan, was it? - and noticed that he got company. Still he told himself to introduce himself properly when he was done asking Griffith some of the questions. Earlier when talking to Elena he did not even notice that he said Griffith without saying professor first, because he usually left away the title, when he was not speaking to them directly. Does that count as impolite? He was not sure, but it was a bother to always say professor first.

Clutching the crup carefully to his chest, he made his way over to the professor and smiled at him. If he was busy he would just ask him later? But he said he would be able to chat with them all, so that must include him too right? "H-hey professor, I decided to uhm... t-talk to you too... with questions and yeah...", he spluttered, letting his fingers run through the soft fur of the crup in his arm to calm himself. "I just wondered if there is anything special, wh-when raising a crup? Or if they are raised like Muggle dogs? What do they eat and w-why aren't they with their mommy?", he asked the professor many questions at once and it weren't even all of the questions he had. This was just the beginning as his curiosity was limitless and Moffy was the only one able to sate that curiosity. "I also really like the creature you chose for this lesson, they are so adorable! Did you want to know how I want to call this little boy?", he continued his small ramble and looked at the tall man expectantly.

*Alan*
Your energy introduces you before you even open your Mouth
Sta: 14 | Ag: 12 | Str: 3 | Con: 6

The girl who named her puppy rep walked off after smiling at him, which was quickly becoming a trend. She was replaced by a young boy who he thought he could guess the name of. He knew all the boys that were coming, or at least enough to guess on the rest. This one would be Mr. Vanes, a thoroughly interesting boy to say the least and a obnoxious pain to say the most. But this was a time to have fun and interact with creatures they may never be allowed to interact with again for another 2 years, so he wasn't going to go out of his way to ruin anything.

But he did have questions. And questions deserved answers. They promised that there was a bit more than just childish notions in his head. Or at least heavily implied it.

"You raise them the same, however you do have to be more careful. That means being responsible for the Crup, and teaching it basic commands. Crups eat a bit like goats. They can eat almost anything, from tires to little kids. But they prefer the food they were raised on. That means candy, nuts and bolts, watermelon, nachos, apples and sometimes even dog food. Their mother? Dead as a doornail and six feet under. I- yeah, an unfortunate accident. Sure, go ahead. What did you come up with?"

He had to stop himself. These were little kids who came to play with Cruppies, they didn't need to hear things that they couldn't do anything about. He was trying to make a good first impression, for crying out loud.

“Evil isn’t the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it’s a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference.”

Interacting with: Eris and Cruppy
“Well currently, the point of this club for me, are these little guys.”

He nodded to his sleeping crup in his arms. 

“Though I guess I’m not... against meeting anyone new really, I’m simply not initiating any social interaction.” 

He shrugged slightly. 
After his painful first encounter, He decided it would be smartest to take the back seat. Rowan usually wasn’t this shy- In fact he usually was the opposite. Waiting for someone to talk to him usually worked the best, so he pretty much was just sticking with the best bet. 

I walk upon the broken shards that used to be my heart, for I have nothing left to bleed.
Limited attendance for a while. Expect to see me on and off.

Reducio
Interacting with cruppy, open for interaction

Vales was standing with a cruppy in her arms, looking at everyone starting to communicate. She disliked starting conversations, so she stood a tad apart from the group, instead playing with Azi intently. Azi was adorable, and Vales quickly found herself feeling pretty attached to the small cruppy, even though she knew that she would probably never see her again.

Azi started getting restless, so Vales decided to put her back on the ground, ready to see the puppy run off and start playing with one of the other puppies, but instead, the cruppy stayed, instead racing around Vales´s feet.

“You don't spend your life hanging around books without learning a thing or two.”

Interacting with the Cruppy&Moffy | open, but distracted
Alan nodded in understanding. Being more cautious and strict with the training of a creature that was known for hating Muggles made sense to him. ”Professor... the list of basic commands is kind of subjective because some give those commands a twist or think some are more important than other are; which one would you count as basic?”, he asked curiously, shifting the hold on the cruppy slightly, when it moved a bit to gnaw on the piece of lace. For Alan there was a wild arrangement for what could count as basic commands, also because the purpose of the crup may differ like with dogs. Guard dogs and service dogs usually had more basic commands and some did not think that lay down would be considered a basic command, while for them bark was one. He wondered what Moffy would teach those cute cruppies and because he once read that young dogs learned fast, maybe he could teach the small crup a trick? He had the right one in mind already.

Alan frowned when Griffith told him about the awful fate of their mommy, but then a thought crossed his mind. ”That makes you their new mommy! Cuz' you're the one doing the raising now and feeding them!”, he giggled and hold his cruppy up so it was face to face with the taller man. ”Meet your new mommy, little crup; I hope you won't cause him any trouble!”, he chirped as he took a look at Griffith's face, grinning cheekily.

”At first I wanted to name him something cute like Spots, but that is boring and way too common and he really seems to be obsessed with the laces of my hoodie!”, Alan began to explain, ”So I decided to name him Senkel-”

The Gryffindor lowered the young crup again and placed him comfortable in his arms so that Senkel could continue to snuggle against the fabric of the hoodie. ”Do you plan to keep all of them? Or are you giving some away? I hope not because they might do that severing charm so if you wanna give them away then you should make sure they leave them as they are! Well if you do... maybe you wanna keep them?”, he rambled nervously.

*Alan*

Interactions: Professor Griffith and Cruppy.

Marissa was late. Like always. She came half walking, half running to the stables whilst having snow covering her hair. A giant patch of snow slipped off one of the roofs and hit Mari before she arrived, causing her to look like a snowman hybrid.

She hoped no one would notice that she was late, but that was probably impossible. So she gave the professor a nervous glance before sitting slightly further from everyone else. The last cruppy left was still in the middle, chasing it’s own tail for entertainment.. or it was dumb. Mari put on a forced smiled and picked up the cruppy and placed it on her lap. She simply stared at the animal, wondering what to do with it.

M. North

Interacts with: Alan. Mentions: Marissa, Vales
"That's not quite how that works. You can teach a dog that the word stop means to stop, but it's not so much the word as how you say the word. If you teach a dog that stop means stop, and then I say halt, it's going to have the same effect. Stop, go home, come, good boy bad boy. Those are some of the basic list of commands. Any well trained dog would understand them. Just not so much when they're this young.

Are you German, Mr. Vanes? Regardless, I think senkel is a fine name. And I will probably give them to a reputable breeder, or keep them for a while when this is over. It depends what I decide, and I have no intention of deciding now."

The professor looked around, spotted a girl not saying anything off to the side, and another girl clearly late. Very late. His teeth ground together just a little bit. There was probably a good reason for her being late, and even if there wasn't, getting mad would only discourage her from showing up again. He could hold his tongue. The girl off by herself should go and talk, or at least he thought so. But going to her before she went to him simply wasn't going to work. If she wanted to talk, she could. Otherwise, she was free to play with the cruppy.

“Evil isn’t the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it’s a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference.”

Interacting with Alan Vanes, Elena Jangleton, Professor Griffith, Rowan Bane, and Eris Fawley
Her friends seemed to be getting along with the questions well, and the wheelchair kid was being taken care of by Eris. Tina seemed to be off in her own world, and the new girl looked like she didn't want to be noticed. Which gave her three options, stay where she was, talk to wheelchair kid, or slink away to her own corner.

Elena looked at her friends then at Griffith, if she wanted to talk to the professor she should probably do that later, away from here and all of these people. Her hammock was rolled up in the dorms, so she could just show up to sleep at some point. That'd be good.

Which left the last question, she could talk to Rowan or she could leave to her own corner. She took a breath as a plan formed in her mind.

"I'll see you later." Elena hoped that her friends, or at least Griffith had heard her before slipping away. First she needed to explain the situation to the other kid, the one in the wheelchair.

She walked over, carefully cradling Rosa who was looking a bit tired and like she might curl up soon then stood in front of the two gryffindors, "Hi, I just wanted to say sorry about icing you out there. It's just that Alan's been getting bullied a lot so he's extra anxious around people and I sorta promised myself I'd protect him because he had a pretty hard year. So, yeah, I'm sorry, and I'm sorry that I didn't really talk to you..."

"I know what it likes to be an outsider. f you ever want to talk to a slightly fractured street kid, then you'll find me sleeping in odd places or hanging around the library." Elena drew a caramel from her coat and put it next to Rowan, "I figured this wouldn't make up for it, but I just... I hope you like it."

She nodded at the two Gryffindors before heading off to relax in her own little corner, hopefully she'd done something to help him. She did feel bad about icing him out, even if it was for Alan.
Open To Interactions

Ah, I get it now, kindly leave before I'm forced to punch you.
Strength - 7 Agility - 8 Control - 9 Stamina - 6

Interacting with Griffith & Senkel
Alan listened to the older man's explanation of how it would work and that it was more or less the pronunciation than the word itself. For the second year it made sense and he wondered if the word was just for the owner to remember the commands? It was surely easier to have a word for a command than to just rely on some kind of pronunciation or something. Alan nodded in understanding. ”I have heard that puppies learn better when the training starts at a young age, even though with patience- is that true for cruppies also? And what age would you start with a crups training?”, he asked and hood the crup against his chest.

”Noz quite professor, my mother is and she taught me the language from when I was very little- do you speak german or why are you asking? You do not seem to have a German accent, -”, he stated and quickly added , ”...Professor”. He smiled at the professor gently. Talking to the man was easier than he had first thought. It was a pleasant discovery as it made it easier for the young Gryffindor to actually speak to the man.

The young Gryffindor noticed the change in behavior for a second as the others energy shifted for a moment. Following the older man's gaze he could see why and coughed slightly. ”You don't seem to like people being late”, he stated the obvious with a light chuckle. ”I will have to remember that”, he giggled lightheartedly.

*Alan*

"As soon as they start to listen. You can't force a puppy to listen to you until it does, and that's when you start. It depends on the individual creature, of course.

I was asking if you were German because you used a German name for the Cruppy, Mr. Vanes. And no, I do not like people being late. However, I have been late myself on more than one occasion. There is not often good reason, but sometimes there is.

You know, there are three kinds of people in this world. Those who think bears are terrifying and aggressive, and those who think they're teddy bears. And those in the middle. Grey is often the right color to be."

Interacting with Griffith & Senkel
”This makes sense, yeah... Do you think you will be able to teach Senkel to gnaw of laces? It seems like a funny command and something no one would expect!”, the young Gryffindor giggled cheerfully. If he would be able to teach it to the small crup, he would definitely do it. Imagining to command the cruppie to gnaw through the shoe laces of everyone who bullies his friends seemed like a fun thing to do.

“So you speak german, Professor? Can you say something in german if you do?”[/color], he asked the man, looking at him expectantly, as he waited for him to talk again. ”I am late sometimes as well, but I don't always have the best reason for it... Once it was because someone accidentally spilled pumpkin juice over me at lunch-”, he told the professor and bit his lip slightly. ”But I always try my best to be on time!", he promised.

”I don't think they are scary... its the circumstances that make them seem scary and often the human is at fault themselves... I guess. I never met a bear so I don't know how I would react but those who start screaming at it are just idi- not tht smart...”, he mumbled and gave a slight shrug. He would keep quiet and try not to make the bear mad or protective if he encountered one.

*Alan*

Interacting with Cruppy; Open to Interactions
Rep seemed to have started a staring contest with Tina since he started staring at her. Although she was continuously distracted by the white spot at her eye, she thinks she won a few good matches. Whenever Rep won, they would jump up and down, barking excitedly until they immediately started another game. When they lost, they would let out a small whine before trying again. Tina enjoyed their game, but wanted to talk to other people. She was feeling a little lonely, but was very scared of making a cool if herself. After their game, she set Rep on her lap so they could enjoy the view.

Tina Addington
~Strive for Success, Kill with Kindness, Defeat and Destroy, Read and Recall

Reducio
Interactions: Tina Addington, Lily the Crup

Soon, their group seemed to disperse Alan going one way and Elena going the other. She decided to busy herself as well grinning down her crup which sat there letting out little barks at her."Awww, come here, little guy."She said bending down to scoop up the creature which instantly nuzzled against her as she stroked it between the ears enjoying the sensation of the soft, warm fur bristling between her fingers. It really was a joy to witness these creatures. Hopefully, all of them would be as nice and cuddly as these ones. Her thoughts were distracted when her eyes caught sight of a girl sitting a bit away, squinting a bit, her eyes widened as Elena recgonized the Ravenclaw, Tina!

Grinning, she made her way to the girl calling out a greeting."Hey, Addi! Need company?"She asked sitting down next to the girl letting Lily roam free in her lap as it gave the other crup curious barks eyeing it up and down."Little fun things aren't they?"The prefect inquired running her hands down Lily's back."What did you name yours?"

Strength:5 | Agility:10 | Control:10 | Stamina:5

Interacting with Cruppy and Elena Jangleton

Tina was a little startled by Elena's sudden approach. Nevertheless, she enjoyed the comfort of a familiar face. It's been awhile since she has spoken to her. "Hi, Jangles. I named mine Rep." Tina said, wondering if she would understand the acronym. She didn't like how she referred to them as things, but she let it pass, taking it as careless words. She believed everyone here was passionate about creatures and didn't think anyone would've sign up if they didiln't care. She didn't believe Professor Griffith would let them sign up or even attend this event. "What did you name your crup?"

Tina Addington
~Strive for Success, Kill with Kindness, Defeat and Destroy, Read and Recall

Interacting with: Everyone

"You can teach a Crup to do almost anything, if you have enough patience. I don't have enough.

If I wanted to speak German, I would have applied as professor in a German School, Mr. Vanes. You try to be on time? A very, very wise man once said 'Do, or do not. There is no try'. Maybe you should take that to heart.

So you would be about in the middle then. The grey area. It's a good place to be."

The professor smiled at the little Gryffindor, and then lifted his head to address the group, reaching deep into a pocket as he did so.

"Well then. The Cruppies are probably getting tired of this, and if they're not I'm about to, so go ahead and bring them over here."

His hand appeared with a bunch of rubber bands, larger about than the cruppy's neck, with a blank paper tag attached. He placed ink and a few quills next to the pile on the floor, by the basket.

Write down their names, slip this band over their head, which should be plenty loose. If it's too tight then let me know, or just use a different size. And then just place them in the basket with a blanket on top so they don't all run off. You all did fine, I don't have any complaints on any of your behavior, so you are all invited back to the next event, without exception. I might even make it a bit more interesting.

You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here."

This event has ended. You may all post one last time as you leave, otherwise it will be assumed that your character simply placed the Cruppy in the basket and left. Thank you all for coming. If any of you have any comments or suggestions of any kind, please OWL me so that the next event can be even better!

Back   Reply