Astronomy

Register
Sign in
  Back

The Sun is a Star  PV Albert Peshkov   Closed 

-------☆-------
Claudia reveled in the silence that had washed over the school grounds. The absence of noise wasn’t common for her, as with her younger siblings and noisy dorm room. It seemed as if even the library couldn’t hush up its sparse whisperings! So when Claudia was very stressed or just needed some alone time, she went to the astronomy tower.

Some went to the common room, where they could socialize and spend time in the warmth of their friends. Those people found their sanctuary in the noise. They were social and daring, people Claudia tried to steer clear away from.

Some went to the bathrooms, where they could think to themselves. No one heard them in there, no one knew their thoughts. So in the bathroom they could keep their secrets and discuss them to their own self. These people had secrets they wanted to keep. It was true Claudia had secrets - many, in fact - but it wasn’t because she was trying to hide. She just didn’t have anyone to share them with.

Some went to the library where they could stick their nose into a book and clear their head. Lost in the abyss of a different world, they could escape from the watchful eyes of reality. These people just needed some alone time to clear their mind. When Claudia wasn’t particularly stressed she went there.

Some were in the library, yes, but more specifically were in the study room. They wanted to dig down deep into their studies because they wanted to do something productive. They were the more reasonable people who went to the library,

But some were scattered throughout the castle, trying to find the quiet. These people wandered around and around until they got lost. These people were a mix of many different places and different thoughts. You could never tell what they were thinking. This was Claudia.

So Claudia had found her sanctuary in the astronomy tower. She could never tell when someone was there, and wanted to be able to sit it the quiet. In the tower, people shared their greatest secrets, their greatest fears. In the tower, Claudia felt as if in her second home.

The library was her first.

Claudia squeezed her hand while clutching the railing. If someone walked up to her, she would have her whole illusion ruined. But when she stole a glance to her left, she knew that wasn’t true. Two girls stood side by side just staring at the stars. Sharing a deep friendship from the depths of their minds. It was a silent friendship, yet one so deep. Like their minds were communicating when their mouths were not.

The astronomy tower was a sanctuary of peace, but also a sanctuary of minds. People came and people went, stirring up deep and thoughtful friendships when they were complete strangers. Maybe Claudia was wishing for one of those kinds of people. One that would listen to her without being noisy and rude. Even if that was what she was like.

Maybe Claudia needed someone like that. Maybe what she was yearning for was... a friend.

Or maybe not.
-------☆-------

☆ Claudia Gears, First Year ☆
Confusion... personified; the awkwardness is real.

Albert strolled along the corridors of the school. The strong stone framework ensured that, despite his heavy footsteps, he barely made a sound. He enjoyed the way the cold air stung his face and passed through his hair, it made him feel almost alive. As if he belonged here. He could spend hours roaming the halls, but he really wanted to explore a new part of the castle. A part of the castle with a view. Somewhere where he could reflect on the immense week of sorting, house placement, and learning the ways of a school where people literally f*cking fly on sticks.

He decided to climb the staircase. There was something wonderful about climbing a steep staircase. The cool stones seemed to sink underneath him. Maybe I'm just getting carried away, he thought.

Astronomy tower, huh, he mused. Seems like a new potential hideout.

The expansive tower opened into the air, and seemed to meld with the landscape around it. Almost perfect. And, finally, a view. He could see all of the grounds, dotted with the busybodies and professors, and the occasional owl darting past. He still had an irrational fear of owls, but at least it wasn't acro- or claustrophobia.

He looked up. The stars shined through the night sky. They seemed to poke through the blackness like little pinholes. He knew many of them - Sirius, Rigel, Polaris, Vega. Their brightness looked pearly, a soft luster on the night sky. The light pollution was next to none here.

There were three people in the tower. Albert's vision was not too good, but he could make out the silhouette of two people standing tightly, and a single girl, standing alone.

Maybe a potential friend?

He decided to introduce himself, "Hi, I'm Albert, what's your name?"

He hoped he hadn't come across as too awkward or scripted.

Maybe, just maybe...

-------☆-------

@Albert Peshkov
Claudia tensed as she saw some of the shadows shift. Someone was there. She tightened her grip on the railing. Maybe the newcomer - however they were - would just pass her by. Claudia hoped they would pass her by. However she truly felt inside, her brain told her that she was in the mood for quiet, not conversation.

Or maybe the new arrival was there to... push her off? Claudia quickly racked her brain for anyone she had made mad, but she couldn’t find anyone who would want to kill her. Or maybe that was what someone wanted her to think. Maybe - just maybe - someone was tricking her into thinking they didn’t have a grudge against her, when they really did. Claudia quickly switched her stance to one that would make her hard to push off.

The shadows haven’t shifted in a while. Maybe someone doesn’t want to talk? Or maybe no one’s there after all. Could be that nothing’s there, or that it was a bird flying over or something. Maybe someone’s owl flew over to deliver a letter. Claudia had just convinced herself that maybe no one was there after all when suddenly a voice poked its way out from the silence.

“Hi, I’m Albert, what’s your name?l the voice asked. Claudia let out a soft sigh - one she hoped that the stranger hadn’t noticed - and turned toward the direction of the noise. Coincidentally, that was also where the shadows had changed.

I guess I wasn’t so lucky after all, she thought wearily, someone really is there.

“My name - oh, um, it’s C-Claudia.” she almost slapped herself for seeming not to know her name, but compared to some of her other introductions it wasn’t that bad. Maybe she talked better when faced with an invisible stranger. Actually, maybe she just fared better when she didn’t know and couldn’t see the person talking to her. Either way, it was less awkward for her. Then - rather hesitantly - she added, “Why don’t you step... um, forward so I can see you?” Claudia hated to push away the one thing that could allow her to tone down on her awkwardness, but it seemed like the polite thing to do. Or maybe the real reason wasn’t that she couldn’t see them, but that she was just more relaxed than usual.

“I mean... Al- Albert, right? No need to be afraid of the light.” she quipped, trying to ease both the stranger and her up.
-------☆-------

Albert flinched as the girl tensed up right before him. I'm not some creep , he angrily thought. She was clearly positioning herself to avoid falling. Either she's scared or crazy.

He approached, more silently. There was no need to scare someone he set out to talk to. Furthermore, there was no need to scare anyone bracing against a railing.

The girl spoke, albeit hesitantly, and in a choppy manner.“My name - oh, um, it’s C-Claudia.”

Claudia. Albert had never heard the name. She seemed fairly approachable, despite the apparent timorous nature she seemed to exhibit. Seemed to, that's a key word here, Albert recalled.She might ease up later on.

“I mean... Al- Albert, right? No need to be afraid of the light," she stuttered. He stepped into view, in hopes of easing Claudia off. He was no stranger to being jumpy, but he had never seen this before.

Maybe he interrupted her, or woke her up from a daydream. Maybe she was looking at the stars. Who could tell, anyway.

Well, this is going to be an interesting conversation, two people who cannot hold one, attempting to converse.

"So what brings you tothe Astronomy tower, the view or -?" Albert also found himself stumbling around for words. He hoped she wouldn't mind.

"The view, or the stars?"

-------☆-------

@Albert Peshkov
Albert stepped into the moonlight a few inches off of where Claudia’s eye was before. He was a rather short boy with - coincidentally - black hair and grey eyes. Instead of easing her up however, Claudia became more tense. She probably would have eased up except for the fact that the boy looked a little like her, but as a male - a male with two eyes. It was like Claudia was looking at herself before her accident.

He’s lucky. Lucky he has two eyes. If... I would’ve looked like that before my eye was eaten up. If I was a boy... Claudia shuddered and a tear fell down her face. A single tear, shed in place of the ones she should shed every time she looks in the mirror. A single tear, for the thousands. Claudia swiftly ran the palm of her hand over her face, erasing all evidence of her emotions.

“So what brings you to the Astronomy tower, the view or -?” Albert paused, as if lost for words, “The view, or the stars?”

Claudia shrugged, “Can’t I just be here for both?” She turned back to the railing, hair being tossed around gently by the wind. “It’s nice out here - consulting with the... silence.” Claudia sighed and turned back around, thinking that Albert would feel slightly left out if she wasn’t facing him.

“A-Albert... why do you come to the Astronomy tower?” She wondered if he came for the same reasons as her: silence and peace. Or maybe he came for the mystery of it all. Whatever his reasons, Claudia would understand.

Claudia decided to remove but one hand off the railing and adjusted her pose to seem more comfortable. She trusted Albert - to the extent he wouldn’t push her off, that is - and didn’t think that the boy wouldn’t have any malicious intent towards her. After all, he looked sort of... timid to Claudia.
-------☆-------

@Claudia Gears

Claudia appeared to recoil as Albert stepped into view. Maybe it would be better to keep his face obscured. I wonder why. He could tell that she was visibly upset, and trying to stifle tears. Luckily for her, Albert was a fairly cordial person. Unluckily, Albert had a penchant for observing things, and people were surely no exception.

Claudia shrugged, “Can’t I just be here for both?”

The wind parted her hair and whipped it about. Despite being a Scotsman himself, Albert hated the weather.

“It’s nice out here - consulting with the... silence.”

She probed him, in her stuttered voice, why he had come.

"I don't know," he said, "I'm just waiting for a place where I can reflect. Hogwarts has been such a big experience and I haven't taken the time to figure everything out yet."

That was an understatement. Albert was quite overwhelmed by being in a school with overt magic on the grounds. He was still a little shell-shocked from the stories of magic that his mother used to tell him - scary, yet cautionary tales. However, he hoped to discover the true nature of magic in the time to come. Thus, he was stuck snooping around the grounds like a petty criminal.

Despite being fairly well-mannered, he impulsively questioned her, although now was definitely not the time.

"What ... Happened to the eye?"

-------☆-------

@Albert Peshkov
Claudia flinched at the overwhelming question that was lying under the surface. It was inevitable, that question was, and was waiting to strike. Claudia knew that sooner or later, it would be the same question that everyone would ask. Eventually. Over and over again, she would live through the same moments, the same pity... the same lies. Both her and the other, Claudia knew. They would unleash their fake pity and Claudia would release her fake whatever. Claudia would pretend not to care, like it was nothing. Nothing at all. Like it was really nothing. How could it be nothing? A life changing event could never be nothing, yet everyone rode along the pretending train, on the web of lies that were the tracks. The foundation.

What was the foundation for lies? The ground? The soil. But what was the soil? Truth? Are lies built on truths, or are lies the opposite of truths? They can be either, but never the same. Never the same.

Sooner or later, the question would come.

“I don’t know,” There it was. A voice in the silence. The tenseness. The peacefulness. “I’m just waiting for a place where I can reflect. Hogwarts has been such a big experience and I haven’t taken the time to figure everything out.” Albert said.

Claudia shook her head. She didn’t agree with Albert’s claim. To say Hogwarts was a big experience was an understatement. Hogwarts was a life changing event. Once you went to Hogwarts and found out you had magic your life changed. No longer did you life your life normally. You had to lie, to deceive, to cover up your magic. You couldn’t even tell your muggle friends the truth. But that wasn’t a problem for Claudia. For she had no muggle friends whatsoever.

Claudia sensed the tenseness grow thicker. Now, she foreshadowed, here comes the question.

“What... Happened to the eye?” Albert asked hesitantly. There it was. The question Claudia hated so much.

Claudia’s left hand instinctively reached up to brush her eyepatch. “Wouldn’t you like to know.” She said bitterly. Then she thought better of it. “It’s nothing really... j-just a scratch. Really. I got involved with a magical creature that scratched me. I just don’t like to... show it.*” she lied. The wind stroke again, as if pushing herself to tell the truth and Claudia raised her hands annoyingly to tamper down her hair.

“You know... people ask that and I don’t understand why. They don’t get anything out of it, and I guess it’s kinda mysterious but...”Claudia stopped talking. “Nevermind.” Claudia sighed, “Wh-what about you? Any interesting, um, facts about you?
-------☆-------
*OOC Note: Claudia will tell different stories to different people; this is the most common one. When she talks to muggles she says it was a cat. Depending on your relationship with her the story will change and she will act differently as well. She tells this one the most often though. However, this isn’t the truth and if you want the truth you will either have to become a good friend with her or force it out of her. She knows telling different stories is safe because rumors are guaranteed to spread about her eye and ridiculous stories are to be expected.

Albert mentally slapped himself.

He should not have asked that question. Not only was it dumb, Claudia clearly tensed up and acted defensive. Albert was quite observant, and he was glad that she did not notice.

He could almost tell that she was going to tell a false truth. It could be anything, from lie by omission to pure falsehood, to standard doublespeak.

“Wouldn’t you like to know", she said in a vitriolic tone. He knew he had screwed up. Majorly. Gravely. A massive f*ck-up.

“It’s nothing really... j-just a scratch. Really. I got involved with a magical creature that scratched me. I just don’t like to... show it," she insisted. Albert knew that she was trying to tell a lie by the intensity with which she pushed the story into him. Bullshit! But, I'll be curteous and not mention it again.

The air was palpably taut, and the words the girl uttered seemed to hang in the air. Albert's brain went on repeat and he zoned a little bit. He shook his head to snap out of it.

“You know... people ask that and I don’t understand why. They don’t get anything out of it, and I guess it’s kinda mysterious but..." She was clearly angry about his question.

"I mean- well .. you- you were touching the eyepatch and you were crying a touch and I-
Noticed you were clearly upset about it. I'm sorry."

“Nevermind.” “Wh-what about you? Any interesting, um, facts about you", she probed.

Albert was about to respond, but he had realized something. If she was not able to divulge serious information, then he shouldn't. Maybe she viewed their relationship as disposable, or single-use-only. Maybe he was being too cautious. Who knows anymore. It's so difficult to gauge another person's trustworthiness.

Maybe a secret could open her up, however. It could be the start of something nice. A meaningful friendship, perhaps.

"Well, turns out that I'm a half blood," he spat.

Quick to defend himself, he said, "but it doesn't - change who I am, or my abilities... I hope you get it. More about you?"

-------☆-------
@Albert Peshkov
Claudia knew she had tensed the mood by being defensive with her eye. She knew that she probably shouldn’t have acted touchy about it - after all, she had had it for some years now - but it was just a dark subject for her. It reminded her that she wasn’t like everyone else. She was exactly like a cliché dandere type: distant and shy, and only her eyepatch set her apart, yet her eyepatch made her different and a freak. It added a layer of mystery, of hurt, and Claudia didn’t want to be known for it. Rumors in the halls about others weren’t about some physical feature, they were about their choices. But for Claudia, those rumors were all about her eyepatch. Not many, but still enough to dominate everything else.

Everything, everything was about her eyepatch. Others were all blind to everything else. The kind pitied her, the rude or blunt asked her, the sly tricked her into telling them, the evil thought she was a freak, and everyone else thought she was “cool” or “interesting” because of it. But she isn’t interesting because of her eyepatch! How cool would she be if she took it out, revealing an empty socket where her eye once lay? Would they marvel then? No, they would scream. She would be a horror, a monstrosity. So why isn’t she that: a freak? To them, she’s a lab experiment to look at. What was she to herself?

You know... people ask that and I don’t understand why. They don’t get anything out of it, and I guess it’s kinda mysterious but...”

“I mean - well.... you-you were touching the eyepatch and crying touch and i - noticed you were clearly upset about it. I’m sorry.” Albert responded.

Claudia seethed with anger. I’m sorry, he said. I’m sorry. But is he really? No one’s ever sorry. No one really cares. They’re just lucky they aren’t half-blind! Do they know how hard it is to see things? I have to turn my head to look left, and I’m always open for any attacks over there. Do they know? No! They don’t! All they have to say is I’m sorry and think I’ll forgive them. I won’t! I- Claudia clenched and unclenched her hands. She had to do something to get back at him. Something casual, yet deep. Something to make him see what it was like for her.

“Nevermind. Wh-what about you? Any interesting, um, facts about you?”She half-demanded half-questioned. She was about to say secrets but decided against it. He would understand anyway. Unless he was dense...

“Well, runs out that I’m a half blood,” he spat. Claudia raised her eyebrows. She knew half-bloods existed, but being a pure blood... they generally strayed away from her. One thing was for sure, though, if Claudia hadn’t grown up in her family that would’ve been the exact wrong thing to say. “but it doesn’t - change who I am, or my abilities... I hope you get it. More about you?”

Now this was time to make him squirm. “Half blood you say? Hm. Turns out I’m a pure blood.” she said coolly. She left out the bits about her family, however, just so that he would misunderstand. “Ok, um, th-this is something I’m not proud about. While I say I love all types of genres, I really don’t. If the main or only genre is romance, I won’t read it. I’m fine with a little side romance, but if it is the main plot of the story...” Claudia flushed from embarrassment. For a book lover, that was probably the worst thing to say.
-------☆-------

@Claudia Gears

He knew he had gone a touch too far. Being the bitter person he had perceived her as, he knew he was in for something. Perhaps she would try to use his blood against him.

She doesn't know that my mom means fuck all to me!

But, for the time being, she answered his question with a question.

"You know... people ask that and I don’t understand why. They don’t get anything out of it, and I guess it’s kinda mysterious but...”

"- mysterious?" He retorted. "It's a literal eye patch. No judgement but I was wondering how you got it. And it was definitely NOT from some magical creature. It doesn't matter to me anyways. Not that you are one for eye contact."

Plus, blind people were mildly intriguing. Half of her occipital lobe was free. Wonder what you could do with those extra neurons?

He already knew not to ask aloud so to avoid a bitter rebuke and a lost friendship, or whatever this strange relationship was.

Amidst their little conversation, she told a little more about herself.

“Ok, um, th-this is something I’m not proud about. While I say I love all types of genres, I really don’t. If the main or only genre is romance, I won’t read it. I’m fine with a little side romance, but if it is the main plot of the story...”

"Well, that sure is strange", he replied, mimicking her tone earlier when she was trying to unsettle him. Toying with someone isn't a crime, I don't think.

"Well, this may sound strange... But do you want to grab food somewhere? I'm hungry. Maybe we could go somewhere?" He asked.

Awaiting her reply, he thought to himself. Damn, she is hard to understand. Mysterious yet overt, cold yet friendly. These are polar opposites, no? Yet she's both. And she's not a large problem to keep around. She doesn't seem too annoying or screwy. Hm.

I wouldn't mind a partner in crime anyways.

-------☆-------
@Albert Peshkov
“You know... people ask that and I don’t understand why. They don’t get anything out of it, and I guess it’s kinda mysterious but...”

“- mysterious? It’s a literal eye patch. No judgement but I was wondering how you got it. And it was definitely NOT from some magical creature. It doesn’t matter to me anyways. Not that you are one for eye contact.” Albert butted in.

Claudia raised her eyebrows - well, Albert could see only one but she did anyways - and shook her head. Had she imagined the part where he had said “I’m sorry?” What had happened to that timid Ravenclaw she had seen from before? Well, she guess she liked this one better. He wasn’t afraid to contradict her...

He was kind of like Claudia, in a way.

But she knew he did care. Or did he not? If he didn’t care he wouldn’t’ve asked her. Then again, Claudia’s curiosity was the main factor in asking questions - not her feelings. Well, almost. Unless someone struck a nerve with her, Claudia was mainly chill. She didn’t know what was coming out of her mouth when she said, “Ok, Um, th-this is something I’m not proud about. While I say I love all types of genres, I really don’t. If the main or only genre is romance, I won’t read it. I’m fine with a little side romance, but if it is the main plot of the story...”

“Well, that sure is strange,” he mimicked her. Claudia just rolled her eye. Yes, she knew she was a strange person. She also was quite talkative, for an introvert. Maybe she just preferred others to approach her, instead of the other way around.

No, she thought, I just don’t like the idea of friends. Coddling you, complimenting you - Claudia stopped her thoughts. Was that what she’s was doing? She was bitter with Albert for touching a topic she didn’t want to talk about! Wasn’t she being coddled? Wasn’t she asking certain things of other people that surely was going to come? Boy am I acting immature.

“Well, this may sound strange... But do you want to grab food somewhere? I’m hungry. Maybe we could go somewhere?” he asked.

Claudia stumbled back in shock, but quickly regained herself. Even though she wasn’t hungry herself and didn’t really want to go, she didn’t want to stay and keep having to talk with Albert in a way like they were daring each other forward. Who would take the first move? Who would finally take the dare? Claudia collected up her thoughts and shrugged, “Sure.” she said simply, but with an edge to it, as if she was challenging him on.

Maybe she took the dare, but that didn’t mean Albert couldn’t too.
-------☆-------

Albert was a little taken aback by Claudia's personality. He had no clue how she could embody two polar opposite traits at a time. That sure is mysterious. The eye patch, although he didn't really care about it, also put him off. He could not elucidate whether or not she was being truthful about anything, because of the way she skillfully attempted to feed Albert a (presumed) false truth about her origin story. He could not trust her - but he wanted to.

He knew she didn't want commitment, or reciprocation, or any of that. And, it was kind of nice. Oddly alien, as most people value trust, time, and truth, but Claudia clearly didn't care. Not that she seemed to be one for conforming, or sticking to any rules. She gave off an air of - What was the word for this- lawlessness. We'll see how this pans out, Albert thought. He did understand that she probably needed to over-compensate due to her rather abnormal face. I wonder what common people say about this. Or even others at this school. Nevertheless, he would keep an open mind towards her, as she did for him.

He asked, "Well, this may sound strange... But do you want to grab food somewhere? I’m hungry. Maybe we could go somewhere?”, and the girl recoiled a slight bit. He probably knew that was coming, but she replied "Yes", so that was that. He decided to lead by climbing down the slick stone stairs of the tower. If this doesn't ease tension, I don't know what will, he thought.

"So, whats - er, your backstory... I mean how did you come to Hogwarts?'' he asked. He knew that he would probably get a lie, but it was courteous of him to try anyways. Stupidly, he added "No need to lie to me. I won't tell anybody." Well, that was dumb.

-------☆-------
@Albert Peshkov
After Claudia agreed to food, Albert started to lead the pair down the stairs of the tower. The grey stone always seemed chilled and wet to Claudia, even during a sunny day. “So what’s - er, your backstory... I mean how did you come to Hogwarts?” Albert asked her, “No need to lie to me. I won’t tell anybody.”

Claudia shot a confused glance at the boy, Well that sure was random. She was prepared for the first part, but not the last. Did Albert really see her as lying? Deceptive? Claudia knew that she had lied and misled him in parts of the conversation, but was he really that suspicious of her? It seemed... odd, strange - as many of the other students in Hogwarts didn’t even have the slightest hint of doubt that her words were lies. But Albert did... Claudia was beginning to find out that he was more and more like her, and she wasn’t sure if she liked it.

“Well,” she started, seemingly ready to tell a great tale, “I, er, got a letter.” Claudia’s face was blank, but inside she was embarrassed of her words. That was probably the lamest story ever told! No plot, no introduction, not even another paragraph! Not even another sentence. Claudia opened her mouth to try again, “I guess... I guess... well, the truth is... I really, um, really don’t know. Be-Being a pureblood and all I was pretty much guaranteed to go to Hogwarts.”

Claudia wondered for him what it was like. Not knowing if you were magical or not. Being a half-blood. Was it... frightening? Embarrassing? Did he live his whole life in doubt about him and his abilities? “But, uh, I guess it was different for you...” Claudia gulped, hoping that her words hadn’t opened a wound.

Like his had.

Like his had opened up a wound for her. But it was necessary. Some people thought it was best not to ask... probably was. But Claudia admired those who had the guts to straight-out ask her. The ones who weren’t afraid. Clearly those were the ones who didn’t actually think Claudia was different because of her missing eye. Who didn’t see her as interesting because of it. Claudia was tired of her eyepatch being the one thing people centered on.

And maybe, just maybe, she was tired of... herself.

How she was always distant, quiet. How she could never seem to force out the truth about her eyepatch. How she was just... her. She was tired of it, all of it. All of the bias, complaining... everything. Hogwarts was her new beginning, but she had already screwed it up. Her and her stupid eyepatch had screwed it up! Claudia’s brain was contradicting her actions... she just wanted it to stop, all of it! Everything to stop!

Stop.

Having a mental breakdown is not going to help.

So stop.

Claudia took a deep breath in and out. Complaining inside her head wasn’t going to help. So, to keep her mind from caving inward, she listened to Albert.
-------☆-------

Albert knew he had shocked Claudia. He knew that he could have caused real damage, and he was relieved that she did not take it in a bad way. Well, what is a bad way? Couldn't it be anything? Maybe she's just very good at masking her feelings, he thought to himself.

She did respond to his question, saying "I... er...got a letter". So everybody who comes here just gets a letter from a flying raptor-thing and attends the school? How strange. Hogwarts was still a mystical place despite Albert's stay here. New mysteries constantly unraveled themselves. Claudia continued about her experience, quite succinctly. Albert listened- well, so it appeared. He was really still thinking about how strange it was just to be owled at a first instance of magic.

“But, uh, I guess it was different for you...", she retorted. Aaand there's the retalliation. I knew it! He had seen it coming, so he acted cooly and said "No, it was the exact same for me... Some stupid animal dropped a letter in my window."

"Well - I'm still kinda surprised at the whole Hogwarts dealio. It's... a huge place and still has a somewhat imposing air to it... and I'm unsure what to make of it", he said to break the tension that was palpably high.

"I don't know much at all about this school, and it seems to get weirder every time I look at it".

· • —– ٠ ▹◃ ٠ —– • ·
@Claudia Gears and @Albert Peshkov
Kateri had been in her tower that evening as with any other, office hours tended to run a little longer than she expected them too at times so often she would be sure to have set up for class ahead of time and prepare for a long night. As per usual, the main door to the classroom was open since the professor would be residing in the tower for the evening, though the above observation deck was still locked with an enchantment to keep out any curious students. Though she was aware of some students trying to sneak their way into the tower only to be surprised when Kateri poked her head out from behind her shelves, or returned from a back room to find them leaning close to the magical barrier that surrounded the tower, invisible to the eye as well as their fear as the students peered over the railing. More often than naught, the young woman would allow students to have their moment or conversation before interrupting.

Often they would jump in shock, not realizing that when they thought they had been alone, the young woman was actually busy working away on research, future lectures or helping another student that had come to talk or take advantage of her office hours. Tonight seemed no different, after her class was finished for the evening should she have one, another young student would find their way to the tower. Observing them for awhile, since she was still in the tower as per her office hours and clearly they were too wrapped up in their conversation to notice she had been there the entire time, Kateri finally walked over, arms crossed in front of her waist, Kateri would smile and ask them, "Did you need something? It is rather late and far past curfew by the looks of it." Should they require assistance with homework or the like, have a question of their own, need a place to quietly study or read, or possibly an ear to listen, Kateri would offer it to them. Otherwise she would make it known that it was reaching curfew, if not already past the clearly stated 10 o’clock curfew set in place at Hogwarts and usher them towards the door, letting them know they needed to return to their dorm.

OOC Note: The Astronomy tower is always locked to students when the Professor is not in attendance, there is no class, outside office hours, or other supervision. I do not mind if you thread in this area just be aware I will roll to catch you as you might think you are alone but I am in the office... watching... Though I always like when people are mindful of the curfew and possibly take advantage of the space in order to develop their character. Feel free to owl me or reach out on discord should you have questions or an idea to thread in the tower.
You can respond to the Professor if you wish, though I will lock the thread after 72 hours.

"Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."-Elie Wiesel
  Back