Astronomy

Register
Sign in

Under the Stars  PV Eira Caverly   Closed 

@Eira Caverly
Lindsey walked gayly into the Astronomy classroom alone with her housemates and the Ravenclaws. She had been expecting Astronomy as soon as she got into Hogwarts. “It’s fun, believe me Lynn.” Her brother Edmund had told her.
She found a sit in the middle of the classroom. Not too far from the professor, nor too near. Lindsey did not know many Hufflepuffs but she expected to find some great friends here.
She saw a girl with very short, fluffy blonde hair sitting in front of her. Ah! As the girl turned round, Lindsey smiled, and nodded to her.
They didn’t know each other’s names but had met in the dormitory before. Forgot to mention, they both stayed in the “Plant Palace” dorm. Lindsey liked this girl’s positive attitude and enthusiasm since she first saw her. Unfortunately, they didn’t tell their names to each other so Lindsey could only refer her as “the girl”.
“Hello! I’m Lindsey, we live in the same dorm.” She said merrily to the girl. The professor hadn’t came in yet so there’s still a couple of minutes to chat.
Lindsey was sure that this girl remembered her. What she was more excited was that she knew she would make a new friend now.

I AM THE BRIGHTEST STAR IN THE NIGHT SKY
encyclopedia | color code #6F5A93

To say that Eira was easily impressed would be an understatement, but the Astronomy tower really was one of the most dazzling parts of the entire castle. With the staggeringly beautiful view of the sky above, and the soft whir of a huge solar system mobile immediately catching her eyes, she somehow managed to be filled with more excitement than she had before the class started. She wasn't a great student in general, as she was easily distracted, but the tangibility of being able to observe the planets and stars above did wonders for her focus.
Practically radiating enthusiasm, she took a seat near the middle of the classroom to optimize her view of the glass ceiling. She took out her books, quickly flipping through some of the complicated ink drawings that represented constellations. A few moments later, a girl sat down at the desk behind her. Eira turned around, and immediately recognized her— a fellow Hufflepuff, who also lived in the Plant Palace! Eira had meant to introduce herself sooner, as she had already been intrigued by the other girl's confident demeanor, but she supposed now was as good a time as any. The girl introduced herself as Lindsey and gave Eira a pleasant nod.
"Hi! Yeah, I've seen you around a bit," she said, grinning. "I'm Eira, by the way. Nice to meet you!"

@Lindsey Springhall

keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground

“Hey it’s very nice to meet you Eira!” Lindsey said excitedly to her new friend.
Eira seemed nice. Very nice. And energetic. She somehow let Lindsey remembered Lizzie Callaghan, the vigorous Gryffindor lion. She felt that this badger was friendly, and would possibly became one of her best friends.
The class might start soon. Lindsey carefully went over her textbooks. The stars written in it seemed pretty interesting, and all the colorful images! She felt that she began liking this subject already.

**********Class**********

The class’s over. It’s indeed interesting. Lindsey decided that it would become one of her favorite subjects.
Lindsey jumped up merrily, and held her books in her arm.
She quickly catches up with Eira.
“Let’s go back to our dorm together!” She offered. “I couldn’t wait to have a good night in those plants——it’s very comfortable!”
It would be. The first night there was great, and Lindsey felt happy for chosen this dorm to stay in. If she didn’t choose there, maybe she couldn’t get acquainted with Eire——then she might lose a good friend again.
The young badger smiled. She liked the feeling of being able to have people to talk with. She would never want to be lonely. Never.

@Eira Caverly

I AM THE BRIGHTEST STAR IN THE NIGHT SKY
encyclopedia | color code #6F5A93