Care of Magical Creatures

Register
Sign in
  Back

Care of Magical Creatures  Closed 

Lucas gave a small laugh at what the brown haired girl said. Everyone seemed so nice and friendly here, not at all what he was expecting. It was starting to make Lucas feel more comfortable in this unknown place that the people around him were quite welcoming and kind. The girl had a point, the girl called Emma was pretty good at drawing, making him wish that he had a talent like that. Nothing really sprung to mind when he thought about his talents.

Another girl asked him a question, making him jump slightly. "Erm... judging by what the book says, I think it's a flobberworm," he explained. "Though, don't take my word for it. I could be wrong," he quickly added, doubting himself. He wasn't too sure in his answer but it seemed correct based on the illustration in the book.

As more and more students started to enter and take their seats, Lucas noticed a boy sit even further back than he did. He presumed that meant that the kid either didn't want to be there or that he was too shy to interact with people, much like himself. Either way, Lucas gave him a small, friendly smile, trying to make a friend of his own accord, rather than letting people approach him first.

As he walked in the classroom Jake could see the creatures the wings the strength he was determined to ride one or to study them and make them stronger and faster. As he walked into the barn he could see other people trying to tame them and trying to see what they could do. He adjusted his glasses and went to one he had learned that they like their head rubbed at a angle so there muscles relax and they get comfortable and liking you. As he went to touch one the beast pulled back but then I started whistling and it soothed into a calming halt and relaxed. I touched it at the right spot and it sat down and I could suddenly Jake could feel it relaxing and making it's way to a more soothing posture to greet me and thank me. As I suspected the creature was very delicate and not really able to fly at the moment because of the lack of energy I'm taking away from the rub or for the creature it was a message.  To be friends and to gain a helping hand as so this happened he saw others having a little trouble but he didn't really care.

~Jake Grimstone STATS-
STA:7,AGI:5,STE:2,CON:4,ARCP:7,ACC:6

Layla stared at the girl (Kendra) and then laughed, "Can you imagine drawing a unicorn flobberworm hybrid? now that would probably be perfect for Emma to try out her skills on!" Layla shook her head, and then smiling at the girl introduced herself, "My names Layla! It's nice to meet you" She grinned and then looked down at her drawing, quickly scribbling in some gray pencil to make it look as if she had colored it, She stood up and looked around the classroom, "Its actually getting pretty crowded in here now... I wonder when the professor is going to give us our next assignment..." I looked down at the white-haired boy and saw he was smiling at a newer guy in the back. *oh no... here comes one of your very bad ideas....*  I braced myself, for once I got an idea in my head I couldn't stop myself from going through with it, which had to lead me, many times, to get into some embarrassing moments.  I Grinned like a Cheshire cat. Then grabbing the boys hand I pulled him towards the new guy in the back, "Hi!  Its nice to meet you! My names Layla and this guy is... " I paused waiting for him to introduce himself *Not at all because I either forgot his name or never learned it in the first place...*

Reducio
( Hope you dont mind Layla grabbing onto your hand and pulling you over there, I can change it)

Layla Droop, aka Jade.

Lucas was startled as Layla grabbed his hand, pulling him from his desk to follow her. He nearly tripped on the leg of the table, only just regaining his balance. What was she doing? Hardly a conversation had passed between the two of them and now she had him by the hand. He was guided to the boy he smiled at, stopping in front of him.

"Lucas..." he said, still slightly confused at the situation. He allowed his hand to writhe free from her grasp; it was making him uncomfortable. Lucas had no idea why she was doing it but now he felt like he had to talk to the guy. "Erm... It's nice to meet you too."

Looking around, not making eye contact for longer than a few seconds, his desk chair looked more and more inviting. He didn't know the guy and he did not know what to say. He just stood there, looking awkward. "So..." his gaze passed between the two of them. "You two are both new here too?" He closed his eyes and sighed. Of course they were new. They were first years like him. "...I mean, is this your first time in this class," Lucas asked, trying to make himself look less stupid. Now he really regretted opening his mouth.

Reducio
(Gonna wait for the 2 turns till I continue)

Layla Droop, aka Jade.

Anna walked fast to her next class, Care of Magical Creatures. Her father used to tell her stories of the ugly yet fascinating creatures he used to learn about in school and now it was her turn to learn about them. She arrived pretty early and looked around for any signs of creatures. She always love animals, especially dogs. Back in Dundee, she would sneak into her neighbors yard and play with their dog. 
When she bought “fantastic beasts and where to find them” she couldn’t put the book down. 

It was a chilly, bright morning and Anna wasn’t able to sleep well. She was nervous, like most of the first years. She decided to pass the time by exploring around to try and find the beasts they would be studying this morning. She didn’t know if she would get in trouble and the professor didn’t seem to be anywhere in sight so she just decided one little peek wouldn’t hurt.... could it?

Just in case she looked all around to see if anyone was watching her. I’m just exploring she thought. It’s no big deal. She was still nervous, however, for she did not want to get in trouble like the goodie goodie she is. 

~You have Witchcraft in your lips~

Finishing up with potions class, Harley began to walk towards his room. It took him awhile to reach the room as the stairs continuously change. Once there he began to change his books for his next lesson, as he pulled out the sheet saying which classes he had today.

First class- Defence against the dark arts
Second class- Potions
Third class- Care of magical creatures

He grabbed the 'fantastic beasts and where to find them' book and headed towards the outside area, heading down the stairs to the front gate. It was a fresh day to be sure and many people were doing activities with each other, walking past many people who talked about there life and other things. Seeing many people who had been to the Hufflepuff camp out, he gave them a wave as he continued to his class.

Harley walked out towards the grass area, where he saw a familiar face from camp. As she walked away from the area seemingly to explore, Harley wanting to also see where she was going but watching her as well followed. He saw her and continued to walk and then 'Crack!!' he stepped on a stick, he hid behind a tree scared she would tell him off. 

H.J

Eri walked to class slowly taking in everything. She was amazed at how beautiful the grounds were. Everything was different to her home. All the trees were beautiful. I have never seen so many trees!, she thought. Her pace slowed down as she looked at the lake and all the plants. Forgetting where she needed to be she took her time. Then realizing what she had forgotten she hurriedly stopped wondering.  She picked up the pace not wanting to be late. Her brown hair gleamed in the sunlight as she walked to the one of her classes. She sat down in her seat and began to read her book on magical creatures. Her black feather quill and ink pot sat in front of her next to some parchment. She wanted to be ready to take lots of notes. This was not one of her favorite classes but it provided knowledge all the same. Putting her book down after reading on the flobberworm she started to sketch some notes. Sighing, she thought this would be a boring class. Maybe later I should go to the library, she thought. She tapped her foot on the ground impatiently waiting for the lesson to start.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Cordelia arrives too the class in a hurry and out of breath not wanting to be late to her first class.
Curse her habit of oversleeping and indulging herself with magical food!!!
But seriously they had pancakes with strawberry topping.

As she regains her breath she tries to tidy up her belongings. She doubts that she would have the coin to replace them.The books were especially expensive...or at leas in her opinion
She makes sure her wand is still where she left it: after all it would be a shame if she happened to have lost it.In truth, she can hardly contain her excitement! Creatures that may have only existed in her imagination may take center stage...or classroom today.Perhaps she would meet a Dragon or a Chimera!!
She’s not entirely picky on which she would have the pleasure of meeting.

She can't stop the smile that was forming on her face to which showed off her dimples.
What else would she be able to meet? Will she meet them today or her next class?
Would they be able to keep them as pets or companions of sorts?
She starts to vanish into her imagination...
Reducio
meow :3
Edit: fixed the word count
Last edited by Cordelia Lloyd on 3rd May 2018, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meow ;3

Jane rushed to class. She did not want to be late for class, but as she hurried she bumped into a random student, dropping her books and falling onto the student. "Oh! Uh- uh.... Sorry! Sorry, sorry! Oops.... Um... I'm not usually clumsy, uh.... Oh right." She grabbed her books and wa, and then got up. She cursed to herself, my first day and this is already happening to me?! "Sorry-" she said once more. She walked away hoping that the student would not go after her, Jane did not want to make any enemies on her first day. Jane took out her 'Fantastic bests and where to find them' book, and opened it to the lesson page. She stood there alone waiting for the teacher to come, everyone was talking and some where doodling. Jane felt much better at Hogwarts than her stupid mansion. Then she noticed it. What of people recognize her? Probably not. Her mother was just famous english singer. Well known by muggles and wizards.... Maybe their parents would would recognize her but definitely not the students. Jane tapped her foot humming one of the songs her mother used to sing to her before- well, before she died... Jane pulled up her sleeve just to check if her bruises and scars where gone. Nope. Jane started to feel depressed after thinking from much about her family. She turned around trying to make sure the student she bumped into was not looking for her. Its not a crime, right? Oh shoot. The student was heading towards her...

"I'm so bored!"
-Jane

Jane Dandrige wrote:
12<sup>th</sup> March 2018, 10:07 pm
Jane rushed to class. She did not want to be late for class, but as she hurried she bumped into a random student, dropping her books and falling onto the student. "Oh! Uh- uh.... Sorry! Sorry, sorry! Oops.... Um... I'm not usually clumsy, uh.... Oh right." She grabbed her books and wa, and then got up. She cursed to herself, my first day and this is already happening to me?! "Sorry-" she said once more. She walked away hoping that the student would not go after her, Jane did not want to make any enemies on her first day. Jane took out her 'Fantastic bests and where to find them' book, and opened it to the lesson page. She stood there alone waiting for the teacher to come, everyone was talking and some where doodling. Jane felt much better at Hogwarts than her stupid mansion. Then she noticed it. What of people recognize her? Probably not. Her mother was just famous english singer. Well known by muggles and wizards.... Maybe their parents would would recognize her but definitely not the students. Jane tapped her foot humming one of the songs her mother used to sing to her before- well, before she died... Jane pulled up her sleeve just to check if her bruises and scars where gone. Nope. Jane started to feel depressed after thinking from much about her family. She turned around trying to make sure the student she bumped into was not looking for her. Its not a crime, right? Oh shoot. The student was heading towards her...
Thaaaat was kinda weird...
"Excuse me but...are you okay? You seem kinda stressed..."
That was an understatement
Cordelia takes in her appearance she wonders if having white hair is natural for wizards to have or just as rare for others.She seems overly conscious of her arms...she would ask but she feels this is one of the questions that you only ask in your head.

Cordelia sits beside the girl.
Worst comes to worst she can just move, right? Plus it isn’t a crime to be friendly...she hopes anyway
Last edited by Cordelia Lloyd on 3rd May 2018, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meow ;3

Jane looked next to her. A girl sat down next to her .  All Jane wanted to do is keep a low profile and now this happened to her?! "Um... Hi. I-i am not stressed at all. Heh-heh.... Um... I'm Jane Dan-" Jane cut herself off right there. What if the girl recognized her last name? It was not worth it. She did a fake smell at the girl. "I'm tottaly fine! I have no problems in my life. I have everything I want!" She said in a sick-ish sweet tone. Jane awkwardly flipped the pages, Jane crossed her fingers and hoped the girl would leave.  Jane was dying in the spot. "So uh- you are in Ravenclaw?" Jane asked looking at her tie. Duh. What am I even asking this?  Jane rarely acted like this around other girls. She would normally just keep quiet, but this was different. She looked at the girls hair, it had acute bow on it, and her hair was a pretty colour. The heck? What am I even thinking? Snap out of it! Jane felt miserable by now. She was talking to herself in her mind... Jane  turned her head back to the book, her face turning slightly red of embarrassment. 

"I'm so bored!"
-Jane

Jane Dandrige wrote:
12<sup>th</sup> March 2018, 10:59 pm
Jane looked next to her. A girl sat down next to her .  All Jane wanted to do is keep a low profile and now this happened to her?! "Um... Hi. I-i am not stressed at all. Heh-heh.... Um... I'm Jane Dan-" Jane cut herself off right there. What if the girl recognized her last name? It was not worth it. She did a fake smell at the girl. "I'm tottaly fine! I have no problems in my life. I have everything I want!" She said in a sick-ish sweet tone. Jane awkwardly flipped the pages, Jane crossed her fingers and hoped the girl would leave.  Jane was dying in the spot. "So uh- you are in Ravenclaw?" Jane asked looking at her tie. Duh. What am I even asking this?  Jane rarely acted like this around other girls. She would normally just keep quiet, but this was different. She looked at the girls hair, it had acute bow on it, and her hair was a pretty colour. The heck? What am I even thinking? Snap out of it! Jane felt miserable by now. She was talking to herself in her mind... Jane  turned her head back to the book, her face turning slightly red of embarrassment. 
She kinda seems like she's lying, but pushing her for the truth probably wouldn't make her feel any better.
"Am I that obvious? but um...My name is Cordelia Lloyd", She holds out her hand,"Uh...wizards still do handshakes right? Still going through a bit of a culture shock."
She offers a smile to cover her embarrassment of still being so naive to the wizarding world.

Meow ;3

Cordelia Llyoid:
She kinda seems like she's lying, but pushing her for the truth probably wouldn't make her feel any better.
"Am I that obvious? but um...My name is Cordelia Lloyd", She holds out her hand,"Uh...wizards still do handshakes right? Still going through a bit of a culture shock."
She offers a smile to cover her embarrassment of still being so naive to the wizarding world.
A handshake? Here I come to Hogwarts, thinking the Ravenclaw are the smart ones and a HANDSHAKE? A handshake. It sounded so dumb... "Are you a mudblood? I would not be surprised. And yes wizards and witches still do handshakes. But at this moment- like what the heck? Well, Griffindors seem to be smarter than  you and your house." Jane was now even more confident. This girl was weird to her. It would make sence if the other girl uh... Corn was it? Right that was her name right? Well anyways it would only make secure to Jane if she was a mudblood since she said 'culture shock'. Jane shook her head, she picked up her book and moved to a different place. She did not want to get influenced by such dumb people. Jane tripped on her robe. Again. "$---!" Jane accidentally cursed out loud, her books fell out of her bag again. Oh no....

"I'm so bored!"
-Jane

quote="Jane Dandrige" post_id=12331 time=1520908437 user_id=1336]
Cordelia Llyoid:
A handshake? Here I come to Hogwarts, thinking the Ravenclaw are the smart ones and a HANDSHAKE? A handshake. It sounded so dumb... "Are you a mudblood? I would not be surprised. And yes wizards and witches still do handshakes. But at this moment- like what the heck? Well, Griffindors seem to be smarter than  you and your house." Jane was now even more confident. This girl was weird to her. It would make sence if the other girl uh... Corn was it? Right that was her name right? Well anyways it would only make secure to Jane if she was a mudblood since she said 'culture shock'. Jane shook her head, she picked up her book and moved to a different place. She did not want to get influenced by such dumb people. Jane tripped on her robe. Again. "$---!" Jane accidentally cursed out loud, her books fell out of her bag again. Oh no....
[/quote]
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mudblood...? Well that's a new word...Or maybe an insult? I guess I should stop saying that I am a Muggleborn...? Cordelia sighs internelly as she gets up from her seat to pick up Jane's books.
Why must socializing be so hard?
"I prefer new too dumb..." or naive...but at less she didn't say indignant. I hate when people say that.
She stacks them so that the smallest are on the top,and holds her hand out to Jane in offer of help.
But even so that's not going to stop me from trying to be friendly,and trying to put my best foot forward...even if it hurts too do so.
Cordelia grins again at Jane but the smile dosen't reach her eyes...
Even if my blood is full of mud
my heart shall stay on my sleeve
With a smile on my face and honey on my tounge
I will keep it that way even if it turns out i'm the crazy one.

Hmm...I should write that down somewhere...I hope she's not upset...or mad at me...
I've blundered enough today...and she looked upset enough.
Plus I don't want to cause a scene that would cause me or her some embarassment.
Reducio
meow ;3

Meow ;3
  Back