Care of Magical Creatures

Register
Sign in
  Back   Reply

Curiosity killed the cat...

"It's alright. I've been over it for awhile. I miss them, but..."

Rowan shrugged slightly. His mother had been gone for awhile. His uncle caught whatever it was soon after her. He had been taking care of her, so it made sense. 
Rowan had seemed to be immune to it for some reason, even though they were quarantined eventually, his father had caught it too. The rest of the extended family stayed away, worrying for their own livelihood. In all honesty, he couldn't blame them. 
Rowan was left to both help the sick family members and fend for himself, giving him almost no time to grieve once his mother was gone. She was the first to go.
In fact Rowan was almost relieved.
It was one less mouth to feed, and body to take care of.
He was resentful that it was his father that survived though.

"Violet is a good color. Honestly, I like Green more though."

Pulling himself out of the dark thoughts, Rowan let go of Min-seo, adjusting his hood, before pulling his arms back inside his cloak.

"So to the great hall?"

He gave her a gentle smile, even though his eyes were dark.
This was going to be a disaster.
With how loud and chaotic the Great hall was, Rowan was going to have a hard time not breaking down.
Maybe they could just grab a plate of food and bring it back here..?

"I love caramel and whatnot, so butterbeer is my favorite at the moment."

Reducio
OOC: Great hall scene, which you can reply to, though it may not be what you expected.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4682

My eyes are of the darkest storm raging across the sea, but my heart of spun sugar, sweet and fragile, about to shatter.

Min-seo looked around rapidly. "Rowan! Where are you!" She kept on yelling, scared. Where was he? He just ran off. She looked around, panicked for her friend. "ROWAN!" The snow got thicker, and she tried to run. She tripped and fell, but got up again. She didn't know what happened, he just started getting really stressed and scared. Maybe because of the noise? She didn't know. It was quite loud there. She just kept looking. Maybe he went a different direction? Did he decide to go back? Where was he? She didn't know. She was scared. She checked almost everywhere. She didn't want to lose him, she was scared she might, just like her mother, father, and baby sister. She hoped she didn't do anything wrong to hurt or upset him. "ROWAN BANE! WHERE ARE YOU! COME BACK!" she shouted as the snow got louder. "WHERE ARE YOU!" she felt herself getting colder as she ran around. She shivered as she looked for him. She felt like falling. It was getting whiter, she could barely see infront of her. Her teeth chattered. On all days, why today did she decide to wear a skirt in the harsh cold?
"ROWAN!"
Last edited by Min-seo Kim on 10th December 2018, 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

"I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-seo

Shouting broke through his thoughts. But who? He almost thought about putting them in a little raindrop and letting them fade away. 
But the panic in their voice kept him from doing so. It was akin to his was a moment ago. 
Only then did it become clear. How long had he been sitting here?
“ROWAN BANE!”
They screamed.
Shit.
“Min?”
He said at first, bewildered. He finally took in his surroundings. It was snowing like it was trying to bury them all in the depths of hell.
“MIN-SEO YOU GET YOUR ASS BACK INSIDE YOU BETTER NOT BE RISKING YOUR HYDE FOR ME!”
The fairy boy changed in an instant, from the usual soft spoken male, to a roaring lion, true to the gryffindor name.
He then spotted her, wadding through the snow in a skirt and winter cloak.
Gods above she was a reckless child. 
Barreling towards her, he practically tackled her over, as he wrapped his thin arms around her, enveloping her in warmth. 
“I swear to the gods above and below if you do not get inside this instant I am going to- to- gAH- JUST GET INSIDE.”
He shedded his cloak in an instant, wrapping it around her and breaking into a run, bolting towards the distant lights of the castle.
Why the hell did he have to choose a place so far from the castle to sulk?  
As soon as he hit the doors, he found the closest fire and curled up next to it, restoring whatever body heat had lost along the run. It was a miracle he hadn’t frozen along the way. A boy of ice and snow indeed.

My eyes are of the darkest storm raging across the sea, but my heart of spun sugar, sweet and fragile, about to shatter.

“Min?” she heard a voice call. He was here. Yes! "ROWAN!" she yelled again.
“MIN-SEO YOU GET YOUR ASS BACK INSIDE YOU BETTER NOT BE RISKING YOUR HYDE FOR ME!” he screamed. She was a bit startled from his voice. She'd never heard him yell before. She kept coming over though, even though she was turning into an icicle by the second. She saw him sitting down in the snow. He ran over to her and tackled her, a light oof coming out of her mouth from the impact. He wrapped his arms around her. at first, she was stunned, and couldn't comprehend what was happening. But she cam to, and she hugged him back. FINALLY. She found him. Gosh. “I swear to the gods above and below if you do not get inside this instant I am going to- to- gAH- JUST GET INSIDE.” he said. She didn't have any time to speak as he shed his coat and wrapped it around her before he bolted back up to the castle. She followed close behind. They went to the nearest fire and sat in front of it, thawing out. She looked at him. "I'm sorry I tried to find you, but I was worried. You were gone a long time. I thought you froze to death." she said, teeth chattering from the cold, even though they were still in front of the fire.
Last edited by Min-seo Kim on 10th December 2018, 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

"I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-seo

Rowan was giggling. Actually giggling, like a weirdo. They could have died but he laughed.
“Sorry- sorry. I just had to figure something out. I am truly sorry I ran out on you like that. You really shouldn’t have ran after me though. I’m like a little radiator. You, however, will freeze very quickly.”
He was spread out on the floor infront of the fire, face down, and stretching like a little cat of sorts. He was back to soft spoken, thankfully, no longer yelling. 
He took his socks and shoes off, which were soaked through with snow melt, and placed them next to the fire, letting them dry.
“Put the robes near the fire, they need to dry, you’ll be colder for longer with them on.”
He had delt with harsh winters before, and especially soaked snow clothes, with how much he liked the cold. He would spend hours in the cold, before his... mother called him inside for dinner...
His face fell for a moment, before he went back to the calm mask. 
“Again, I am sorry for scaring you. I shouldn’t have done that.”
He closed his eyes, switching to a sitting position to lean against the column next to the fire, soon lapsing into a calm silence.
His flower crown was close to falling off, and for once he didn’t seem to care. Or maybe he was too tired to notice.

Min-seo laughed a bit too. "No need to be sorry. I just got scared, that's all. I had to go and find you. I don't exactly think before I do, aaaaaannd I do get cold easily." she said with a smile at the end. She pulled her knees to her chest and rocked back and forth. Though it was freezing, she was still happy he was okay. She honestly gets worried too easily about that stuff.
“Put the robes near the fire, they need to dry, you’ll be colder for longer with them on.” She nodded, taking off the boots and socks on her small, delicate feet and putting them by the fire. She took off the cloak he gave her and hung it up to dry by the fire, followed by the coat she had on earlier, leaving her in an oversized sweater and a slightly wet skirt due to the snow. She scooted a little closer to the fire, trying to warm up her numb body.
"You don't have to be sorry, I just overcomplicated things, per usual." she said softly. She looked at him. He had totally different personalities. He was either calm or loudish. She noticed his flower crown was lopsided on his head and fixed it a bit.

“Well I made you scared so I am going to apologize.”

He said, peaking open one eye to look at her.
In all honesty it surprised him a bit when she fixed his crown, flinching back slightly.

“Ah. Thank you.”

He gave her a small smile back, fixing it the rest of the way.
He didn’t really know how to feel about her at times. She was almost too close for his liking. He didn’t mind if yet but...
He didn’t want her growing feelings that wouldn’t be mirrored.
He yawned softly, covering his mouth quickly. His stomach growled as well, but he ignored it.
“Sorry- I’m really a bit tired. I think I’m going to head to bed. You should too, Alright? See you at breakfast maybe?”
He stood slowly, stretching, before grabbing his cloak, giving her a tiny wave before walking back up to his dormitory.
He really hoped this wouldn’t get complicated with her.
He really liked her as a friend. The problem may be that he didn’t like her as more though. 
Hopefully he was completely and totally wrong. 
Because he didn’t know if he had the heart to tell her he felt otherwise.
Reducio
Rowan has left the thread for the time being.
Last edited by Rowan Bane on 9th December 2018, 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"You really don't need to, I just wanted to help a friend, that's all. It was my fault to go out in the snow."
Min-seo only thought of him as a good friend, nothing more. Hopefully he didn't think she liked him in another way. When he flinched and he pulled away, she quietly said, "Sorry." She just wanted to help, but she didn't take it to heart. She needed to stop doing that. "You're really desperate for friends aren't you?" a voice said in the back of her head. She brushed it away, ignoring it. Yes, she did want friends, but she wasn't desperate. She just didn't want to be lonely, that's all.

“Sorry- I’m really a bit tired. I think I’m going to head to bed. You should too, Alright? See you at breakfast maybe?” he said. She smiled and nodded. She waved as he went back up to his dormitories. She sighed and grabbed her almost dry socks, coat, and boots. She looked into the fire for a bit, just thinking. She headed down to the basements where her dorms were located. He was quite nice. Hopefully, he considered her a friend. She opened the door and went inside.
Last edited by Min-seo Kim on 9th December 2018, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rowan was back outside again, a new glow to him.
It had been nearly a week since he had been outside for long periods of time like this, just in and out occasionally, but never for over an hour. It was an unusually long time for him to abstain from these thoughtful sessions. But here he was again, sitting in the snow, watching the world go by with absent eyes.
He was smiling this time though.
Something good had happened most likely.
He had put on some light weight, no longer looking like a stick figure about to snap in half. Amazing what a week of three meals a day could improve upon. He actually looked healthy.
Cradling the bunny in his hands again, he was musing over the fact that his little friend remembered him. He had brought snacks for the rabbit and was slowly feeding them to it.

"Now why are you here again? Was I just that cozy? Must be. Look! Food. Yes, I know, there's food for you this time. Aren't I just your favorite human now?"

No response, of course, but who cared. Rowan sure didn't. As long as the bunny wasn't scared or startled by his voice, he couldn't care less.
Maybe he would see Min again... It had been awhile since he had seen her, even when attending daily meals. Or maybe he just hadn't noticed her... That wouldn't be good.

Min-seo was walking outside, trying to wind down. The past week had been stressful, mostly because of schoolwork, but there were definitely good things about it too. She sighed. This time, she was smart and wore leggings instead of a skirt. She looked around. A bird started to fly towards her. She smiled and grabbed birdseed from her bag. She grabbed some and held it in her delicate hand. She let the small bird land on her hand and eat. She smiled. She did miss this place, even though she just didn't come for only a week.
"Now why are you here again? Was I just that cozy? Must be. Look! Food. Yes, I know, there's food for you this time. Aren't I just your favorite human now?"
She heard a voice say. Rowan? She smacked her head. She totally forgot. She had been coming to try and find him at the beginning of the week, but she couldn't find him, so she just stopped. She turned to look behind her and by the classroom sat Rowan, feeding a bunny. She petted the bird's chest, and it chirped as if to say thank you for the food. She smiled, nodding her head. It chirped again and it flew away through the trees. She started to walk towards him.
Last edited by Min-seo Kim on 10th December 2018, 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

He heard the light crunching of snow and looked up, eyes bright. 
Rowan had removed almost all of his jewelry a few days ago, and was now left with his pointed ears and flower crown to set him apart from the other pale idiots. Well that and his eyes. His eyes never ceased to be an eerie aspect to him.

"Ah! Look at that! A friend!"

Rowan held up the bunny for it to see Min- or for Min to see it, who knows.

"Sorry I abandoned you for a bit. Things were happening. Want to feed this little guy? There's a bag of treats next to my feet."

He tucked the rabbit back against his chest so it wouldn't freak out over being cold.
Now that she was getting closer, she could see that he didn't only gain fat weight, but muscle mass. How in hell did he manage to do that in only a week?
He held the bag of treats up for her to take, the bunny's head the only thing sticking out of his robes. It's little wiggly nose sniffled at the air as it saw the bag of treats pass. It's ears pricked up as well, interest peaked.

Min-seo smiled and waved at him. "Long time no see!" She looked at the bunny. "Aw...." she said softly. He looked different. His jewelry was gone, for one, and he seemed happier and more lively. He put on more weight.
"Sorry I abandoned you for a bit. Things were happening. Want to feed this little guy? There's a bag of treats next to my feet."
She smiled. "No matter. We all have our own stuff going on. I had a pretty weird week myself. And I'd love to." she said, still smiling. She sat on her knees in the snow, just like last time a week ago. She smiled and took the bag. The bunny's attention was on her now. She put her small hand inside the bag and grabbed a handful. She held it out to the bunny in Rowan's robes. The bunny began to eat, and it's furry mouth tickled her hand. She giggled as the bunny continued to eat. She looked at Rowan with a smile on her face. "Can I ask you what happened this week? If you don't want to say what it was, I'm okay with it." she asked softly, still giggling at the rabbit.

Rowan blushed lightly as she asked what had happened.

"Well... I may have developed a crush, then spent some time getting used to crowds, then I was eating three meals a day, so I wasn't out here, then I was preparing for classes that are gonna start soon, getting settled into my dorms, then I spent a day in the ballroom- and- well yeah, it was just busy. Sorry."

He winced slightly. He didn't want to be picking favorites, first off, but second off, that didn't sound like alot of things, yet they took up so much time. There was of course a few more things he did, like go to that club meeting and whatnot. But honestly preparing for classes in a few days and adjusting to crowds was what mainly took up his week.
The bunny finished the food and snuggled back into his nice and warm cloak. Which was also kinda covered in alot of white fur.
Rowan attempted to brush some of it off with his free hand, but failed. He just defaulted to fidgeting with his appearance, pulling his hood down more over his face. He was still blushing, just thinking about Mi- the crush. 

Min-seo gave a wide smile at her friend as he blushed. She hadn't seen that expression on his face.

"Oooooooooh Rowan! Didn't expect that really. That's lovely! Maaaaaayyy I ask what their name is? And what they're like? And how you met? Again, you don't have to tell me. I'm very happy for you. And you spent time in the ballroom? Isn't it beautiful there? I went there to dance. It was snowing and everything, ah, just perfect. Sorry, I'm shooting questions left and right at you, " she said sheepishly.
She didn't expect him to have a crush on someone, that was definitely new. She also had one on someone........but she didn't say. She did like her, though. Anyways, she smiled. She had slight matchmaker tendencies, and she could tell this person made him very happy. She smiled. "Well, I'm glad you're happy now." she said, happy herself. Everything was turning out for the better this week. She was way more comfortable around the castle, for one, and she was meeting new people. She felt, well, at home here now that she had a week to settle in. She gave a soft laugh as Rowan tried to brush off the fur, failing, and pulled his hood over his head, still blushing.

“Don’t you laugh at me! Just for that I’m not telling you his name.”

He whined softly, snuggling the bunny closer as he pouted slightly.
Ah shit. He already said that his crush was a he. Well, too late now.

“They’re adorable. Like a little ball of sunshine. He’s a hufflepuff but... gods he’s different than my parents ever were. He doesn’t even have to think twice about it, he just radiates joy. He makes me happy. Like- really happy. I don’t know why he would choose my grumpy ass for a friend but- he sees something good in me. It’s amazing. As for how we met it was at the LGBTQIAP club. I kinda just... Okay it’s gonna sound cheesy but he was really cute so I just... kinda walked over and stood aways away for awhile until he noticed me and said hi. The ballroom is very pretty- and um... that was all the questions, right?”

Rowan was still thinking about him. Still blushing and grinning like an idiot. Was this really what love was like? It sucked. He couldn’t focus on anything else because of the adorable bastard.
Rowan tossed his head back, pushing the hood off his head so he could look at Min again.

Back   Reply