Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in

Singing Alone... Or Not?  PV H.Witstone 

Sonya entered the rehearsal room with a big smile on her face. She loved the room and had been there many times since she got to Hogwarts. She loved preforming and whenever she got the chance she went to the rehearsal room and sang her heart out. She had figured out the times when it was most likely to be empty and now was one of those times, right after dinner and people were heading to their dorms or talking to friends.

She did some vocal warm ups as she thought about what she would sing. Sonya loved singing and knew lots of songs, as she had been learning things from a very young age. She felt that theater was almost a part of her. Her mother, who passed away right after giving birth to her, was a performer and it felt like a way to connect with her. Her aunt, who lived in New York City, took her to a broadway show one day and ever since then Sonya was obsessed with performance. She took continuous vocal lessons, a few acting classes but she was a natural at that, and various dance classes. She took pride in her work and took every opportunity to rehearse and preform.

She paced a bit as she thought of songs to practice. There were so many that she loved to do and wanted to practice. After going through a few in here head she decided to sing 'In My Own Little Corner' from Cinderella.

"I’m as mild and as meek as a mouse
When I hear a command I obey
But I know of a spot in my house
Where no one can stand in my way
In my own little corner
In my own little chair
I can be whatever I want to be
On the wing of my fancy
I can fly anywhere
And the world will open its arms to me
I’m a young Norwegian princess or a milkmaid
I’m the greatest prima donna in Milan
I’m an heiress who has always had her silk made
By her own flock of silkworms in Japan!
I’m a girl men go mad for, love’s a game I can play
With a cool and confident kind of air
Just as long as I stay
In my own little corner
All alone
In my own
Little chair
I can be whatever I want to be
I’m a thief in Calcutta
I’m a queen in Peru
I’m a mermaid dancing upon the sea
I’m a huntress on an African safari
It’s a dangerous kind type sport and yet it’s fun
In the night I sally forth to seek my quarry
And I find I forgot to bring my gun!
I am lost in the jungle
All alone and unarmed
When I meet a lioness in her lair!
Then I’m glad to be back
In my own little corner
All alone
In my own
Little chair"

"Life is never what you plan"

Harley heard a muffled voice, just inside the rehearsal room. The closer he got, the more pronounced it got. He identified the singer as a female, and waited outside, to listen to the singing more.

"Just as long as I stay
In my own little corner"

Harley's eyes lit up, but he hid that from the other students passing by. It was from one of those muggle movies that he watched. He was always fascinated by muggle inventions, but never the muggles themselves.

He leaned on the wall, and tried to remember what movie it came from. He closed his eyes, and thought about it. Some other students passing by, looked at him strangely. After all, it wasn't everyday you see a Slytherin not paying attention to their surroundings.

Harley finally remembered. It was from Cinderella! Harley was actually a big fan of Disney. His favorite fandom was, 'Star Wars'.

He heard the girl stop singing, and decided to barge in at that time. He unceremoniously threw the door open and tilted his head up, to produce an arrogant look.

"Heh, what would a Mud-blood like you do here?" Truth be told, he did not know whether the girl was a Mud-blood or not. "I heard your singing from outside the halls." She spoke, but Harley cut her off. "It sounded like a cat getting run over by that thingy that muggles use with four wheels."

"You should just give up," Harley did not want to be so mean, but he had a reputation to keep up. "The name is Harley Witstone, so remember that." He shoved her to the side, making her fall, and was about to make his exit.

~ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕖𝕪 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖
ℍ𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔸𝕟𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℕ𝕠𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖

Sonya listened and watched carefully as a boy burst into the room with an arrogant look. Usually nobody would come into the room for a while but whatever, she didn't mind. Or so she thought. The boy promptly started to try and insult her. "I'm not-" she tried to speak but he cut her off instantly. The boy then proceeded to tell her to she was a terrible singer and should give up. That didn't really bother Sonya since she had other people tell her otherwise. She walked up and tried to approach him confidently to tell him that he was wrong but he then decided to push her to the side as he said his name, making her fall over.

Sonya was on the floor with a frown when he started to make an exit. She noticed him go to open the door and gave a hearty laugh. "Really? You come in here to insult me and just leave," she laughed, "Geez. I have to say, that's kinda pathetic. Going out of your way to insult someone, and with such awful material." She paused for a second to smirk. Usually she wasn't like this but usually she wasn't treated this way. "You know, I've had people more qualified then you tell me I'm a good singer, but I guess I really am failure if you say so," she shrugged and got up from the floor, waiting for a response.

"Life is never what you plan"