Care of Magical Creatures

Register
Sign in
  Back

Adventures 101  PV Kaegen, Makena & Aurelia 

Meadows

The lush green grass would sway as the cool Breeze blew. The grass grew waist high and would tickle your legs when you walk through the meadow. Hedhogs and rabbits live in burrows underground, they would often come up when the afternoon shines upon the field. It would be lucky for you to spot them. Ocassionally, spotted deers would prance across. They would gather in a herd and feast on blooming dandelions in Spring. The meadow was at its most beautiful at dusk when the glowing orange sun would set on the horizon, lowering itself into the lush green field. A small pond sits somewhere on the vast meadow. Ducks and other birds go there to rest and fish. It was peaceful and there weren't any lethal dangers in the water. At night, the stars twinkle above in the infinite sky. Crickets would sing and owls would hoot. It was the most relaxing place around Hogwarts.

The Forest

Tall trees populated the dense forest. The forest was home to many different kinds of animal species. Mystical creatures lurk in the forests, many of them with coats that blended into the surroundings. Beautiful as they might be, most of them are feral and would often Attack if provoked or even approached. These beautiful animals had sharp talons, claws, teeth and beaks. They could rip through flesh with a swipe. They were the main reasons why almost nobody dared to enter the forest. On the contrary, there were still harmless creatures that roamed within the dense area, these were the rare unicorns and winged leomonkis. They were said to grant anyone who saw them, good luck. Colourful flowers grew on the trees, their vines wrapping around the thick branches. Some flowers had medicinal properties while most of them were lethal. Any unlucky soul who contacted these poisonous flowers would instantly regret ever stepping foot into the woods.
Last edited by Aurelia Bezuidenhout on 6th May 2018, 5:01 am, edited 12 times in total.

Kaegen had unofficially been granted unofficial assistant good, or at least it had been implied, by professor lear not too long ago, and already he was having to babysit kids that seemed bent and determined to try and make sure he lost his job. One of them even went to go and play with a riled up hippogriff. The rest of them had wanted to go and play in the forbidden forest. So Kaegen had decided to show them some hedgehogs instead. Normally, he would be fine with exploring the forbidden forest. But only with people that had some sense. Any sense at all. These people had been sitting in an empty classroom, waiting for a class that they weren't allowed to take.
Realizing that being annoyed an worried wasn't going to help him, he turned and looked back at the class, waving some of them over, and especially that girl he had pulled away from the hippogriffs. He would really prefer being able to see her, and know she wasn't harassing lear's creatures. Besides, she had seemed overly confident with the hippogriff, maybe she knew something about hedgehogs. Kaegen himself didn't know too much. The swamp he grew up in was far too dangerous for the adorable little things to survive, quills or no.
The young boy moved ahead of the group through the grass, hardly rustling the long stalks. Even he had to make some sound, it was impossible not to. But he made almost none, and the sound he did make was muted. His survival had depended on him being quiet and fast, so that's what he had become good at. It was kind of funny, being a ravenclaw that wasn't very good at reading or writing. Kaegen's best guess for why he was placed in his house was his love of anything interesting. Noticing he had been moving for a minute or so, he glanced behind him to make sure the other students hadn't decided to go play catch with a acid salamander.

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Aurelia followed behind him. The long stocks of grass rustled as she did. She took heavy steps, dried twigs snapped as she did. She brushed her hand through the soft grass. She had already been walking for more than half an hour, with Kaegen turning around every few minutes to make sure they were keeping up. She swore she had walked more than a mile and a half. Her legs ached.

"Are we there yet?" She groaned, asking for the third time. She was tired seeing the same things over and over again. Blades of grass there, dandelions there, a little butterfly fluttering by, some more grass, some more dandelions...

She looked back, the class was already far away from where she was. She contemplated wether to turn back, but what fun would it be there? The professor was no where to be seen when she was there earlier. She decided to keep following Kaegen.

"I hope you know where you are going..." she said. Her stomach then grumbled. She was right to bring along some sugar rolls she took from the morning feast. She grabbed a paper bag and pulled out a roll. The bread had been flatten probably when she dumped on the table in the class. She knew a spell to fix it. The spell, incendio was a fire making spell that she learnt from one of the classes. She was taught how to light a candle up, but she then learned that it could be used to bake bread too. She produced her wand from her bag.

" Incendio, " she said slowly. She needed to be extremely careful inorder not to burn the bread. Orange glow was emitted from the loaf and it started to rise. She pointed the wand up when the pastery was puffy to her contents

"Do you want one?" She offered Kaegen.

"Are we there yet?"
Aurelia groaned, asking for the third time. Makena could see she was getting annoyed and Makena was getting slightly aggravated as well she was sick of seeing the same things even though they were beautiful.
"I hope you know where you are going..."
Aurelia asked. Her stomach then grumbled.
" Incendio, "
She said slowly. She needed to be extremely careful in order not to burn the bread. Orange glow was emitted from the loaf and it started to rise. She pointed the wand up when the pastry was puffy to her contents.
"Do you want one?"
She offered Kaegen. "Well If he doesn't want one I will." Makena said to Aurelia with a slight giggle. "So do you even know we are going or are you just walking around hoping to find a place?" Makena asked Kaegen getting slightly aggravated with waking around for ages. It seemed like them were going in circles. Makena then looked at Aurelia and whispered "We should of just gone into the forest we would of found something by now and as beautiful as the scenery is I feel like we are just walking in circles going nowhere." She sighed and carried on walking.
Last edited by Makena Degray on 13th April 2018, 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Makena D

Reducio
Haha, I just read the new posts in the Care of magical creatures rp. There seem To be a lot of things going on. Good luck keeping your job Kaegen :LOL: :lol: On the other hand, it just you, Mekana and me.

His voice carried back to the few students trailing behind him.
"The forest is called forbidden. You would end up dead. Right up ahead, right there. You can go on ahead, I'll have some of that bread."
Kaegen stopped, and pointed at a bush. With any measure of luck there would be something there, something for them to look at. More specifically, the hedgehog family. He didn't understand how people could be so ignorant of the forest. That girl had said they would find something interesting? Well, if a creature's talon ripping you apart was interesting.
But on the bright side, that girl knew how to make bread. He liked bread. They would hopefully see some hedgehogs, lose interest and then go back to their dorms. Until that happened, he would hang back, watch them. He would make sure to be close enough to come and help in case they got a face full of quills. The bread was smelling pretty good, honestly. It sure was nice of the girl to offer some. Today was starting to look up. Sure, the only positive thing so far had been the bread, but the bread was pretty positive. Who didn't like food?

Well If he doesn't want one I will.
Mekana said with giggle. Aurelia placed the fluffy bread on her palms. Aurelia gave her a gentle and welcoming smile.
I'll have some of that bread

Kaegen said. She gave one to Kaegen then baked another loaf for herself. She sank her teeth into the loaf and began eating. The fresh crispy aroma was still there. However, the bread didn't taste as good as it had on the Gryffindor table where she ate her breakfast, but it wasn't to bad either. The bread was devoured after a few minutes. Her stomach still didn't feel full. She was tempted to take the cookies she took from the Gryffindor table out, she decided she would only take it out later when she was hungrier.

Kaegen told them the place he considered "interesting" would be up a head. Aurelia skipped In the direction. She didn't see anything much when she was a couple of feet away. Gosh, this Kaegen guy is such a lair! She thought to herself.

"Hey Kaegen, I don't see anything but grass and daphodiles." She called him. But just then, she heard the blades of grass rustle. Her head turned in the direction and she instinctively whipped her wand from her pocket, holding it defensively infront. Then she saw a tiny little brown creature emerge. It had small dainty spikes on its back but it's face and under side was furry.

"Awwww," she squealed. Her hands dipped in the sack searching for any bread crumbs she could feed it with. Her hands pulled out a piece the size of a small penny. Then a dozen more hedgehogs emerged. They sniffed her curiously. She giggled as thier noses ticked her legs.

"Here you go," she offered. The hedgehog nibbled gingerly.

"Mekana, come see this!" She called her excitedly. Aurelia retrieved the sketchbook from her bag and began sketching the tiny rodents.

Well If he doesn't want one I will.
Mekana said with giggle. Aurelia placed the fluffy bread on her palms. Aurelia gave her a gentle and welcoming smile.

Kaegen said. She gave one to Kaegen then baked another loaf for herself. She sank her teeth into the loaf and began eating. The fresh crispy aroma was still there. However, the bread didn't taste as good as it had on the Gryffindor table where she ate her breakfast, but it wasn't to bad either. The bread was devoured after a few minutes. Her stomach still didn't feel full. She was tempted to take the cookies she took from the Gryffindor table out, she decided she would only take it out later when she was hungrier.

Kaegen told them the place he considered "interesting" would be up a head. Aurelia skipped In the direction. She didn't see anything much when she was a couple of feet away. Gosh, this Kaegen guy is such a lair! She thought to herself.

"Hey Kaegen, I don't see anything but grass and daphodiles." She called him. But just then, she heard the blades of grass rustle. Her head turned in the direction and she instinctively whipped her wand from her pocket, holding it defensively infront. Then she saw a tiny little brown creature emerge. It had small dainty spikes on its back but it's face and under side was furry. Kaegen actually brought her to an exciting place. Which meant Kaegen actually had good intentions.

"Awwww," she squealed. Her hands dipped in the sack searching for any bread crumbs she could feed it with. Her hands pulled out a piece the size of a small penny. Then a dozen more hedgehogs emerged. They sniffed her curiously. She giggled as thier noses ticked her legs.

"Here you go," she offered. The hedgehog nibbled gingerly.

"Mekana, come see this!" She called her excitedly. Aurelia retrieved the sketchbook from her bag and began sketching the tiny rodents.
Last edited by Aurelia Bezuidenhout on 13th April 2018, 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aurelia placed the fluffy bread onto Makena's palms. Aurelia gave her a gentle and welcoming smile.
Kaegen said. She gave one to Kaegen then baked another loaf for herself. Makena took her bite of the bread and warmth filled her mouth, it was fresh and crispy but the bread didn't taste as good as it had on the Gryffindor table at breakfast. The bread was devoured after a few minutes. Kaegen told them the place he considered "interesting" would be up a head. Makena looked up to see Aurelia skipping in the direction he was pointing in.
"Hey Kaegen, I don't see anything but grass and daphodiles."
Aurelia called back to them. Great Makena thought we walked all this way and nothing. But then suddenly Makena saw Aurelia quickly turn around and she then took her wand out and put it in the defence position.
"Awwww,"
She squealed. Makena was getting curious and started walking towards Aurelia.
"Mekana, come see this!"
She called Makena excitedly. Makena then rushed over and saw these beautiful and adorable hedgehogs all around Aurelia they had small dainty spikes on their backs but their faces and under side was all furry. Makena sat beside her on the grass as Aurelia took out her sketch book from her bag. Makena loved hedgehogs, they were always around her back garden when she was back home she would always bring them food out every morning so they quickly became one of her favourite animals. Makena grabbed out a tangerine from her bag peeled it and held out one of the pieces to the hedgehog, it quickly started nibbling the piece of fruit from her hand before taking it off her and eating it on the ground soon lots more hedgehogs came they must of really wanted some food. Makena was in her element she was always so happy in nature exploring. She was sitting their watching Aurelia sketch and watching the hedgehogs when one crawled onto her lap and sat their it looked like a baby. Makena had often cared for young Hedgehogs (and other small animals) if they were hurt or just tired so she gently stroked the hedgehog she knew how to touch a hedgehog without getting spiked she felt so happy a giant smile grew on her face. 

Makena D

It has been half an hour and Aurelia had already finished sketching 3 hedgehogs, the tiny little creatures were easy to draw. She stroked one's cheek. They enjoyed thier company and Aurelia enjoyed theirs too. She stood up, careful not to step any of the tiny creatures with her huge foot. Her hands reached up as she stretched. She twisted side to side. She also pulled her leg towards the back. Sitting for half an hour made her butt feel numb. She combed through her beautiful dark locks of hair and tied it back into a neater high ponytail. Though she had fun, Aurelia was getting a little restless and the heghogs were starting to bore her. It was a good time as the hedhogs began crawling into their barrows to probably rest.

Aurelia took a silver locket from her bag. She flipped the metal lid open gently. underneath was a watch without the wristband. She read the time. There was still two hours before the afternoon feast. She sighed it only took 30 minutes to walk back which also meant an hour and a half starring at the walls of the proffesorless classroom.

"I doubt you have any better place for us to go, uh, Kaegen?" She asked him.

Her stomach grumbled again. What was the problem with it? She just ate a loaf of bread and a heavy breakfast meal with a slice of cake and other pastries. She took out her bag of cookies. And sat down beside Makena.
"Right, snack time it is again." said Aurelia smiling. She distributed the cookies to Kaegen and Mekena.

She was biting on a cookie when something glistering from a distance caught her eye. She stood up to get a better look of it. She couldn't see what it was as it was quite a distance a way. The light from the sun reflected off making it hard for her to see. She listen carefully. A grin spread across her face when she heard quacking and ripples of water and other birds. There was a lake or a pond ahead.

"Follow me Makena, I think I just found something." She swung her sack across her shoulders and began running in the direction. When she was in a muggle school for a few years, she placed for a few of the local sprinting competitions there. She was so excited that she ran at her normal scarabs speed, which was sprinting at what people would call thier top speed. Then she realised promised herself that she wouldn't let anyone know that she was more athletically fitter than them. Aurelia was discreetly self-conscious. She didn't want anyone to know about that catergory of strength as she was afraid it might draw to much attention or even worse, bad influences. Her heels dug into the ground as she halted suddenly. Kaegen and Mekena were far behind she waited for them to catch up with her.
"Uh, u didn't know I could run so fast, I probably had to much adrenaline. She lied. She continued making her way towards the pond, but this time, jogging, even at this pace, she was still a tint faster than Kaegen and Mekena.

She reached the edge of the pond. The view was beautiful with ducks and many other birds chirping all around. A deer was feasting on a patch of grass from a distance. This seemed more fun than playing with hedgehogs. She suddenly had the urge to jump into the water. She began untying her shoelaces and removing her shoes, this would be fun but Kaegen would probably hate her for this.

It has been half an hour and Aurelia had already finished sketching 3 hedgehogs. Aurelia stood up, careful not to step any of the tiny creatures. Her hands reached up as she stretched. She twisted side to side. She also pulled her leg towards the back. She then combed through her beautiful dark locks of hair and tied it back into a neater high ponytail. Makena could see that Aurelia was getting a little restless and the hedgehogs were starting to bore her. It was a good time to leave as the hedgehogs began crawling into their barrows to probably rest. Aurelia took a silver locket from her bag. She flipped the metal lid open gently. underneath was a watch without the wristband. She read the time.
"I doubt you have any better place for us to go, uh, Kaegen?"
She asked him. Makena was also quite curious to what other places he knew if he knew any. Aurelia's stomach grumbled again. She took out her bag of cookies, and sat down beside Makena.
"Right, snack time it is again."
said Aurelia smiling. She then distributed the cookies to Kaegen and Mekena. Makena grabbed the cookie and started nibbling it. Suddenly Aurelia stood up. A grin spread across Aurelia's face.
"Follow me Makena, I think I just found something."
Aurelia said before she swung her sack across her shoulders and began running in the direction. Makena quickly stood up, grabbed her bag and started running after Aurellia, her long brown hair was blowing in the wind she had to keep moving it out of her face. However it was no use to try amd catch up Aurelia was already so far in front. When we finally got to Aurelia she said 
"Uh, I didn't know I could run so fast, I probably had to much adrenaline."
Makena didn't believe her one bit but she just went a long with it she didn't want to push Aurelia. She then continued making her way towards the pond, but this time, jogging, even at this pace, she was still a bit faster than Kaegen and Mekena.

They finally reached the edge of the pond. The view was beautiful with ducks and many other birds chirping all around. A deer was feasting on a patch of grass from a distance. Makena found the view so mesmerising. Then Aurelia began untying her shoelaces and removing her shoes, she was looking at the lake so Makena knew what she was doing. Makena put down her bag and started untying her shoes, she took them off looked at Aurelia and started running. Makena loved spontaneously doing things and she wanted to do this even more than usual just because she knew it would annoy Kaegen. 

Makena D

How far had they been walking? The hogwarts grounds didn't have another lake, did someone cast this? And it's not like any of these people ever looked at a map before, they seemed perfectly happy to start taking off their clothes and go swimming in a lake that either didn't exist or was too far away to be within range of the hogwarts wards. Speaking of the wards, would they have alerted the teacher? Let them know that a couple students just left their area?
Sitting down and watching his fellow students, Kaegen pulled out small wicked looking black slingshot. He walked smoothly, quietly over to a convenient bush and then slipped inside. He hoped, prayed that their time would run out. That they would have to go back soon. He had seen the girl check her watch but had not seen what it said.
How far away were they? The other option, one that he hadn't thought of, was that the pond had been dug. That it wasn't a trap, but a custom hole for some fantastic beast. What fantastic beast would even dig a pond? Was it still in there? Stashing his slingshot back in the pouch that was strapped to him, the boy slipped out of his school robe. The clothes he wore underneath was a mess of straps, belts and leather strips that held all manner of container and miscellaneous item to him. There were leaves and sticks and bottles and boxes and bags full of rocks and bags with some sand. It was a little boy's collection, one that he strapped to his body. The most prominent things your eyes were drawn to was a shiny, small knife among several other blades. Underneath the multitude of straps he wore a pair of shorts, fashioned from some sort of reptilian leather, and a tee shirt.
Free of his robe, a grin spread across Kaegen's face as he rushed to the edge of the water and dived in. Would he be able to find it? This pond was tiny, after all. He could probably find it.
Assuming it hadn't just left. And assuming that this pond was made by a creature.

The map hadnt shown a pond in its radius. It was probably our out hogwart's range. Aurelia hadn't went Swimming in quite a while. So she might as well do it now. The only place that had water deep enough to swim in was the perfects' bathroom which she couldn't go. The waters look enchanted. It was so clear that she could see through most of its depth and the colourful fishes swimming in it. Beside the pond were flowers painted in all colours. Aurelia shrugged off her back coat with the red gryffindor logo on it. She turned around and faced away from Kaegen when she took her clothes, hoping he had enough curtesy to look away. She took of sweater, long knitted stockings skirt and white blouse. Underneath was a thin white singlet and shorts.

She folded her clothes neatly and place it somewhere where it wouldn't get wet. Then she noticed that Kaegen had a knife strapped to him with a strip of leather among several othe blades. What crazy boy carries a knife with him? She thought. She knife the basics in knife throwing but never could've got it to stick into the wall or plank of wood as it always bounced right of.

She stood at the edge of the water. The cool breeze blew In her face. The water should be freezing cold but she really had an urge to jump.
"One, two, three!" She counted and leaped into the water. She landing in the water with splash. But there was something odd, the water wasn't freezing, it was warm.

"The water is warm!" She said excitedly."

Reducio
I think Mekena got held up. Maybe Ou could continue first Kaegen,

Kaegen dove deeper and deeper into the pond. It wasn't all too deep, but there was a little tunnel or something, and he was trying to reach down it with a stick, find out if anything was down there. See if he could scare up something interesting. He wasn't swimming very fast, his vast amount of containers, and straps with which to hold the containers got in the way. But they had lids and stoppers and weren't filling up, which was a good thing. It would probably prove too much for his 11 year old arms to handle if all of his bottles suddenly filled with water. After a few more seconds of prodding with a stick, he swam back up to the surface, and took a huge breath of air. Looking around, he saw one of the girls, whos name he either forgot or didn't know, swimming in the pond along with him. There was no way they would want to go anywhere else, this was interesting. Interesting and hopefully time consuming. He was enjoying himself, finding himself having fun instead of just being nervous about keeping the other students from injuring themselves at lear's classroom. They were even pleasant company.

Back