Astronomy

Register
Sign in

There are no stars during the day  PV Selene A 

Private roleplay with @Selene Ackermann
Note: Thread paused until August 3rd due to the thread-forwarding rule
Thread re-opened
It was lunchtime on the third day back at school.
Lucia Fox stood on one of the lower levels of the Astronomy Tower, leaning against the railing with her hair flying in the wind, looking out at the horizon.
This is almost certainly the best view in all of Hogwarts, the second-year thought to herself. Of course, the view was far better during the night hours, but what with the earlier curfew - eight o clock? Lucia saw that the Heads of House had their reasoning, but surely eight was a bit much - she couldn't come up to look at the stars unless it was a lesson now.
At least it was autumn, and would be winter soon. In the winter, the sun would set much earlier and she would hopefully be able to see the stars then.
Today, the sky was clouded but splinters of glorious sunlight occasionally forced their way through and the whole area seemed to become warmer.
If anyone else had been up with Lucia, the girl would have held her robe down with one hand, but as it was she could see no-one, so for once she paid no heed to how she looked. Humming a little song, Lucia gazed out across the grounds.
"Second year," she murmured to herself, "Can you believe it?"
Last edited by Lucia Fox on 10th August 2020, 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

==
#00308F
ency
==
it will cost you nothing to dream, and everything not to
Part-Veela • Alluring • Sta 5 • Eva 8 • Stre 4 • Wis 8 • Arc 4 • Acc 6

@Lucia Fox
Eavesdropping was a habit that Selene had ever since she was young, old habits die hard. She couldn't help but notice a girl with wavy black hair-occupying the place Selene would sit on if she needed someplace for herself since honestly, her dormitory is way too crowded sometimes-Don't get Selene wrong, the only main people that's active in her dorm would only be Opila Seilun and Ironwoods, but it's still uncomfortable to cry in. Selene needed peace, Hufflepuff will always be on fire or so she learned. She was now a second year at this school full of...Drama? Fantasy? Fantasy seems more fitting but with the whole high-school theme going on with everyone and how everyone already seems to have their first kisses-mind you, they were only 12 to 13 years old. Aside from the other upperclassmen. Let's not get started on that.

Nevertheless, as soon as she saw the girl she thought of many ways for the girl to leave. Well, her first but the riskiest tactic which she sometimes uses would definitely be pouring a bucket at her. But unfortunately, it was lunchtime so the percentage of risk would be really high-with her getting sick and all and Selene having to waste money for the girl's treatment. Selene couldn't help but roll her eyes having to use another plan. What about being her usual bitchy self? Well, Selene partly had the energy for it but she'll retort that plan to Plan-B. Wait, why was the girl here in the first place? Selene's nosy so come on, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Was the girl having one of those moments where the person thinks about their life and how far they've come or-suddenly feeling nostalgic and remember something that gets them all sappy? Hey, the moon is rising and the sky loves the sun so much it'll let it have the spotlight instead, the un is the biggest star out of everything after all-yet, the spotlight will always move place between the sun and the moon. It reminded her of an old story her dearest Aunt once told her as she goes to bed-can't believe how naive Selene was back then.

' There once was a moon, as beautiful as can be, only the stars could fathom, but the sun could not see. The sun so radiant, he burns so brightly. The moon so luminous, but only showed her face during the night. She was untouchable, surrounding herself with a blanket of darkness. The sun would give anything to catch a glimpse of the Moon illuminating the beautiful night sky. Until one day when the Sun was sliding out of the heavens, he caught a glimpse of her. She was peeking up, a rare side of her being exposed to the light. And while the Sun could shine, he knew the Moon could glow.

Just as the Stars were wandering into the night, the Sun fell in love like a snowball hurtling down a mountain. How he wished to see her move than the fleeting moments he shared with her at both dawn and dusk. But they were a world apart.

“Go,” she whispered to him one of those nights, her voice as sweet and sorrowful as the last light of morning. “Go and let me breathe, for you and I have decided fates. You illuminate the day, and I cast a glowing on the night. We will never be. Our connection would go against what all the people believe, all they know” During the summer he would stay a little longer just in case she would change his mind. It was no use.

“Don’t you dare abandon your blessing of light for my darkness.” And those were the last words the Moon was strong enough to speak to the Sun. The Sun could feel her peaceful soul and it soon became clear. He would die each and every night to let his true love breathe, for it would put an end to all her misery.'

Selene blinked a couple of times as she remembered what it felt like to be at home. She misses it, and she misses the internet and watching Japanese cartoons while tending to the garden or forging her Father's autograph. Great, the homesick disease is infecting her with the presence of the girl in front of her. Maybe the girl was homesick or something else? Either way, Selene reached to grab a white feather-she was known to be sneaky after all. She then slowly crept behind the girl and tickled the girl's side neck with the feather. "No, everything-all of this is just a weird dream. We live in a world that will never cease to exist-we ourselves do not exist." Selene said in a hypnotizing manner.

"♬You're never fully dressed without a smile~♪♫"

Interacting with @Selene Ackermann
Lucia had thought she was alone. Maybe that was what made her jump and spin around, her right arm flying out and - oh no - hitting a girl standing behind her on the cheek and pushing her arm away.
The girl looked quite similar to her at first glance, with milky skin and black hair, but after a second - during which Lucia thought 'Merlin's beard,' several times over - she saw that the girl had brown streaks in her hair.
She was holding a white feather, with which she seemed to have been using to tickle Lucia's neck (which was definitely not something the Hufflepuff appreciated) and wearing robes adorned with the Slytherin crest.
As her face went from ivory white to flushed red in anger, Lucia fought to restrain herself from shouting at this girl - they were on the top of the astronomy tower, she could have caused both of them an injury! But no, if Lucia shouted it was likely that someone from the grounds below would hear and come up, which the girl definitely didn't want happening. It was only the third day back! She couldn't get a detension yet!
Her features seemingly becoming more bird-like by the second, a mere hint at her Veela ancestry, Lucia said icily, "I'm sorry. But, you know, people don't usually appreciate it when others creep up behind them and start whispering in their ears. Especially when they're standing on a tower."

==
#00308F
ency
==

Selene couldn't help but stifle a laugh as her lips curled into a small grin, she threw away the feather since it is now useless. Hey! She's a devious young girl, and devious means mischievous in so many forms. Selene examined as the girl's face turned into redder than a potato, but hopefully not hotter than a stove. Gryffindors take pride in their house colors of course, even if it only reminds the morbid ones of blood and death-the edgy ones. But who knows? The person could be in other houses aside from that-besides, Selene's just a stranger to the person in front of her, and so is she to her, or them. Selene wouldn't want to be an idiot on something that to her can be somewhat offensive-in some sort of way. Hence why she'll need to be careful, she wouldn't want to end up the same way as one of Ironwoods' victims-not because she was scared, no. It would be tedious to calm the student down. Selene looked at the girl in front of her, particularly their hair. Reminds her of Selene's thick hair-oh to thank god, someone else knows the suffering of having thick hair and ones that's grey of stress. It happens, especially for an heiress. Selene took one more look at the girl. No, this was not amusing enough-not even for Selene, but hey-who knows if one thing may lead to another one?

"I'm sorry. But, you know, people don't usually appreciate it when others creep up behind them and start whispering in their ears. Especially when they're standing on a tower."
ah yes, underline the fact that the both of them were standing on a tower-one of the lower levels. The word lower is in a vocabulary for something you know. Selene took a couple few ups on the stairs, sitting down leaning sideways to the wall. She crossed her legs and arms displaying her thumb, if one knows body language then it'll be easy to know the aura she has. "Do I really? I'm the one who did something yet you're apologizing, sugar~ What? Afraid your words will sting?" Selene taunted the girl. Hey, they were now in second year-as the other student exclaimed, they still have more to not care what it's like to have more responsibilities. What is a responsible adult anyways? She was sure as hell that responsible is somehow someway a rare word in the real world. Selene took a piece of gum from her pocket and started chewing-don't worry, she's been taught too many etiquettes to keep her mouth silent whenever she's chewing that it's used to being silent. Of course, she only becomes the heiress when it's necessary and right now? here at Hogwarts? Who the hell cares? everyone is nothing more than strangers until they've become someone. Why would they care if you're showing what side of yourself to them? They're called strangers for a reason. Selene tilted her head to the side, "Let me guess," She raised one hand to make a pistol sign, straight to the girl, "Hufflepuff?" Then 'pop!' the bubblegum exploded. My-my what perfect timing, writing makes everything look so easy even a wardrobe that leads to Narnia looks so easy..with how many times she tried to get to Narnia before finally realizing the symbolism of it all.

" You know," Selene teased as she air quoted those words. "We're not going to die if we fall at this level, so if you're referring to that then, oh well. None of my business but you do you." She eyed the girl from up and down before raising her eyebrows sarcastically. although if this were on a serious note, this will be another conversation-a drastically different one. "Getting tickled by a feather is better than getting water poured on a stranger...not like this one rumor that I know of." Selene said, shrugging as she said the last sentence, gossip girl really first her. "So since I'm nosy and all that, what got your head in a rattle, stranger?"
@Lucia Fox

Reducio

Finally got my laptop fixed! Sorry for the long wait!

"♬You're never fully dressed without a smile~♪♫"

Ack, so sorry for such a late reply, @Selene Ackermann!
If there were three cities named Dumfounded, Angry, and Confused, Lucia Fox would be standing slap-bang in the middle of them.
"I'm the one who did something - yet you're apologising, sugar."
Sugar?! What kind of a nickname was that?!
"In case you haven't noticed," Lucia said through gritted teeth, "I did do something. I'm apologising for hitting you, just like you should be apologising for creeping up on me!"
"What? Afraid your words will sting?"
Lucia's mouth almost fell open. She had, luckily, never dealt with bullies before, but this girl certainly seemed to be one - and proud of it, too. That was perhaps the worst part. Leaning against the railing, Lucia replied (not missing the fact that the girl seemed to be ignoring her, popping something in her mouth), "Well of course I'm afraid they'll sting!" she said, obviously exasperated. "Not everyone likes making other people feel bad, you know!
"Let me guess. Hufflepuff?"
Lucia didn't answer verbally, just tucked some hair behind her ear to reveal her Hufflepuff crest.
She didn't want to stereotype, but this girl reminded her of a Gryffindor or Slytherin - confident, and keeping hold of her cliché cheerleader mean-girl attitude.
"You know, we're not going to die if we fall at this level, so if you're referring to that then, oh well. None of my business - but you do you."
"I didn't mean die, for Merlin's sake," Lucia said, and turned to peer over the edge of the handrail (not without checking that the girl no longer held the feather) "But you'd break something, I bet, and I don't want to spend tonight in the Hospital Wing. I doubt you do either!"
A sudden burst of wind blew her hair from her face behind her, and Lucia didn't hear what the girl said next.

==
#00308F
ency
==