Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back   Reply

Theater Arts Club Auditions  Members Only! 

Ellara approached the performance space next, a nervous smile on her face. Though the young witch was not unaccustomed to crowds, there was always something a little bit nerve-racking about being judged based on your talent of doing what you love. Taking a deep breath, she forced herself to relax, hold her head up high, and pull her shoulders back, just as her mum used to tell her when she was younger.

Once standing in the middle of the stage, Ellara smiled over at Sonya and announced, "My name is Ellara Butler. I'm a first year Hufflepuff, and I'll be reading a monologue from Romeo and Juliet, and singing "Castle on a Cloud" from the musical Les Miserables by Claude-Michel Schönberg.

She opted to sing first and stood in front of a microphone, singing with acapella, "There is a castle on a cloud... I like to go there in my sleep..." It was evident she had some form of training in the singing section, as her soprano voice echoed about the room in an almost ethereal manner. Her eyes shining with hope, she played the part off into the top left corner of the room, then finally finished a few verses and glanced back over at Sonya.

"Sorry if I mess this part up a little bit! Here goes." Ellara wiped the smile off of her face, replacing it with a serious, almost distressed expression, and looked at an invisible vial in her hand, visibly shaking. "What if it be a poison, which the friar subtly hath minister'd to have me dead. Lest in this marriage he should be dishonor'd, because he married me before to Romeo? I fear it is: and yet, methinks, it should not, for he hath still been tried a holy man..."

The scene moved forward as Ellara verbally pronounced Juliet's various worries on the arrangement, eventually stumbling back suddenly, with eyes wide as saucers, as she spotted Tybalt's ghost on stage left. "" O, look! methinks I see my cousin's ghost seeking out Romeo, that did spit his body upon a rapier's point: stay, Tybalt, stay!" She held up an arm, warding the invisible figure away.

Finally, with a look of solemnity, panic, and stress all at once, she held up the invisible vial and whispered, "Romeo, I come! This do I drink to thee." She held up the vial for a moment towards that back of the room in a toast to Romeo, then downed it like a shot, collapsing to the floor in silence.

After a moment, where she lay still, Ellara sprang back up to her feet and gave a slight curtsy, murmuring something along the lines of thanks before scurrying off stage.

“Just because you can’t see something doesn’t mean it’s not there. Sometimes you just have to have heart in what you believe in.” ~Ellara Butler

Theater Arts Club Auditions  Members Only! 

Ellara:
Reducio
Sonya smiled and watched a girl she didn't know, but recognized from the Hufflepuff common room. The girl slated, her name was Ellara. She began her audition with a song and Sonya thought it was real good. Les Miserables was often overused, but Ellara pulled it off. Sonya clapped when the girl stopped and then listened to her monologue. After she fell Sonya clapped again. "Great job! See you at the first meeting!"

"Life is never what you plan"
  Back   Reply