Care of Magical Creatures

Register
Sign in
  Back

Adventures 101  PV Kaegen, Makena & Aurelia 

Makena walked into the woods unsure is Aurelia was following as Makena entered the woods she heard a few sticks snap which made her spin around to look "H-Hello?" she said before then quickly taking out her wand. Makena wasn't scared of the woods that much but when she realised she was alone she started to worry Aurelia could be hurt or lost so could the boy she could also be lost... It was dark in the woods Makena couldn't see much she could hear faint noises coming from where she had just been she wondered if it was Aurelia or just another creature it was too far to tell. Makena then remembered a spell she had learned in charms it was 'Lumos' the wand lighting charm this would hep her see a lot more ... "LUMOS" she said as a bright white light started to glow at the end of her wand. Makena was wondering around for a bit but she was scared and she didn't want to be alone in the woods so she decided to walk back the way she can and hopefully she would run into either the boy or Aurelia. 

Makena was walking for a bit when she came to a part in the woods that looked familiar at least she though it did maybe it didn't, all of the endless trees and turns of the woods was starting to annoy Makena she just wanted to get out. "Aurelia... Aurelia are you here" she called out hoping Aurelia would hear and not some other dangerous creature. 

Makena D

Why didn't he stop her? Why would he stop her, she wanted to go into the forest, didn't she? Who was he to stop her from doing what she wanted to do? Responsibility was something given, not implied. There was no sense of duty towards the girl, and Kaegen didn't even really know what helping your fellow man was. It held no meaning to him, it was never taught or mentioned. Yes he knew of the dangers that lurked in the forest. But as long as she had the common sense to use lumos the gytrash would probably not eat her. On the other hand everything else would then be able to see her, so maybe it was smarter to not use Lumos. To be quiet and stealthy, kill the red cap and then get out. The boy's eyes darted about him fast as ever but they seemed confused, not all there. Searching for the answer that was right in front of him but he still couldn't comprehend. What did being selfish even really mean?
"Sure I know about them, she's going to die within the hour if she keeps going in, but I'm pretty sure she already knows that."
She must know that, why else would she go into the forest?

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Sure I know about them, she's going to die within the hour if she keeps going in, but I'm pretty sure she already knows that.
Aurelia groaned at his answer. She didn't think Makena knew about the dangers of the forest. She had nonchalantly entered the forest and didn't seem worried at all. She hope Makena heard her call out for her. It was the loudest she could manage. She didn't want Makena to die, especially not in these dark woods.

"We are going to find her. WE. You and I are going to find her, wether you like it or not." She said, grabbing his sleeve and pulling him along as she walked deeper into the forest. The boy didn't seem to care about anyone, maybe his family had taught him the wrong things, or maybe they didn't teach him at all. Aurelia decided that she should teach him some life skills that didn't include surviving.

"Makena went in to find you even though she should have known you were going to be fine alone. You see, most people, when in a group, would look out for one another and watch their backs. Unlike savages like you who abandons those that help you. That creature was about to attack you and I helped out of kindness." She told him as she took another step, she scanned around for any signs of the girl. It had been a couple of minutes since they left watered the woods.

The tip of her wand was then pointed up "Periculum," She incantated and a bright flash of red shot up towards the clouds. Makena would have definitely saw that.
Last edited by Aurelia Bezuidenhout on 5th May 2018, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Makena seemed to be walking around in circles but she was lucky she hadn't run into anything. Makena was looking around hoping to see something someway she hadn't gone when a red spark of light shot up in front of Makena she knew it had to be Aurelia now she just had to find a way to where it came from... A left, then a right, then forward, another left and on and on Makena was sick of not knowing where she was so she shot up a red flash hoping Aurelia was close. "Periculum" she said as a bright red spark shot up from her wand. Hopefully Aurelia would see so Makena could find er way out of the woods. Makena decided to wait where she was she didn't want to wander around unsure of where she was going so she stayed where she was. She was stood around when she  noticed  a tree beside her it looked fairly easy to climb and it would give her a better view of where she was but who knows what types of creatures could be up there after thinking for a few seconds Makena decided to climb the tree still holding on to her wand that was still lit hopefully this would help.

Makena D

The girl groaned at him, or at his answer. He wasn't entirely sure which one but it didn't really matter as he didn't know how to respond to a groan anyway.
"We are going to find her. WE. You and I are going to find her, wether you like it or not."
He didn't really mind either way. Although it would be nicer if he didn't have to go into the forest with the two of them, they were kind of loud, and he wasn't exactly the best fighter. But the preference was minimal. If she really wanted him to go, he would go willingly. The girl had grabbed his sleeve and started pulling. Instead of resisting or going along, he let himself be dragged, his feet and legs going limp as they were pulled across the ground. It felt nice in a way, felt good to be relieved of worry and just be dragged around. His eyes slowed down a bit, scanning the forest behind them. He could see a bit of movement to the side, a bit of movement above. There was something following them, out of malicious intent or curiosity he couldn't tell. More likely than not they would never see it. He noticed almost immediately that she was strong, surprisingly so. He was being dragged along like a light sack of potatoes. He wondered if potato sacks felt like this when they were dragged and decided that they probably didn't. They didn't feel anything, much less the relaxing sort of peace that came with being dragged by someone. Like they wanted him to be somewhere with them, and was taking him there.
"Makena went in to find you even though she should have known you were going to be fine alone. You see, most people, when in a group, would look out for one another and watch their backs. Unlike savages like you who abandons those that help you. That creature was about to attack you and I helped out of kindness."
"It wouldn't have touched me anyway, I thought you wanted to handle it."
Did people really do that? Wolf packs did that, he knew that much. Why did wolf packs hunt together? His grandfather had said that they did because it was in their nature, but Kaegen had other ideas. They hunted together because they could get more meat that way, they were stronger. If it no longer suited their ends they would leave without a second thought to their ex-packmates. People looked out for one another because they wanted friends and they wanted friends because the more people you had on your side the stronger you were, the more power you had.
"But I didn't want anything from you. Why would you help?"
Was being a savage a bad thing? If you looked at it in a certain light, it could be viewed as an insult but if you looked at it in another light, it could be seen as a compliment. He looked behind him at the girl dragging his limp form along, and decided that maybe she wasn't all too bad. All in all, she had proven to be capable of holding back a small creature with a spell he didn't know yet. She had carried around a snack that he found pretty good, and she tried to explain things to him. A very slight smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. It wasn't as much happy as it was content. Temporarily content with the way things were.

It wouldn't have touched me anyway, I thought you wanted to handle it.
She rolled her eyes. Was he so arrogant?

But with a slight wrong move and if his club of bones contacted your skin in the wrong circumstance, you possibly could have ended up with a broken bone.” she saw how large his weapon was. The creature must have been strong to even lift it. Even the rock she threw hard on it’s head didn’t kill it and the worst was that it came flying back at her. Kaegen even though swift, could have been injured if he was hit.

I didn’t think I could handle it. I’ve only tried the spell once, and it was a failed attempt and the spell countered instead, the hit almost dislocated my shoulder. The Proffesors in this school are crazy to teach eleven year olds a spell that could be fatal. When I told you to get out of the way, it was because I didn’t want to accidentally hit you instead of the hideous creature. To be honest, I didn’t think the spell was going to be a success, it was lucky it had.” She shrugged.
But I didn't want anything from you. Why would you help?
Kaegen asked. The boy most likely never experienced anyone helping him without him earning it. She pitied him. She had experiences in muggle school where no one gave her a hand when she was surrounded by bullies who hit her, pulled her hair, insulted her and there was many things she didn’t want to remember. It wasn’t that they didn’t want to help but because they were afraid they might become the victim as well. She acknowledged that. But for almost two years she didn’t have anyone attend to her. She didn’t want to worry her parents by telling her the problem she faced in the nasty school. She didn’t dared to stand up for herself even though she clearly knew what she was capable of as the bullies would surely inform the Teachers, which would inform her parents and they would be disappointed in her. She tried her best to conceal her sadness as all the memories flooded back. Her lips pursed into a straight line. Breathe. Was all she could think off. Her injured leg wasn’t helping at all, with every step she took, it screamed with pain for her to stop. She kept going, she needed to find Makena.

I did it because I wanted to.” Her answer was extremely vague and didn’t explain much.

Some thing bright shone at the corner of her eye, Aurelia lifted her head and she saw red flash of light peeking through the narrowing tops of the trees barely showing itself before disappearing. Where the light emitted from wasn’t to far away.
“Makena,” She said softly, barely a whisper.

We’ve got to get there fast.” She told Kaegen.

I’m sure you can walk by yourself. Don’t try to run away or I’ll track you down in the castle and add some red to your pretty face.” She threatened and her fingers lossen thier grip on his sleeve, she let them slip.

They had been walking for a couple of minutes now and should be near where the light was emmited from. She winced as her leg throbbed again, she needed a break from the torturous walking. She leaned against a rough thick trunk of a tall tree.

We’ll stop here for a minute. Makena should be somewhere close.

Her head tilted down and red caught her eye. She noticed the line of blood which had dribbled down her leg. Her palm rubbed upwards across the length of her leg, smearing the blood so the distinct color blended into her skin. It was dark and she was sure she looked like she was just brushing off a mosquito on her leg. She wiped her hand on her black robe.

She then caught sight of a light glimmering to the trees. “Makena are you there?” She asked loudly.

Makena had successfully climbed up the tree it didn't really help she could see Hogwarts in the distance and the tops of some other trees but not Aurelia or the boy Makena was about to climb back down when she heard footsteps approaching she held out her wand in front of her and went a bit further down too see what was approaching "nox" Makena said in a whisper trying not to draw attention to herself as the light emitting from her wand went out. 
“We’ll stop here for a minute. Makena should be somewhere close.”
It was Aurelia Makena smiled with happiness she was glad they found each other again, she started to climb down when she saw Aurelia wipe her leg and then she wiped her hand on the back of her robe was she hurt and if so why look for Makena and not sort her leg out?
“Makena are you there?”
"Yeah I'm coming down now." Makena shouted back down to them. Makena reached the ground and dusted her self off she had a few pieces of wood stuck to her robes. Makena then walked over to the boy stopped in front of him with an annoyed look on her face and then she hit him in the arm, hard. "I'm glad your okay but you shouldn't of left Aurelia she came back to help you and you just left it was the wrong thing to do you were kind of jerk." Makena huffed and walked back over to Aurelia, "Thanks for finding me, I'm sorry for causing so much hassle..." Makena then whispered to Aurelia "I know you are hurt let me help it could get infected sit down here." Makena pointed to a little tree stump next to them, "You shouldn't of came to find me knowing you were hurt but thank you." Makena smiled,
Last edited by Makena Degray on 6th May 2018, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makena D

"Then I wouldn't have made a wrong move."
It was just a red cap. Sure it presented the possibility of death, it was stronger and faster than he was. But everything presented to possibility of death, the red cap was normal. If he was too slow to dodge then it would have been his own fault for dying. It was his responsibility to survive.
"Well that was stupid of you."
Was the girl banking her survival purely on luck? Was she honestly expecting to get through life by hopping around from dice roll to dice roll waiting for the day she rolled a one? The young ravenclaw could hardly accept that, it was stupid. It went against nature and instinct and everything in between. It was horrifying that her life was so meaningless, but also a little bit inspiring. He would never be able to do that. For all the insane things he did, the stunts that seemed to invite death he had a way out. Somewhere deep in the back of his mind he tried hard and knew he could pull it off. If he didn't have that little feeling he would normally balk. Even jumping out of the tower he had a plan, and it had worked. He had survived, just like he knew he would. She hand't known if she could have pulled it off. Either she was over exaggerating and she did have the little feeling that she could make it, or this girl had the devil's own luck.
And to top it all off, apparently she liked beating up on red caps with spells she didn't know she could pull off for the fun of it. She started to become a bit more interesting. He wondered if that was what insanity looked like. She let him go to walk on his own, threatening to track him down and add red to his pretty face.
"You think my face is pretty?"
he followed behind the girl, wondering how she could possibly make that much noise. He smelled some blood on the air, a coppery scent and wondered if it was from that leg she was limping on. But if she was walking on it then it must not be too bad, right? A few minutes past before she called out to that other girl who climbed down from the tree and came over to him. Kaegen just looked at her, unsure why this girl was in a tree and equally unsure as to why she was coming towards him until she punched his arm hard.

He was being attacked.

Her words became a blur to him as he leaped backwards, his back against a tree. His robes flapped for a moment in the breeze his sudden motion created and then he was holding his weapon. It may have been a crutch to him, but for all he knew this girl also knew flippendo. If she did then he had to use as much force as possible. Slipping a stone into the pouch in a fluid motion, his eyes darted to the taller girl, the one that had dragged him. Who's side was she on? He moved farther back, the black from his robe and the grey of his scarf blending with the dark forest and the mists around the trees. He pulled back. He wasn't paying attention to words now, only to sounds. Blocking out anything that wasn't important. A crinkle from a leaf was important. What she had to say wasn't. His eyes focused on the sweet spot right between her eyes but then he stopped.
If he shot her, the other girl would come at him with all the force she could muster, and he had already seen how strong she was. He kept the slingshot trained on the girl that had attacked him, and waited. He would have to react, making the first move was stupid.

You think my face is pretty?
Her eyes rolled once again and a corner of her upper lip lifted in disgust.

“I was being sacarstic,” she said shaking her head.

A figure then climbed down a tree nearby. It responded, “Yeah I'm coming down now,” her lips spread a smile. It was Makena and she was safe without a scratch.

Well, I didn’t know you could climb trees.” Aurelia gaped. Makena then walked towards Kaegen for some reason. Maybe she was about to thank him for finding her. Her right hand then attended and punched him in the arm.

“Makena, stop it,” She warned, however the damage had already been done and Kaegen instinctively pulled out his slingshot with a rock aimed at her head.

Her eyes was wide with terror, now Makena was in danger. Everything that was happening now seemed to be in slow motion, as if time had slowed and she could hear her own heart beating in her chest. She couldn’t let this happen. Nobody else was getting hurt today. She then stood in between the two. The rock of the slingshot was now aimed at her chin. It would hurt a lot if Kaegen were to let the rock fly. If Aurelia lived, she would hunt him down and give him more than a punch in his nose. She would break his legs so he would never walk in the woods again or she might just dig her thumbs into his eyes so he would never be able to see again. She would only do that if he decided to let go of the band.

“Calm down Kaegen,” She said threading slowly. She stayed calm.

“She was only upset that you left me. Put down that weapon of yours, I don’t think she’d harm you anymore.” Her voice was steady, she should show fear or any sign of weakness. She turned to Makena and her head shook disappointedly. She should have punched him because Kaegen left.

“We are heading back this instance. You two can settle this in school, but right now, I have an injured leg to tend to. Only the hospital wing has the right tools.” She said and glared at both of them.

“Well, I didn’t know you could climb trees.”
Aurelia said before Makena went over to the boy and punched him in the arm. She was going to reply but she was annoyed at the boy.
“Makena, stop it,”
Aurelia warned as the boy pulled out his slingshot with a rock aimed at her head. Makena instinctively pulled out her wand and pointed it at the boy "Did you not hear a word I just said." Makena said angrily when Aurelia suddenly then stood in between the two of them.
“Calm down Kaegen,”
Aurelia said slowly and calm. 
“She was only upset that you left me. Put down that weapon of yours, I don’t think she’d harm you anymore.”
Her voice was steady, she didn't show fear or any sign of weakness. Aurelia then turned to Makena and her head shook disappointingly. Makena scowled she wasn't i the wrong the boy was he left them and he was now pointing a slingshot at her face, Makena lowered her wand but still kept it tightly gripped she din't want to cast a spell and hit Aurelia. 
“We are heading back this instance. You two can settle this in school, but right now, I have an injured leg to tend to. Only the hospital wing has the right tools.”
Aurelia said as she glared at both of them. "Fine. But you need to at least bandage it now or it could get infected." Makena said not dropping her gaze from the boy, she wanted to make sure he wasn't going to shoot her with his slingshot.

Makena D

The girl with the hurt knee was trying to get him to put his weapon down but he didn't really listen. What struck him, what really sunk home was the other girl. The idiot pointed a wand at him. Did she even know how to use that? To cast a spell you had to be completely focused, with precise movements and pronunciation. To fire a slingstone all he had to do was let go. If his fingers so much as twitched she would die, and she was waving a slow, unreliable magic wand. It was so pathetic he couldn't live with himself actually fighting someone like that. Was she completely mental? Were both of them positively insane?
The only other explanation was that they were just incredibly smart and were trying to trick him, place him in a false sense of security by acting like lunatics. And then after he put down his slingshot they would attack him, but it was highly unlikely. They would have no reason to assume he was bluffing with the slingshot, would they? He would have killed them, he at least was aware of that. Were they? His mind was swirling with traps and traps in traps and traps in the traps that were in the traps but he did still lower the slingshot. He had to fight to keep the laughter from taking over even as the confusion swarmed his mind. He was used to confusion, it wouldn't bother him too much. A grin spread across his mouth and a tear of joy threatened to break free from his eye.

A weight was lifted of her shoulders when the two put down their weapons. She couldn't have handled if one were to make a nasty move. A long puff of air exited from her lips. "At least no one is dying today," She mumbled under her breath. Both of them were still alert and were on the edge. She didn't bother getting both of them to apologise, they were 12 year olds, not 5. It was what her mother told her to do when she was younger and had a fight with her cousin. They weren't that young, though they acted quite childish, getting upset over little things.

Aurelia noticed a smile creeping on Kaegen's lips. "What are you laughing at?" She growled. He was truly a weird boy. Seconds ago, he had a rock aimed at her face and now he was smiling. Was he a psychopath? Aurelia shook her head and started walking in the direction the came from. She knew she was bleeding but it was dark and she didn't know how bad it was. Her hands felt sticky from the blood that was starting to dry, she rubbed it on her robe once more. She promised herself that she would put it to wash once she reached Hogwarts.

"I'm alright. It won't get infected if we reach there soon." Said Aurelia.
  Back