Care of Magical Creatures

Register
Sign in
  Back   Reply

Curiosity killed the cat...

Rowan. Not even a second year and already roaming this area. 
The silent child was a bit eerie to be honest.
It was the dead of winter and he was just lounging by the stables, wrapped in just one heavy winter cloak. 
The child was pale as a ghost too. The only color that ever adorned him was derived from the flower crown atop his head. Usually a purple or blue flower of some sort. The metal jewelry probably wasn’t the warmest to the touch either.

Yet for some reason he stayed here for hours at a time, before going back in. Sometimes bringing a book, sometimes not. Sometimes playing in the snow sometimes just sitting there looking up at the sky. 
Sometimes he cried. Full on sobbing when he thought no one else was around.
The french boy was odd to say the least. No one really knew him. Or knew anything about him. So curiosity may arise around the male.
Other than that, some animals seemed particularly interested in him. 
And he in them.
You would be flat out lying if you said you didn’t see Rowan out there at least once per day, attracting birds or rabbits.. He had special snacks for them apparently, as well as warmth in the middle of the cold winter. 
~Rowan is seen here often. Conversation is often open.~
Last edited by Rowan Bane on 10th December 2018, 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My eyes are of the darkest storm raging across the sea, but my heart of spun sugar, sweet and fragile, about to shatter.

Stella was wandering around, that was all. The Magical Creature stables were amazing and magical and the one place Stella wanted to be. It definitely could replace her recent "quality time" at the Great Lake. She couldn't wait to be a third year.

All of a sudden, Stella saw the boy from the LGBTQIAP club meet. The boy whose robes she had all but destroyed. Uh oh. How come the wrong people showed up at the wrong times at the wrong places EVERY SINGLE DAY? Stella's mood was a bit lighter than it had been before, but that still didn't stop her from ducking behind the nearest stable.

She would stay there until he left. Then, Stella noted that the boy did seem quite like the gullible type. Maybe it would be good to have him as an ally. Stella made a quick loop so it seemed like she was just turning around the bend, and put her stride back into confident, yet normal.

She was wearing the same black clothes as usual: A shiny leather vest with silver buttons and a faded zipper, tall combat boots that went to her knees, fingerless gloves, ripped black jeans, and a grey newsboy cap over her spiky blue hair. It was a threatening look, and it wouldn't help her cause, but it was too late for that anyways.

Stella walked to where the boy was standing, and her sliver tongue took control. Even with the menacing cold flashing in her color changing eyes, her voice was light and carefree.

"Oh, hello again! Sorry about the other day, I don't know what came over me.

Her defined British accent was smooth and pure. Not knowing if the boy would fall for it or not, Stella stayed put, her breath turning to mist in the chilly air.

Outside of a dog, a dog is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's dark
- Groucho Marx

Min-seo looked around, cold as ever, and wrapped her scarf tighter around her neck and shivered. She didn't exactly know where she was going, but she just wanted to get out of the castle. her ponytail was swinging back and forth as she walked in the snow. She blinked as snowflakes fell on her long eyelashes. She saw birds flying above her head, and smiled. She looked around the area, taking in the tall trees and felt the snow on her face. She loved it here. Peaceful. She felt like she had no worries. No thoughts about her parents, which reminded her she needed to visit their graves soon, but that will have to wait. She walked over to some of the trees and peered up into the branches. She heard movement and looked behind her. She saw a very pale boy with a flower crown atop his head. He was alone in the snow, reading it seemed like. She was a very curious girl, which usually got her into trouble. She timidly walked over to him. "Hello. I'm sorry to bother you, but, what is your name?" She felt very shy.

(oh wait someone already came sorry forget about me)
Last edited by Min-seo Kim on 7th December 2018, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-seo

The male looked up at the shivering girl. Interesting.
Why was someone like her out in a place like this?
“Rowan.” He responded, his voice soft. Like he didn’t want to break the silence in such a calm place.
“And what might your name be?”
He sat in the snow, perfectly still. Creepy. The black fabric of his robes flared out slightly, in sharp contrast with the snow around him.
Through the little crack in the fabric, a head poked its way out. 
It was a... a rabbit! 
It quickly retreated back within his robes, content with the warmth he provided, not wanting to go anywhere else.
His hood was up over the flower crown. How odd. Maybe he didn’t want it to get all snowy. Or maybe he just didn’t want to take it off to put it over the hood.
Through his gloves he could feel the quick pitter patter of the rabbit’s heart, working harder to keep it warm in such cold weather. He closed the fabric tighter around the both of them, letting no cold air in. 
The rabbit’s heart rate slowed a bit.
Rowan smiled.
Observation available: A slightly french accent to his voice
Observation available: There are no footprints around him. He had been sitting there for awhile.

My eyes are of the darkest storm raging across the sea, but my heart of spun sugar, sweet and fragile, about to shatter.

She smiled. "Min-seo. It's a pleasure to meet you." She said timidly. She noticed the slight accent to his voice. She took in the view of the strange boy. He had a slight purple tinge to his hair, and he seemed quite kind and quiet. She felt an interesting aura around him. He seemed like the type to not put up with any bullshit, but he also seemed like the person that would try to help people. That just might be her interpretation of him, but she thought at least she will find out sooner or later. She smiled at the small bunny who popped out from his robes. "It's adorable. The rabbit." She tucked a strand of hair behind her hair, for she had two stray pieces out of her ponytail. Although the conversation left silence hanging in the air, it was a very comfortable silence. "Did you come here to see the animals?" She asked, feeling a little calmer. She kneeled in the snow about 5 feet away from him. He still looked down, smiling at the rabbit. She clasped her two small pale hands together, still trying to stay warm a little bit.

(Things to notice: Asian accent mixed with Engish accent)
Last edited by Min-seo Kim on 7th December 2018, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-seo

“I’m afraid I don’t believe you, Miss...?”
Why was he even bothering with her name. It wasn’t worthwhile. 
He looked up at the blue haired girl, turning his head to the side to get a better look at her.
“I believe what you did was fully intentional. For what reason, I don’t know why, but you did it. However if it means anything to you, I do not care. I merely dried them off later. Your... action did not offend me too much.”
He popped something in his mouth before continuing to read, the book sticking out from underneath his heavy robes. 
His hands bore a multitude of rings, not gloves for some reason. They probably weren’t warm. He wore long sleeves. His ears were still covered in the usual array of earrings. And like usual, the signature flower crown. In red today. 
He flipped a page, continuing to ignore her now. He had no interest in her apparently, but also no hate for her.
Observation available: The rings look expensive to a mildly trained eye
Observation available: He popped a piece of candy in his mouth
Standing with stella: Negative but not agressive about it

Stella went back to her original menacing ways. "Fine then." Biting her lip, remembering her actions to this boy, she tried to hold back her initial anger. "I truly am sorry for what I did." He wasn't buying it, that was obvious. Stella ran her fingers through her blue hair.

Maybe she should try to actually be sincerely nice? Stella hadn't done that in a while, and she didn't know if she could do it. Then the rabbit scuttled along the path, and her past worries were forgotten. Instead they were replaced with something more. Something fearful.

Memories from her time being homeless flooded Stella's mind. She jumped back. How could somehting so docile, so innocent trigger these? The girl hadn't had one of these panic attacks since her time with Azaiah Morgos on the Hogwarts Express. Stella whipped out her wand, pointing it at the rabbit.

Her breathing was shallow, and her face became even paler than before. Stella gulped for air, terror reigning on her face. She could not show weakness in front of this Gryyfindor boy, but Stella couldn't help it as she fell to the ground and clutched her knees, breathing hard.

The rabbit. Had to get away from the boy and the rabbit. Had to run. Had to go.

Stella tried to move, but she wasn't in control now. It was the fear and her. She knew it was no use to fight the panic attacks, but the screaming filled her ears, and no matter how hard she struggled against her invisible bonds, Stella was stuck.

Then everything faded to black.
Reducio
Stella just had a panic attack, the second one in her life. Please excuse her from the thread.
Last edited by Stella Rose on 9th December 2018, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Outside of a dog, a dog is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's dark
- Groucho Marx

“Rowan Bane. The pleasure is mine, honestly.”
She was right to call him odd. As he looked back up at her she was able to see his grey eyes. Grey ringed with green. Almost as if he was destined to slytherin, but was put in gryffindor anyhow.
“Do you like animals too, Min-seo?” 
He said her name odd, like it was hard for him to say. Though at least he pronounced it correctly.
“Oh. Yes I come here for the cold and the animals. It’s calm here, and you can hear the animals in the stables sometimes. It’s good ambience.”
She was right on almost all of those points. He was odd but adorable. Almost like a faerie of sorts with the flower crown. And the jewelry. A mystical little thing.
“I like animals quite a bit actually. Even though I’m only a first year I’m already looking forward to The Care of Magical Creatures. I’m pretty sure it’ll be my favorite class when I get there.”
He smiled at her, before looking back to the bunny. 
It’s heart beat was still fast, but slow for a bunny. A smile touched his lips still. He would have to let go of it soon.

Min-seo smiled at the boy, her chocolate brown eyes going into crescents.
"I do love animals. They make me feel calm."
Her delicate face had a small from the cold. She still smiled at the rabbit. She used to have one, but it was when her parents were alive. Sadly, it ran away. She missed it dearly, the only other pet she had was her Godfather's owl, named Ginger, who was a small light brown owl who had taken a liking to her. Her godfather joked that the bird loved her more than him because of how much she loved animals.
"That does make sense. This seems like the place to come to relax."
She blinked the snowflakes off her eyelashes and shivered a little, still a bit cold, for she was in a skirt and kneeling in the snow. The boy may have been the first person she talked to at Hogwarts, being extremely shy to talk to anyone before this, and scared of being judged.
"I'm also a first year. I'm sad we can't take this class this year. We have to wait till third year."
She felt quite small, surrounded by trees (Being only 4'5), but it was comforting in a way.
Last edited by Min-seo Kim on 8th December 2018, 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Mmm... yes, well some people find it odd I spend so much time here. But honestly? Gryffindor commons is much too loud for me.”

Rowan opened his arms, a wave of cold air startling the bunny back into full consciousness. It had been sleeping almost, so warm in an otherwise cold area. But Rowan couldn’t keep it, and he knew he couldn’t wake it up once it was asleep. 

So he released it before it came to that.

Once the bunny had hopped away, Rowan snuggled back up into his robes, sighing softly.

“The cold is the best, no? You get to snuggle up in warm clothes. Winter is truly my favorite season.”

Yes. They would have to wait for the Care of Magical Creatures class. Way longer than Rowan would have liked, but those were the rules. 

Rowan thought about it for a moment. 

Technically he could ask for the class when they started. That may be acceptable. He would need a good reason though. And a way to prove he wasn’t going to be a hazard. 

He shook himself out of thought, just flopped back into the snow with a heavy sigh. 

“You are right. Two more years. Then we’ll have an interesting class.”

Min-seo smiled.
"I do agree with that statement. I'm in Slytherin, and they're quite loud. I also feel like people judge me there....I don't know why I'm in there, honestly.....people say I'm way too nice to be in Slytherin when I meet them. I don't like the stereotype at all..... She trailed off.

Min-seo watched the bunny hop away. She smiled at it. It was truly a beautiful contrast against the snow. The bunny looked back then hopped into the wood once more, leaving footprints as it hopped away from the two.

"It is. People say they like summer because of the vacation, but in my opinion, winter is the best. The clothes, sometimes staying inside on a couch or chair with a blanket by the fireplace and reading a good book. Oh, and Christmas! Sometimes when I was younger, at night I'd sneak down to the tree and just look at the lights. Sorry I'm rambling...."

Min-seo shivered slightly but smiled. She didn't feel that cold, it might've been that she got used to it.

"Well, there are other interesting classes, but I do like Care of Magical Creatures the most, I wish we could do it sooner, so I could learn more about them."
Last edited by Min-seo Kim on 8th December 2018, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The conversation lasted awhile longer, before they lapsed into silence, just sitting there in each other’s company.
Rowan didn’t mind the silence really.
It was comforting, just being able to exist and have nothing expected of him.
Rowan unwrapped something from his pocket, popping it in his mouth and chewing.
The bunny had left tracks, like all things do in the snow. Rowan wanted to know more about tracks. They told so much about the animal, surprisingly. 
He drew a similar one in the snow beside it, frowning slightly. 
“What is your favorite creature, if I may ask? There’s so many, but they’re all amazing. Can you see the Thestrals? They’re very pretty, in a dark way. Elegant.  They’re probably close to the top of my list of favorites. Favorite creature is definitely a Kruppy though.” 
He could say more, or the reason behind it, but he would just be rambling worse than the girl was a second ago. 
Rowan quickly wiped the tracks from the snow, before turning to the girl, tilting his head to the side.
The flower boy definitely was interesting. 
They really ought to be heading inside for dinner soon, and by the looks of it, the male hadn’t eaten real food, or any food in awhile. Maybe he just couldn’t retain weight though, who knows.

Min-seo smiled, her eyes creating crescent moons once more. She hadn't met anyone quite like this boy, and he was very interesting, in a good way. She felt comfortable like she hadn't been in a long time, for she actually had someone she could talk to that understood things others didn't. He had the same interests as her, and she liked that they could talk about things she couldn't with her brother, although he did listen, he just didn't understand. She definitely thought his fairy-like appearance was quite interesting.
"Yes, I can see Thestrals, and they are magnificent. I wish sometimes I didn't see them since, well, my parents died, but they are beautiful. They're very friendly with me when I see them. My favorite creature.....my goodness, that's a good question. I'd have to say maybe a niffler, they're very cute, although they do get into a lot of trouble, taking many valuable things of course." She said with a little giggle.
Her stomach growled a little. She hid her face with embarrassment from the small noise.
"Are you hungry? I might head up for dinner since I am a little hungry. Would you like to come with, Rowan?" She asked with a smile.

“Mm... yes... I hope for both of your sakes it was a quick death. I had to watch my Mother and uncle fall to illness.” 
He said this so casually. Like he had already come to terms with it time and time again. 
“Nifflers are an... interesting pick.”
He had to hold back a sigh, disappointment flashing in his eyes for a split second. 
If you were to choose a creature off of pure cuteness, go with something like a cat or dog, not a Niffler. They could cause some serious trouble, and were a bother to keep safe if you weren’t properly educated. They were like hedgehogs. Adorable, but mini devils. Though I guess the reasons behind his favorite animal weren’t the best either.
“Ah. Yes. Dinner. Why not, it would be nice to go with a friend.”
The niffler issue still bugged him a bit, but he let it slide for now, standing and offering her a hand to help her up. 
“So, favorite color? Oh- and favorite drink? Pumpkin juice or butterbeer?”
Calm and collected like usual. 
His hands were surprisingly warm when she took them to help her up. He was like a miniature furnace. How? He was practically a stick! You could see his ribs sometimes! Logically he should be an icicle!

”Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. My parents and little sister died in a fire. But no matter, it’s alright.” She said quietly. She still hated the fact that they died, but she still was getting used to it.
“Thank you. I personally love all creatures, but that was the first one to come to mind.” She said with a small smile. Nifflers did cause trouble, but when they’re not near valuable stuff, like galleons and jewelry, they’re quite loving. That’s one of the reasons she chose them. But again, she loved all creatures, so she loved all of them equally (unless they tried to kill her, she’d be slightly afraid of them then.)
He offered her his hand. She smiled and took it, it was very warm, contrasting to her very cold one. How could he keep warm while sitting in the snow? She smiled when he thought of her as a friend. She didn’t really have any before.
”Favorite color? Hmm...maybe light violet? I do love that color. And favorite drink....I like both, honestly, but butter beer can get too sweet at times.”
She seriously wondered how he kept warm. She was freezing, well, maybe because of the skirt.

Back   Reply