Astronomy

Register
Sign in

Important Lessons  PV Jack Warren   Reopened 

@Jack Warren
21. April, 6.30 pm
Opeila had gone up to the Astronomy Tower to find some privacy. Her stomach had been in tight knots for days, since she got an invitaton to the Blossom Ball by a certain third year. Who had not been supposed to know about the ball just then. Actually, the little Slytherin felt sick with fear. The spiders were still a fresh memory, and she felt like she was running right into something, that might end up similar to that.

The guilt that was only held back by something that resembled a thin paper wall, was almost worse than everything else. Even months after the incident, Opeila still felt it like dark pain inside of her, only waiting to consume her, once her assumption was proven right.

Opeila walked over to the railing to watch the sun slowly go down, bathing the sky and the grounds in dark orange light. Beautiful.
The first year had forgotten to appreciate the beauty of this life she got, distracted by the danger around her and the fear that waited for her out of Hogwarts. She was exhausted. Tired of being scared, feeling pain. It was actually a wonder that her grades were still quite good. In Astronomy and Charms she had managed to only get straight Os and in Potions there had only been one E.

Opeila sat down and leaned against the railing with her left side. Let her head sink against the railing. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the last sunrays and the silence around her.
Found a moment of piece.
Little did she know, it would only be a short moment.

"It is not the people with the best intentions, that get you hurt. It is the cowards with the best intentions." -Opeila Seilun, in a moment of despair and disappointment
Stats: Stamina 6|Evasion 6|Strength 4|Wisdom 7|Arcane Power 5|Accuracy 7

@Opeila Seilun

If one were to describe a certain young Hufflepuff prefect, a tornado would be an apt description. Jack Warren has never been called calm...or organized...or quiet...or intelligent to be frank. Jack was like a tornado. He rampaged through any landscape that was unfortunate enough to have him land there. This time it was the Astronomy tower.

A shout echoed throughout the tall spire is the Astronomy tower. "Get back here, you damned stupid owl!" If the distressed shouts, the squeaking of trainers on the polished floors. A fury of feathers and talons stormed its way through the stairway entrance, and directly past the unsuspecting Slytherin girl. "Cadmus! When I catch you, I'm going to pluck every feather you have!" More threats ensued, but alas, the bird was already out in the air far away from any Hufflepuff could get him. Clutched between its evil claws was a parchment of paper.

Finally, a tall boy bull-rushed his way onto the top of the tower. Planting his right foot, Jack pulled into an abrupt stop. His chest heaved from exertion, and a sheen of sweat glistened on his brow. The anger simmered in his eyes as he saw the ass of a bird flap away from the tower. Growling, Jack turned to Opeila, "Why didn't you stop that damn bird!?" Jack knew that his anger was misplaced, but that didn't stop him transferring his outrage at George's bird to the girl that now stood in front of him. Ever since Jack had laid eyes on that bird, he hated it. Frankly, Jack could see that the feeling was mutual.

"You could've stopped it!" Was all Jack had left to say.

"No." is a complete sentence.
Stamina- 7| Evasion- 10| Strength- 7| Wisdom- 4| Arcane power- 7| Accuracy- 5
Can reach me via discord at Pickle#1934
Color code: #2F4F4F

Opeila's quiet moment was ended by the sound of trainers on the floor and shouting.
The first year frowned. What on earth was going on now?

A somehow familiar voice yelled at... an owl, it seemed. Was he chasing a bird? Opeila had met another first year before that had been chasing a cat through the basement. Not their cat. That was part of the reason why Opeila didn't help the boy. The other was that she was totally unprepared. The panicking owl- the boy called it Cadmus- was quite fast. And the Slytherin was not quite in the mood to chase birds now.

The boy- a tall boy, familiar lookong as well- looked like he had tried to catch the bird for quite a while, breathing heavily and sweating.
Opeila's brows shot up when he looked at her angrily and snapped at her why she had not stopped the bird.

She tilted her head a little. "Uhm... let me think real quick. One, the bird was hecking fast. Two, you were chasing it, so it was even faster. Three, I was not quite prepared to go bird hunting.
Why were you even chasing the poor thing? Not quite surprising that it flew off. Is that even your owl?"
If it was, he didn't know how to treat it, that much she could see.

Now she remembered the boy. He had been the guy from Jack's pool party, who had made a show jumping into it. She had seen him again when his head of house danced through the small hall.
Opeila had just never seen the Hufflepuff serious or angry.

@Jack Warren

"It is not the people with the best intentions, that get you hurt. It is the cowards with the best intentions." -Opeila Seilun, in a moment of despair and disappointment

@Opeila Seilun

Those were not the answers he was expecting. Such blatant honesty was quite annoying to the boy. He narrowed his eyes, looking at the careless girl. Jack's face twisted with annoyance "Poor thing?! That thing is a MENACE! He stole my damn letter! Why wouldn't I be chasing it?!" If it were possible, the irrationally mad boy would have steam pouring out of his ears. It was a very personal letter that the terror of a creature took off with! Of course, Jack would be furious. Imagine a dog eating somebody's homework! IT TOOK FOREVER FOR HIM TO WRITE THAT DAMN NOTE!f See Jack was no poet with words, but when he tried it wasn't too terrible.

"You could have done something! You just stood there! Like, what the hell!?" He growled. "Like a bird isn't that hard to grab ahold of! Like are you stupid or something!?" His anger was unjustly directed at the girl, but she was the only target of his irrational behavior.

All he could do was pace angrily while directing rather harsh words towards Opeila. Jack's anger was always like wildfire; once it started up, it couldn't be contained. His pacing was angry and intense. He was nearly hopping around in frustration.

That was just ridiculous. The prefect was behaving like a bad loser, like he needed someone else to blame for the owl escaping him and Opeila couldn't help but be slightly disappointed. Beginning of the year, she had felt high respect towards the prefects, but the dhampir girl, Nico Shymane, and this Hufflepuff lowered her respect. Sadly. Surely the professors had reasons for their choices... but Opeila just couldn't see them at the moment.

Opeila shook her head at the boy raging against the owl. "Yeeeeah... Maybe you should calm down." Perhaps you will realize yourself then that you are talking rubbish.
Opeila's voice was very calm still, she was not angered by the boy. He was being silly. For silliness she had nothing but contempt. "Is it a school owl? Yeah, then you might not see your letter again. If it is yours- probably either. If you borrowed it from a friend, it should come back soon, right?", she said, standing up now.

When he accused her of just standing there, Opeila raised one finger. "Uh... not exactly. I sat. And then someone ran in unexpectedly, screaming at an owl and then blaming me for apparently having no clue how to treat owls. And- again, I was not expecting someone to storm in, who then expected me to chase his bird! Yeah, what the hell indeed, what are you even thinking?"
Yes, she was probably provoking him. Although she was calm still, she did not intend to have some jerk scold her for ridiculous reasons, no matter what those were.

He called her stupid for not grabbing the bird and slowly Opeila got the impression that she had landed in some bad comedy show. "Excuse me, I... I have still not given up the hope that you might realize how much crap you are talking. I am stupid, because I have not grabbed a bird? You are being totally silly, please tell me that you know that." She was still frowning a little, unsure weither to be amused or annoyed. Whatever, the boy's words slowly caused her to get defensive. Which was ridiculous as well.

@Jack Warren

"No, it isn't a damn school owl. Geoge Henry is the owner of the devil. Hell! The first time I met it, it pecked livin' crap outa me, the lil' fecker." It was strange; it was as if Jack's light Irish accent had grown into a comically exaggerated one. The boy might as well have stomped down her request of him calming down. It wasn't going to happen. "I hope it flies away and get's eatin' by a dragon, or summin'!" There was a split in the boy. Was he going to glare at the bird flying away in the distance, or glare at the girl who was being rather rude.

The boy snorted loudly, "Oh, I bet you think you are absolutely hilarious, don't ya? Oooh- I SAT" By the end of his sentence, he was just mimicking the Slytherin. The words that followed only made the boy more aggravated. The grimace on the boy's face was most definitely not an attractive look. "I will tell ya, what I was thinkin', ya brat. I was trying to get my letter back, or were you too numbskulled to figure tha out!?"

This conversation was only starting to get worse. Silly? She called him silly for wanting to get a private letter away from a thief of a bird!? " That's it- I am being anything but silly!" It was just about this point where Jack had decided to walk straight up into Opeila's grill. The seething anger that the Hufflepuff was barely keeping contained did not care about personal space. There wasn't a plan besides being weird and taking up space near the girl. Hopefully, it would be enough to intimidate her? right?

How was this boy so angry about an owl flying away? And why on earth would he take it out on her? He said that the owl was no school owl, but a boy named George Henry was the bird's owner, a name that was entirely unfamiliar to Opeila. And that the bird pecked him the first time he met it. "Well, it will come back then, right? At least for George Henry's sake? Also... If you hate the owl so much, why not just use a damn school owl?", she asked, emphasizing the last three words like he did before.

The boy didn't take her sarcastic comment very well, he mimicked her, causing her to roll her eyes and cross her arms. "Well, actually I am thinking that you are acting ridiculous. Honestly, stop blaming others for you being unable to handle your friend's owl."
While she found the boy's anger ridiculous, she felt it well up inside her as well, when he called her a brat. "Well, honestly, all I heard was your yelling, I got a chance to get a grasp on the situation the second the owl flew up here! Seriously, it's not like I was prepared for your incompetence and expectation of me to fix your problems! But I am the brat, huh?"

When he walked close to her, Opeila instinctive stepped away from him. Her fingertips already layed on her wand. "Back off.", she warned him.

@Jack Warren

If Jack-a-boi were lucky, that damned owl would bring back that letter, only to have it run off and die somewhere. That's the best fate for Cadmus. "Why in the world would I use a school owl? I don't trust any owls. I thought that Cadmus could be an alright one, but I guess I was wrong." The conversation ceased to be important as the words 'back' and 'off' were said. Those sounded like fightin' words. "Don't tell me to back off!" The boy snarled. Being irrational was a character trait for Jack at this point. "I will do what I want, and there isn't anything you can do about it." Much like a petulant child, the only thing that he was missing was the stomping of his feet. He was feeling a little bit smug about his comment of independent free will. Running a hand through his mess of hair, he just sighed in annoyance. A thought crossed his mind, making him pause for a second. Was he actually being overaggressive and irrational? Naw- no way. The prefect was absolutely right in his position. "I feel like you should apologize to me for being so rude..." If this didn't start a fight, nothing would.

The boy went on expressing his distrust towards owls in general and honestly it started to almost bore her. "Fine, then don't trust them. Or next time maybe ask your friend to send your letter away. However, that is not my problem. And certainly not my responsibility." The last words she emphasized, said them rather slowly.

When Opeila told him to back off, he again started to shout at her. He told her he would do what he wanted and that she couldn't stop him. "Oh, how very mature of you.", she answered. This boy irritated her so much... How did he even get the position of a prefect? Were they all mental? Was that the requirement? No, of course not. Gris seemed ok. The only prefect she had met so far, who she actually liked.

Her eyes widened in disbelief when he asked for an apology. "Funny. I think, you should apologize to me for trying to make me responsible for not having your friend's owl under control."
The boy was too close. Every part of her told her to hex him, blast him down the stairs again. Her hand now held her wand tightly under her sleeve. Her left hand. Which was unfortunately not her wand hand.
"And now back the heck off, or I will make you regret it." Her eyes locked with his, leaving no doubt that the threat was real.

@Jack Warren

· • —– ٠ ▹◃ ٠ —– • ·
@Opeila Winters and @Jack Warren
Kateri had been in her tower that evening as with any other, office hours just having started little over an hour beforehand. So tonight as always she would be off to one side of the room gathering materials and preparing for class later that evening. Though she was aware of some students trying to sneak their way into the tower it was strange to see anyone up in the tower before classes. Often the temptation to break the 10 o'clock curfew was too much for many students and they found their way up here only to be turned away eventually by the young woman.

Tonight proved to be different, Observing the pair of students for awhile, she noticed clearly these two were wrapped up in their conversation to notice she had been there the entire time. A smile on her face, she gave the two some space and retreated behind the book cases. At one point however the conversation seemed to turn sour as the professor's ears perked to the sound of an unhappy tone. Kateri finally walked over, arms crossed in front of her waist. "Is everything alright over here?" A deep brown gaze settled first upon the boy then on the girl, one brown raised in question.

OOC Note: I wanted to give you guys some time to thread but rolled again during patrol since it seemed an interesting time to interrupt.

"Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."-Elie Wiesel