Care of Magical Creatures

Register
Sign in
  Back

Care of Magical Creatures  Free 

Jane Dandrige wrote:
12<sup>th</sup> March 2018, 10:07 pm
Jane rushed to class. She did not want to be late for class, but as she hurried she bumped into a random student, dropping her books and falling onto the student. "Oh! Uh- uh.... Sorry! Sorry, sorry! Oops.... Um... I'm not usually clumsy, uh.... Oh right." She grabbed her books and wa, and then got up. She cursed to herself, my first day and this is already happening to me?! "Sorry-" she said once more. She walked away hoping that the student would not go after her, Jane did not want to make any enemies on her first day. Jane took out her 'Fantastic bests and where to find them' book, and opened it to the lesson page. She stood there alone waiting for the teacher to come, everyone was talking and some where doodling. Jane felt much better at Hogwarts than her stupid mansion. Then she noticed it. What of people recognize her? Probably not. Her mother was just famous english singer. Well known by muggles and wizards.... Maybe their parents would would recognize her but definitely not the students. Jane tapped her foot humming one of the songs her mother used to sing to her before- well, before she died... Jane pulled up her sleeve just to check if her bruises and scars where gone. Nope. Jane started to feel depressed after thinking from much about her family. She turned around trying to make sure the student she bumped into was not looking for her. Its not a crime, right? Oh shoot. The student was heading towards her...
Thaaaat was kinda weird...
"Excuse me but...are you okay? You seem kinda stressed..."
That was an understatement
Cordelia takes in her appearance she wonders if having white hair is natural for wizards to have or just as rare for others.She seems overly conscious of her arms...she would ask but she feels this is one of the questions that you only ask in your head.

Cordelia sits beside the girl.
Worst comes to worst she can just move, right? Plus it isn’t a crime to be friendly...she hopes anyway
Last edited by Cordelia Lloyd on 3rd May 2018, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meow ;3

Jane looked next to her. A girl sat down next to her .  All Jane wanted to do is keep a low profile and now this happened to her?! "Um... Hi. I-i am not stressed at all. Heh-heh.... Um... I'm Jane Dan-" Jane cut herself off right there. What if the girl recognized her last name? It was not worth it. She did a fake smell at the girl. "I'm tottaly fine! I have no problems in my life. I have everything I want!" She said in a sick-ish sweet tone. Jane awkwardly flipped the pages, Jane crossed her fingers and hoped the girl would leave.  Jane was dying in the spot. "So uh- you are in Ravenclaw?" Jane asked looking at her tie. Duh. What am I even asking this?  Jane rarely acted like this around other girls. She would normally just keep quiet, but this was different. She looked at the girls hair, it had acute bow on it, and her hair was a pretty colour. The heck? What am I even thinking? Snap out of it! Jane felt miserable by now. She was talking to herself in her mind... Jane  turned her head back to the book, her face turning slightly red of embarrassment. 

"I'm so bored!"
-Jane

Jane Dandrige wrote:
12<sup>th</sup> March 2018, 10:59 pm
Jane looked next to her. A girl sat down next to her .  All Jane wanted to do is keep a low profile and now this happened to her?! "Um... Hi. I-i am not stressed at all. Heh-heh.... Um... I'm Jane Dan-" Jane cut herself off right there. What if the girl recognized her last name? It was not worth it. She did a fake smell at the girl. "I'm tottaly fine! I have no problems in my life. I have everything I want!" She said in a sick-ish sweet tone. Jane awkwardly flipped the pages, Jane crossed her fingers and hoped the girl would leave.  Jane was dying in the spot. "So uh- you are in Ravenclaw?" Jane asked looking at her tie. Duh. What am I even asking this?  Jane rarely acted like this around other girls. She would normally just keep quiet, but this was different. She looked at the girls hair, it had acute bow on it, and her hair was a pretty colour. The heck? What am I even thinking? Snap out of it! Jane felt miserable by now. She was talking to herself in her mind... Jane  turned her head back to the book, her face turning slightly red of embarrassment. 
She kinda seems like she's lying, but pushing her for the truth probably wouldn't make her feel any better.
"Am I that obvious? but um...My name is Cordelia Lloyd", She holds out her hand,"Uh...wizards still do handshakes right? Still going through a bit of a culture shock."
She offers a smile to cover her embarrassment of still being so naive to the wizarding world.

Meow ;3

Cordelia Llyoid:
She kinda seems like she's lying, but pushing her for the truth probably wouldn't make her feel any better.
"Am I that obvious? but um...My name is Cordelia Lloyd", She holds out her hand,"Uh...wizards still do handshakes right? Still going through a bit of a culture shock."
She offers a smile to cover her embarrassment of still being so naive to the wizarding world.
A handshake? Here I come to Hogwarts, thinking the Ravenclaw are the smart ones and a HANDSHAKE? A handshake. It sounded so dumb... "Are you a mudblood? I would not be surprised. And yes wizards and witches still do handshakes. But at this moment- like what the heck? Well, Griffindors seem to be smarter than  you and your house." Jane was now even more confident. This girl was weird to her. It would make sence if the other girl uh... Corn was it? Right that was her name right? Well anyways it would only make secure to Jane if she was a mudblood since she said 'culture shock'. Jane shook her head, she picked up her book and moved to a different place. She did not want to get influenced by such dumb people. Jane tripped on her robe. Again. "$---!" Jane accidentally cursed out loud, her books fell out of her bag again. Oh no....

"I'm so bored!"
-Jane

quote="Jane Dandrige" post_id=12331 time=1520908437 user_id=1336]
Cordelia Llyoid:
A handshake? Here I come to Hogwarts, thinking the Ravenclaw are the smart ones and a HANDSHAKE? A handshake. It sounded so dumb... "Are you a mudblood? I would not be surprised. And yes wizards and witches still do handshakes. But at this moment- like what the heck? Well, Griffindors seem to be smarter than  you and your house." Jane was now even more confident. This girl was weird to her. It would make sence if the other girl uh... Corn was it? Right that was her name right? Well anyways it would only make secure to Jane if she was a mudblood since she said 'culture shock'. Jane shook her head, she picked up her book and moved to a different place. She did not want to get influenced by such dumb people. Jane tripped on her robe. Again. "$---!" Jane accidentally cursed out loud, her books fell out of her bag again. Oh no....
[/quote]
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mudblood...? Well that's a new word...Or maybe an insult? I guess I should stop saying that I am a Muggleborn...? Cordelia sighs internelly as she gets up from her seat to pick up Jane's books.
Why must socializing be so hard?
"I prefer new too dumb..." or naive...but at less she didn't say indignant. I hate when people say that.
She stacks them so that the smallest are on the top,and holds her hand out to Jane in offer of help.
But even so that's not going to stop me from trying to be friendly,and trying to put my best foot forward...even if it hurts too do so.
Cordelia grins again at Jane but the smile dosen't reach her eyes...
Even if my blood is full of mud
my heart shall stay on my sleeve
With a smile on my face and honey on my tounge
I will keep it that way even if it turns out i'm the crazy one.

Hmm...I should write that down somewhere...I hope she's not upset...or mad at me...
I've blundered enough today...and she looked upset enough.
Plus I don't want to cause a scene that would cause me or her some embarassment.
Reducio
meow ;3

Meow ;3

Crystal took a right at the corner like she said and looked around for the class that one of her Professors told her that she had to go to.
Starting to panic and only minutes before she was late Crystal found the right class. Rushing in she quickly closed the door and talked over to her seat and sat next to a girl about her age with her head down on the desk. Crystal got more than she needed out of her bag, a quill, parchment paper, Fantasic Beast And Where to Find them, and and ink plus and extra quill.
After she was done she looked up at the board and started to break into a smile.
Crystal loved care of magical creatures, and always wanted to learn more about them, and specifically, Dragons and Basilisk. Those magical and dangerous creatures that can turn anyone into a bite sized snack are the kinds of animals she liked. Waiting for class to start Crystal looked over at her new desk-mate and thought for a moment. ‘Time to make another friend!’
Crystal tapped the girls shoulder.
“Hello, I’m Crystal but you can call me Crys... what’s your name?” Crystal asked with a warm smile on her face.
Crystal had a nice and almost professional Apperence, wereing her emerald green and black robes, with a white shirt and skirt and nice dress shoes, her hair was tied back into a bun with a couple of strands of hair hanging down, and a “fake lotus,” in her hair with Dimoand heart shaped earrings.

Crystal Marie Van De Lis Willows

Why is this school so huge? Amadea thought to herself as she hurried outside to her next class, Care of Magical Creatures. The grounds were huge and beautiful, open wide and stretching as far as the eye could see. It was nothing like the crowded London streets Amadea was used to. But, she supposed, this whole experience was nothing she was used to either. She saw a group of students huddled in a group and slowly made her way toward the rest of the people. When she arrived at the edge of the cluster, she looked around at the other students. She didn't recognize anyone from any of her other classes, but she hadn't met anyone worthy of retaining knowledge about anyway yet.

Amadea was quite curious about this class. She held a fondness for animals in her heart, but she had never been exposed to magical creatures before. From what she had read in her quick skimming of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, she thought that the magical creatures were very majestic, if not slightly terrifying. Instead of trying to make conversation before class started, Amadea pulled the book out of her bag, cracked the spine and began reading. Maybe this would give her a head start on the assignment, she thought. If nothing less, it gave her an excuse not to make a disastrous attempt at meeting new people.

A human. Being.
Strength: 4 | Agility: 10 | Control: 12 | Stamina: 9

As he had read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in the past, Evan was 100% sure he was prepared for this lesson, and oh boy, he was wrong. It hurt him that he wouldn't see any of the good stuff this lesson, and when he sat down, an annoyed sigh found its way out of his mouth, going around him slightly, but blowing out just as fast. His hours of reading would be wasted, and it could only be revived if they did something more fun by the next few lessons. Evan soon realized that he was in fact giving himself self pity. That's never good. He quickly got out what he'd need for today's lesson without complaining and began to write on his parchment with his quill, without using his brain to direct his hand movement, oops.

When he realized that he had created a mess, he gulped, thinking of several ways to fix it without having to gain the attention of his professor. He honestly had no idea, and didn't want to go up to them complaining that he had ruined his parchment. He could have easily confused the subject with any other as he frantically began to mend his errors, and when he did, a proud smile appeared, vanishing as soon as he realized. He didn't want anyone to notice, that could cause an embarrassing moment, they were NEVER fun, and never would be.

EvanPark

Crystal sighed and looked over at a boy about her age sitting alone. Looking around she quietly got up from her seat and sat next to him.
She put a strand of hair behind her ear and got out a new piece of parchment paper and handed it to the boy.
“Extra parchment if you need it,”Crystal slid the paper over to his side of the table (or desk.)
Crystal then turned away to focuse on her drawing in her journal.
Everywhere she went she would always carry her journal on magical beast.
This time she was drawing a Basalisk, her favorite and most deadly magical creature out there.
Carefully she dipped the quill in ink and applied a line to the parchment, she continued this process until she got the shape she needed, then she went in and made the details of the scales, and the eyes. Quickly she finished the drawing and started to take notes on the Basalisk, like what it does, how to get it, the classification, everything about it. Magical creatures fascinated Crystal. And once she got out of school she will be part of the Department of Control and Regulation of magical creatures .
Crystal then looked over at the boy.
“Hello...”
Crystal said quietly it was very unusual for her to talk to soft and be so shy.
Crystal looked almost like a business woman, with her hair tied back into a tight bun and a couple of strands of hair framing her face. She was wearing her slytherin robes, with diamond heart shaped earrings and a fake lotus, in her hair where the tie kept the hair in a bun.

Crystal Marie Van De Lis Willows

She squealed excitedly for her first lesson. Ever since she'd read Newt's book, she had always fancied magical animals, she hoped one day to even meet him. She had a wonderful fancy over him, how perfect he was, how smart he was, and how perfectly handsome he was.

She couldn't wait for class to start. Her recent fancy is the Fawkes, a pet who rebirths itself from it's own ashes! It can literally never die unless it's ashes went missing, which is why they are a good pet to keep, they can live a long while.

She also thought of Newt's little plant pet. She giggled when she heard of him because she wanted one named Groot. Or that bird that looked like a lily pad, or that giant bird that can afflict lightning. Those pets were loyal, and that was all she every dreamed of having.

She had no pets now, but she wanted to get a rare, fantastical beast as her pet. One who wanted to be hers also, who was loyal to her and loved her as a companion should. Since she never had a pet as a younger girl, she was determined to get one now.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

Austin takes a deep breath, as he held the door knob.
'Crap. Am I late?' He thinks to himself.

Austin Finally pulls down the doorknob and saw around 10 people around the room, staring at him.
"Hi?.." Austin says to technically everyone inside the room.

Austin was holding his 'Fantastic Beasts' book on his hand.
It may not seem like it, but Austin was very excited to meet new people and study about magical creatures! It's his dream, after all.

Too bad Austin was being all awkward.

Austin walks to one of the empty desks, next to Verla Harness, whom in that time, he still didn't know.
"Hi, how was your day?" Austin asks the girl, she had a long braid behind her back. Austin liked braids, it reminded him of his mom who often wore long braids back then. Sadly, that seemed to change. His mom just started wearing normal hair styles, which was to him, was boring. 

Austin was smiling to the girl, it was a charming smile, a smile that's hard to resist. "You know, my day's been working out pretty fine lately, except for the fact that I think I'm late," Austin adds. "Wait, am I late?" Austin asks the girl.

"I'm Austin, by the way, Austin Finch. I'm really sorry I didn't introduce myself to you earlier." Austin held out his hands, about to shake hands with the girl.

Reducio
{Sorry, I don't know if you're sitting down or anything.}
Last edited by Austin Finch on 9th April 2018, 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

~A. Finch~

Verla smiled and shook hands with Austin. "I'm Verla" she said softly, almost in a whisper, but still loud enough to hear. She saw the book in his hand, and she smiled. Her face began to blush and she covered her cheeks come on Verla, stop doing that every time you meet a boy. Verla remembered his question "my day is fine as well, and you're not late, I don't think at least" she replied sweetly.

Her bowtruckle, Ollie, poked his head out and looked at Austin. Then he gave him an evil death stare. "Ollie be nice" she said to him. "Don't mind Oliver, he doesn't like strangers, although he better get used to it" she said in Ollie's direction. She took a cookie out of her pouch and ate one, then offered a different one to Austin, who was now sitting next to her.

"Pleased to meet you also" she said, kind of hoping she wasn't late in saying it. She sat there with her book open, and began taking notes in a different book for the class. She wrote with neat hand writing. And she used her words delicately. She wrote almost like an artist, or a violinist, moving her wrist up and down as she wrote, making her look a bit silly.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.

The young assistant for the Care of Magical creatures had started to use the always empty classroom as a sort of house for himself. He had been careful not to mess anything up, but still no one ever came in here. Professor Lear probably did, although Kaegen wouldn't be able to vouch for that. Hogwarts was too new, there wheren't any third years yet. No one who could take this class, even if they wanted to. He himself wasn't sure why Professor Lear and said "yeah, sure whatever" when the boy had asked for permission to be his assistant. He was only 11. But maybe the professor had just been having a really good day, he did smile that creepy, bone chilling smile right after sorta agreeing.
So imagine his surprise when he walked into the room, and saw a group of students sitting on the desks with their books open. Was today april fools? Had two years gone by in a matter of minutes? What year was it now? Just as he was about to further pursue his theories about how time sped past him, he realized his mistake. They just didn't know.
His whispery, faraway voice carried surprisingly well over the classroom, his movements bizarrely fluid.
"You can't take this class until you're a third year. What are you even doing here?"

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Verla cleared her voice to speak, but nothing came out besides a slight squeak. Then she gathered her nerve and said "I just love beasts so much, I wanted to take notes."

Who was this guy any way? And why was he so rude? Clearly the kids knew they didn't need to be there if they didn't want to. Verla definitely wanted to be there, and she was staying until she had gotten what she wanted. Or at least her inner girl would do. Her outer girl would shy her way out of the room, but she was determined to stay. Who does this guy think he is? She knew that he himself wasn't a third year. Ugh! She wanted to shout at him, ask what his deal was. Then someone whispered he was the assistant. I would hate to have that job Verla said to herself. She felt really uncomfortable now, but still, he should just tell them that they needed to be older to take the class. But I'm not taking the class, I'm just participating in the information. She thought. Then Oliver came out, walked up in front of him, and gave him an angry face with his hands on his waist. She face palmed herself. "Oh Oliver" she said quietly.

This was odd, what was she even going to take notes of?
Kaegen's eyes darted like lightning back to the doorway. If he could escape, head back to the stables, he could just eat his lunch there. It's not like he understood people all that much anyway. His eyes flashed down quickly at the bowtruckle, then back to the door. Poor thing had a human tree. He wondered where she was getting woodlice or fairy eggs. It's not like they grew on trees. He wondered if there were any fairies living in the forbidden forest, then halted that train of thought. It was alright, it was none of his business. Once before he had made the mistake of meddling, it wasn't going to happen again. His eyes darted to his stash of food, in a corner of the classroom. How hungry was he anyway? He could probably just wait until they finished taking notes of whatever they were taking notes of.
They probably just figured that this place was a great spot to study. That made sense, it was a bit annoying that they had found out that this place wasn't being used too much. But he couldn't complain. They had as much a right to hang about in this room as he did. Besides, it had fresh air, and a nice view of the lake.

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo
  Back