Care of Magical Creatures

Register
Sign in
  Back

Care of Magical Creatures  Free 

Aurelia wasn't pay attention to the class, instead, she was busy sketching the beasts in her note book. Her hand which held on to the quill made fine lines over the paper creating a beautiful piece of art. She never sketched with a quill before, so this was a first. Her mother had taught her how to sketch when she was younger but she stopped when she became too busy as time passed.

A guy with blond hair strolled into the class and plopped himself down on the seat in front of her. He asked the girl near him if he was late. The girl's cheeks immediately glowed red. Aurelia smirked, she knew this look. After a few minutes had passed, an assistant approached the girl with the braided hair. He was extremely rude and asked questions that clearly bothered her. Aurelia wondered whether to ease the tension between the two or mind her own business. But after seeing the girl seemingly trying to hide her frustration. Aurelia decided to stand up for her.

"Hey you," Aurelia called. She peered at the name tag on this coat.
"Kaegen, she's clearly interested in this class and you shouldn't bother her.[/color]"
"If you don't like this class you should quit being an assistant and crawl to some other class to be another's teacher's pet. Clearly, you don't deserve the status of an assistant.[/color]" She said, almost mockingly.
Last edited by Aurelia Bezuidenhout on 9th April 2018, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This was clearly not going well at all. There were a bunch of people waiting for a class that would never happen, just dawdling away because they had nothing better to do. The class wasn't going to start, so why were they so adamant about waiting for it? Were they going to wait for three years just sitting in those chairs? No, he corrected himself. No, they just want to enjoy the comfortable seats, the nice table. That had to be the reason they were in here, it was completely ridiculous otherwise.
One of the girls told him to stop bothering the poor human tree, something about her being interested in the class? What class again? There had to be something he was missing. Kaegen was growing flustered, confused by the actions of the group of students, sitting alone in an empty classroom, paying attention to a class that, to Kaegen's knowledge, didn't even exist. There weren't any third years taking classes, and even if there was a few, he doubted that the professor would let a bunch of first years tag along. Care of magical creatures was third year for a reason. Even he hadn't actually taken any exams yet.
The girl confused him even more by saying that if he didn't like the class he should crawl away and be some other teacher's pet. That he clearly didn't deserve the status of assistant. That didn't make any sense, none of this did. There wasn't a class, these were all first years. He was a first year. He loved magical creatures, had spent his life trying to avoid being eaten by them, and taking care of the ones that couldn't kill him. Or at least the ones that didn't want to. He loved nothing more than to take care of magical creatures, he loved to go and sit motionless in the swamps and just watch the swirling mist. He spoke so softly, with that faraway tone of his, so that he wouldn't scare off the creatures, and so that they couldn't find him when they were hungry. He moved so smoothly because his grandfather taught him how. How to move smoothly to appear like a part of nature. How did he not deserve to be an assistant? Without creatures, he was nothing. Without nature, he was a husk of a boy. He was unused to walking on hard floor. So unused to it that his smooth motions seemed awkward on it. Kaegen's cheeks turned a slight pink as he realized that he had no earthly clue what was happening, and he wasn't likely to find out.
Moving across the room, he grabbed the lunch bag, pulled out an apple, and bit into it, staring at the other people sitting in the professor-less classroom, busy studying the wall, or something. He was missing something, he had to be missing something. And as embarrassing as being this clueless was, it was also a mystery. And mysteries were very interesting indeed.
Another mystery, for example, was how she knew his name. It's not like he was wearing a name tag or carrying a sign or anything. He was wearing a standard black robe with ravenclaw blue.

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Makena ran as quickly as her legs could carry her to where the lesson was as she was running late her long brown loose wavy hair was blowing in her face and her long, black Gryffindor robes were blowing in the wind. When she arrived she stopped trying catch her breath she slowly moved to the back fixing her hair and robes to look as neat as they could be and not like she had just ran, she looked up and was amazed by all of the creatures around her and it was like all of her worries went away she was so amazed she walked right up to the front of the class to get a closer look at them all. She couldn't stop smiling so she just stood there in awe looking at the creatures waiting for the lesson to begin. However she snapped out of it as she head people arguing not to far away from where she was stood and they all seemed quite annoyed. Makena wondered if she should go over to them and see if she could sort it out or at least just see what was happening but she decided not to as she didn't want to argue she just wanted to learn about these beautiful animals.

Makena D

Austin stands up in front of the rude guy. "First of all, it's not your business in what we do in this room, let Verla do what she wants." Austin almost shouted at the student. Though it seemed like he was mad, he wasn't at all, he was just giving his advice to the guy. 

"I- I'm really sorry, dude. I didn't mean to shout at you, really." Austin says to the guy. "I was just-" Austin pauses for a second and looks down at the ground, looking really sorry. "I was just giving you my advice." Austin says silently, almost like he was whispering. "I'm so sorry."

"I'm Austin, by the way. Austin Finch" Austin gets his hand in front of the guy, ready to shake hands with him. he smiles his charming smile at the guy. "We okay now? Just remember to mind your own business at times, though I'm kinda bothering you right now."

Austin said, "--Wait aren't you the assistant of Professor Solomon Lear?" as soon as he realized that he was the guy who was rumored to be Professor Solomon Lear's assistant. Though he doesn't believe that fact that much, thinking it's a lie, he still asks the guy about it, I mean, it can be true, right? It's not like he's faking it. He really wanted to meet the Professor's assistant since he wanted to be one. "You're Kaegen Deathmote, right? Bro, I've heard about you almost everywhere! It's so cool that I finally get to meet you!" 

Reducio
Austin's being so not-Hufflepuff here. lol. 

~A. Finch~

Skyla had been siting in the back waiting for the lesson to start,and decided to draw to pass the time ,since it was care of magical creatures she drew a griffon ,and some others around it ,she had been trying to ignore everything as to not make anymore attention to this class ,or herself ,she knew nobody in the class yet and was afraid,so she tried her best to stay unnoticed ,after a while her silver eyes flicked upwards after hearing some shouting ,and she flinched at this ,she hated loud noises or shouting ,and didn't want to get involved in this in case she made it worst ,so she mumbled to herself and went back to the drawing ,soon finishing it and sighed ,she knew she would make no friends if she didn't make the effort,but at the same time she didn't want to be rejected like she was. She laughed it off quietly to try and calm Down her shaking body,which didn't seem to work.she frowned,she hated this but didn't want to go home either.she prefered it here than there.she thought , she was excited however to be in this class ,she loved animals after all. So she would try her best

"While there is life, there will be hope"

Reducio
Btw, Kaegen, all school uniforms and coats should have name tags on.

After her insult, Kaegen's face redden. She couldn't read his expression as it was a mix of many. Maybe she said it a little to harsh. She almost felt sorry for him but she soon remembered that he was bothering the girl infront of her and that he deserved the beating. Kaegen merely walked to the back of the class and bit into an apple he pulled out from his sack.
The blond hair guy infront of her stood up suddenly and yelled at Kaegen. But within seconds, he was apologising to Kaegen for raising his voice, claiming he meant no harm. His mouth moved so fast that Aurelia could barely hear what he was saying. He then introduced himself as Austin. Aurelia chuckled softly as she saw how nervous he was. She also thought of how weird he was. Usually guys with such good looks would have more guts than this. He was then talking about how he looked up to this him as he had the status of an assistant. Aurelia rolled her eyes. Who would look up to this rude scrawny shrewd midget? She went back to her sketchings.

A girl with brown hair rushed into the class. She looked familiar. She walked right to the front of the class and stared at the creature. She seemed to be in awe. The Aurelia recognised her. It was her roommate Mekena!
"Psst, psst, Mekana!" She called out softly, trying not to draw to much attention.

Reducio
Also this class is outside not in a classroom. For those who didn't know 

Makena stood waiting for class and she couldn't help but overhear an argument between a girl and boy she didn't want to get involved as she didn't know what it was fully about or how it started she then looked over and saw a blond hair guy in front of a dark haired girl who looked familiar stood up suddenly and yelled at the other boy who looked like he was the assistant. But within seconds, the blond haired boy was apologising to the assistant for raising his voice, claiming he meant no harm. Makena was getting more and more curious.
"Psst, psst, Mekana!"

Makena slowly turned around it was her roommate she called out softly, probably trying not to draw to much attention. "Oh Hey sorry I didn't see you." Said Makena walking over to Aurelia. "Well that guy sounded quite rude." whispered Makena looking at the boy at the back of the class as he bit into an apple he pulled out from his sack. "At least you stood up to him some people like this class and all of the creatures in it sorry for eavesdropping I didn't mean to you guys were just stood close i couldn't help but overhear." Makena said while trying not to seem rude herself.  As Makena stood waiting for a reply she started looking at the creatures again and she wondered when the teacher would get here. 

Makena D

At least you stood up to him some people like this class and all of the creatures in it sorry for eavesdropping I didn't mean to you guys were just stood close i couldn't help but overhear
"It's alright, we were raising our voices a little to high." She replied.

"It's impossible to overhear," she laughed. She pointed to one of the creatures in front.

"That one looks pretty so I drew a picture of it." She held up her sketch book, displaying it for Mekena to see.

"It's not quite done yet..." she she took the quill and continued sketching fine lines onto the paper.

It's been more than ten minutes and the professor still hasn't showed up. The rest of the class was starting to become restless. Aurwlia had never been to a class where a professor was late. Maybe the professor dragging along a huge creature that's why he was so late, or maybe he was just taking his own sweet time. She then remembered the rude boy at the back. He was he assistant and he should know where the professor was. She turned around. He still had the apple in his hand.
"Hey, Kaegen, where is the professor anyways?" She asked.

Btw, could somebody play professor?

"It's alright, we were raising our voices a little to high."
"It's impossible to overhear,"
Replied Aurelia as she laughed 

"That one looks pretty so I drew a picture of it." 
She held up her sketch book, displaying it for Mekena to see. "Wow your drawings are amazing I actually enjoy drawing as well I just haven't found the time." Said Makena smiling since she now had something in common with Aurelia and her drawings were amazing.

"It's not quite done yet..."
Said Aurelia as she she took the quill and continued sketching fine lines onto the paper. Makena was really impressed by her drawings. "Well even though it isn't finished it looks great." Smiled Makena

It's been more than ten minutes and the professor still hasn't showed up. The rest of the class was starting to become restless. "I wonder where the professor is its been ages and here I was running into class thinking I would be late." Aurelia then turned around to the assistant boy who still had the apple in his hand. 

"Hey, Kaegen, where is the professor anyways?" She asked.
Makena thought to herself "oh so Kaegen is his name well its better than referring to him as the assistant."

Makena D

Reducio
I'm pretty sure the nametags are on the inside so the laundry crew knows who they belong to. I don't remember name tags in harry potter

"Why would the professor show up?"
Kaegen's whispery voice sounded exactly the same, even though he was chewing an apple.
"There isn't a single third year in this class, who would professor lear even teach?"
People had been voicing their opinions on this matter for quite some time, that one boy started really loud and fast and ended slow and quiet, it was pretty strange. But he really didn't even stand a chance of understanding any of them. If this nonsense kept up for much longer he might just go to the stables. There were a few wandering hippogriffs in front of the class, probably as curious as Kaegen was to try and figure out the madness of some of these students. But they probably wouldn't let anyone touch them. People were being chaotic, no animal liked that. Besides, none of these students were stupid enough to go up and touch a hippogriff in these conditions without a professor here. Kaegen had plenty of experience with dangerous creatures, and even he wasn't that stupid.
And why on earth was everyone wondering where the professor was? Did they actually expect him to show? These people never ceased to be confusing.

Crystal was starting to get agitated, no one was saying hi to her. But she as used to this. She saw someone who looked fimilliar but she couldn’t put her finger on it, on who the person was.
Noticing that there where a couple of wandering hippogirffs at the front of the room Crystal smiled and walked up to one, even if there wasn’t a professor she was pretty good with any animal but the labeled XXXXXXX, other than that she could handle a Hippogriff, even a upset and raging one.
Crystal looked over at them and walked over slowly to them.
She then stopped and bowed.
‘First thing you ah e to know about the Hippogriffs they are proud creatures, so you have to show them respect, by bowing.’
When she bowed the Hippogirff showed no sign of bowing.
‘Ok, so when they don’t bow I have to back away slowly, I think let’s hope I’m doing this right.’
Backing away slowly she started to walk back until she saw the Hippogriff bow at her, letting her know that she could approach.
Slowly she looked at the Hippogriff and started moving twoard the proud beast, touching its beak lightly and letting him smell her.
Once he smelt her she started to let the animal and complement it, probably giving it a bigger ego than it should have.
“Hello mister, your such a magnificent creature, and your feathers are just wonderful.”
Crystal smiled and continued to pet the animal she wa hoping no one would interfere with this bonding process.
She liked no that’s an understatement, she lived magical creatures and wanted to learn more about them.
‘Hippogriffs are beautiful animals, and honestly they keep me company and help bring a smile to my face when I feel down.’
Crystal smiled.
“Your amazing, I really like you mister Hippogriff.”

Crystal Marie Van De Lis Willows

Oh, for the love of planning, what was that girl doing?
Kaegen moved as fast as he could, grabbing her by the back of the shirt and tried to throw her behind him. He had just been thinking about how he wished this stupid thing wouldn't happen. This exact, stupid thing. They were eleven, he was eleven. All he was good at doing was hiding and humming, he had grown up around creatures, it didn't matter if this girl had spent every waking second of every waking day messing with hippogriffs, she was still only eleven. Just like everyone else here. He really did not want to lose his place as assistant, he got to clean out the stables and hum to the hippogriffs, that was enough. If professor Lear heard about this girl touching one without him being here, what would he think of Kaegen? He gave a small shout, that sounded like a twig snapping. Hoping, praying that the hippogriffs would get the hint. They looked at him for a moment, indignant of this boy but not really mad. They walked slowly away from the class, their amusement, or interest spoiled. Kaegen's eyes were flashing around, looking at all the students, the ground, the hippogriffs, moving as fast as he could make them to try and absorb everything. Why him? He didn't sign up for students waiting for a nonexistent class and a girl that was trying to get her hand nipped by a hippogriff.

Crystal felt a tug on her shirt, and suddenly she was pulled back by an eleven year old boy, throwing himself in front of her.
‘For the love of I don’t need saving!’
“Um, excuse me, you don’t have to do this. Well come to think of it can you not?! I was bonding with the Hippogriff I spend everyday with dragons and I know how to handle a Hippogriff! I would like to go back to petting the Hippogriff please!”
Crystal didn’t like it when someone tried to be the hero, and she didn’t like being so called “saved.”
She could save herself she didn’t need anyone to save her. She was just bonding with a Hippogriff and then this boy pulled her away from the beast and now it looked like the Hippogriff was confused, then it looked bored it started backing away from the class. Crystal huffed and turned the boy around.
“Who do you think you are?! I was having a jolly good time with the Hippogriff but of course you had to play hero and almost throw yourself in front of me! I grew up with dragons and I got scars and burns to show it! A Hippogriffs scratch won’t kill me and plus the Hippogriff was giving me playful nips! What is wrong with you?! Aren’t you supposed to be the assistant not the hero of the Care of magical creatures!!!”
Crystal looked at this boy and glared at him.

Crystal Marie Van De Lis Willows

Aurelia was bored. She was almost done with the sketch. When was the professor arriving, students in the class were already starting to move around restlessly. She sighed and leaned her head against her hand.

She watched as a girl went up to stroke one of the hippogriffins, it nibble her finger friendly. Kaegen jolted up and strutted to the girl, taking huge steps as he walked. He yanked her back so hard that she almost fell. Kaegen lead her out of the classroom. Aurelia heard shouting. She knew Kaegen had screwed up again.

Aurelia was too bored. She needed to stand and move around. She stared blackly at her paper coated with pencil lines. She needed to find more creatures to sketch. Cool wind blew from the windows. She suddenly had an impulsive urge to explore the forest outside.

She tapped on Makena's shoulder, "Mekana, I don't think the professor is coming anytime soon. I'm going out for a walk in the forest, you can follow if you wish." She said. Austin looked bored too.

"You can come along too, Austin." She said.

She stood up, hung her sack around her shoulder and walked towards the door. She didn't care if Mekana or Austin was following her, she needed to get some air.

She passed Kaegen and the girl outside. The girl was shouting furiously at him. "Hey, Kaegen, I'll be out wandering in the forest if the professor asks." Said Aurelia.

She knew she might get lost or even attacked by a creature, she was sure Kaegen would follow as he wouldn't allow anyone to get hurt. She knew Kaegen knew the woods well. She just hope he'd tag along.. He might show her nice places to sketch.

These kids were the stupidest, most irresponsible idiots ever to set foot in all of hogwarts. That brainless girl was yelling something about her feeling that she was able to handle hippogriffs when they were on their guard. Something about when she was even smaller than she was now, she tagged along with her father as he played with dragons. She even pointed out her obvious lack of miracle working by saying she had scars and burns from those encounters. Well, at least he had saved the hippogriffs. They were pretty much gone by now. He prayed that for once in her life she would listen to the rules. How did she expect him to believe that she was decent at creatures? With magical creatures, they all had rules, and you have to follow them. If she couldn't just leave them alone when the professor wasn't here, then she really, really should not be allowed near any of them.
Kaegen was stressing out, his eyes flashing quickly from object to object. He hated helping with stuff like this. From his short time in hogwarts, the boy had already decided that helping meant bad news. This stupid position was supposed to let him clean the stables and hum to some hippogriffs. That was all he wanted, why was that so hard? And now the girl was going to go into the forest. What was with these people? She was loud, obnoxious, he could hear her footsteps. He could hear her breathing for that matter! If anything wanted to eat a 11 year old mcnugget it could. Kaegen toyed with the idea of trying to stop her, or going with her and protecting her, but he quickly realized the ugly truth. He wasn't any stronger than her. He didn't know better spells, his only edge was a slingshot and some knives. He survived the forest by being a ridiculously quiet, smooth little kid. If something actually found them, what could he even do? None of them had spells that could do anything about it.
He went over the list of events he would report to lear.
-girl tried to get eaten by hippogriff, apparently used to let dragons chew on her
-saved the hippogriff, and the girl
-other girl decided to head for the forest.
Unless, unless he could divert them away from the forest in the first place. They were probably looking for a cool place to sit down and do nothing. That's what they were doing in the classroom, anyway. If that was true, then he did have a place. They might like it. Kaegen calmed down, just a little, thinking of the spot. He had a couple in the forest, but there was no way he would lead these people to that place. His whispery voice somehow caught up to the girl that was leaving, easy to hear.
"I have somewhere else, fun but a bit safer."
Oh, please. Please. Please please let them not be stupid, choose the better option. He wasn't made for playing babysitter, and had discovered he hated it.

Back