Astronomy

Register
Sign in

Struggling with the Stars  PV Kateri   Closed 

Private Thread with @Kateri Karr
Willow was always one to daydream, or... night dream. Any time of day type of dreaming. The stars always seemed to call out to her to dream with them. Luckily, her dorm room was enchanted to show the sky above them so she always had an amazing view of the stars. Astronomy had become a beloved class of hers. It was another one of those classes that seemed to tie seamlessly into the things that she had learned from her home witch craft, with a lot less Wiccan influence on the lessons of course. It mad her crave to be in this class more than one hour once a week. It was never enough time to learn about space and everything around them that seemed so far away yet so close. The stars in particular perplexed Willow. The brightest lights within the night sky that apparently were so incredibly far away. It slightly dashed Willow's dreams of some day collecting stardust. For now, she would settle with a piece of meteorite but those weren't exactly easy to obtain either.

The curious badger found herself wandering towards the Astronomy Tower to visit Professor Karr during her office hours at around 6:30pm. She wanted to have time to talk to her without running too close to breaking curfew, especially with how strict the professors were being with it. She didn't exactly know what she wanted to talk about in specifics to the stars, but boy oh boy did she have some questions about them. After so many staircases, one in which she took the wrong one and ended up on a slide for one all the way back down them, she finally made it. She gave a small knock and waited to be welcomed in. Once the Professor let her in, she would peek her head around the door and boldly ask...

"I have a couple questions about wishing on stars, and how that works. Do you have a couple minutes?"
Last edited by Willow Anderson on 26th October 2020, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Flower Yet to Bloom
Stamina: 7 / Evasion: 6 / Strength: 5 / Wisdom: 10 / ArcPower: 6 / Accuracy: 7
Hex Code - #259986

· • —– ٠ ▹◃ ٠ —– • ·
@Willow Anderson
The last days of Summer had not been kind to Kateri. Between the problems Hogwarts had been facing and just general preparation for the new term, she had found herself running ragged this first week. Trying to hide her tired eyes, Kateri often poured herself deeper into her work and thankfully hadn't had many checking in during her office hours. She had managed to nap at her desk yesterday. It had been the first time in awhile she had slept for a couple hours at a time without any interruptions or troubled dreams. Something in her soul wasn't quite settled. Something deep down that she found herself having a hard time grasping just what it was.

Today seemed to be another long day. Kat had spent much of here afternoon up in the tower at her desk with the classroom door locked. Typically she would leave it open in case anyone wanted an earlier visit but there was a dark cloud looming over the woman casting a shadow in her eyes. Sitting at her desk, Kateri leaned back in her chair and balanced on the back two legs. A letter sat in her hands as she bore holes into it with her searing gaze. The word 'Daylily' was scrawled across the front in messy blue ink, small dots of ink and smudged thumbprint in the bottom corner. A gentle knock broke the lonely silence that had fallen on the tower.

"C-come in!" Shuffling quickly with the letter she shoved it inside a drawer and hastily closed it along with her thumb. Biting back a curse, Kateri held her thumb between her other fingers and shoved her hands in her lap as the student peeked around the door.

"Miss Anderson, good evening! Of course, I always have time." A smile spread across her lips as she tried to ignore the throbbing in her hand. "Wishing stars hm? What would you like to know?"

"Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."-Elie Wiesel

Interacting
@Kateri Karr
Once she was welcome in, Willow shuffled in, closing the door behind her. In her hands she held a small package. One familiar to many Professors that she had gone to for help. From a young age she had learned never to show up for something empty handed and this was one of those moments. Especially when she was asking for their time an ability to pick their brains on how the muggle world interacted with the wizard world.

The young badger gently set two tins on her desk that were wrapped up in a dark blue cloth with various constellations in gold on it. "Thank you, um this is tea and cookies. The tea is a blend called Earl Grey Moonlight. Because... you know... astronomy." She smiled shyly at what she thought was a clever choice. "It's like an early grey but also a vanilla flavor to balance the citrus. It also has a lot of caffeine since you have to work so late." The idea that an overnight shift required Professor Karr to sleep during the day didn't cross her mind. She assumed that she was awake for the same time as the rest of them. "There are also butter cookies in the other tin." Willow turned and sat in a chair placed in front of her desk.

"So I'm a muggle right, or I guess muggle-born since I'm a witch I'm not a muggle. Anyway, as a kid I was always told to wish on stars. Then they'd come true. The shooting stars, except the shooting stars are usually meteors and not actually stars." She took a deep breath. "Unless, somehow they are stars that are hidden from muggles somehow? I don't know. What I want to know, is if there is some department of magic that handles wishes, maybe even just for wizards. Although if there is, that's kinda unfair to muggle kids that they don't get their wishes granted just because they're muggles. But magic is real so there's gotta be some sort of system or way to grant wishes on stars... right?" Deeply out of breath, innocent blue eyes looked up at the Professor. It seemed as if her entire muggle childhood was riding on the answer to this question.

A Flower Yet to Bloom
Stamina: 7 / Evasion: 6 / Strength: 5 / Wisdom: 10 / ArcPower: 6 / Accuracy: 7
Hex Code - #259986