Care of Magical Creatures

Register
Sign in

The Forbidden Forest

Phoebe didn't remember why she had decided to venture into the forbidden forest, especially at this time of night. At first, she vaguely remembered a piece of paper and a furiously strong gust of wind. However, all other details were kept hidden in the back of her brain. Either that or the information flew right out of her ear.

She remembered a little tune in an effort to make the situation better. She sang the song, slightly aware of the meaning behind the lyrics despite the seemingly up-beat tune.

Tha mulad, tha mulad (Sadness, sadness)
Tha lionn-dubh arm fhéin (Deep melancholy is mine)

Hì rì hoireann ó, hì rì hoireann ó

Tha de mhingin air m'aire (There's much despair in me)
Nì nach aidich mo bheul (That my mouth can't confess it)

Hì rì rì rì o ho, roho hì hoireann ó

M'an àganach ghasda ùr (About the fine youth)
Mharcach nan steud (Young rider of the steeds)

Hì rì hoireann ó, hì rì hoireann ó

M'an taca seo 'n uiridh (Around this time last year)
Bu thoil leat m' fhuran ro cheud (You liked my banter above hundreds)

Hì rì rì rì o ho, roho hì hoireann ó.........

To Phoebe's dismay, she couldn't remember the rest of the lyrics, so she ceased her singing, listening to the silence. She clasped her hands together, bringing them to her chest. It was certainly freezing. Her nose felt tingly. Shaking in discomfort, she continued her trek, vaguely remembering what was written on the piece of paper she had lost.

Panting and freezing, she decided to sit down. Part of her wanted to sit down because of fear. She had no idea what she would encounter if she ventured further. Out of nowhere, she heard shuffling a few feet away from her. She flinched, afraid of what she was hearing.

"H-Hello?" she called out, admittedly scared.

(The song, Mairead Nan Cuiread, is in the Gaelic language. In English, the title is Wily Margaret.)

The trees cry in autumn because their hearts are growing cold.
Phoebe McCrary

The Forbidden Forest

(is it okay if I post on this? If it's not I'll delete this)

"I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-seo

The Forbidden Forest

(Yeah of course. It's an open rp, so anyone can join.)

Phoebe McCrary

The Forbidden Forest

Min-seo was walking in the forest, slightly scared, but intrigued at the trees and wildlife. She felt the snowflakes fell onto her long eyelashes as she blinked. She felt a twig snap under her feet and heard a gasp and turned around. There was a girl about her age with silver hair sitting down and very startled. "H-hello?" the girl called out, not seeing her. Min-seo stepped into view, her wavy hair in a ponytail and two strands of hair out of it with her bangs, and a skirt and tights with a large sweater. "H-hi. I'm Min-seo. Who are you?" She asked timidly, scared of what she thought of her, walking through the forest, all alone.

"I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-seo

The Forbidden Forest

Phoebe blinked, not expecting someone else to be in the forest. "Phoebe McCrary. I came out here because I had lost a letter, and it seemed to have gone in this direction," she said, standing up.

Phoebe looked around, having trouble remembering which direction she had come from. Turning around in a full circle, she tried to find anything that could remind her of where she was in the forest. Sadly, she couldn't find anything. She rubbed her hands together, freezing. It had started snowing for a few minutes by now.

Phoebe faced the girl, wondering if she could give her any explanation as to where they were. "Hey, have you happened to come across a piece of paper? If not, do you know which direction will take me back to the school grounds?" she asked, quite tired and scared. Did I mention freezing?

She leaned herself against a tree, bending over slightly so she could rub her legs in an attempt to make them warm. "If not, then I'll go ahead. It's better to find my way back before I get myself into more trouble," she said. She certainly did not want to freeze to death, especially at such a young age.

Phoebe McCrary

The Forbidden Forest

Min-seo smiled at the girl. "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Min-seo Kim, first-year Slytherin." She said softly. Her voice wasn't exactly loud, it was always small and quiet, like a mouse or a bunny of some sorts.

She breathed into her small, delicate hands and shivered from the cold, karma for wearing a skirt. The girl looked small like her, but Min-seo might've been a bit shorter than her. She still was surprised by the silver hair the girl had, she had never seen anything quite like it, really, unless someone dyed it unnaturally. She smiled apologetically about not having seen the parchment of paper.

"I'm afraid not. I've only been here for about 10 minutes. I didn't really know where I was going, I'm sorry."

She shivered, not in the warmest clothes. She felt like the girl was quite kind, and that she liked to read, if anything, but that was just her first impression, and you can't judge someone when you just meet them.

"I do know a way back though! It might take a bit, maybe about 6 minutes, but it will do! Follow me!"

She started walking back through the woods, still shivering. She looked back and waved her to follow her.
Last edited by Min-seo Kim on 8th December 2018, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Forbidden Forest

Phoebe smiled, running up to the girl so she could follow close behind. "Thank you," she said, grateful for the girl's knowledge of the forest. If she hadn't been there, Phoebe was afraid she would've died of hypothermia.

"At times like these, music tends to help with stress," she blurted out, shoving her hands under her armpits to figure out if her hands could become warmer. It seemed to work, so Phoebe continued to make the impression that she was hugging herself. She hummed a tune to herself, making up the notes as she went along.

She had noticed the layers of clothing the other girl had on. She then felt extremely guilty for making a big deal out of the chill she felt. Because of the guilt she felt, she decided to take off her winter cloak, revealing a regular cloak, a multi-color striped turtleneck, denim overalls, and a pair of UGG fraser boots. She handed the girl her winter cloak, tapping her shoulder in order to get her attention.

"Here you go. You seem much colder than I," Phoebe said, going back to her humming. Her voice seemed decent, but a little awkward considering she had to make up the notes out of the blue.
Last edited by Phoebe McCrary on 9th December 2018, 2:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Phoebe McCrary

The Forbidden Forest

(Yeah, I know. I'm just writing that for now, but I'll edit it later, I just wanted to get something in ^^ )