Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in

Caught Singing  Closed to 1   Completed 

The short brunette had some time to herself, she decided to go to the Rehearsal room and maybe sing a little, that was something she liked to keep to herself, the fact that she sings. This tiny shy girl with her powerful Scottish accent, that was already wacky enough. But she does sing, and while she doesn't think it is very good, it is quite nice, when she is singing her accent doesn't come out as clearly so her voice is softer and she loved singing, she just hated audiences. When she was younger she sang for somebody because they had asked her to, she sang for them and the guy had completely battered down her confidence. 

She saw that the Rehearsal room was completely empty and she smiled. She closed the door and half-skipped tongue other side of the room. Deciding to sing her favourite song, 'When I met you' by Ethan Nestor. She loved it because it was so sad and she smiled at the thought of singing it, this was the first time she had been completely alone since arriving to Hogwarts.

Delilah heard the music in her head, she had listened to the song so many times that she could imagine the music and had memorised the words. 

"When I met you your words were new and so, exciting
You sold me things, you gave me wings, you were, inviting
Now you’re gone from my life
I’m adrift on the sea
Just singin’
Ooh."

The young Ravenclaw was so involved in her singing, she had closed her eyes and hadn't noticed someone sneaking in, listening to her singing, the very last thing she had wanted somebody to do.

"Now it seems that life’s a dream I’d rather wake from
I stumble here to there no truth that I can take from
‘Cause you’re gone from my life
I’m so blind I can’t see
Just singin’
Ooh."

She knew she was only one verse away from the end, she kept her eyes closed, still not noticing the newcomer, it was a really emotional song and she enjoyed it so much.

"But elusive you remain
There is nothing left to gain
It’s the same old sad refrain
When I met you my life was blue, I was so lonely
You took my by surprise, your eyes were all mine only
I’m adrift on the sea
And it’s all I can do to breathe!
Ooh 

When I met you your words were new."

Reducio
This is open to the first person who replies and only them. If you would like to do an RP with me after the singular spot has been filled please owl me and we will sort something out.

And just for reference for the person who does decide to respond to this, you are the person who snuck in after the first verse. Also the link on the title of the song is the YouTube video that the song is on.
Last edited by Delilah Stewart on 7th April 2018, 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Horace was just walking around the castle with no real destination it was just his well known curiosity leading him to places. He was walking through the hallways of the fourth floor which was completely empty right now except for a few students in their daily commute. He liked to be alone so this empty hallway was good for him. As he was walking past the rehearsal room he heard something......someone was singing in there. He didn't want to disturb anybody and he never liked to meet new people so he was just gonna leave her alone when good'ol curiosity changed his mind. He snuck in the room and just stood there as he watched the girl sing....

"Now it seems that life’s a dream I’d rather wake from
I stumble here to there no truth that I can take from
‘Cause you’re gone from my life
I’m so blind I can’t see
Just singin’
Ooh."

She had a beautiful voice but Horace didn't know the song maybe it's a muggle one? doesn't matter he still liked it nonetheless. He was just froze in place listening to her as he never actually got into any arts before dancing,singing,etc were not his cup of tea. But he just kept listening with a smile on his face as the girl sang with full passion her eyes closed.

"But elusive you remain
There is nothing left to gain
It’s the same old sad refrain
When I met you my life was blue, I was so lonely
You took my by surprise, your eyes were all mine only
I’m adrift on the sea
And it’s all I can do to breathe!
Ooh

When I met you your words were new."

Horace clapped with full enthusiasm as she finished her song. "Wonderful! you have an amazing talent for singing you know and as Professor Dumbledore once said 
Ah music! a magic far beyond what we do around here
Anyways i am Horace and you?" he said as he walked upto her and extended an arm in greeting.

After Delilah had finished singing she heard clapping and her eyes shot open, her cheeks going pink, somebody had come in and heard her, she wondered how long they had been there, the boy came up to her and extended his arm after talking, "Umm...thank you, I'm Delilah." She gently took his hand in her own and shook it. "How long have you been standing there?" She asked nervously, her Scottish accent coming back. 

She was scared of him telling people she knew that she sung, yeah he liked her singing but that doesn't mean everybody will. She looked down at their feet briefly before looking back up, she would be lying if she said she wasn't terrified. "Could you please keep this between us? I don't really want people finding out about this." Her eyes a little wider than normal from the fear of people making fun of her again. She had just gotten away from those people and left them behind at the village, she was then only magical person in her village as far as she knew and they had all been told that she had she was away to some fancy boarding school but nobody was told except for her Granny that it was a magical school.

She sighed and looked him in the eyes, "You really can't tell anyone about this, please." 

Horace was a bit confused by the reaction from the girl she seemed more terrified than happy seeing him clapping for her. "How long have you been standing there?" she asked. "I think i heard most of it! And it was great!" he said with a smile. 

"Could you please keep this between us? I don't really want people finding out about this." she asked. She seemed very scared of someone knowing about this which was no surprise to Horace as he can totally relate he also doesn't want to show anyone his expertise at magic it makes him feel like an entertainer and seems disrespectful to him. 

As he was thinking all this looking at the scared girl she suddenly looked him in his eyes and said "You really can't tell anyone about this, please." Horace was stuck their looking into her eyes he felt like time froze when suddenly he got to his sense and replied "..uh...yeah...sure....as you wish i won't tell anyone but you also have to promise me you won't stop singing just to hide it from others ok? you should just do whatever you want you know! And also i think that was a muggle song right?" he said smiling at her.

She smiled when he said her singing was great and then promised to keep quiet. "Thank you so much, I'll try but I'm not the most confident person." Delilah said, it's not like she was going to do something like join the choir or anything like that, she just enjoyed singing for fun, and the one time she had piece and quiet this guy comes along and finds out about it, at least it wasn't somebody she knew. 

"Yeah it was a Muggle song, well if the guy who does sing it is magical then I don't know about it. He's American and I love his voice, that song is actually his first original song, he only did covers until then. It's been my favourite song since I first heard it." She laughed, "What's your favourite song?" Delilah asked kind of nervously. She was nervous because she didn't want to embarrass herself if it was a song by somebody magical who she had never heard of, she hadn't gotten around to listening to magical songs her, she was slowly integrating herself into the magical world. Delilah suddenly started laughing as her thoughts made her laugh, "Maybe you could sing it for me since you heard me since mine?" She giggled.

Delilah thanked Horace for his words. 'well at least she isn't scared anymore thats better' Horace thought to himself grinning a bit. She then went on to tell him about the song and how this was the first original song of an american muggle and how it was her favorite song all this quiet fascinated Horace as he hardly knew anything about the muggle world and almost nothing about america.

"Well then i guess you are a muggle born right? well you can teach me a lot about muggles" he said smiling with his usual innocent peaceful face. She then asked about his favorite song and will he sing it for her. This made Horace very uneasy as he didn't know how to sing and he hardly knew any songs in the first place. But he did have a favorite song but it was not all merry and happy he found this song in his Manor's attic and he knew it was related to his family's horrible past and their exploits in the dark times but somehow he found an inspiration in the song after all he may be a ravenclaw but he still was a Vargas he still had slytherin blood in him but he was unsure to whether he should share this song with Delilah she may become scared being a muggle born. 

But after a bit of difficult consideration he decided he will share the song after all music is never considered dark. "My favorite song is.....uh....Believer! But i can't sing at all really but i have an expertise in my arts" he grinned as he flicked his wand "Piertotum Locomotor!" he commanded and the statues of musicians in the rehearsal room started moving and they started played Believer while one of them sang standing in front of the group. Horace orchestrated them with a huge smile of pride after all this was one of the few times this spell worked for him and he was at least not embarrassed.

Reducio
The name of the song in my last post is a link to the youtube video it is in i suggest you listen to it at least once

Reducio
Sorry i havent replied, ive been studying really hard and didn't realise how long it had been

Delilah had been standing in front of the stage until now, she sat down on it, her legs dangling in front as she was pretty short. "I suppose I could teach you some stuff but I didn't have the most resourceful upbringing, I can't teach you too much, is there anything you want to know?" She asked with a grin on her face.

Horace made the instruments start playing and Delilahs couldn't help but smile, it sounded great and it was all because of a spell, and Horace seemed so happy with himself for being able to do it, when the song ended she started clapping for him just like he did for her. "I mean you didn't sing it so that isn't fair, but good enough I suppose." She joked, laughing a bit before becoming quiet, "That was awesome, teach me to do that please. We haven't learned that spell in class yet." She smiled, hopping off of the stage to stand in front of Horace, she couldn't help but smile, she loved music so much so this was quite enjoyable. She just didn't enjoy having an audience.

Reducio
Its alright i was busy too seems like a lot of people were busy studying  :lol:

The song was amazing as intended Horace was so happy with himself for not screwing it up in anyway which was unusual for him especially with such spells. Delilah clapped as the song ended and Horace grinned and bowed in accord. "well i can't sing at all actually but you know magic helps me with everything i just don't want you to run away as you will if i sing anything myself" he said as Delilah called him out for using a spell instead of his voice. 

She insisted on learning the spell to which Horace boldly said "Yeah sure! why not?" but after getting out of his pride and joy he realised it wasn't a good idea actually as he remembered how once he accidentally got attacked by a tree in his garden which he brought to life using the same spell. "...Uh...well how about we don't? like if you want i can teach you some other spells but can we just forget about this one?" He said smiling nervously. 

He was good at changing the topic to avoid any problems. "...Hey...how about you tell me something about muggles like......uh.......what does your parents do?" he said intently trying to make her forget about the whole spell thing or he may just destroy a wall or two and get killed by a statue or worse expelled.

"No it's okay, I was just joking, I doubt you can't sing though, but that's for another day." She smiled, Delilah was curious as to why he didn't want to teach her the spell but she didn't return to it, he seemed very persistent that he didn't want to teach her that spell. Then the topic of parents came up, she decided not to drop the 'Dead parents' bomb on him, they had just met. "My Mam was a waitress and my Dad was a doctor." She hoped that he didn't question her use of the past tense but she wouldn't mind answering if he did happen to ask. "My Granny used to be a librarian but she retired. So what do your parents do?" She replied. 

She smiled at Horace again, she was smiling so much since she came to Hogwarts, she was so happy all the time. If a choir opened up then she might have the guts to join it, but at the moment she wasn't aware of any that had opened, all the club's were like book and study clubs. "Singing is like the only thing I can do, I'm not exactly the most exciting person." She looked down at herself, she was so boring, a goodie-two-shoes with brown hair and brown eyes, she didn't even look interesting.

Horace listened closely to what Delilah said. "hmm....Well my dad works with the ministry and my mom just handles our estates at home. Don't get me wrong but how does a muggle doctor work without potions and magic? i mean it would be almost impossible to heal a dragon's burn without the right potions." Horace didn't seem to be joking he was really serious about this. He didn't mean to insult anybody its just he was curious how the muggles managed their life without any sort of magical help.

Delilah then talked about how singing was her only talent and how she is not the most exciting person. "Oh come on! you don't seem that boring to me. Singing is good enough. You should join the school choir you will find yourself at home there" he said with a smile. "Anyways it was nice meeting you Delilah but i have some classes now so bye....maybe we will meet again sometime its a small castle you know" He said as he walked out of the rehearsal room humming the song Delilah was just singing.

Reducio
Well i got a bit busy with my other rps and with so many rps i decided i would just end this one nicely instead of just abandoning it you know hope you wouldn't mind  :sweatingbullets: 

Delilah listened to Horace intently, "They have a whole bunch of tools and stuff like a little light to look in your eyes and stuff like that. I don't think people with dragons burn go to Muggle doctors." She laughed a bit. She smiled at him as he said goodbye, "Yeah it was really nice meeting you too, bye." She replied. "I'm going to stay here a bit longer." Delilah heard him humming the song she was singing and she smiled again, returning to sit on the stage and sing a little bit herself, a bit more careful than last time though, she might take up his recommendation on joining the choir, if there was one. 

Delilah looked around at the instruments in the room, she had heard there was a band but that wasn't really her style considering all she could do was sing. She still didn't have the highest hopes in herself but she met somebody new so that was nice, and Horace seemed quite nice too, everybody she had met so far had been nothing but nice to her. Except one person but he was alright, nothing overly noteworthy or anything to hate him from. Eventually Delilah hopped off of the stage once more and left the rehearsal room herself.

[End]

Reducio
Nah it's perfectly fine, tbh I have loads of rps myself that I need to get replying to