Care of Magical Creatures

Register
Sign in
  Back   Reply

Curiosity killed the cat...

She kept on giggling as he whined and held the bunny. "Nuuuuuuu why you no tell meeeeeeeeeee?" She whined.
She smiled at his explanation of him. He sounded so nice. She overdramatically put a hand to her heart and sighed loudly.
"Ah! Too sweet, that's adorable! I think I might have a heart attack, from all the sweetness." she said with a smile. Adorable, she loved relationships like these. He looked so happy when he talked about the Hufflepuff boy. "He sounds like a lovely person. I wish you the best of luck. I definitely know what it feels like considering..........ANYWAYS," she changed the subject quickly. God, that was close. "Anyways, I'm happy you found someone that makes you happy, and I didn't know you were part of the LGBTQIAP club. I was thinking of joining, I'm bi. Are they nice there?" she asked with a smile, a little shy. No one really knew before now, only her brother, actually. He took off his hood, and still had a blush on his cheeks. She smiled. So happy. Love is such a complicated thing. It will be amazing in the first few seconds, but then your heart is at risk of being broken.

“I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-seo
Stats- Strength-4 Agility-10 Control-8 Stamina-6

“Nah ah ah... not so fast. Spill. I told you my story you tell me yours. I’ll give you a name even, if you spill.”

He wasn’t letting her off the hook that easy. He’d change topics when he heard her rant about her crush. But until then, Rowan could postpone for as long as necessary.
The goofy grin was still there, though the blush faded quickly as he was focusing on her now, instead of... 
He ignored her overdramatic scene as well. None of that BS. There were more pressing matters.

“You’ll never get a name if you don’t tell me, Min~”

He said in a teasing little sing song voice. 
Hell, he’d even introduce them and make sure she didn’t get a name still, if needed. That would be an interesting game to play, that's for sure. Might annoy the daylights out of Min but it would be fuuuunnn. 
Though once she saw him she’d be able to get a name off of his description most likely. So it wouldn’t last that long. But it would be fun while it lasted at least.
The bunny poked it’s head back out, in search of more food once again. It’s ears were flat against it’s head for now. 
Rowan set it down to grab the bag of food from her. The bunny ran away, to Rowan's dismay. 

I walk upon the broken shards that used to be my heart, for I have nothing left to bleed.
Limited attendance for a while. Expect to see me on and off.

Min-seo's face turned a bright red and she hid her face with her hands. God no why. WHY WHY WHY. Yay embarrassment for Min.
"Oh god, I shouldn't have said anything......you'd better tell me the name, Rowan. Please do. I just want to know." she said, whining slightly. She really didn't want to say, but whatever, may as well.
"Well, here we go. She's in the same house as me, Slytherin, and we actually met on the Hogwarts Express beforehand. I was looking for an empty compartment, and the emptiest one was her alone, so I just went in there, although I was scared. She calls me, well, Princess Min, because she thinks I'm like one, perfect, and I'm NOT, but she still calls me that, she says that someones got to say how perfect I am, WHICH AGAIN I'M NOT. She's, well, amazing, smart, witty.....AH GOD, HERE I AM TURNING CHEESY! Um, she loves the stars, like me. She loves reading too. I actually have a Polaroid picture of us on the train, both happy as ever.......there ya go, you happy? I like someone. Now tell me the name, Ro." she said, a prominent blush still on her face.

“I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-seo

Ah, so gay. Each of them were so gay, and it was incredible that they lived in a time where they could be just that.

“Beautiful. I wish you the best of luck with her. Ah, and I owe you a name, yes? Miko. His name is Miko. I call him mon amour at times, but his real name is Miko. Isn’t it adorable?” 

Gods he was a lovesick little pup. But who cared. It was cute to see him like this.
As for the other topic. What was it again? Ah yes, the club.

“Oh- yes! Anyhow, the club. They’re amazing there. Kind, but there is a girl to watch out for. Stella, her name was? Just stay clear of her and you will be golden. Otherwise yes, I would recommend the club to you. Also, I feel honored that you came out to me that easily, just so you know.”

He reached out to take her hand, giving it a little squeeze, before falling back in the snow, letting the cold wrap around him. He loved this school so much already, and classes hadn’t even started for him yet. Maybe the classes were what was going to be bad though, who knew.

I walk upon the broken shards that used to be my heart, for I have nothing left to bleed.

Min-seo smiled. She felt very accepted. Sure, there was always going to be someone that didn't like how she was, but she knew that it was just life.

"That's very adorable. If you guys get together, I will be so happy. If it does happen, please tell me as soon as possible." she said, still a small blush on her cheeks.

"It sounds very nice, I might join. I hope I'm not too late. I probably am, considering my luck. Stella? Why? What is she like? I've never met her before." she said, a little confused. He squeezed her hand and she smiled. "The same for you, although I did ask who your crush was. I hope I wasn't being too pushy, I'm sorry. May I mention that you're probably the first one I've come out to at school? I think besides my brother, you're the first person just in general." she said with a smile. She finally was starting to get a hang of things at the school. Sure, she was still the same, shy 11 year old girl, but she changed. She felt more comfortable talking to people. Hopefully, it would just get better from there.

“Of course. You’d be the first one I tell.”

And the only one he would tell, but nonetheless, he’d tell her. His father wouldn’t know for awhile still. Maybe know at all until he moved out. She and Miko were the only two he was out too.
It’s not like he was hiding it, but...
He was scared, to be honest.
His father wouldn’t be accepting, he knew this, and if anything, he would be pissed at him for being... like this. Maybe he was hiding it from his father.

He suddenly didn’t want to talk about the club. Or talk at all really. He squirmed in the snow, sitting up soon enough. He just wanted to get back to his dorm and sleep it off. Whatever the hell this was. Fear- discomfort- Whatever. 
Of course, he didn’t show anything, but he wanted to excuse himself as soon as possible.

“No no, you’re fine. Not pushy. I’m honored you came out to me first. It’s getting a little late though. Curfew is soon. I think I’ll be getting to bed now. You should too.” 

He stood up, offering her a hand to help her up. Still calm. The french in his voice was coming out more though, which was the only indication he was straining himself any. 

Koko had been... not sulking. She didn’t sulk. Stalking? Much more likely. Koko had been stalking the other students in the area. It wasn’t that she was a psychopath, it was just that the young Slytherin was scouting for some new... friends? Or was “puppets” more appropriate? She sighed. These people reminded her so much of herself, she just couldn’t use them. She ran her slender, pale fingers through her caramel hair and contemplated her scenario some more. She just couldn’t go out there and confront two kids talking... or could she?

As she stepped out from behind the trees, a few things could be noticed about her. The first was that she had obviously gotten close to no sunlight, as she skin was a very pale shade of alabaster. Her caramel hair fell down her back in long, thick waves. Her eyes were a striking hazel that had only ever softened towards three people—and two of them were dead. Her fingernails were clipped carefully, as them being too short might leave her unable to claw her menacing way out of a fight. The clothes she wore unde her fresh-ironed robes seemed very expensive to many. Her parents hadn’t bought them for her. They wouldn’t have.

Lastly, she carried with her a dark air that burned with bitterness and longing, which was unusual because it actually corresponded to the darkness that the girl felt inside. “Hello,” she said, nothing masking the bitterness inside of her. “I know you from the LGBTQIAP club,” she paused, realizing she’d said something slightly inaccurate. “Actually, I don’t know you, I saw you.” Koko let a small frown form across her thin red lips and she paced around the two othe students. “Might I ask what you’re doing here?” She snapped. “Skipping classes definitely isn’t good.” Then she placed a cold, white finger on her lips, a soft smile being easily suppressed. “Though I may be being a hypocrite... still, what are you two doing?”

"We all have our demons. The only thing that really defines us is how we deal with them." Strength: 6
Agility: 8 Control:9 Stamina: 7

Min-seo smiled at Rowan. "Thank you. I'm glad." she said with a smile. She fidgeted with the end of her sweater. She was starting to have a better week, not saying it was bad, but she was stressed all week. Maybe seeing her friend was a good thing to happen, actually, she decided it was. It did get the weight off of her chest of telling someone about her sexuality.
“No no, you’re fine. Not pushy. I’m honored you came out to me first. It’s getting a little late though. Curfew is soon. I think I’ll be getting to bed now. You should too.”
Min-seo nodded. She started to yawn. She was tired now that she thought about it. She hadn't really gotten much sleep over the past few days, or was it the whole week? She didn't know right now, she was too tired and couldn't think straight at the moment. She smiled and took his offered hand, helping herself up, and stood in a standing position. She bowed her head. "Thank you." she yawned again, covering her mouth with her hand. "I did not know I was this tired. Up to the castle, I guess." she said. She heard a voice behind her. A girl was standing there. She went back to her silent state, and said quietly, "Just talking, why?"

Everything about her screamed danger. Yet Rowan was calm. His fear transformed into... something. Who knew what it was. He gently pushed Min behind him, chuckling softly. The sound was low and hollow. 
First step. Read the target.
Likely pure blood from how she held herself. He knew that stance all to well, as he often reflected it. Not only that but her clothes were as pristine as his or better. She hadn’t been sitting in the snow for awhile, so likely a bit better. 
She was careful about her words, for one reason or another. Rowan would have to be precise with his speech. Something hard for him, but not impossible. 
Step two, know their objective. She wanted to know why they were here, but for what reason?
A game then, maybe. Out of boredom or curiosity, she seemed the type to want to play with people’s emotions, with how she was circling like a... panther.

A game it is.

“Hello witchling. It seems you are mistaken, classes are over for the day. So I have no reason to answer you, as you have no leverage.”

He may not be the most appealing to Min at the moment- but he was more concerned about this girl walking away. He could apologize later.

“I heard most of it,” Koko said grimly. “Not that I judge you or anything,” she said quickly, “ I’m not a hypocrite. Well, not really.” She noticed that she was rambling, something she never did, and she slammed her mouth shut. Koko ruffled her sleeve awkwardly, knowing that she’d probably just been very rude, something she was normally fine with but, for some reason, she didn’t want to rude now.

“Sorry,” Koko forced out her throat. It felt iced over, as if she couldn’t talk any more. She looked down, her hazel gaze darkening even more until her eyes looked almost normal brown, the tiny hints of gold and green lost in the sea of emotion.

She really felt horrible. These emotions were just sneaking up on her. She inwardly groaned to herself, wondering how in the world she could have gone back to feeling emotions. "If it's not too intrusive, do you mind if I join you here?" She asked after a moment. "I don't really have many friends, and after listening to both of you talk, I can relate." Her cheeks reddened with each word. God, am I embarrassed? Koko asked herself, her flaming cheeks proving her question to have an answer of "yes."

Koko looked down, at her necklace, the one that very few people were likely to see. It had been her father's, but it seemed to be fashioned for a woman. It was gold, and there was fire burning in a small, Augury-shaped glass phial attached to the chain. The fire had burned those who'd gotten in her way, but it had never harmed her. She finally brought her piercing gaze up, surprised to feel a small glistening of tears in her eyes. Koko squeezed her eyes shut, letting the tears freeze in her long, feathery eyelashes. "Sorry," she breathed, so quietly that she could hardly be heard. Finally, she regained her composure slightly, and gave a retort that didn't hold any of the sharpness she wanted it to. She just sounded like someone explaining their reasoning in math class. "There's my leverage. I want someone to relate to."

"We all have our demons. The only thing that really defines us is how we deal with them." Strength: 6

Min-seo was scared. Really scared. Not that she usually wasn't, it's just she seemed to freeze when the random girl just spoke. Rowan pushed her behind him, chuckling slightly.
"Ro?" she asked in the quietest voice possible. She was really scared. She didn't really know why, the girl just talked with such a sharp and cold tone that she seemed like someone to hurt her. She observed the girl. She had hazel eyes and caramel hair. She thought she saw her somewhere before. She might be in the same house as her. She seemed, well, manipulative. She didn't really like people like that, she'd like to control herself, thank you very much. She felt like shrinking into the ground, being invisible. Then the girl started to change. She started to ramble, about not judging them. She heard the whole conversation. Shit. No. God no. Min-seo took a deep breath. Then she stopped speaking, and spoke again, asking to join them. She started to cry. Min-seo frowned. She didn't know if she was doing this to get them to trust them, or if she was genuine. She sighed and looked at her."I'm okay with it, maybe. It's up to Rowan, though." she said tentatively.

"That's perfectly fine," Koko replied, finally regaining her confidence in herself. Her soft voice rolled over the words like velvet. "Maybe I'll share some of my story." She meant it to just be a bribe, maybe leverage for them to say more, but instead she found she somewhat meant it. Damn it, she thought, surprised at her sudden trust in these people. Maybe it after listening to the whole conversation that they had shared. Still, as someone who normally was suspicious of people, she couldn't believe herself. She shivered, a cold gust of wind finding its way underneath her robes. She cursed under her breath. She hated how antisocial she was, but sometimes she liked it. It depended on the day, as well, but at Hogwarts Koko had been trying to socialize a bit more. Not that it was working, anyways. Try as she may, she could never keep much of a friendship and she usually made people hate her instead of like her. She was never good at any place with many people.

Part of it had been because she wasn't allowed to meet with many people. Thanks to that Rosalie, Koko thought bitterly, then she finally tossed the thoughts out the window, waiting for Rowan's reply.

"I don't... I... Don't trust me with this decision. Min, it's up to you. I was going to go to bed. If you want you can stay and talk or whatever." 

In all honesty Rowan was lagging a bit now. The fact that he was stuttering was a clear indication of this. As well as the fact that his french accent was getting heavy in his voice. He stepped out of the way so that Min was standing next to him, in clear line of sight now. It seemed he trusted Koko enough not to be completely defensive of Min. Though not too much, as indicated by his next statement.

"You hurt her, and you're dead."

Was the only thing he said to Koko, a clear indication of where they stood, before he turned to Min again.

"I'm sorry, I'm just exhausted. I'll see you later, yes? I'm going to get dinner before I go up to my room, so if you want to come you can. Both of you can join me. I don't care, in all honesty. I just won't be sticking around for long."

Koko's hazel eyes flashed dangerously. He doesn't trust me! Everyone trusted her, normally. Maybe it was because she manipulated them to trust her, but still. They were never so openly rude. This person, this Rowan, he ought to know better!

But... he was just being an overprotective idiot, wasn't he? He didn't have to be so rude to just protect the girl he was talking to; his friend. A surge of white-hot jealousy rushed over her, but she toned it down quickly and, with a quick glance around her, she was sure that it hadn't shown through her carefully molded appearance.

His words came back to her, and wrongly, horribly, they filled her with glee. Someone actually thought her to be dangerous. Hurtful. Murderous, maybe. But that shouldn't have been a good thing. It should have been the worst thing in the world. However, Koko was so used to being underestimated that it did boost her self-esteem a bit. "I won't hurt her," Koko said soothingly, with a voice like honey. I'm not that evil, she thought bitterly. Then she took notice of Rowan's "invitation" to get out of the cold and join him... to go get dinner? Koko froze. She hated the main hallway. She hated how everyone would crowd in there, and talk, and socialize. It was either dinner or the cold, though. "Perhaps I might join you," she said after a moment.

Min-seo saw the girl's eyes flash dangerously. She tensed and went a little closer to Rowan out of fear. She sighed a bit. The girl went back to her composed ways. She was happy that Rowan thought to protect her though, he was a great friend. She was a bit scared, but she tried not to be. She seemed to be okay, though. She might've been cold, but Min-seo was a little too trusting at times. She said she wouldn't hurt her in a honey-like voice, but it seemed to hide something behind it, maybe jealousy?. She smiled at Rowan. "There's no reason to be sorry, it's fine, it's understandable. I might come with you to dinner, I am quite hungry." she said quietly. She heard the girl was going as well. She smiled timidly at the girl. "May I ask for your name? I think you're in the same house as me." she said, still smiling in a warm but timid way. The girl just decided to trust her. If there was something she did that Min-seo didn't like though, the trust would be broken. It wouldn't be like last time, never again, never ever like that. She was so stupid then.

Back   Reply