Care of Magical Creatures

Register
Sign in
  Back

Care of Magical Creatures  Free 

Emma sat in excitement, waiting for the lesson to start. She had gotten there almost embarrassingly early in anticipation of the class she knew would be her favorite. She had, on her desk,  her copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, a small black inkpot with engravings she had carved herself, and her favorite white owl feather quill. She was currently sketching the flobberworm that was sitting in a cage on her teacher's desk, who was munching lettuce and not doing much of anything. Well, obviously, they had to start with a class X, which is the least harmful type of animal. Then, we can work all the way up to hippogriffs, but only after the teacher knows we're competent enough to handle boring creatures like a flobberworm. The flobberworm continued to be gross and slimy (and kind of cool) all at the same time, and Emma happily drew in her leather sketchbook with a beautiful dragon on the front cover. She was calm and serene until - CREEEEAK! - the classroom door opened again, startling Emma and making her look towards the door. A student stood there, book in hand. "Hi!" Emma chirped, then turned her attention back to the slimy flobberworm without another word. 
Last edited by Bloom Silverton on 25th February 2018, 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added [Free] tag onto title.

~~ I'm not a nerd, I'm just smarter than you. ~~

Alice walked quickly to her next class, Care of Magical Creatures. She was most anticipating it, and had already studied most magical creatures. She was a little disappointed that the class would be inside, and not out in the field, but she supposed that it made sense to start easy. She looked up, thinking that she found the right class, and opened the door. It made an awful creaking sound, and she winced and stood looking around awkwardly until seeing a familiar face. 
"Emma!" she said happily, moving to sit by her. "I didn't know you had Care of Magical Creatures this period too" she said, slightly relieved that there was someone else she knew. She noticed Emmas sketchbook drawings and inspected it, and then the Flobberworm on the desk, carefully. It looked almost identical. 
"Say, that'd really good!" she said, motioning to the drawing. "Not that I, er, was looking over your shoulder or anything. I mean, that, like, I wasn't trying to spy..." she trailed off awkwardly, wondering why she was stumbling over her words so much. She looked away, a light blush creeping up her cheeks, and she brushed her hair out of her face, only for it to fall back down. 

James, who over the summer had read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them over the summer god knows how many times, walked into the classroom eager and excited to learn more about the mystical and magical creatures. He approached the door that he assumed filtered into the classroom, and pushed it without holding the doorknob like he usually did. This made it so he accidently opened the door a bit too loudly, causing a loud sound to come from the door. "Sorry!" James said, hoping he didn't disturb anyone already attending the class. However, to his amazement, there was only two people present. A girl that was drawing the creatures in a sketchbook of hers, and another girl that  was in conversation with the other person. He approached a desk and sat down at it, placing a brown, cloth bag onto the floor of the classroom. Out of his bag, he pulled his copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, as well as a notebook and quill. 

James tapped  on his desk, waiting patiently for the professor to arrive. The classroom was filled with empty seats, and their was no one besides him and another student. A few minutes passed by, and James decided it'd be best to take notes instead of sitting around in the classroom, where nothing would get done on its own. He dipped the feather quill into the inkpot, and tried to not get a stain on his paper by carefully moving his quill in a way that ensured no splotches would taint the paper.

On the professor's desk, James saw a worm-like creature inside of a cage. He noticed and identified it almost immediately, and assumed they were doing something with flobberworms. He took a few notes about the behaviors of the slimy creature, trying to figure out how it behaves and other things he might need to know. He dipped his quill into the inkpot once more, carefully watching the actions of the flobberworm. He had several notes jotted down, but he started to lose patience at the lack of the professor's appearance. He turned to one of the only other people within the classroom, and asked,  "Do you know when the professor will be here?"

~James Louis Henderson~

Kendra entered the classroom managing to open the door just so she could squeeze herself through, no more no less. She looked around at the people who were already there as she walked towards the professor's desk. 

"Hey Alice!" she spotted the redhead Ravenclaw and felt a little better actually knowing someone that was in the room.

She carefully approached the cage on the teacher's desk curious to take a closer look at the flobberworm. To her disappointment the flobberworm was even more repulsing up close. She winced in disgust and took some steps back. 

"Ew... where are the unicorns already?" she complained while taking a seat close to her classmates. 

She took out some parchment,  a quill and a bottle of ink. Sketching the flobberworm would be a challenge for her. After a while she realised she was making it look far more attractive to the eye than it really was. Her sketch looked more like some kind of exotic caterpillar. "That will have to do." she whispered to herself and took a look around to see what everyone else was up to. 

She had strongly believed this would be her favourite class. Now she was afraid that as first years the ywould go no further from flobberworms and flesh eating slugs.

Kendra

Alice turned to the boy that just came in, nodding politely at him in way of greeting. She sat quietly after talking with Emma for a moment, trying to sketch the Flobberworm herself and identify it's different parts. Unfortunately for her there didn't really seem to be that many parts, save "body" and "mouth". Just as she was beginning to tire of the Flobberworm the boy spoke. 
"I don't know when they'll be here. We are quite a bit early." She said politely, looking him over. She thought she might have seen him in the Ravenclaw common room before, but couldn't be sure. She was about to ask when another student entered, loudly calling her name. 
"Kendra! We're in the same class, cool!" she said, smiling wide at her friend. She laughed at the face of disgust she made at the Flobberworm before sitting next to her. 
"I don't know, but the Flobberworm is kind of cute, in a way. Look at it, all pink like that" she laughed again as Kendra gave a look of disbelief. 
"Besides, if we're together this class is bound to be fun." Alice smiled again and looked next to her, noticing Emma and the boy again. I guess I should introduce her and Emma, and probably include the boy too she thought, turning back to Kendra. "By the way, this is Emma, shes in Ravenclaw with me. Emma this is Kendra. And what's your name?" she said politely to the boy on the other side of the classroom. 

Kendra was really excited that Alice decided to sit next to her. She smiled brightly at the Ravenclaw and admired her postive spirit and the fact she could see anything remotely cute even in such a disgusting creature as the flobberworm. She found it hard to share her thoughts and didn't try to hide her true feelings but remained positive herself as this class ought to get better and better as the year went by. She grinned as Alice introduced her to the rest of their classmates. 

"It is nice to meet you." she said looking at Emma. 

She then glanced over to the other Ravenclaw boy. So many Ravenclaws in one place... Kendra was aware of the reputation that surrounded them and she felt she should try her best in order to keep up with their wits. She didn't feel intimidated, simply the fact that she was never much of a quick learner made her feel a little out of place. She looked at Emma's sketch noticing how flawless it looked. 

"That looks identical, you are really talented, I can't wait to see other sketches of more... pleasant looking creatures. " she said with a smile. 

Kendra

"Hi Alice!" Emma greeted her friend. A new student came in who Alice knew. Her name was Kendra. It's nice to meet you, Kendra!" Emma smiled. Both Alice and Kendra had complimented her drawing, making Emma blush in embarrassment. "It's really not that amazing. Flobberworms aren't too hard to draw." Emma pointed at the body parts of the slimy creature in front of her. "I mean, there's a body, and a mouth." Emma laughed and looked around the room. "Wow, I didn't expect everyone to be so early!" Just then, a girl (who later introduced herself as Layla) ran into the room. She walked over to the Flobberwom cage and was obviously excited about what she saw. She sat there for a long time, staring at the slimy worm and squealing. "Sure are excited about the Flobberworm, huh?" Emma said, making the girl blush. "He is pretty cool. He's not quite as interesting as a unicorn, but he's a pretty good animal for a first lesson. He can't spit fire or anything though." Emma found this last fact slightly disappointing, but she was also glad because she was not at her most focused right now. She hardly got any sleep the night before, so handling a fire-breathing animal would probably not be a good idea. "You guys excited for our first lesson?" She asked. " Because I know I am!"

~~ I'm not a nerd, I'm just smarter than you. ~~

Kendra watched as more students entered. She smiled at them but didn't get a chance to properly introduce herself as they were growing to be too many and each one's attention was constantly drawn by different things. She listened to their conversation though, as they were sitting on the seats right in front of her and Alice.

"Well, I mean...you don't HAVE to sketch it, it sort of became a competition as Emma is obviously really good at it." Kendra teased as a reply to the boy's query.

She was joking, even though deep inside her Slytherin spirit did generally make her feel rather competitive Always keeping friendly terms though, unlike many of her housemates. Not everyone can be great at everything, and that is perfectly normal and can be amusing at times. 

"It's such a weird looking creature anyways, whatever you draw could never look weirder than reality." she said smiling. "I'm just joking around though, the professor will indeed ask us to sketch it, that's why I can't wait for the unicorns!" she said with excitement. 

She had woken up feeling very energetic and positive today. This mood had sort of developed after spending some weeks in Hogwarts and came in contrast with her previous neutrality and indifference.  

Kendra

Kyden he got to Care of Magical Creatures and stayed toward the back. He was really nervous for this class some of the creatures really freaked him out. He hopped they didn't start with anything really to creepy at first. He wished he had a choice in taking this class. He looked around and watched all the other kids excitedly talking waiting to see what would happen. He shrunk back even more sensing something that he wasn't going to like was going to happen. He watched as the professor came forward with some really strange looking creatures. Kyden didn't know the name of them, didn't know what they did, or ate. Really he didn't know anything about them and he really didn't care to know. He frowned watching some of the other kids get really excited about this. Really, your excited over these stupid creatures when you can be doing important things like learning spells and how to defend against the dark arts. Things that would be useful in our future lives. How in the world can caring for some ugly useless creatures ever help us. This class is stupid and completely usesless." He thought. He stayed in the back hoping that he could just skate through this class.

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //

As he walked in the classroom Jake could see the creatures the wings the strength he was determined to ride one or to study them and make them stronger and faster. As he walked into the barn he could see other people trying to tame them and trying to see what they could do. He adjusted his glasses and went to one he had learned that they like their head rubbed at a angle so there muscles relax and they get comfortable and liking you. As he went to touch one the beast pulled back but then I started whistling and it soothed into a calming halt and relaxed. I touched it at the right spot and it sat down and I could suddenly Jake could feel it relaxing and making it's way to a more soothing posture to greet me and thank me. As I suspected the creature was very delicate and not really able to fly at the moment because of the lack of energy I'm taking away from the rub or for the creature it was a message.  To be friends and to gain a helping hand as so this happened he saw others having a little trouble but he didn't really care.

~Jake Grimstone STATS-
STA:7,AGI:5,STE:2,CON:4,ARCP:7,ACC:6

Anna walked fast to her next class, Care of Magical Creatures. Her father used to tell her stories of the ugly yet fascinating creatures he used to learn about in school and now it was her turn to learn about them. She arrived pretty early and looked around for any signs of creatures. She always love animals, especially dogs. Back in Dundee, she would sneak into her neighbors yard and play with their dog. 
When she bought “fantastic beasts and where to find them” she couldn’t put the book down. 

It was a chilly, bright morning and Anna wasn’t able to sleep well. She was nervous, like most of the first years. She decided to pass the time by exploring around to try and find the beasts they would be studying this morning. She didn’t know if she would get in trouble and the professor didn’t seem to be anywhere in sight so she just decided one little peek wouldn’t hurt.... could it?

Just in case she looked all around to see if anyone was watching her. I’m just exploring she thought. It’s no big deal. She was still nervous, however, for she did not want to get in trouble like the goodie goodie she is. 

~You have Witchcraft in your lips~

Finishing up with potions class, Harley began to walk towards his room. It took him awhile to reach the room as the stairs continuously change. Once there he began to change his books for his next lesson, as he pulled out the sheet saying which classes he had today.

First class- Defence against the dark arts
Second class- Potions
Third class- Care of magical creatures

He grabbed the 'fantastic beasts and where to find them' book and headed towards the outside area, heading down the stairs to the front gate. It was a fresh day to be sure and many people were doing activities with each other, walking past many people who talked about there life and other things. Seeing many people who had been to the Hufflepuff camp out, he gave them a wave as he continued to his class.

Harley walked out towards the grass area, where he saw a familiar face from camp. As she walked away from the area seemingly to explore, Harley wanting to also see where she was going but watching her as well followed. He saw her and continued to walk and then 'Crack!!' he stepped on a stick, he hid behind a tree scared she would tell him off. 

H.J

Eri walked to class slowly taking in everything. She was amazed at how beautiful the grounds were. Everything was different to her home. All the trees were beautiful. I have never seen so many trees!, she thought. Her pace slowed down as she looked at the lake and all the plants. Forgetting where she needed to be she took her time. Then realizing what she had forgotten she hurriedly stopped wondering.  She picked up the pace not wanting to be late. Her brown hair gleamed in the sunlight as she walked to the one of her classes. She sat down in her seat and began to read her book on magical creatures. Her black feather quill and ink pot sat in front of her next to some parchment. She wanted to be ready to take lots of notes. This was not one of her favorite classes but it provided knowledge all the same. Putting her book down after reading on the flobberworm she started to sketch some notes. Sighing, she thought this would be a boring class. Maybe later I should go to the library, she thought. She tapped her foot on the ground impatiently waiting for the lesson to start.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Cordelia arrives too the class in a hurry and out of breath not wanting to be late to her first class.
Curse her habit of oversleeping and indulging herself with magical food!!!
But seriously they had pancakes with strawberry topping.

As she regains her breath she tries to tidy up her belongings. She doubts that she would have the coin to replace them.The books were especially expensive...or at leas in her opinion
She makes sure her wand is still where she left it: after all it would be a shame if she happened to have lost it.In truth, she can hardly contain her excitement! Creatures that may have only existed in her imagination may take center stage...or classroom today.Perhaps she would meet a Dragon or a Chimera!!
She’s not entirely picky on which she would have the pleasure of meeting.

She can't stop the smile that was forming on her face to which showed off her dimples.
What else would she be able to meet? Will she meet them today or her next class?
Would they be able to keep them as pets or companions of sorts?
She starts to vanish into her imagination...
Reducio
meow :3
Edit: fixed the word count
Last edited by Cordelia Lloyd on 3rd May 2018, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meow ;3

Jane rushed to class. She did not want to be late for class, but as she hurried she bumped into a random student, dropping her books and falling onto the student. "Oh! Uh- uh.... Sorry! Sorry, sorry! Oops.... Um... I'm not usually clumsy, uh.... Oh right." She grabbed her books and wa, and then got up. She cursed to herself, my first day and this is already happening to me?! "Sorry-" she said once more. She walked away hoping that the student would not go after her, Jane did not want to make any enemies on her first day. Jane took out her 'Fantastic bests and where to find them' book, and opened it to the lesson page. She stood there alone waiting for the teacher to come, everyone was talking and some where doodling. Jane felt much better at Hogwarts than her stupid mansion. Then she noticed it. What of people recognize her? Probably not. Her mother was just famous english singer. Well known by muggles and wizards.... Maybe their parents would would recognize her but definitely not the students. Jane tapped her foot humming one of the songs her mother used to sing to her before- well, before she died... Jane pulled up her sleeve just to check if her bruises and scars where gone. Nope. Jane started to feel depressed after thinking from much about her family. She turned around trying to make sure the student she bumped into was not looking for her. Its not a crime, right? Oh shoot. The student was heading towards her...

"I'm so bored!"
-Jane
  Back