Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back   Reply

Theater Arts Club Auditions  Members Only! 

Reducio
If you're interested in being a part of the Theater Arts Club please sign up here first!

Sonya walked into the rehearsal room, exited for what was to come. Today was the day of the Theater Arts Club's auditions. She was so exited to be in charge of a club! Theater was an activity very close to her heart, so it was only natural that that was she club she created. She was eager to meet people who were passionate about theater, or even people who were just looking into it and wanted to try a new experience.

She had arrived early to set up and prepare. She tidied up the room a bit, moving any instruments to the side. They wouldn't be needed, as she had told the students that were interested to just prepare a monologue. She wanted to start with something simple, just to see what she was working with. Everyone was getting in, of course, these auditions were just for fun and to get to know whoever was interested in her club.

Sonya set up a small table and chair in front of the preforming area and sat down, papers in front of her. The auditionees should arrive soon. She waited for the first person to go up and get this show on the road.

"Life is never what you plan"

Tina was so confident in herself that she didn't prepare for audition and walked right onto the stage. She's been doing improv monologues for a long time, so she didn't think she would choke up. But on the stage she hesitated before starting, because she got a little nervous. What if she doesn't get in, she thought as she began to consider everything that could go wrong. She took in a deep breath before saying in a country accent, "I'm Marley. Marley Jones. Your parents probably read you the children's book The Little Engine that Could, but I'm here to tell you about the Big Tractor That Didn't Win The Race Because It Didn't Have An Engine. The person who was suppose to be driving the tractor had bought it for the race when they were 11 yeas old. That's right. I'm referring to rich, little Steve Willham. When he was 12, he took off the hood to use for a car race. When he was 13, he removed the steering wheel along with it's 4 wheels to use for a go kart race. When he was 14, he took out all of it's fuel and dumped it into to an ocean to see what would happen! By the time he was 15, his parents lost their wealth and so did he. Somehow, just somehow, he managed to replace all the parts he had "lost" and dragged his tractor the race to preserve fuel. When the race finally started, he was left in the dust. He inspected the tractor to discover that there was no engine! Us country folks know that you always check for an engine before you purchase a tractor. Poor Steve. He's 72 now and believes that he had one that race when it never even moved in the first place!!"

Tina looked at the person in charge of the club, hoping she had enjoyed her monologue.

Tina Addington
~Strive for Success, Kill with Kindness, Defeat and Destroy, Read and Recall

Tina:
Reducio
Sonya watched the first person with a smile on her face. The girl seemed a little nervous at first, but masked it well. She giggled at her funny country accent and clapped at the end. "That was wonderful! You're Tina, right?" she said, pretty sure of who the girl was, "I loved it! I've never heard that one before, but you preformed it wonderfully." The first performer had already set a high bar. "I look forward to seeing you at out first meeting!"

Devina lived for auditions. They were a chance for Devina to show everyone what she could do. The whole day of her audition for Theatre  Arts Club, she pondering what monologue she would perform. Would it be sassy? Would it be comedic? Maybe dramatic? She couldn't make up her mind. What were the other auditionees going to do? After being so indecisive, she finally up her mind. Sassy and comedic it would be. She put on a nice outfit, as she felt it was necessary to do for auditions. From her dresser, she took her emerald pendant necklace and hurried out the door to her first audition at Hogwarts

She hurried up to the rehearsal room. She felt good about this audition and wanted to do her best, even though everyone was already in the club. It was important to her that she got a leading role. Devina walked into the rehearsal room. There was already someone auditioning so she sat and waited. 

When it was her turn, she walked to center stage and gave a warming smile, her, red lips across her face. "Hello everyone. My name is Devina Spence, and today I will be performing a monologue from the musical Most Likely To: The Senior Superlative Musical. My character's name is Rosie." With that, she began her performance.

(Monologue begins)
"Having lost 'Most Dramatic,' 'Most Musical,' and other such...mundane titles, I am making my bid for 'Best All Around' by premiering a snippet from my upcoming as  yet to be titled one-woman extravaganza-slash-salute to the finest actors of our generation: the Olsen twins, featuring a special adaptation of my personal favorite: 'Passport to Paris.'" She turned around and prepped with the mantra: "My cat is dead, my cat is..." She begins producing fake tears. "'I heard 10 kids went home sick today from eating the Tuna Surprise- It had E. coli, and F. coli' and... scene. Thank you." (Monologue ends)

"Thank you for your time. Good luck to everyone else who is going to audition!" She took a bow and smiled as she walked off the stage. 
Reducio
Outfit: Dress and Shoes

The one, The only, Devina Claire Spence, here to slay with Slytherin Pride
STRG》9 | AGL》6 | CTRL》7 | STAM》8

Devina:
Reducio
Sonya smiled as another girl walked onstage and introduced herself. She seemed confident and put together, wearing a nice outfit. Her monologue it was comedic and she preformed it well with lots of drama. She laughed through pretty much the whole thing. When Devina finished, Sonya put herself together just in time to speak. "That was wonderful! Thanks for auditioning. Looking forward to seeing more of you!"

Elena walked out into the audition room. She held her new fiddle in her hand and smiled and waved at Sonya as she walked in.

"Hi, I'm Elena, but people tend to call me Puck." She opened her fiddle case and pulled it out, "It said theatre arts so I'm going to be dancing, playing my fiddle, and acting. I think you heard me sing before at the Enchanted Souls auditions, so I figured I'd cut that out to save time."

Elena put the fiddle up and drew the bow across the strings to test it. It was still in tune, like it was when she had obsessively retuned it for half an hour beforehand. She started to play Roundtable Rival by Lindsey Stirling. After the intro she begin to dance along with it, twirling and kicking along with the music. Occasionally she would jump up when she twirled, and she lost herself in the music. When the final bar finished she bowed and put her fiddle away.

"I'm hoping to perform a monologue I wrote. If that's okay." Elena stood up straight and took off her long jacket, her darker clothes were underneath. She breathed in and stepped forward.

"Well, you got my secret didn’t you, clever clever,
Or not so clever, seeing as now you know you’re in danger,
A lot of danger, as in, if I left you now you would die,
It’s almost ironic, I needed you and you didn’t trust me,
And now you need me and I don’t trust you,
Actually, that’s a lie, I still trust you,
I even love you,
But I can’t be with you,
Because you’re the hero and I’m the villain,
I love you more than anything in this life or the next,
So I trust you with one last thing,
I trust you to let me end this on my terms,
I won’t fight you love, I can’t,
I can’t hurt you,
So instead, I’ll die knowing that at one point at least,
You loved me back.
"

Elena bowed again.

Elena:
Reducio
Sonya watched as Elena walked into the room and to the stage. She knew the talented girl from Enchanted Souls and was looking forward to her audition. She listened as Elena went above and beyond by first playing her fiddle and doing a dance. The song was incredibly catchy and Sonya found herself tapping her foot to it and nodding and the girl in front of her did a dance. Elena then put the fiddle away and began an original monologue. It was dramatic, a nice contrast from the first two comedy monologues. Sonya clapped as she finished. "Loved it! That was a fantastic original monologue. Can't wait to see you at the first meeting!"

Is it okay if our rp isn't connected to this club?

Harley was excited, but he held it in. It was his turn, and he was ready for this. He walked up onto the stage, and introduced himself. He maintained his aura of coolness, and kept his face straight.

"My name is Harley Witstone, and I am particularly good at singing, acting, and script-writing. To begin, I act out a scene from my work in progress play, 'Voldemort:Origins of the Heir'. It is based off of what information I could get about history's 'Greatest Dark Lord'. The character I will be playing is 'Tom Riddle', the Dark Lord himself."

He inhaled deeply, and began.

"You are a seeker, right?
He tilted his head slightly and spoke to an imaginary person.
You know too well how the game works.
He stated as if he knew the imaginary person his entire life.
You have to chase it;
Harley looked up slightly, and closed his eyes. He looked as if he were picturing it in his head.
You have to grab it,
He brought up his fist, and closed it. He looked down, and kept his eyes on it.
To end the game. But it never rests. It's unstoppable.
Harley looked back at the imaginary person with focused eyes.
You cannot think, 'No past, no future'."
He ended with a cliffhanger.

Harley quickly, but calmly walked off the stage without so much of a 'Bye, I'm walking off'.

~ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕖𝕪 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖
ℍ𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔸𝕟𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℕ𝕠𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖

Harley: That's totally fine
Reducio
Sonya watched as a boy calmly approached. He introduced himself and his original play, which seemed slightly questionable. She raised an eyebrow at Harley's description of Voldemort. He went on with the performance and Sonya found it quite impressive despite his introduction. He was quite good at acting. She found herself clapping at the end. As he walked off she barely managed to say, "See you at the first meeting!" He didn't even look back. She shrugged, maybe seeing him in the club she could eventually figure him out.

After the others had auditioned, Aeri walked onto the stage and relaxed herself. The stage was the one place that she could be herself without feeling shy, she just felt comfortable there. She cleared her throat and announced, "I shall be reciting only Juliet's lines in Scene Two, Capulet's Orchard from Romeo and Juliet." Some people may not know this play since most Muggles don't read this play until high school, but she was came across the book at her local Muggle Library and was hooked on Shakespeare ever since.

She rested her hand upon her cheek and sighed before quoting the scene by heart. "Ay me!" Aeri paused for a moment and looked around her. "O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet." She then walked around and looked frustrated with herself. "'Tis but thy name that is my enemy; Thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What's a Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, nor any other part belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet; So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd, retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, and for that name which is no part of thee take all myself."

Aeri finished her audition with a curtsy. "Thank you for listening to my audition. I also would like to wish the other students good luck with their auditions." She smiled sweetly at the audience as she straightened her posture before exiting the stage.

"There is no shortcut to perfection. All it takes is hard work and more hard work." -Jonghyun

Aeri:
Reducio
Sonya smiled as another girl went up to the stage. She seemed relaxed and pretty confidant. The girl said she'd be preforming from Romeo and Juliet and Sonya perked up. Although originals and moderns were good, and the other people preformed them very well, it was nice to hear some classics in the mix. The girl preformed her lines dramatically, and with some great facial expressions as well. When she finished Sonya clapped. "That was wonderful!" she exclaimed, "See you at our first meeting!"

Stella was nervous. Everyone else before her had been so good. And she was nervous. How did they do it? She walked on stage and gulped. She knew Sonya. She could do this! "Hi! I'm going to be doind something out of Hamilton? The musical? Yeah. Oh, yeah. I'm Stella Rose."

Stella was already making a fool of herself. She frowned and then tried to smile She could do it! Then Stella began, putting acting and voice impersonating skills to work:

"How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a
Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten
Spot in the Caribbean by providence, impoverished, in squalor
Grow up to be a hero and a scholar?"

Stella switched to the tones of John Laurens:
"The ten-dollar Founding Father without a father
Got a lot farther by working a lot harder
By being a lot smarter
By being a self-starter
By fourteen, they placed him in charge of a trading charter."
She switched voices again.
"And every day while slaves were being slaughtered and carted
Away across the waves, he struggled and kept his guard up
Inside, he was longing for something to be a part of
The brother was ready to beg, steal, borrow, or barter."

[JAMES MADISON]
"Then a hurricane came, and devastation reigned
Our man saw his future drip, dripping down the drain
Put a pencil to his temple, connected it to his brain
And he wrote his first refrain, a testament to his pain"

[BURR]
"Well, the word got around, they said, “This kid is insane, man”
Took up a collection just to send him to the mainland
“Get your education, don’t forget from whence you came, and
The world's gonna know your name. What’s your name, man?”

[ALEXANDER HAMILTON]
Alexander Hamilton
My name is Alexander Hamilton
And there's a million things I haven't done
But just you wait, just you wait...

[ELIZA HAMILTON]
When he was ten his father split, full of it, debt-ridden
Two years later, see Alex and his mother bed-ridden
Half-dead sittin' in their own sick, the scent thick

[FULL COMPANY EXCEPT HAMILTON (whispering)]
And Alex got better but his mother went quick

[GEORGE WASHINGTON & COMPANY, BOTH]
"Moved in with a cousin, the cousin committed suicide
Left him with nothin' but ruined pride, something new inside
A voice saying
“Alex, you gotta fend for yourself.”
He started retreatin' and readin' every treatise on the shelf."

[BURR & COMPANY, BOTH]
"There would have been nothin’ left to do
For someone less astute
He woulda been dead or destitute
Without a cent of restitution
Started workin', clerkin' for his late mother's landlord
Tradin’ sugar cane and rum and all the things he can’t afford
Scammin' for every book he can get his hands on
Plannin' for the future see him now as he stands on (ooh)
The bow of a ship headed for a new land
In New York you can be a new man."

Stella shivered. Had she done it? Or was she going to get kicked out?

"Thank you for listening." Stella took a deep breath. "I hope you like it?"

Outside of a dog, a dog is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's dark
- Groucho Marx

Stella:
Reducio
Sonya smiled when she saw her friend Stella approach. She seemed a bit nervous as she introduced herself and stuttered a bit. Sonya nodded at her to continue on. Stella began her performance of Hamilton, and she did it quite well. Her acting was spot on, as well as the singing and rapping.When she finished, Sonya clapped. "That was really good! See you at the first meeting!"

She took in a deep breath. This was an amateur audition, there was no way she couldn't make it. How many of these guys had been doing these things professionally? Alexx was raised around the professional business. There was no one in here who could have possibly seen the things she had seen. Call her cocky, but she knew it was true. She had the upper hand in the arts. And so the best thing she could do was provide her professionalism to this school and to help aspiring actors and actresses rise to the top.

Alexx waited her turn, tuning out those who went before her so that she wouldn't distract herself. But when it was finally her turn, she stood proudly, smiling. She climbed to the stage, excited. "Bonjour! Je m'apelle Alexx Helm! Today I will be reading a monologue, singing, and I am sure you heard me play at the Enchanted Souls audition, so I decided to leave the tuba and the bass clarinet in the case today." She announced cheerfully. Then, clearing her throat, she started again. "I will be reading from Act Four of Uncle Vanya by Anton Chekhov, spoken by the character Astroff.

You seem to be sincere and good, and yet there is something strangely
disquieting about all your personality. No sooner did you arrive
here with your husband than every one whom you found busy and
actively creating something was forced to drop his work and give
himself up for the whole summer to your husband's gout and
yourself. You and he have infected us with your idleness. I have
been swept off my feet; I have not put my hand to a thing for
weeks, during which sickness has been running its course
unchecked among the people, and the peasants have been pasturing
their cattle in my woods and young plantations. Go where you
will, you and your husband will always carry destruction in your
train. I am joking of course, and yet I am strangely sure that
had you stayed here we should have been overtaken by the most
immense desolation. I would have gone to my ruin, and you--you
would not have prospered. So go! E finita la comedia!"

She paused in the spot where Helena would respond to Astroff before continuing.
"How strange it is. We meet, and then suddenly it seems
that we must part forever. That is the way in this world. As long
as we are alone, before Uncle Vanya comes in with a
bouquet--allow me--to kiss you good-bye--may I?"

Then, smiling, she took a bow. That was Alexx's go-to audition monologue. It was the first one that she ever memorized, and it was always a guaranteed jaw-dropper. To memorize lines from an uncommon Russian play at the age of 9 was impressive, but to remember it up until you were 12 was even better. "And scene." She called, smiling. "Now, I will sing 'Mama Who Bore Me' from Spring Awakening." Alexx almost went with something from Hamilton, but she knew better. It was common and overdone, despite the musical itself being brilliant. Spring Awakening didn't nearly get enough credit for its genius in any case. Despite her not being religious (obviously), the song was a good audition song, and it complimented her vocal range very well.

"Mama who bore me
Mama who gave me
No way to handle things
Who made me so sad
Mama, the weeping
Mama, the angels
No sleep in Heaven, or Bethlehem

Some pray that, one day, Christ will come a-callin'
They light a candle, and hope that it glows
And some just lie there, crying for him to come and find them
But when he comes, they don't know how to go

Mama who bore me
Mama who gave me
No way to handle things
Who made me so bad
Mama, the weeping
Mama, the angels
No sleep in Heaven, or Bethlehem."

She ended the song, smiling. "And, that concludes my audition. Thank you."

Strength:7 Agility:6 Control:5 Stamina:8

Alexx:
Reducio
Sonya watched as a confident girl, who introduced herself as Alexx Helm, walked up. She remembered the girl from the Enchanted Souls Band. She seemed very collected, yet exited. Sonya was glad to have someone who presented positive vibes. The girl began her audition with a monologue. She did it perfectly, and Sonya clapped. Alexx then sang the song Mama Who Bore Me, which Sonya loved. Alexx's voice was prefect for this song and she hit all the notes. Sonya clapped yet again when her audition was over. "That was wonderful," She smiled, "See you at the first meeting."

Back   Reply