Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in

A Soft Place to Land  PV E. Aspen   Finished 

Reducio
Continued from this thread.

Sonya smiled as she pushed open the door of the rehearsal room and entered, with Ezekiel following close behind her. She was glad to find it empty, as it typically was at this time. She stepped further into the room and gave a twirl and a leap, admiring all the space she had. This was her happy place. Her soft place to land after a long day. It was probably her favorite place in the whole school, if she had to choose.

"This is the rehearsal room," she explained to Ezekiel, "I come here a lot." She grinned. She just really loved this room. She came to practice her singing, dancing, or anything else. She felt most comfortable when preforming and even in the spaces she preformed. Although she was pretty comfortable and relaxed before, once she stepped into the rehearsal room she cot even more relaxed and confidant with herself. She loved to share what she loved with friends and she wanted to be friends with Ezekiel.

She hummed to herself a bit. "Be warned, I could break into a spontaneous musical number any minute," she laughed. She really could. It was something that just happened when ever she felt like it.
Last edited by Sonya Carlson on 11th November 2018, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Life is never what you plan"

Ezekiel was amazed at the enormous and beautiful rehearsal room. He himself had never been in it before, since acting or singing was never his thing. He laughed as Sonya twirled and leaped, talking about her favorite place at Hogwarts. Ezekiel could tell that she had a deep connection to the rehearsal room, as if it was an escape from reality. Ezekiel could relate. The astronomy tower was his favorite, although sometimes he was excluded from it during class hours. The stars were something Ezekiel had always been fascinated with. Maybe he could show Sonya his escape from reality...

"Be warned, I could break into a spontaneous musical number any minute." The two strangers-going-on-friends laughed in unison. Sonya was beaming. Ezekiel could tell she was excited to show him this place.

"This place is amazing," he said, gazing around the gargantuas area. "I can't believe I could've missed something so amazing in here. I bet ya come here a lot, eh? I would, but there's no use. I can't dance or act, so there's not a reason to come." He looked at Sonya, who was still smiling. This made him smile in return. "It's still a really beautiful place. Surprised it's empty, though. Seems like a lot of talented people like ya would come in and out of here. Speaking of talent, what do you do in here?"

Ezekiel Brooke Aspen;; First Year, Ravenclaw

Sonya smiled softly as Ezekiel remarked on the rehearsal room. He seemed to like it, and that made her happy. She really doubted he had no use in the rehearsal room. She thought everyone had talent, they just had to look for it. That was just Sonya seeing the best in people though.

"Oh I just sing, dance, do whatever really," Sonya said in response to his question. She mostly sang, usually accompanied by acting and dancing. "I could do I song for you if you'd like," she said, not really looking for a response. She needed to do something with her energy. She thought about what to sing for a moment, she wanted something energetic, something that showcased her talents, maybe some humor, and most definitely lots of belting. She finally settled on her go to song, Popular from Wicked. She started to sing
"Whenever I see someone less fortunate than I
And—let's face it—who isn't less fortunate than I?
My tender heart
Tends to start to bleed
And when someone needs a makeover
I simply have to take over
I know, I know exactly what they need
And even in your case
Though it's the toughest case I've yet to face
Don't worry. I'm determined to succeed
Follow my lead
And yes, indeed
You will be...
Popular!
You're gonna be popular!
I'll teach you the proper poise
When you talk to boys
Little ways to flirt and flounce
I'll show you what shoes to wear
How to fix your hair
Everything that really counts
To be popular!
I'll help you be popular!
You'll hang with the right cohorts
You'll be good at sports
Know the slang you've got to know
So let's start
'Cause you've got an awfully long way to go...
Don't be offended by my frank analysis
Think of it as personality dialysis
Now that I've chosen to become a pal, a sister and adviser
There's nobody wiser
Not when it comes to popular.
I know about popular
And with an assist from me
To be who you'll be
Instead of dreary who-you-were... or are...
There's nothing that can stop you
From becoming populer —Lar...
La la la la
We're gonna make you popular
When I see depressing creatures
With unprepossessing features
I remind them on their own behalf to think of
Celebrated heads of state or
Especially great communicators.
Did they have brains or knowledge?
Don't make me laugh!
They were popular! Please.
It's all about popular!
It's not about aptitude
It's the way you're viewed
So it's very shrewd to be
Very very popular
Like me!
And though you protest
Your disinterest
I know clandestinely
You're gonna grin and bear it
Your new-found popularity
La la la la
You'll be popular
Just not quite as popular
As me!"

Sonya was filled with the performance rush as she sang. The performance was extremely energized and hopped and spun around. She belted all the right notes, and she even threw in a few riffs when she was feeling confidant. When she preformed she transformed completely, forgetting about the real world and transforming into the character she was playing. She turned to Ezekiel, "So, how was it?"

"I could do a song for you if you'd like."

Ezekiel took his eyes away from the walls and ceilings of the rehearsal room to look at Sonya. His eyes widened, and he smiled a bit. He couldn't really respond verbally before she began singing, though. It didn't matter anyways; Sonya started dancing and singing as if nobody was there to watch.

Ezekiel's eyes followed the young girl as she danced and leaped, her voice carrying far across the giant room. He felt as if he was at a show, thousands of imaginary people watching behind him. He stepped over to a corner and sat, refusing to take his eyes of the beautiful girl before him. He could imagine the lights illuminating the room, a spotlight shining on Sonya. Her hair flew gracefully behind her as she danced, like a million tiny strings of amber in the wind. She twirled and jumped as she sang, her voice carrying almost flawlessly despite her movement.

Ezekiel couldn't help but smile. This beautiful girl, with a beautiful voice, and a beautiful smile, was dancing right in front of him. He couldn't tell if this was something she did often with others, or he was a special stranger. He could already tell Sonya was a very outgoing person, unlike himself. Maybe that was part of it, Ezekiel thought. Still, something felt different.

Sonya was an amazing dancer, and Ezekiel knew that she was destined for performance. She's doing it so well! How could she not be destined for this? When Sonya completed her number, a bit out of breath, Ezekiel jumped up and clapped. He was beaming. The beautiful dancer walked over to him. "So, how was it?" She asked.

"Are you kiddin'? I haven't seen somethin' like that in ages!" Ezekiel threw his hands in the air. "How?! Yer so amazin' at this! The dancin', the singin', everythin' was awesome!" Ezekiel had to quiet his own voice, even though he and Sonya were the only ones in the room. He smiled to himself, then at Sonya.

"I wish I could do somethin' like that," he said. "Me dad could sing and play guitar as a hobby, but I never picked it up. I always wanted to be a craftsman like he was. Still do..."
Last edited by Ezekiel Aspen on 29th October 2018, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonya couldn't help but grin at Ezekiel's compliments. "You're too nice," she blushed slightly and tucked her hair behind her ear. She had honestly never received that enthusiastic of a response. Of corse she was good at what she did, most of her performances were met with enthusiasm, but Ezekiel's response was overwhelmingly positive. Good remarks like that were always welcomed by her, they encouraged her to keep preforming and she found that she loved it when people were entertained by her. Sonya loved the applause that surfaced when she preformed, and that drove her forward.

She listened as the boy in front of her spoke. He said he wanted to be able to do something like that, but from his tone of voice it sounded like he didn't think he could. "I'm sure you could," she giggled, "Everyone has talent, it's just a matter of practice and time. The hard part is getting the courage to try." She herself had dedicated most of her time to getting better at the preforming arts, so it was no wonder she was good at it. She had passion for her craft and that's what got her far. People often claimed that they could never preform, but really all they needed was encouragement to try it first.

Ezekiel listened as the girl before him spoke encouraging words about talent and courage. Sonya said that everyone had talent, and that all you would need is some courage to try. Ezekiel himself had never performed on his own, but he had always loved watching others sing, dance, and act. He used to love going to shows with his father, and often whatched as his dad picked up the guitar and played. His dad had once asked Ezekiel if he wanted to play it, but the little boy excused the offer. Sometimes, he wondered if it would have been better to accept that offer, since he had always loved watching others do it. Maybe over summer break, he could ask his father about it. But, for now, guitar was not his priority. Space itself was. Stars, planets and systems was what Ezekiel had always been obsessed with. Now, his main goal was passing Astronomy, and becoming one who studies the stars.

"I've always liked theatre and all that stuff, but I've never taken part of it myself. I prefer the sky!" Ezekiel exclaimed. "The Astronomy tower is the best place in the school, at least in my perspective. I know you like this place best." Ezekiel smiled. Maybe he could take her to the tower. He took in a breath to invite her to his special hiding place, but something different came out.

"This was..... quite the introduction to eachother." Ezekiel laughed out loud, but inside he was disappointed. Maybe next time.

Sonya smiled as Ezekiel gushed about the Astronomy tower. She loved the stars, although most definitely not as much as him, that always looked so beautiful in the night sky and would have loved for him to take her the the astronomy tower. She liked seeing other people happy and seeing their happy places, she thought those things brought people together and she would most definitely like to be closer friends with Ezekiel.

He paused a moment and Sonya thought he might ask if she'd be interested in seeing the tower, but instead remarked on their introductions. Did this mean the conversation was coming to a close? It sounded like it. Sonya wondered if she had been too eccentric and had been overly friendly. Overly friendly? Was that even a thing? Probably not, more like she may have been overbearing. She hoped this wasn't the case. It was probably just getting a bit late.

"It was, wasn't it," she smiled, "I hope I wasn't too much." She gave a light laugh with the last statement. She tend to occasionally overthink her interactions with other people and cared a bit too much of what they thought of her. It just became a habit for her and she did it subconsciously.

It was, wasn't it? I hope I wasn't too much."

Too much? Too much? Ezekiel retaliated at her statement. How could she be too much? Ezekiel himself believed that he was too much to handle, but Sonya? Sure, taking Ezekiel to the rehearsal room the first time they met was a bit weird, but he had a lot of fun. Sonya was an amazing girl, and you could only expect things like this from a Hufflepuff like her. In fact, Ezekiel liked that about her. The thought of that made Ezekiel regret not inviting Sonya to the Astronomy tower. He wished he did, but he felt as if it was too late now. He hated that.

Ezekiel quickly answered in his surprise: "W-what? No! Yer, um, a great person, and I really liked meetin' you." Ezekiel began fidgeting with his hands. Nervousness. He tried calming himself, inhaling then exhaling with a large sigh. "I think yer great. I liked yer song, and this room-" Ezekiel looked around the giant and beautiful room again, only to look back into Sonya's eyes. "This was really fun. And..." Ezekiel's heart suddenly began racing. "Um, I think we should do this again," he said quietly. "Maybe another day... we could hang out in the Astronomy tower? Ya know, since ya showed me the rehearsal room." Maybe it's not to late after all....

Sonya listened as the boy talked nervously, complimenting her. She felt relief wash over her. She was glad she didn't seem too odd for Ezekiel. After all, she really liked him and wanted to keep in touch with him after this encounter. She liked all the similarities they had in their lives, yet had very different personalities. She liked how he excepted her for all of her eccentricities. Maybe they could eventually become good friends, maybe even best friends. The thought of a best friend made Sonya happy and she wanted that to happen more than ever now.

She smiled as he said they should hang out again in the Astronomy tower. He seemed quite nervous but she was hoping he'd invite her to see that with him. "I'd love to!" she responded enthusiastically. She realized she might have been a little too enthusiastically, but oh well. At least he'd know she was glad he asked. She couldn't wait to hang out with Ezekiel many more times, especially next time when they go to the astronomy tower together. She smiled at the thought of them hanging out a lot. "And for the record, I think you're pretty great as well," she said with a small giggle.

"And for the record, I think you're pretty great as well." Ezekiel blushed.

"Thanks, Sonya," Ezekiel responded. He smiled and laughed. He enjoyed Sonya's presence. Despite only knowing her for about an hour and a half, Ezekiel thought Sonya was an amazing person. He wished he could spend more time with her.

But there was silence. That awkward part in the conversation when it's coming to a close. He didn't want it to end, but Ezekiel knew the both of them probably had stuff to do. Ezekiel's Astronomy homework needed finishing anyways.

"This was really fun! I'm glad ye talked to me. But..." Ezekiel sighed. "...I've gotta catch up on homework. Gotta make sure I get the best grades, especially in Astronomy!" He held up finger guns in Sonya's direction. As his arms went back down, he laughed. He now felt like he could share some silliness. Still, he hadn't felt like this in a while. He was usually embraced by the arms of Loneliness, not of a young, compassionate girl. It made something inside him feel warm and fuzzy. In fact, it made everything feel that way. He smiled.

"I'm glad I met ye Sonya. Friends?" Ezekiel held out his hand for her to shake, as if it was a deal to be made. For Ezekiel, it was. And a very important one at that.

Sonya listened to Ezekiel talk with a smile. She was glad that Ezekiel had fun with her. The boy gave slightly awkward finger guns after he talked and she laughed. He could be quite funny. "Friends," she responded to his questioning tone and shook his extended hand. She was glad he felt the same way as her about creating a friendship.

Friendships were a pretty important thing to Sonya. She was a social person, interacting with people whenever she got the chance, and loved to try and form bonds. However, most bonds she made were not well maintained and she eventually lost touch with whoever she became acquainted with or simply never ended up deepening their friendship. She hopped for more eventually and was looking forward to doing it at Hogwarts. Ezekiel was a good start to this.

She then let out a sigh, remembering that they were closing up their conversation. "That was great but like you said, gotta keep up those grades," Sonya grinned and began to walk to the edge of the room, stopping and standing in front of the door. She wasn't pleased that they were ending the conversation, but it was bound to have to happen. "Catch you around," she smiled and waved and skipped out of the room.

Reducio
Figured this was a good place to stop. I'll close this and owl you about doing another thread sometime :biggrin: