Astronomy

Register
Sign in

IC Questions  Open Office

Please move to THIS THREAD HERE to visit Professor Karr's office for IC questions/roleplay.

"Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."-Elie Wiesel

Interactions: @Alaric Equinox || Text color =#3d85c6
Katrina reached the classroom. She took a deep breath and stood at the door. She raised her hand and paused. Was the Professor even there? She remembered the clock read 5:15 when she left her dorm to come here. The sun was just setting and Katrina gathered up her tentative courage.

Knock Knock

Katrina surprised herself with actually knocking. The door echoed slightly and Katrina stepped side to side in impatience. She reviewed what she was going to say in her head:
Professor, good evening. Sorry to bother you but I have something to ask you. Would you mind if I could use one of your telescopes? I would like to see the sky not during class.
She shook her head, it sounded so fake. Oh, well.

She had no response from the door and called out, “Hello?” The Gryffindor paused for a minute and knocked again.

She bit her lip and twiddled her fingers behind her back. What was she thinking? The Professor was probably not even there? What would he think about her question? Katrina had half a mind to just leave and pretend nothing happened. She groped in her satchel and brought out her notebook, the first page read “Ask for permission to use telescope.”

She sighed and waited at the door. She was already here anyway.
[/quote]

>Stats: Sta 9, Evas 8, Str 3, Wis 11, ArcP 9, Acc 5<
>Healing Sage | Perfectionist | Charmer || Leader of SHC| Owner of The Kat Shop<

@Katrina Walker 
A knock sounded at the door which startled him. Hadn’t he left the door open? He was almost sure he had left it open, but clearly, he had been mistaken. Sometimes even sleepy professors make mistakes, however, he was far more awake now even in a short span of 15 minutes. It didn’t take the man long to get moving for his day. A Hello sounded out pulling him out of his thoughts making him chuckle at himself as she stood up from his desk and walked the small distance down the stairs and towards the door. Opening it he would greet the young girl with a warm smile motioning for her to come in.

“My deepest apologies I could have sworn I had left that open. How may I help you, Miss-?”

His voice was warm and velvety the only thing even possibly off-putting about this man was the dark vermillion eyes and the two missing spots in his mouth where his canines should have been. Whether the girl entered the classroom or not he would push the door all the way against the wall leaving it wide open so that if there was a next student they would just be able to make their way in. 

✴Astronomy, as nothing else can do, teaches men humility ✴
Sta|9| Eva|20| Str|20| Wis| 2 | Arc| 2 | Acc|12|

@Alaric Equinox | color=#3d85c6
The professor answered the door and welcomed Katrina in. She almost smacked her head. She didn't even bother to try to open the door; she just knocked! Pushing her awkwardness aside, she took a few tentative steps into the classroom.

"Walker, Katrina Walker." Katrina's voice was slightly shaky. Being the timid person she was, Katrina had a hard time talking to professors. She paused for a second before responding, "I-I came to ask if I could use a telescope?" The rehearsed conversation slipped away from her.

Professor Equinox had a friendly voice and smile. His canines were missing and his eyes were a unique and slightly unsettling color. She remembered he was Dhampir or at least, she suspected it. Katrina looked around the room the invisible walls portraying the slightly stormy weather outside. She waited for a response before adding "I just wanted to see the stars without- assignments- I guess."

Katrina always found the stars fascinating, and it was one of the only classes she really enjoyed. This year she was doing better at Charms, but Astronomy was still her favorite. Katrina shook herself from her thoughts and resorted to twiddling her fingers again. Hopefully coming in would have a good outcome.

>Healing Sage | Perfectionist | Charmer || Leader of SHC| Owner of The Kat Shop<

@Katrina Walker 
Alaric could tell the girl seemed a bit nervous and he held no doubt that it was because of what he was, but he hoped that someday that would fade as students got used to him. 

“It is a pleasure to meet you formally Miss Walker.” 

He had to remind himself, however, that this would take time. He didn’t keep it a secret what he was and it would take more than a couple of weeks for students to be okay and realize that he wasn’t the monster that most people thought dhampirs were. When she spoke about just wanting to see the stars however the man grinned. 

“That is a very admiral request. I won’t allow you to take one of the school telescopes. However, I would be more than happy to allow you to use a telescope outside of classroom hours. You can either be up on the rooftop with myself or I can set you up with a telescope by the windows while I sit up there-.“ He motioned to the platform hat held his desk and Zurie, his great white owl, who watched the girl curiously. “And work. The options are up to you. I would also be more than happy to, during those times, answer any questions you might have while you are doing so.” 

Katrina- despite her socially awkward personality- rather liked the Professor's kind personality. As Professor Equinox gestured to his owl Katrina was rather taken aback by its gorgeous feathers. The bird had large liquid gold eyes and speckled cookies and cream wings. It had a regal and kind air about it and Katrina wished even more desperately for a pet. She lost track slightly of what he said and brought herself back to the conversation.

"When would be a good time to use the telescopes? Now or would you like me to come later?" Slight color rose to her cheeks despite all of her efforts to hide it. She usually paid more attention.

She was becoming excited about using the telescopes. Saturn was supposed to be visible now and Katrina desperately wanted to sketch it. She didn't have much time to draw the night sky and it had been her over-all hope to since she had arrived and seen the room. Katrina absentmindedly dropped her arm to adopt her satchel she could feel her sketchbook inside with all of her masterpieces inside.

Katrina looked about the cavernous room. She wished she was more of a night-owl for at night she typically became unbearably tired and found it hard to focus during class. She had never had the time to truly appreciate the room.
Reducio
Would you like me to start another RPG for a continuance of this depending on your response?

Alaric removed the pocket watch from his vest when she asked him if now was a good time. After thinking for just a moment he replied to the girl. “In about an hour, perhaps. The weather is not looking favorable at the moment so if you did it would most certainly be inside. Though we could get lucky the stormy weather could also break.” He would close his pocket watch and place it back within its pocket.

He followed her eyes up to Zurie she was a very regal looking lady. She also had a sassy personality with a bit of a come fight me I dare you feel to her. “I’m sure Zurie will be a more palpable mood as well if you come back later. She just also just woke up not too long ago.” Even if the weather broke she might still stay in the castle choosing not to leave until much later in the evening. For now, she looked happy enough just perched where she was watching them. “Please feel free to come whenever suits you best within my office hours, however. You don’t need to make an appointment for this I am always happy to accommodate further learning.”

Adohiro was quite nervous and a bit shy as he stood outside the door of the office. He was complementing whether he should ask for help or grin or bear it. Deciding after a long mental battle, he would step into the classroom office. He had a few questions on the homework assignment but it felt rather embarrassing to ask a question. He didn't want to look inferior at all and certainly not stupid. He would step in, the room looked very lovely and he would gaze at the room happily. It felt really nice to be here. It seemed to be very neat and welcoming and had a good design to it. After gazing at the scenery of the room, it was really open and big! He would pause and would approach the teacher's desk. He was a bit nervous as he waited slowly, he felt out of place and he wondered if he would look stupid if he asked a question. He felt like he was slowly being tortured as his little heartbeat kept beating and beating. He was plenty nervous and he continued to look around the open room. "S-Should I leave?" He asked himself loudly waiting.

@Alaric Equinox

"Why are you telling me to choose
When I only have my eyes half-open?
Somebody let me know, tell me which way to go"
-내일, 오늘

Alaric had been up top outside setting up for his class that evening and had not heard the boy come in. Such was the problem when you had two classroom areas, but it was going to be a beautiful night, and the third years needed to study the moons. Once the telescopes were set up, and in their proper rows, he would start heading back down. He noticed a dark-haired boy standing near his desk, asking himself a question. If he remembered correctly, the boy was a first-year. They often came to him to ask him for suggestions on how to adjust their schedules for his classes. He felt terrible for them, but he knew that they would eventually get used to it. “That would be entirely up to you. Though if you had a question for me, leaving would probably be a bit counterproductive.” His dark vermillion eyes watched the boy as he finished descending the stairs that lead him to the other platform where his desk and the boy were located. “Feel free to take a seat if you would like.” The dhampir motioned towards the seat next to the boy as he walked around his desk and took his chair. He removed the copper pocket watch from his charcoal vest pocket and checked the time before giving the watch a couple of winds. Satisfied, he nestled the mini clock back into its pocket and gave the boy his undivided attention. "Now, how may I assist you?"

@Adohiro Moira

The child would go into the office and he would sit down. It felt a bit awkward and even scary since he knew this teacher was a vampire. He could easily bite me! The boy thought and he would sit a bit worried about all of this. Maybe this wasn't a good idea at all, but he decided to ask. "For the question about the Zodiac sign, isn't Saturn the only one that has two contiguous zodiac signs? So do I need to put that on the questions?" The young eleven year old student asked glancing at him. He didn't want to fail astronomy, he was currently having trouble doing his assignments. He did not like any of these astronomy assignments and it wasn't his favorite subject at all. "And what is the name for the Earth? I couldn't find it in any of the books you gave us or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. Isn't it the old English word 'Ertha?'" He asked the vampire. The professor even looked a bit scarier up close and he seemed to be very nervous to be in his presence. It was a bit awkward and he would look around the place nervously.

@Alaric Equinox 

-내일, 오늘

The Dhampir, since he wasn’t a full vampire, looked at the boy and waited for him to ask his questions. They were simple enough, and questions students tried to get him to answer. “As for the zodiac signs, all of them are covered within the lesson. I conform to what is taught within divination. There are many different variations of who believes what. There are even some people who believe Earth governs three signs when it does not. I highly suggest that you go over your notes for that assignment as all the answers were given in class.” The second question was a direct asking for an answer, and he was sure the boy would be disappointed in what he had to say regarding the answer because Alaric was not going to hand over one of the only solutions he required the students to look up. “I suggest you reread and carefully your textbooks. They state many non-scientific and non-etymology answers that are acceptable.” He was very used to all of the nerves that came with the first years though most of them had gotten well over it by this time in the year. He was not surprised to see some had not, but he was sure they would with time. Afterall he was no longer just an Astronomy professor; he was also the Ravenclaw Head of House. “Is there anything else I can help you with?” He inquired, making sure that there were no more inquiries from the boy.

Reducio
In short, the answers you seek are in the lesson any other answer you provide can be considered wrong. As for Earth’s name you will find Google to be very helpful but be careful to pick something non-scientific.

@Adohiro Moira

The professor seemed too reluctant about revealing any answers. That was disappointing, he thought he could not get some kind of helpful answers. It was rather annoying but he glanced at the 'scary' looking half vampire. He heard from some older students that he had sucked the blood of students he disliked and even killed them! He didn't think they were true, but he sort of wanted to confirm it. "I heard from students, you have sucked the blood of many students and even killed someone! Some older students told me that. Would Hogwarts really allow a killer inside here?" It sure sounded like a stupid question none the less, but he was curious about his past. "I don't think it's real, but is there any sort of truth in those statements? I think it might have been an April Fools' prank, but they looked serious and they told me after April Fools. And I heard Dhampir are stronger than normal full vampires and even need more blood!" Adohiro had obviously never studied on vampires, only the basics or the folklore on it which he was a tad bit worried about it. All the books about it make them look like bloodthirsty monsters!
(I know c: I already did the homework even before I did this. I'm just rping for fun)
@Alaric Equinox

-내일, 오늘

Alaric chuckled lightheartedly, showing the gaps in his gumline where his fangs were not present. Shaking his head gently with a slight eye roll, he looked at the boy in front of him. “Considering I’ve only been here since last September, that would be quite the feat. I hope I can assure you that I have not drunk straight from a living being in a very, very long time.” His warm velvet voice held no malice or anger as he spoke, but it was clear the child was gullible and not well-read on dhampirs at all. He was happy that the boy came directly to him instead of spreading the hurtful rumors anywhere else. “I am also the Ravenclaw Head of House, and I do not think I would have gotten to such a high position without being in Azkaban if I had done such things. My main goal is to help the students and protect them to the best of my abilities. I think the only student I have ever been angry with had to dust my shelves as a punishment in detention.

Dhampirs being stronger than full-blooded vampires was an interesting notion, but there was no logic behind it, and he would need to clear that up. “Vampires are of their own being. To create a Dhampir, they must mix with humans. So instead of being a full vampire, we are half-vampire and half-human. This makes us quite a bit weaker than our ancestors. We also do not require nearly as much blood to survive as vampires do, and we can be satiated in times of need with synthetic blood pops. I am supplied blood by the ministry, which is donated by willing participants. They come in little blood bags, which are kept cool until I warm them up to drink them.” It was far more information than the boy had asked for, but he felt that in this instance that more information was better than less. 

@Adohiro Moira

Adohiro was a bit nervous, but he soon heard he was only here last September which was a relief to him. He let out a sigh and gave a nervous nod. "So you have sucked blood from a living human before?" He asked smiling and he would sigh in relief. "I guess it's true Hogwarts wouldn't hire a killer, but couldn't people hide their crimes at times? Or blame other people?" However he decided to believe the man, he now seemed kinder a bit. "So all the rumors the people were spreading is all a fake hoax? I guess it's good. next time I will correct the people if I hear them spreading it." He then heard about how people would donate their blood which he thought was a tad bit strange. "How can people donate their blood to vampires? That sounds super cool, I want to do that! Is there an age requirement?" He asked. "Also do vampires really lose control when someone gets a cut?" He asked. "And does it go for half vampires? Will you lose control possibly? Can I test it out?" He grinned thinking it would be certainly interesting and maybe a huge scandal for the school! 

-내일, 오늘

Please move to THIS THREAD HERE to visit Professor Karr's office for IC questions/roleplay.

"Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."-Elie Wiesel