Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Hidden Talent  Open   Closed 

She sure was excited, much more so than Kaegen had thought she would be. She sure did like a pretty scary variety of creatures. There was a group of where wolves that lived in the fens, they had almost found him once. He had been more careful after that. He had only heard tales of the basilisk. Of it's deathly everything. These creatures were nothing to mess around with but this girl thought they were amazing, the deadliest was, in fact, her favorite! His respect for this girl started to grow.
"You are amazing! How do you deal with the basilisk's gaze?"
Did she use hearing? Wear a blindfold? When she led eri out Kaegen recognized her. The smart girl from the train "Yeah, I know her. I tried to kill her with a acid salamander, actually. Well, her and some friends do you want to see?" His soft voice, sounding like a gentle breeze was gaining speed, it had substance behind it now, a gathering storm that consistently grew more powerful. How had he not noticed this girl before? She was so amazing! He would never deal with werewolves and basilisks unless he could help it.
It would be interesting to see what she did about the werewolves

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Crystal smiled and nodded.
“Yes please!”
She loved any animal
“And with the Basalisk, well that was an accident...”
Crystal chuckled
“When I was like 10 about a year ago and I was going into town to get some food for the dragons, and I saw something slither by thinking it was a snake I followed after it and it lead into the sewers, when I was in the sewers I looked around and put on a blindfold Andy used my hearing and found the snake and tried to take a picture, but the picture and my camera was fried... happy accident.”
Crystal chuckled and laughed.
“That is how I met a Basalisk, but I saw the pictures in books and I was able to touch one, I got to look at it when a friend of my moms brought it over so she could paint it, it had a blindfold on it so I could see it and not die, as for werewolves I know a few but they have all tried to kill me, my bet and closest friends to.... sadly they all passed.”
Crystal looked away
“But they wanted to die and they couldn’t continue living with the curse but anyways.. where is that acid salamander?! And you still haven’t answered my question, what’s your name?”
Crystal waited for a response

Crystal Marie Van De Lis Willows

ERI sighed and let Crys pull her over to the boy. "Hi Kaegen. I see you are interested in dragons like she is." She smiled she was always running into Kaegen. Why was she always running into him. Eri awkwardly stood by the door. She hoped he didn't hear her Irish music. She was embarrassed by knowing it. She looked at Karen then back to Crys. They would make good friends. "Kaegen this is my friend Crystal which you already know her name. How much of what went on in the room did you hear?" She knew that wadn't subtle.

Eri leaned against the wall and smiled. She would let them talk about dragons for as long as they wished to. She was in know hurry to break up their lovely conservation. She observed them quietly with her green eyes. She knew Karen could be quiet but would he be a talker when it came to dragons which by the way she knew he came up here when Crys had said it. That was what she thought anyways. Grinning not wanting to show that she was worried he heard her music she let them talk. "To ahead talk about dragons!"

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

He was impressed. Dealing with a basilisk was no easy task. Neither was dealing with any of the other creatures this girl seemed to like dealing with. It had been a while since he talked to anyone who liked things like that. Kaegen's arm disappeared into his cloak, and reappeared holding a glass vial. In the vial was a small salamander, bright red and green. It wasn't moving very much, but didn't have very much room. The top had a cork stopper, with a class coating on the bottom. He smiled as he showed her the creature. "His name is vortigern, mine is Deathmote. Kaegen Deathmote."
"Have you seen the forbidden forest? Or the lake?" Those two places were Kaegen's favorite in all of hogwarts. Although he hadn't been in the forbidden forest yet. What manner of creature might lurk there? Maybe the girl would want to come along, she had enough energy for the both of them. It was actually really surprising how nice she was, right off the bat. He had met a few people like her, but only a few. And they hadn't really known much about magical creatures. He passed the vial with vortigern for her to hold. "Best not let him out. He can be dangerous."
His eyes flashed over to eris, he hadn't heard anything bad, what had they been talking about?
"I didn't hear anything. Just your music, and then talk of a dragon." He figured it would be best to not ask what they were talking about. It wasn't any of his business anyway.

"My my music? W-what d-did you think?" She blushed not wanting him to hear her music. She didn't think it was personally good she thought it was awful. She hated her music. "I'm going to pack up Why don't you talk about mythical creatures." She walked away and packed her things away and shrunk her enchanted guitar into her bag. She walked back over to the two. She smiled a fake smile. She leaned back against the wall and watched them. 

Magical creatures weren't her favorite but she had had dealings with a warewolf and some Faeries. "I have had an encounter with a werewolf but the basilisk is more impressive." She smiled watching them and sat down. She opened a picture book that showed a women turning into an owl. She had a secret like her aunt she was an animagus and could turn into a Fiery orange tabby cat. She smiled at the picture.

She watched them curiously observing them silently. Wanting to them more but she didn't know much about what they were talking about. She felt awkward but continued to listen to them.

She put the book away and thought it was rude she wan't fully listening to them.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Crystal nodded
“Yeah! I have been to the lake once but I got in trouble for it, trying to swim in it, and I have been in the forest once, but ran out because of the centuars....”
Crystal frowned and then looked at the salamander.
“Can, can I hold him?”
Crystal asked with her eyes pretty much shining with delight.
She loved talking to this new kid, he shared a lot of things in common with her, like the fact that he loves magical creatures.
“And is it ok if I call you.....” Crystal paused for a moment to think a about his nickname.
“Kae?”
Crystal looked at him and smiled
“Yeah! Kae will work nicely, and maybe sometime you want to explore the forbidden forest, oh! And Kae, you should listen to Eri’s music it was amazing! Much better than mine of course.”
Crystal smiled and looked at her two friends and hugged them so she could be in a group hug.
“Sorry I like Hugs. :)
Crystal smiled.
She loved Hogwarts now because of her new friends, Kae and Eri, the best friends she ever had, she let go of them and turned to Kae again.
“But really can I hold the salamander???? Please?!”
Crystals eyes looked like puppy dog eyes, she was now begging even if it looked embarrassing she still did it for the salamander so she could hold him, or it.

He had never had to deal with so many questions before, or such an exited girl who was asking them all. So he sorted them in his mind slowly, his smile still wide across his face. It may be overwhelming, but this girl was pretty cool. She shared his love for the outdoors, and magical creatures, but was just a lot louder. Like, a lot louder. He didn't mind though. She could do most of the talking, and he could be happy with just listening. He liked listening.
"Don't touch him or he'll melt your hand off, but you can hold his house." Kaegen was about to pass over the vial with the salamander when the girl fired off another question. Could she call him kae? Kaegen didn't really care what he was called, so he kept smiling and nodded. Kae would be fine.
He had heard some of Eri's music and had thought it was just fine. But he wasn't sure if he had heard this girl's. As he thought about it, Crystal hugged him and the other girl. Kaegen had hugged his mother before, so he knew what this was, but he had not been expecting it. He kinda just stood there being hugged awkwardly, until the girl was done.
She was asking so nicely for vortigern, and seemed to know so much about magical creatures, maybe her hands would be okay? Kaegen pulled out his box of powder, it was a pretty effective counter acid his father had made for him so he wouldn't dissolve while playing with the salamander.
"Dust your hands, and then don't hold him for very long." His voice, a bit quieter now, more worried, passed the box of powder and his salamander named vortigern, over to the girl.
She certainly was fun to be around.

Crystal dusted her hands with the weird power and opened the bottle to hold the creature, carefully she tipped the bottle and an angle and held the salamander, and her eyes where wide with delight.
“Thank you.....”
Her voice was quiet now, she was trying not to startle the animal, she backed up to the wall and slowly sat down with the salamander.
“Hi little guy....”
Her voice was calm with a hint of excitement.
“My name is Crystal, and I must say your colors are wonderful.”
Crystal was completely absorbed by this adorable creature, she found it cute and precious, remembering not to hold him to long she took him in her other hand and held the salamander close to her face, but not to close.
The salamander looked around and looked twoard Crystal.
“Hi...”
The salamander sat on her hand and stayed there.
Crystal looked up at Kae.
“Thank you so much...”
She touched the salamanders head lightly, as if to pet him.
“He is wonderful... where did you find him?”
Once Crystal felt a burning feeling on her hand, she switched, and held him on her right hand.
Holding a rare species in her hand excited her, in Scotland she couldn’t find anything like this beautiful creature, they didn’t live in her country.

Kaegen was happy to watch the girl play with vortigern, he was more happy when he saw how much she liked his little salamander. Vortigern had calmed down since the escapade on the train, and was his usual cute self. The girl seemed to be handling him really well, too.
"They live in the fens. He's a rare breed, endangered." Kaegen's voice was gaining power, the soft clouds darkening as more energy trickled into his words, excited energy. Kaegen had found vortigern one day with the little acid salamander's mother. He had kept both of them as pets and his mother had helped make a powder that would dry up the acid so Kaegen could touch them without burning himself. He had left the mother at home when he came to hogwarts. She was a bit too big to fit in a glass vial, and he already had too much stuff strapped to him.
"We should go to the forest, we can handle it together, right?" Kaegen was feeling pretty good about his chances in some forest. Whatever was in there, it couldn't compare to the fens. Probably couldn't compare, anyway. And the girl had plenty of practice. She would be a lot of help.

“Yeah we should be able to handle it! After all we are both experts in the field of magical creatures. And where are my manners? I am Crystal but please call me Crys.”
Crystal laughed and turned red from embarrassment because she forgot to tell him her name, crystals attention was soon drawn to the salamander once her hand started to burn and she switched him to the other hand.
Crystal looked at Eri and realized she wasn’t included in this conversation, this upset Crystal because she felt like she was leaving Eri out of the fun, she turned to Eri.
“Hey Eri wanna come to the forbidden forest with us? Me and Kae?”
Crystal was hoping she would say yes, she was her first best friend that she made, and even if she didn’t come Crystal would drag her to the forbidden forest.
Crystal looked back and the salamander and squealed in delight, the little acid salamander was sleeping and in her hand!
“Guys!!! Look!”
Crystal dropped to a whisper not to startle the creature.
“He is so cute!!!! And when should we go to the forbidden forest?”
Crystal turned to Kae.
“It’s restricted for everyone but the teachers, and when it gets dark the werewolves come out, so when should we?” Crystal waited for a response.

"Probably night." Kaegen wasn't especially worried about werewolves. They were savage, and would kill him in a heartbeat, but they had the mind of a beast, of an animal. That made then more dangerous to some, less dangerous to others. If they had a human mind Kaegen probably would be biting off more than he could chew, but he knew how creatures thought, and reacted.
He knew how to hide from them, to avoid them in the first place. After all, it had been his life! He had survived this long, one night in the woods wasn't going to kill him. Maybe he could even find some other creatures there! Maybe there were some kind of cool bug, or magical beast! Crys could probably help if they did find any. He also looked over at eri. Did she want to come? He had never gone exploring with anyone but himself, but figured the number didn't really matter. Especially if they could all handle themselves. He looked out the nearest window to see what time of day it was. They would probably have to kill some time before they could go out under cover of night. He really hoped the professors wouldn't catch them.

"Crys, If I had a choice I would day no. Since I do have a choice I'm going to stay. I don't really feel like getting chased by werewolves tonight." She shrugged and stood up gathering up her things. She didn't want to leave them but she knew they could fend for them selves she would stay. She then remembered she forgot to ask if she had a choice. Crys might drag her. Would she?  

Eri looked at Crys and Kae. She knew Kae wouldn't try to force her to come but would Crys drag her like she did to meet Kaegen? Maybe, but she would take her chances.

"No offence guys but I don't really want to go. I won't tell anyone either. I can help you get to the forest without being seen. Its nothing against you. Its just that you have experiences with magical creatures. I don't and I don't want you guys to get in trouble cause of me." She looked at them as she stood there looking back at them. She might go ahead and leave before Crys tried to drag her. She smiled as she turned towards the stairs. She started to leave them.

“But Eri! You won’t be eaten by werewolves, they don’t go where we are going. They hunt deeper in the wood, like where the unicorns are. Please tell me we aren’t going where the werewolves are.”
Crystal looked over at Kae. “I don’t mind werewolves but with Eri I want her to come and not feel left out, plus I think she would enjoy what we are going to do later.”
Crystal smiled, she had an idea of taking Eri on a ride with one of the Leatherwings, or as commonally known, Therastals. (Idk if I spell it right.)
“Please Eri! I don’t like leaving people especially my friends on stuff like this!”
Crystal walked over to Eri.
“Please...”
Crystal looked up at her with her famous puppy dog eyes. No one could resist them.
“It’s all we can do for you helping me and Kae.”
Crystal smiled and was hoping she could convince her friend to come along with her and Kae, after all it was the least she could do for Eri helping them get into the forest.
“And there are unicorns in the woods! You could ride them if you like unicorns.”
Crystal now begging for Eri to come was about to drag her to the woods.

Eri smiled. Did Crys seriously think puppy dog eyes would work on her? Of course not. Eri didn't want to go at all. "Crys. I am not going. Puppy eyes don't work on me." She stopped walking and turned to face her. She looked at Crystal. "I don't feel left out. I don't want to die." She looked at her. "Just get Kae to come get me from the common room when you guys are going to the forbidden forest so I can help." She looks out the window. "Its about time. You can't persuade me to go." She turned towards the window.

She smiled and thought. They should just go without her. She would get injured by an animal if they take her along. She didn't wan't to ride a unicorn. She just wanted to go to the common room and read. She wouldn't tell the professors. She would help her friends but she isn't going with them at all. Nothing could change her mind. She would have to be dragged by people who could withstand her squirming. No she would not go. 

She turned back towards them and smiled. "Now if you don't mind I am going to leave." She turns and starts to leave.

Crystals smile faded and she looked down.
She hated leaving fiernds, and family anyone really. She looked at Eri.
“Thanks for helping us....”
Crystal looked down and looked at Kae .
“Should we start getting ready? After all, we don’t know how long we are going to be there. So it’s best if we prepare.”
Crystal looked at Kae and took the salamanders house and carefully put the creature in the bottle. She gave the salamander back to Kae and started walking in the direction of where the Slytheirn common room is.
‘She wouldn’t be a problem, Eri. But then again if she doesn’t want to go I have to respect that....’ Crystal stopped and looked at Eri again and she looked back down at the hard concrete floor.
Crystal tried to talk Eri into coming, but she didn’t wanna.
Crystal smiled and looked at Kae.
“Is it ok if I bring a couple of snacks? And my magical creatures journal? I track and draw creatures in it, trying to learn more about them so when I do become a dragon keeper or go into the department of care of magical creatures, something like that, I want to learn all I can about these wonderful creatures.. so..... are you coming?”
Crystal asked Kae and waited for a response.
(Hey Eri are you ok with just leaving me and Kae to rp? Or should we do it somewhere else?)

Back