Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Hidden Talent  Open   Closed 

Eri sat in a silent rehearsal room as the only person there. She held a guitar and started playing a song she wrote. She always loved playing guitar for her aunt. Practice always made perfect so she sat in the room strumming on her guitar. She sang a few lyrics that went with the song and kept strumming on the guitar.

Once the song ended she was still alone and she felt glad. She didn't like people knowing she could sing or play the guitar. She only played the guitar once a day for practice. Today she just needed something to help her relax.

She returned to strumming the song she wrote and sang the first lyrics "The magic hidden inside..." She hummed the rest as she kept strumming her song. She changed and went to another song her aunt had wrote and she strummed the song without singing since her aunt didn't write lyrics to it.

After strumming for quite awhile she switched to another song and sang along to it. She kept playing and hoped nobody had snuck up on her. She got so hypnotized by her playing she was completely unaware of all her surroundings as she strummed and sang.
Last edited by Serena Towers on 18th March 2018, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Crystal walked into the rehearsal room. Looking around to make sure no one was around, she quietly closed the door behind her.
Being a pure blood, she didn’t want to get made fun of for liking muggle music or even just playing it.
As she walked into the room she stopped as saw a girl playing her guitar and singing.
Her voice was so soothing and calm, it reminded her of home, how whenever she got scared... her mother would always sing to her a lullaby, to keep her calm.
Crystal quietly walked over to a seat in the back, sitting down she continued to listen to her song.
She smiled and continued listening, she didn’t know that someone like her would have such a beautiful voice.
Crystal then stood up, and walked over to the stage.
“Hello, I have to say your singing is beautiful, heh, reminds me of home.”
Crystal looked at the mysterious singer, hoping she didn’t startle her and it mess her up.
“I’m Crystal and you are?”
Crystal put her hands in her slytherin themed jacket, and waitied for an answer.

Crystal Marie Van De Lis Willows

Eri was startled as the girl walked up to her. She stopped strumming and singing and sat the guitar down in its stand."Oh I um I'm Eri. Thank you. Its the only thing that calms me. I know its a muggle thing but it is soothing."She smiled at the girl. She looked down at the floor. "If you would like I can leave to give you some privacy." She scuffs her foot on the ground and stands up. She looks back up and smiles. "I don't mind to stay if you don't mind?" She didn't know this girl bur why not try to become friends.

She picked up her bag off her shoulder and sat it down on her chair. She smiled and went deep into thought wondering what the slytherin girl liked to do. She looked at the guitar and thought about playing it some more. Smiling that the girl had some interest in muggle music. "What do you like about muggle music? I like the instruments." She asked the girl wanting to learn more about her. The instrumental part of all the muggle music always interested her. She always found herself playing tunes on the guitar that she heard before.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4

Crystal Smiled
“I like the music and the instruments as well and you don’t have to leave please keep playing! It’s wonderful! I grew up in a muggle country for a while, so music was pretty much the only thing that kept me sane, besides the dragons my Dad kept to release once they where fully healed..” Crystal chuckled a bit, she laughed and looked at her and walked over to her bag and pulled out a golden hand held harp.
“My mom gave this to me, before she sent me off here, as if she didn’t want me..”
Crystal looked at her ground and struck a string, making a beautiful sound, she struck another one trying to remember what the notes where, then it came back to her. She carefully stuck the notes and started to sing, a song that kept her calm even when the darkest storm calm.
“Sleep my child
Go to sleep my child
Dream of better olden times
Sweet dream my child... dream sweet dreams my child....
rest your weary mind...
Waltz under moonlit trees...
Sail all the wonderous seas
Give into all your dreams and sleep....
Sleep my child go to sleep my child
Have no fear I’m here by your side...
Sleep my child, dream sweet dreams my child, the sun has said goodnight..
spread your wings and fly
Fly up on high,
Give into all your dreams and sleep....”
Crystal finished the song and looked at Ava.
“So what do you think?”
Crystal asked waiting for a response

Eri smiled. "That is beautiful." She smiled. "Is that a harp?" Eri loved the beautiful sound of harps. She slid her bag off the chair and sat down picking up her guitar. She started to strum an Irish instrumental tune. She learned it when hwr aunt took her to ireland. It was called the land of the faerie king. She tapped her foot along to the irish beat. She smiles as she continues to strum and remembered the irish musicians who played a flute, a weird drum, a weir violin, and a harp. She smiled as she continued her irish beat.

She smiled and started to get lost in her  irish song. After a while of playing her song she let it slowly finish before it ended filling the room with the echo of the dieng melody. The sweet song died and Eri put the guitar down. She smiled letting the music sink in. "I learned that in Ireland."

She stood up and walked a step forward to crystal. She was smiling at the slytherin girl with sparkling eyes. She just played one of her favorite songs to for fun. She looked around the room and they were still alone.
Last edited by Eri Windstone on 18th March 2018, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eri smiled. "That is beautiful." She smiled. "Is that a harp?" Eri loved the beautiful sound of harps. She slid her bag off the chair and sat down picking up her guitar. She started to strum an Irish instrumental tune. She learned it when hwr aunt took her to ireland. It was called the land of the faerie king. She tapped her foot along to the irish beat. She smiles as she continues to strum and remembered the irish musicians who played a flute, a weird drum, a weir violin, and a harp. She smiled as she continued her irish beat.

She smiled and started to get lost in her  irish song. After a while of playing her song she let it slowly finish before it ended filling the room with the echo of the dieng melody. The sweet song died and Eri put the guitar down. She smiled letting the music sink in. "I learned that in Ireland."

She stood up and walked a step forward to crystal. She was smiling at the slytherin girl with sparkling eyes. She just played one of her favorite songs to for fun. She looked around the room and they were still alone.

Crystal nodded
“Yeah it is a harp! It’s wonderful to play it... and I love your Irish song!”
She looked around with her and sighed then she jumped she had an idea.
“Have you heard of The battle of Hogwarts? I know the entire story! And my mom and Dad where there when it happened! I could tell you if you want!”
Crystal smiled she loved this legend and loved hearing it when she went to bed, of course that was one of the few happy memories that she remembers when she was a child, about 4.
“And no one else is here, so why don’t we just talk to each other and get to know each other? By the way, what house are you in?”
Crystal was curious and she was happy to make another new friend.
First multiple slytherins, now a girl she didn’t even know that well but shared musical interests like her.
Crystal sat down and looked at her with a couple of curls in her face, getting annoyed she tied the hair back into a bun.
She sat and waited for a response from the girl whom she accidentally called her roommate Ava, she chuckled in her head.
‘So clumsy and silly...’

"Well for starters I'm in Ravenclaw. I'm from the wizard london. I love playing my guitar and learning things to help me further myself along in my studies. It is nice to have a friend. I was raised by my Aunt who is an animagus that can turn into an owl. She taught me every spell I know. How about you?" Eri normally didn't share that much but if they were to become friends she might as well share as much as she can before they solidify their friendship for the rest of their lives. She smiled sincerly at crystal.

Now she wondered where crystal was from. Did she have any siblings? What were her goals at hogwarts? What did she do for fun? Did she like to explore? Eri asked so many possible questions in her mind wondering which ones Crystal would answer or if she would share as much as Eri did. Eri was very curious about learning as much as possible about her new friend.

Eri always craved knowledge which may be one of her faults. She couldn't help it but observe the girl as she waited for a responce. It was amazing how many friends she was making.

“Well I am a Slytherin, I was hoping for a hufflepuff, but I was raised in Scotland all my life, with my Mom, Dad, and older brother. I live in the mountains... and as for my goals at Hogwarts I want to become a Dragon keeper!”
Crystal smiled really wide.
“I find dragons really interesting, misunderstood creatures.... but anyways, I have always been in my brothers shadow... he was always prasied for every little thing he did and I never got recognized for anything!!! NOTHING!” She started yelling then she covered her mouth and turned away...
“ I shouldn’t burden you with my problem they aren’t that important at least not to me anyways....”
Crystal frowned she thought she looked like a drama queen, but she didn’t care if she believed her she knew it was the truth...
(My Oc can be a total drama queen sometimes so forgive her for this. Plus she doesn’t see herself as important she views her friends as more important than anything else, which will cost her, her life. Of course and I am just typing his so I can get to two hundred words, lol I’m so weird..
Don’t read this part
Don’t.)

Eri cocked her head curiously listening go the girl. "Did you mean you were wish to be a hufflepuff or you were hoping I was a hufflepuff. I can be a good listener if you wanted to continue to talk about your life I'm interested. I do love learning things." She shut her mouth. That may have been a bit weird to say to someone she just met. Also she didn't care if the girl had just said Eri wasn't important to her. They just met. She didn't expect them to click right away. That never happened to her ever.

She smiled at least she said something personal. Eri would share something personal but only if she had to. Hopefully the other girl didn't expect something personal in return. Her face had reddened because she was embarrassed for what she said. "Sorry I didn't mean to sound weird. Its okay you can say anything I'm not going to share anything you say. I'm to quiet for that." She looked at the other and hoped she wasn't weirding her out. Thats why she wasn't good at talking to people. She just didn't see it very important gor her to mastwr the skill.

Crystal looked at her
“I wish I was a Hufflepuff, honestly.... I don’t want to be a Slytherin, my father was so was my grandma and my brother. I don’t like being part of a house that has the most dark wizards...”
When Crystal heard I will listen she smiled a bit.
“I did want someone to listen to me but no one does, even if I try to explain to them, all they say is that “I’m sorry.”
Crystal looked at Eri, she was just the person she needed in her life, just someone who she could talk to to listen to her.
“And it would be nice to talk about my troubles with a friend..”
‘Friend...’
Crystal looked at her with a sorrowful look.
“If you don’t mind me doing that... and what you said doesn’t sound weird, I saw weird things all the time don’t worry I’m used to it...”
Crystal smiled.
Looking at Eri she looked at her and hugged over with her legs crossed in a weird style but she didn’t care..
Crystal sighed, she didn’t know where to begin.
“I don’t know where to start... I just never talked to anyone about MY problems.”

Reducio
be warned, oh ye who label your threads open. You know not what you have unleashed

He had heard someone say the word "dragon" all the way from down the hall. The second he had heard that beautiful, beautiful word he had taken off like a shot. He tried to slow down when he reached the door but stumbled awkwardly on the hard stone. He stumbled on one foot past the door, somehow managing to have inhuman fluidity even while about to fall on his face before he managed to catch himself and go back to the door. He had a large smile on his face.
Dragons were one of the most interesting things he could think of. Magical creatures were his life before hogwarts, and the prospect of seeing someone else that knew something about them, that even just liked them passably was exciting.
But they were talking about other things, now. His eyes saw that girl he kept running into talking with the girl who was probably the one that had mentioned dragons. She seemed really happy to have found a friend, and was about to start talking about her problems. Well, Kaegen probably couldn't help with that. He sat down in the hallway, and started bouncing his ball against the floor, then the wall, then right back into his hand. It made a satisfying, quiet sound.
He could talk to the girl about dragons later.

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Crystals head looked over to where a sound was coming from, it sounded like a bouncing ball?
Crystal looked at Eri.
“I think we are being watched and or heard...”
Crystal got up and walked over to the door where the sound was coming from, she stopped still and saw a boy about her age if not older bouncing a ball.
“Hello, I’m Crystal but you can call me Crys, and nice ball, if you don’t mind me asking what are you doing here? Well specifically, why are you here?”
Crystal looked at the boy.
So many questions circled through her head, why was he here? Would he make fun of her? Would he hex her? Crystal started to freak out, her heart pounding fearing the worst, most people would have told the whole school her problems and everyone would probably shun her like she was at home.
‘Maybe he is just here to talk to someone?’
‘Or he could be a rude house mate or someone from any house that likes to get into other people business, and tell everyone that one person claimed to have been shuned or igrnoed by everyone and people would make fun of me.’
Crystal folded her arms over her chest and waited for a response trying not to think the worst.

The dragon girl had come over, that was faster than he had been expecting! Maybe the ball had been rather loud, but he didn't think it would disturb them any.
His voice was impossibly soft as he answered the question. But there was excitement there, it was just hiding. "I heard you say you wanted to be a dragon keeper, have you ever seen one?" Kaegen had, once. It ranked high on his coolest things ever seen list. "Have you ever been to the fens?"
He totally missed the social cue, and the slightly accusatory tone. Skipping cleanly over it to talk about magical creatures. "Do you like other types of magical creature?" He sure was talking a lot. He didn't really like that, but it was worth it. Maybe she knew things about the beasts he didn't!
This girl was going to be a lot of fun to talk to, he could feel it! As far as he knew, anyone that liked huge beasts that enjoyed turning people into snacks was a pretty good person. Worth hanging out with.
"You are pretty amazing. The first person here who's main focus is dragons"
Now if she'd just forgive him for interrupting whatever that was, he'd be in the clear.

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Crystal smiled and laughed
“Yeah I love dragons and I have seen a lot of them, my Dad takes care of them and releases them back into the wild when they are ready, and I have no idea what the Fens are. And yeah I love all kinds of magical creatures! Werewolves, Dragons, Hippogrffs, And Basilisk is my personal favorite! And thanks!”
Crystal smiled, she loved talking to people who also loved magical creatures, and for him being excited She count blame him, she was just as excited.
“So what’s your name?” Crystal asked hoping to get his name so she could make another friend.
“And where are you from? I’m from Scotland, from the mountains actually, and oh!”
Crystal ran into the rehearsal room and dragged Eri to introduce her to her new friend.
“Ok, so this is Eri, Eri this is a random person who said I was awesome because I love dragons and I want to be a dragon keeper and he is awesome too, because he loves dragons so why don’t you say hi?”
She laughed a bit
“And it’s ok if you ask me a lot of questions I don’t mind, I do that to sometimes!”
Crystal smiled and waited for a response to her question

Back