Register
Sign in

11 Mar 2020, 16:01
 Errand  Hogwarts Dessert Decorators

Dessert is probably the most important stage of the meal, since it will be the last thing your guests remember before they pass out all over the table.   
-William Powell-
The beginning of Spring is finally here! Perhaps some sweetness can bring people some cheerful mood and enjoy the season. Griseldis was somehow inspired by her Ravenclaw friend’s Nan who is a famous baker and owns her own pastry shop. She then had an idea what her new errand will be for March. Even though students aren’t allowed to use the Kitchen and only staff members can enter BUT that doesn’t mean that students can’t get the chance to be creative helpers. The House-elves will be asked to bake a lot of cupcakes, sugar cookies, mini cakes, and marzipans. Of course, the participates are not allowed to eat them. Their main task of this errand will be to put their hearts in and decorate the desserts with their own magic of creativity.

Here is the list of desserts you can decorate:

Please note, that students can't use the kitchen (only staff can enter) to bake anything so only the House-elves will bring the baked goods and tools for dessert decoration to the Great Hall and that's the place where you start your errand thread. Also, your students are not allowed to eat the desserts but only to decorate them.

Here are two pics of tools that you can use to decorate your desserts, for exmaple:

For those who pick the Mazipans you can craft with your hands, use small items and paint edible colors on.
Prerequisite: None
Word Count Requirement: 1000 words
Group Type: Any, you may work in small groups or do solo threads.
Reward: 2 House Points + 6 Sickles
Month: March
Deadline: 19th April, 2020
Everyone can join this errand and you may post the link to your thread here for other players to join your little group but don't forget to mention which dessert you want to decorate. You may tag Griseldis to interact with you or perhaps give a sweet welcome to our new Divination Professor @Rosalind Kibitzer.  If you're currently doing other errands it's also fine to join this new one, here is what you need to know.
You can gain a maximum of:
25 House Points each school year
10 Sickles each calendar month

Stamina: 11 | Evasion: 10 | Strength: 10 | Wisdom: 5 | Arcane Power: 7 | Accuracy: 12
Fearless|Martial Artist|Evasive Maneuvers|Obnoxiously Strong

11 Mar 2020, 17:15
I will post my thread as soon as I am finished! 

STAMINA: 6 EVASION: 5 STRENGTH: 6 WISDOM: 7 ARCANE POWER: 5
ACCURACY: 6
Wren Caster
"The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave."

12 Mar 2020, 19:02

Is there a specific thread in the Great Hall already associated with this Errand or do we simply make a new one & tag it as Errand?
@Griseldis Edelhardt Thank you for answering me in DM on Discord
----

Errand I am working on:

Look at all the pretty stones

It is currently a WIP

Link

DONE! :D I hope you all enjoy.

Last edited by Piper LaMotta on 14 Mar 2020, 03:26, edited 2 times in total.

12 Mar 2020, 19:57
To clarify a few things, there is no specific thread to this errand. Everyone can make your own thread in the Great Hall. Do not forget to add your word count. There are four sections of desserts: cupcakes, mini cakes, sugar cookies and mazipans you can decorate. Students can only decorate the desserts and they can give their finished work to the new Divination Professor as a welcoming gift or let the House elves take the decorated desserts back to the kitchen. I can suggest that if you want a group to do the errand with you, you can post your link to the thread here or in the [RPGs Partners Requests]. Or do a solo thread and once you finished the errand, you may post here saying you have completed the errand.

Also, I noticed that perhaps it is a little unfair that they only get to decorate one dessert so I changed my mind that every students are allowed to decorate all four dessert sections to their hearts' content...but no eating or start a dessert fight...

Stamina: 11 | Evasion: 10 | Strength: 10 | Wisdom: 5 | Arcane Power: 7 | Accuracy: 12
Fearless|Martial Artist|Evasive Maneuvers|Obnoxiously Strong

13 Mar 2020, 19:33
Emma Hill and I are working on cupcakes here.

EDIT: The esteemed Cecily Quinn will also be making an appearance.

Ruth Iona Greer
Stamina: 6 | Evasion: 4 | Strength: 5 | Wisdom: 9 | Arcane Power: 6 | Accuracy: 6 | Ability: Sixth Sense
Frog Choir President | Ravenclaw Chaser

13 Mar 2020, 19:50
@Bridget Collins and I are decorating cookies and both have exceeded the word count. Thread here. <3 
Last edited by Thora Larkston on 27 Mar 2020, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground [T. Roosevelt]
Encyclopedia » [x] | Dialogue » #005F1C

14 Mar 2020, 14:08
I am currently working on a solo thread for myself! will post a link when it's ready!

Stamina: 7 | Evasion: 10 | Strength: 6 | Wisdom: 8 | Arcane Power: 8 | Accuracy: 6

14 Mar 2020, 20:36
I finished my solo thread. It is open in case anyone wants to add on to the thread. I decorated cupcakes.

Link to Cupcake post

15 Mar 2020, 21:38
Participants of this Group
Student
@Alan Vanes
@Willow Anderson
@Lydia Cooper
@Jake Morris
@Wren Caster
@Rafael D'Spacito
Word Count
Chosen Dessert
Marzipan
Status
complete, but ongoing
Last edited by Alan Vanes on 14 Apr 2020, 01:52, edited 7 times in total.

"The only thing stronger than fear is curiosity"
Wanna Thread? Message me! || Sta 13 / Ev 20 / Str 2 / Wis 7 / Arc 15 / Acc 14 || Trunk || Font #9e8162 || Believe in yourself

18 Mar 2020, 04:10
Errand complete! I've joined Tyranni Whitethorn's thread (here). Got her permission beforehand.

Andrew is decorating cupcakes btw.