Register
Sign in

Midnight Adventures  PV Alina Rosier   Closed 

@Alina Rosier
---
Word count: 200
---
Cont. of It's All in the Wrist
Rose Moon followed Alina through the silent castle, easing her foot down as she walked so her footsteps made absolutely zero noise on the hard floor. She kept looking over her shoulder to make sure they weren't being followed or seen. Alina was leading her through the dark to the Astronomy Tower so Rose could see the view of the stars. Rose would feel really bad if she had dragged the loyal Hufflepuff into trouble just so she could see the stars from up here. It was going to be worth it, though. At least, she kept telling herself that.

As they finally arrived, her breath caught.

It was beautiful. Breathtaking. She felt like running up to the rail, leaning against it, and bursting into song. Maybe do a random musical number.

But she couldn't move. And she didn't know if she could go up to the railing, if anyone could see her there. She decided she would watch what Alina did, since Alina knew best about these things.

"It's so beautiful," she whispered, taking it all in. Testing her gaze from the stars, she caught Alina's eye, telling her, "Thank you. Thank you so so so much. It's amazing."
OOC: Hey, I made this because we weren't on the grounds anymore. Hope it's okay with you.

#DragonsCanDanceToo
Support the movement.
Stamina|6| Evasion|5| Strength|9|
Wisdom|4| Arcane Power|7| Accuracy|4|

Interacting with @Rose Moon

"It really is, isn't it?" she agreed and then motioned for her friend to follow her. The two of them walked up to the railing of the Tower and looked out to the landscape that seemed to continue on forever, to the heavens above and into continuous space.

"Last time I was here I quoted Ralph Waldo Emerson, but I'll save you the experience," she laughed. But it had caught her attention, the view. "I never knew it could look like this." It must have had something to do with Hogwarts location within the Scottish Highlands because it was all absolutely perfect.

"I don't know much about Astronomy. I never do very well in those math-based sciences like Astronomy and Transfigurations." Boy was she glad Hogwarts didn't have Physics and some of those other sort of studies! "Knowing the distance something is from the sun just doesn't seem all that interesting...the facts. I like it how back in the Ancient Greek and Roman times they'd make up stories from the constellations. It was so much more enchanted like that."

She was probably talking too much, babbling on as Rose just wanted to take in the view so she grew quiet and let her friend's mind wander with the stars. She looked out too because the view had a way of capturing your attention, whether you were interested in the stars themselves factually or with their ancient stories they once told.

Let your confidence shine, pretty girl. <3

@Alina Rosier
---
Word count: 237
The starry sky stretched out in front of Rose and Alina, catching their attention and entrancing them in it's beauty. "Yeah," Rose replied softly. She followed Alina to the railing, leaning against it.
Rose laughed at Alina's joke, it had tickled her. "I don't mind you quoting people. I kinda wish I could memorize some quotes and use them at just the right time, but all I know are the ones everyone knows and quotes from books I've read so many times, it's imprinted in my brain." It was funny, she always wanted to start doing that, but never got around to it. She didn't really know how, either. Where to start?
"I was expecting it to be beautiful, but..." Rose started. She then hesitated, at a loss for words, finishing, "Wow. Just wow."
She listened to Alina talk about Astronomy, which was appropriate since they were on the Astronomy Tower and looking sat the stars.
"Yeah, memorizing facts has never been my thing either. Dates and numbers... Unless there's a song, they don't seem to stick," she replied with a small smile.
It was strange, Rose honestly didn't mind friends who rambled, as long as they listened when she had something to say. If they were good friends, she would actually be soothed when they started rambling.
"What would you say your favorite subject is? It's a hard question, the classes here are all pretty amazing..."

#DragonsCanDanceToo
Support the movement.

Her favorite subject? Did she really have one? "Can lunch be considered a subject?" she asked jokingly and smiled to her friend. "I suppose I'd say it's a mix up of Potions and Herbology. I think I want to go into Healing and both of those subjects cover that subject. It catches my interest, but honestly...I'm not very strong in any of the subjects."

That was something she didn't normally admit but Rose could probably guess it having been her Charms partner. That, and she knew she could trust Rose with that admission. "I'm hoping to get my grades up before the end of term. My father will freak enough seeing my house sprawled on the top of the report card, I don't need bad marks to go along with it."

She looked out at the stars though and grew quiet. "I'm going to miss this place over the summer. When I first got here I didn't know how I'd feel about it but now...I don't really want to be anywhere else." She certainly didn't want to be at home where it was so lonely, but at least they were planning a sleepover.

"I'm sure your favorite class is Charms. You've had a brilliant partner for the year, after all," she grinned to her friend.

[Word Count: 215]

@Alina Rosier
---
Word count: 228
"No, I don't think lunch is a subject," Rose replied jokingly to Alina's joke. Her heart melted a little bit in empathy when Alina admitted her dad would freak at her being in Hufflepuff. She knew it was sappy, but she didn't want to just brush Alina's fears away like they didn't matter.
"Alina," she whispered, then continued softly, her voice as sweet and smooth as honey, dolloped with comfort, "You're... Well, you're you. I wouldn't have you any other way. And your father may not realize what an amazing daughter he has in you yet, but I can see it clear as crystal. You're funny and kind and thoughtful... You risked getting in trouble, getting detention, to be here with me, so I can see the stars. And you're beautiful. So beautiful. Even more so on the inside. I don't care what House you're in or how good your marks are, you're you. And sometimes," Rose's eyes glittered with realization (and maybe some tears). "Sometimes it's a lot harder to be yourself rather than the person you're expected to be. But its much more admirable," she added. Those words had popped into her head, and Rose realized she needed to hear them, too.
"Yup, mine is Charms," Rose replied, her smile reaching her eyes. "Even without my amazing partner, though she does make it much more amazing."

#DragonsCanDanceToo
Support the movement.

Mushy? She didn't care. Alina came over and hugged her friend Rose and smiled to her. "I'm glad you're my friend, Rose. You're one of the closest I have here at Hogwarts." And probably the only one she was close to that wasn't in Hufflepuff.

"Maybe since you could see past some of my downfalls, he can too?" It was a stretch but wouldn't it be amazing if that really were the case? Who knows, maybe. And maybe he'd go about it in the way he always did with things and not care. Maybe he wouldn't even be home. It was a nice thought too.

"I can't see stars like this in Surrey," she said of her hometown. Rose would see it over the summer and she was glad she was going to be visiting. "We live in a quiet neighborhood, in fact you can't see or hear a neighbor at all, but there's still too much city lights with it being only about an hour from London. I never knew the stars could really look like this. I figured it was a trick of the camera in some photographs," but here it was laid out before them in the night sky above Hogwarts. "What's it like where you live?"

[Word Count: 210]

@Alina Rosier
---
Word count: 252
Rose returned Alina's hug, rubbing her back comfortingly. You, too," she replied. "I don't know where if be right now without you... Lonely probably. I guess we owe it all to Professor Vernatis for pairing us up in Charms that day..." It was so amazing how one random choice could lead to an amazing friendship.
"Of course your dad can. He'll come to his senses," Rose's voice was very convincing even though she had never even met Alina's dad, she had only heard about him from her. She just hoped Alina's dad would drop it- Hufflepuff, so what? She really didn't want Alina to be the child that was forgotten about, looked down on in comparison to her "perfect" (or perfect in her dad's eyes at least) identical twin, Bella.
"Mm, it's so..." Rose searched for the right word. "Fascinating how photographers can do that. Where I live which is in a smallish house down a trail in the woods, the only thing locking the stars are the automatic lights on our house- though you can avoid those- and the trees. The best view is from the roof of our house, though the view from my window isn't bad either...
Rose sighed and admitted, "I don't know if I ever want to leave this place, and I can't wait until next year... I mean, I miss my little siblings and my mom, but it's... Just so amazing here,." She did a little scoff at herself. "I don't know, that might be weird,"
OOC:
1) I know the charms professor might change, but eh
2) I have no idea what Poplar is like, I'm so sorry

#DragonsCanDanceToo
Support the movement.

"We are definitely going up on that roof if I come visit your house," she smiled. Rose had mentioned going up there before and Alina had yet to think of doing that! Although, Updown Court didn't really lend itself to roof sitting, she didn't think.

"Maybe we could fit in a trip to the planetarium while you visit," she said, knowing Rose liked Astronomy. It wasn't like seeing the stars in person but it was learning about them and that helped make everything more interesting for when you did see the vast expansive sky like this.

"There's the Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium in Winchester but I've heard the Peter Harrison Planetarium in London is better. I haven't been to either though. It could be an adventure! I thought perhaps we maybe could even take the train in. Maybe. I don't really know how efficient or safe muggle transportation is."

Speaking of safe she looked over to Rose. "We'd have someone go with us, I'm sure. One of the help. We wouldn't have the London streets to ourselves to be kidnapped." She paused at this though. If she had been kidnapped, she wondered how long it would even take for someone to realize she was gone. Probably a good long while, as it had been a year now since her father had still not realized she wasn't in Slytherin. She had never really SAID she had been put there, she hadn't lied, but she left that whole entire part out and he never seemed to realize any different.

@Alina Rosier
---
Word count:200
"We definitely will," Rose replied, then she smiled. Her roof wasn't pointed like most roofs. It went up and then abrubtly flattened out, making it look very cottage-y and modest, not to mention very easy to climb up on. "That's so thoughtful of you. I would love to do that. Maybe my mom could take us or my bug sister Faith. She's only fourteen, though. Maybe I could ask one of my aunts of uncles or big cousins to take us? I think it's unlikely we would get kidnapped, but it would always be safer if we had someone with us. I don't know of any planetariums near my house, but that sounds so fun."
Rose thought a moment of another topic and one sprang into her mind. "Oh! I meant to ask you, are you going to the Hogwarts Summer Camp?" she asked, curious. "It might put off dangerous conversations with your dad," she added, half joking. She knew Alina was hurting more than she let on and didn't want to act insensitive, though she hoped it wouldn't hurt to joke about it. "I'm going. It looks really fun..." Rose really hoped she was. Maybe they could be tentmates.

#DragonsCanDanceToo
Support the movement.

"I want to...even Hufflepuff will be competing and my dormmate might play but..."
she sighed, already knowing the outcome of it all. "My father's going to want Bella and I home for the Summer. He's not going to have us stay longer than we have to, especially with one of his charity events so close to the start of Summer. We're expected to be there, look nice, stay quiet....give off the perception of the perfect family, after all."

But she knew others would have fun. It sounded like fun and she hoped if there was something during the summer months of her other years of Hogwarts that she'd participate. It wasn't in the cards for her that summer. "You'll have so much fun though and you can tell me all about it," she smiled.

"It won't be all miserable for me though. I'll be going to stay with Clifton for a Summer at his house in Rye which is along the coast and the beach. And then we'll have our sleepover after the Summer program and before you know it we will be right back here." Alina was rather looking forward to second year...it meant all the adventure without any of the chaos in trying to figure everything out.

[Word Count: 209]

· • —– ٠ ▹◃ ٠ —– • ·
@Rose Moon and @Alina Rosier
Kateri had been in her tower that evening as with any other, office hours tended to run a little longer than she expected them too at times so often she would be sure to have set up for class ahead of time and prepare for a long night. As per usual, the main door to the classroom was open since the professor would be residing in the tower for the evening, though the above observation deck was still locked with an enchantment to keep out any curious students. Though she was aware of some students trying to sneak their way into the tower only to be surprised when Kateri poked her head out from behind her shelves, or returned from a back room to find them leaning close to the magical barrier that surrounded the tower, invisible to the eye as well as their fear as the students peered over the railing.

Often they would jump in shock, not realizing that when they thought they had been alone, the young woman was actually busy working away on research, future lectures or helping another student that had come to talk or take advantage of her office hours. Tonight seemed no different, after her class was finished for the evening should she have one, another young student would find their way to the tower. Observing them for a moment before walking over, arms crossed in front of her waist, Kateri would smile and ask them, "If you two don't need anything I do believe it is well past time to be in bed." Should they require assistance with homework or the like, have a question of their own, need a place to quietly study or read, or possibly an ear to listen, Kateri would offer it to them. Otherwise she would make it known that it was reaching curfew, if not already past the clearly stated 10 o’clock curfew set in place at Hogwarts and usher them towards the door, letting them know they needed to return to their dorm.

OOC Note: The Astronomy tower is always locked to students when the Professor is not in attendance, there is no class, outside office hours, or other supervision. I do not mind if you thread in this area just be aware I will roll to catch you, as you might think you are alone but I am in the office... watching... Though I always like when people are mindful of the curfew and possibly take advantage of the space in order to develop their character. Feel free to owl me or reach out on discord should you have questions or an idea to thread in the tower.
You may respond to the Professor, though I will lock the thread after 72 hours.

"Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."-Elie Wiesel

@Alina Rosier
---
@Kateri Karr
Rose answered, "Don't worry, I will." She didn't want Alina to feel left out and hoped she would have a good time at home.
Then she heard another voice from behind her.
She whipped around.
Rose's stomach sank as she realized it was Professor Kateri Karr. "It's not Alina's fault!" she said quickly. "I just wanted..." she realized it felt very childish now, as she said it. "To see the stars," she peeped. "We'll just... We'll just go now." taking one last look at the incredible view, Rose started to make her way out of the tower, intending to get away before Professor Karr could say anything else or give them detention. She glanced behind her to see if Ali a was following. Once they got down to the bottom of the staircase, Rose stopped Alina and whispered, "Thank you. Thank you so much. And as for your dad, well, I hope it goes well and he realizes how amazing you are." she gave Alina one last hug before swiftly making her way towards the Gryffindor common room, while Alina made her way down to the Hufflepuff Common Room.
This Midnight Adventure may have been against the rules, but it had been worth it.

#DragonsCanDanceToo
Support the movement.