Care of Magical Creatures

Register
Sign in
  Back

Care of Magical Creatures  Closed 

Emma sat in excitement, waiting for the lesson to start. She had gotten there almost embarrassingly early in anticipation of the class she knew would be her favorite. She had, on her desk,  her copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, a small black inkpot with engravings she had carved herself, and her favorite white owl feather quill. She was currently sketching the flobberworm that was sitting in a cage on her teacher's desk, who was munching lettuce and not doing much of anything. Well, obviously, they had to start with a class X, which is the least harmful type of animal. Then, we can work all the way up to hippogriffs, but only after the teacher knows we're competent enough to handle boring creatures like a flobberworm. The flobberworm continued to be gross and slimy (and kind of cool) all at the same time, and Emma happily drew in her leather sketchbook with a beautiful dragon on the front cover. She was calm and serene until - CREEEEAK! - the classroom door opened again, startling Emma and making her look towards the door. A student stood there, book in hand. "Hi!" Emma chirped, then turned her attention back to the slimy flobberworm without another word. 
Last edited by Bloom Silverton on 25th February 2018, 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

~~ I'm not a nerd, I'm just smarter than you. ~~

Alice walked quickly to her next class, Care of Magical Creatures. She was most anticipating it, and had already studied most magical creatures. She was a little disappointed that the class would be inside, and not out in the field, but she supposed that it made sense to start easy. She looked up, thinking that she found the right class, and opened the door. It made an awful creaking sound, and she winced and stood looking around awkwardly until seeing a familiar face. 
"Emma!" she said happily, moving to sit by her. "I didn't know you had Care of Magical Creatures this period too" she said, slightly relieved that there was someone else she knew. She noticed Emmas sketchbook drawings and inspected it, and then the Flobberworm on the desk, carefully. It looked almost identical. 
"Say, that'd really good!" she said, motioning to the drawing. "Not that I, er, was looking over your shoulder or anything. I mean, that, like, I wasn't trying to spy..." she trailed off awkwardly, wondering why she was stumbling over her words so much. She looked away, a light blush creeping up her cheeks, and she brushed her hair out of her face, only for it to fall back down. 

James, who over the summer had read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them over the summer god knows how many times, walked into the classroom eager and excited to learn more about the mystical and magical creatures. He approached the door that he assumed filtered into the classroom, and pushed it without holding the doorknob like he usually did. This made it so he accidently opened the door a bit too loudly, causing a loud sound to come from the door. "Sorry!" James said, hoping he didn't disturb anyone already attending the class. However, to his amazement, there was only two people present. A girl that was drawing the creatures in a sketchbook of hers, and another girl that  was in conversation with the other person. He approached a desk and sat down at it, placing a brown, cloth bag onto the floor of the classroom. Out of his bag, he pulled his copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, as well as a notebook and quill. 

James tapped  on his desk, waiting patiently for the professor to arrive. The classroom was filled with empty seats, and their was no one besides him and another student. A few minutes passed by, and James decided it'd be best to take notes instead of sitting around in the classroom, where nothing would get done on its own. He dipped the feather quill into the inkpot, and tried to not get a stain on his paper by carefully moving his quill in a way that ensured no splotches would taint the paper.

On the professor's desk, James saw a worm-like creature inside of a cage. He noticed and identified it almost immediately, and assumed they were doing something with flobberworms. He took a few notes about the behaviors of the slimy creature, trying to figure out how it behaves and other things he might need to know. He dipped his quill into the inkpot once more, carefully watching the actions of the flobberworm. He had several notes jotted down, but he started to lose patience at the lack of the professor's appearance. He turned to one of the only other people within the classroom, and asked,  "Do you know when the professor will be here?"

~James Louis Henderson~

Reducio
I'm coming soon! Sorry to post nothing right now, My place is covered in snow, just wanted to let you all know in advance I'm joining in!

Layla Droop, aka Jade.

Kendra entered the classroom managing to open the door just so she could squeeze herself through, no more no less. She looked around at the people who were already there as she walked towards the professor's desk. 

"Hey Alice!" she spotted the redhead Ravenclaw and felt a little better actually knowing someone that was in the room.

She carefully approached the cage on the teacher's desk curious to take a closer look at the flobberworm. To her disappointment the flobberworm was even more repulsing up close. She winced in disgust and took some steps back. 

"Ew... where are the unicorns already?" she complained while taking a seat close to her classmates. 

She took out some parchment,  a quill and a bottle of ink. Sketching the flobberworm would be a challenge for her. After a while she realised she was making it look far more attractive to the eye than it really was. Her sketch looked more like some kind of exotic caterpillar. "That will have to do." she whispered to herself and took a look around to see what everyone else was up to. 

She had strongly believed this would be her favourite class. Now she was afraid that as first years the ywould go no further from flobberworms and flesh eating slugs.

Kendra

Alice turned to the boy that just came in, nodding politely at him in way of greeting. She sat quietly after talking with Emma for a moment, trying to sketch the Flobberworm herself and identify it's different parts. Unfortunately for her there didn't really seem to be that many parts, save "body" and "mouth". Just as she was beginning to tire of the Flobberworm the boy spoke. 
"I don't know when they'll be here. We are quite a bit early." She said politely, looking him over. She thought she might have seen him in the Ravenclaw common room before, but couldn't be sure. She was about to ask when another student entered, loudly calling her name. 
"Kendra! We're in the same class, cool!" she said, smiling wide at her friend. She laughed at the face of disgust she made at the Flobberworm before sitting next to her. 
"I don't know, but the Flobberworm is kind of cute, in a way. Look at it, all pink like that" she laughed again as Kendra gave a look of disbelief. 
"Besides, if we're together this class is bound to be fun." Alice smiled again and looked next to her, noticing Emma and the boy again. I guess I should introduce her and Emma, and probably include the boy too she thought, turning back to Kendra. "By the way, this is Emma, shes in Ravenclaw with me. Emma this is Kendra. And what's your name?" she said politely to the boy on the other side of the classroom. 

Kendra was really excited that Alice decided to sit next to her. She smiled brightly at the Ravenclaw and admired her postive spirit and the fact she could see anything remotely cute even in such a disgusting creature as the flobberworm. She found it hard to share her thoughts and didn't try to hide her true feelings but remained positive herself as this class ought to get better and better as the year went by. She grinned as Alice introduced her to the rest of their classmates. 

"It is nice to meet you." she said looking at Emma. 

She then glanced over to the other Ravenclaw boy. So many Ravenclaws in one place... Kendra was aware of the reputation that surrounded them and she felt she should try her best in order to keep up with their wits. She didn't feel intimidated, simply the fact that she was never much of a quick learner made her feel a little out of place. She looked at Emma's sketch noticing how flawless it looked. 

"That looks identical, you are really talented, I can't wait to see other sketches of more... pleasant looking creatures. " she said with a smile. 

Kendra

Layla was practically out of breath by the time she got to the entrance of her next class, She had been running all the way from Transfiguration class and was so excited to be out!
She smoothed down her unruly hair and standing still for a moment to catch her breath, pushed open the door with one hand while holding her books and quills in the other.

I looked around the room with wide eyes, taking in all the sights and creatures, I saw several students were already in the room, but no professor, " Oh sweet! Guess that means I'm not late!" I thought to myself while smiling happily. I walked up to the front of the room to look inside a cage. I saw a big slimly looking something in the cage. I stood still and stared for a couple minutes before squealing in uncontrolled delight. * it's A NEW CREATURE! Something nobody in the world outside of wizardry has ever seen before! this is amazing!* Definitely not for the first time, I felt overjoyed that I had been born into the wizarding world and could see all these new things, and study them even! * Heck, this is CARE of magical creatures! that means that I might even GET a magical creature in the future! How awesome is that?!*  I then remembered that I was in a classroom and tried to get my facial expressions back down to only slightly excited, then walked to a desk that had one other person sitting at it, "Um... hi everyone! My names Layla!" *just keep your cool, everything's cool, I'm sure everyone squealed about the worm thingie just like me!*

Reducio
Blue -Talking
Purple-Thinking
Black-Environment
Yellow-Secondary Enviroment

Layla Droop, aka Jade.

"Hi Alice!" Emma greeted her friend. A new student came in who Alice knew. Her name was Kendra. It's nice to meet you, Kendra!" Emma smiled. Both Alice and Kendra had complimented her drawing, making Emma blush in embarrassment. "It's really not that amazing. Flobberworms aren't too hard to draw." Emma pointed at the body parts of the slimy creature in front of her. "I mean, there's a body, and a mouth." Emma laughed and looked around the room. "Wow, I didn't expect everyone to be so early!" Just then, a girl (who later introduced herself as Layla) ran into the room. She walked over to the Flobberwom cage and was obviously excited about what she saw. She sat there for a long time, staring at the slimy worm and squealing. "Sure are excited about the Flobberworm, huh?" Emma said, making the girl blush. "He is pretty cool. He's not quite as interesting as a unicorn, but he's a pretty good animal for a first lesson. He can't spit fire or anything though." Emma found this last fact slightly disappointing, but she was also glad because she was not at her most focused right now. She hardly got any sleep the night before, so handling a fire-breathing animal would probably not be a good idea. "You guys excited for our first lesson?" She asked. " Because I know I am!"

~~ I'm not a nerd, I'm just smarter than you. ~~

Lucas hoped that he wasn't late for his first lesson. He wasn't entirely sure what he would need for care of magical creatures so he just brought everything; well, except for a few books that were obviously not related to the subject. Starting to open the door, he stopped as soon as the loud creaking started. He didn't want to draw attention to himself, standing in front of the slightly ajar door for longer than most people would.

It was stupid, he had to go in. Convincing himself, his hand slowly opened the door just enough for himself to slip in, the loud noise echoing around the classroom. He decided that closing the door would only make more noise so he left it open. The professor needed to enter anyway.

Looking around, he knew no one. There was one girl that he thought he had seen in the common room but had never spoken to her. "Wow, what is that?" he said to no one in particular as he walked over to the caged animal. To Lucas, it looked like a living croissant made out of jelly, though he didn't say that out loud; it would make him look stupid. 

Over the summer, he had had a quick flick through Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, though it seemed as though he didn't retain as much information as he would have liked. He wanted to do well in this class, it was the one he was most excited about, as well as learning spells.

Noticing he was at the front of the class, he found a desk to sit at, getting out a quill, the book on magical creatures and something to write on before tucking his bag under the desk. He waited silently, looking at the people around him before realising that quills needed ink, retrieving it from the bag under the desk.

Layla blushed as a girl (who she later found out was called Emma) Totally spotted her excitement. Then frowned in slight disappointment for a few seconds at the thought of not being possibly burned or bitten to death. *Who wouldn't want that?* she thought to herself not at all sarcastically, *At least you know your not the only one crazy for this class though.* Her thoughts went back to her past and how her parents had Installed love for everything and curiosity into her life, and the people who hadn't liked or accepted her for that. *all in the past, Now I'm here! and I think I already got a friend!* She looked up as she heard the door creak open, A boy with white hair entered the room, almost obviously trying not to make a sound he walked to the flobberworm. Layla came back to earth from her thoughts and smiled at the girl, " Heh, I can't wait until I get to see a griffin or possibly a dragon! At least the flobberworm looks quite interesting though". Layla then smiled at the boy who was trying to get ink into his quill, "Hi! My names Layla! " she said happily and then pulled out a book and her own quill to try and take a sketch, "AH, I can only sketch plants, not animals! why does this thing move around so much!" She was practically glaring at the worm in her concentration. It was barely moving at all.

Layla Droop, aka Jade.

It took Lucas a second to realise that the girl was talking to him. Looking up, he raised his eyebrows. "Oh, Lucas. It's nice to meet you," he greeted. He was certain that he had seen this girl before but she probably hadn't noticed him. Looking at the sketch she started, Lucas looked back at his empty page. He was rubbish at drawing. Stickmen were probably the limit to his art capabilities. "I can tell you that your drawings will be a lot better than whatever I do."

"Are we supposed to sketch it? I mean, the professor isn't even here yet..." his voice trailed off as he thought that maybe he might have missed something. Lucas often started a sentence without finishing, a feeling of uncertainty or embarrassment overwhelming him. Layla seemed like a nice person, though, so he wasn't feeling too bad. As a person who tended to take a backseat in conversation, he had grown to be quite a good judge of character... usually.

Deciding to avoid disgracing the creature by trying to draw it, Lucas thought it would be best to read the book on magical creatures to get a bit more of an understanding. He was already at a disadvantage since he was completely new to the whole wizard thing. Any way of catching up, he was willing to take it.

Kendra watched as more students entered. She smiled at them but didn't get a chance to properly introduce herself as they were growing to be too many and each one's attention was constantly drawn by different things. She listened to their conversation though, as they were sitting on the seats right in front of her and Alice.

"Well, I mean...you don't HAVE to sketch it, it sort of became a competition as Emma is obviously really good at it." Kendra teased as a reply to the boy's query.

She was joking, even though deep inside her Slytherin spirit did generally make her feel rather competitive Always keeping friendly terms though, unlike many of her housemates. Not everyone can be great at everything, and that is perfectly normal and can be amusing at times. 

"It's such a weird looking creature anyways, whatever you draw could never look weirder than reality." she said smiling. "I'm just joking around though, the professor will indeed ask us to sketch it, that's why I can't wait for the unicorns!" she said with excitement. 

She had woken up feeling very energetic and positive today. This mood had sort of developed after spending some weeks in Hogwarts and came in contrast with her previous neutrality and indifference.  

Kendra

May was pretty interested and exited for her new classes that should start right now. She slowly take here staff and run around Hogwart looking for place where this class will starts. It take here a little time but finally she find this nice and sunny place when she will learn about magic beast and creature that life in this word. She think that this class will be nice and interesting not like this classes when you just sit and listen to the teacher. More and more funny was experience everything. Look, listen, touch or maybe even take care of this nice creature. This will be for sure more fun. So little May go for this class with big smile. First what she saw what other kids. Sos he slowly approach them and say hello to them listen about what they talking. It seems that teacher wasnt here now sos he sit down on the ground and pull out her book, notebook and pencil. Then she mo e little closer to the boy who draw something on piece of paper. She look closer what he creat but this drawing don't look like any beast or creature that she know.

„What is name of this creatue..”-she ask                                                                           

Polish girl :D

Kyden he got to Care of Magical Creatures and stayed toward the back. He was really nervous for this class some of the creatures really freaked him out. He hopped they didn't start with anything really to creepy at first. He wished he had a choice in taking this class. He looked around and watched all the other kids excitedly talking waiting to see what would happen. He shrunk back even more sensing something that he wasn't going to like was going to happen. He watched as the professor came forward with some really strange looking creatures. Kyden didn't know the name of them, didn't know what they did, or ate. Really he didn't know anything about them and he really didn't care to know. He frowned watching some of the other kids get really excited about this. Really, your excited over these stupid creatures when you can be doing important things like learning spells and how to defend against the dark arts. Things that would be useful in our future lives. How in the world can caring for some ugly useless creatures ever help us. This class is stupid and completely usesless." He thought. He stayed in the back hoping that he could just skate through this class.

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //
  Back