Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Secret Talent  Closed 

Mackenzie stumbles upon the rehearsal room, empty and silent. She walks in and looks at everything in awe, all the beautiful instruments; the tools to create something wonderful. A wide smile escapes her mouth as she spots the light brown grand piano, her favourite instrument and biggest hobby. Ever since she was 4 years old she'd been taking lessons, and hopes to continue them during the holidays.

"Wow..." she whispers to herself, walking up to the piano in a hurry.

She touches the piano's smooth surface, noticing how shiny and well polished the wood is. Looking around the room to double check for someone, she sits on the wooden stool. The keys were all shiny and looked to be brand new, though the piano must've been years old. She presses the C note, the delightful sound reverberating across the room.

Won't hurt to have a little go would it? Mackenzie thought, putting both hands on the right keys to begin playing. Her mind goes straight to one of her favourite muggle songs, 'Believe' by the singer Cher.

Softly, she begins playing a soft acoustic and slowed down version of the song, sinking into the soft melody of the music.

No matter how hard I try
You keep pushing me aside
And I can't break through
There's no talking to you
It's so sad that you're leaving
It takes time to believe it
But after all is said and done
You're gonna be the lonely one

Do you believe in life after love
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough
Do you believe in life after love
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough
Last edited by Mackenzie Rivers on 17th February 2018, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'I'm an observer, because actions often speak louder than words' - Mackenzie Rivers

Secret Talent  Closed 

Lilias opened the door to the rehearsal room and stopped when she heard singing. She watched the girl at the piano play each note effortlessly, sing with such a beautiful voice. She had always wanted to sing, but her voice wasn't good enough. It never had been.
   The girl sitting before piano was magic, truly magical with the instrument. The way she blended everything so seamlessly was utterly amazing. She wanted to stand there and listen to her play forever. She hiked her robe back up onto her shoulders so she wouldn't trip later and listened to the ginger haired girl play her song. 
    "B-Beau-Beauutiful..." She whispered into the room.

Lilias Watson, the girl that is the flower

Secret Talent  Closed 

Mackenzie stops suddenly, she could hear a small whisper from behind her. Her heart hammering in her chest, she whips her head around and spots a red haired girl, much like her own, staring at her. Mackenzie stood up abruptly, she should never have played the piano. Her father only knew of her piano skills, her love for singing was a complete secret; until now.

The girl who stood at the door looked tiny compared to the robes she wore. her robes were falling off her shoulders, Mackenzie noticed how she kept hoisting them up several times. She was definitely in the first year, just like Mackenzie, though she's never seen her before. She looked quite nervous and like a deer in headlights staring at Mackenzie. Mackenzie could only relate to the girl; she, herself, was frightened of meeting people.

"Hi," Mackenzie says quietly, heading towards the exit to go drown in her embarrassment. Nobody had ever heard her sing, it was a secret she wanted to always keep to herself. "I was just heading out, the room's free if you want to use it." she says, walking closer and closer towards the door. She stops once she hears the girl's voice pipe up.
Last edited by Mackenzie Rivers on 17th February 2018, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'I'm an observer, because actions often speak louder than words' - Mackenzie Rivers

Secret Talent  Closed 

"I-I can't-n't play...Or-rr even si-i-ing-ing for thatt matt-tt-tter." Lilias rung her hands, watching the girl approach her. No - the door. She was leaving. "I-I-m sorrry. I had heeaard music a-annd folllowed it. I-I like to lllisten siiince I-I-I-I can't doo it mmmys-s-self.."
   Lilias stepped away from the door to let the girl leave. She was upset at herself for even thinking what she did was okay. And sad that she could no longer hear her music. It was such a beautiful song. She wondered who wrote it. It wasn't one she had ever heard.

Secret Talent  Closed 

"I-I can't-n't play...Or-rr even si-i-ing-ing for thatt matt-tt-tter."

"I-I-m sorrry. I had heeaard music a-annd folllowed it. I-I like to lllisten siiince I-I-I-I can't doo it mmmys-s-self.."

Mackenzie pauses at the door, noticing how disappointed in herself the girl looked and sounded. Her voice was quiet and gentle, it seemed as though she was watching the words she said carefully. She didn't want the girl to kick herself out of guilt by this accident, it's nowhere near the girl's fault. It was Mackenzie's fault she got spotted playing, she should've been more careful. The girl also seemed to have trouble speaking, her stutter clear as day; a confidence knocker.

Mackenzie's father told her to make friends, that the only way to get through school is by having someone you can share memories with. He wouldn't like knowing how she hasn't got any friends yet and there were hundreds of students here. Mackenzie often thought it's because she's a very unlucky person, everything usually has to go wrong for her.

I could maybe make a friend out of her, Mackenzie thought to herself before making a decision.

Turning to face the girl, she gives her a small smile, "my name's Mackenzie.".
Last edited by Mackenzie Rivers on 17th February 2018, 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Secret Talent  Closed 

Lilias looked up at the girl. She smiled faintly. "L-LLLiliias."
   She hiked her robe back up onto her shoulders, pushed her sleeves up, and brushed her hair back. The robe really annoyed her since it didn't fit her properly. She didn't have enough money to get herself a new one so she'd have to just live with the ones she has. 

Secret Talent  Closed 

"Nice to meet you. So..." Mackenzie trails off, uncertain on how to carry on the conversation. She didn't want to leave the conversation now and make Lilias feel unwanted; she seems quite sensitive.

Mackenzie racked her brain for a conversation starter. Would the weather be a good conversation? she thought, but crossed off that idea quickly. Maybe she could start the conversation with any exciting news about the school?

She takes a glance around the room for some inspiration. She looks at the beautifully carved violins and cello's in the corner of the room. The room had captured her eyes again and she was in her own little world of wonder. Mackenzie thought about maybe coming here a couple times a week and play the piano, it would help with her lessons in the holidays. Maybe there were more rooms like this one, even more instruments hidden in the ginormous castle.

She wanted to explore the outside of the school more, she's only managed to explore inside. There's the Quidditch pitch and the Lake, all great places to visit among the castle. She could feels the Lilias's eyes watching her, waiting for Mackenzie to carry on talking. Mackenzie was lost at a conversation starter, until Lilias finally started the conversation.
Last edited by Mackenzie Rivers on 17th February 2018, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secret Talent  Closed 

"C-C-Coulld you ttteach me to plllay?" Lilias looked hopeful. Mackenzie played beautifully. She had always wanted to play an instrument, but all of her studies were focused on magical training. 

Secret Talent  Closed 

Mackenzie gives her a smile, and nods her head, "yeah, sure. I can try." she chuckles slightly.

She's never taught someone before, but there's always a first to everything. Will she remember the right chords, how will she start? She took note of Lilias, deciding she'd clearly not had any sort of lessons before and was eager to learn. Mackenzie didn't want to let her down, but she feared she might do.

She walks to the grand piano and sits on one side of the stool, leaving space for Lilias to follow. Should she maybe start with explaining the notes and where they are? or maybe explain the difference between the white and black keys.

Her father only put her into piano because he had once played. She started at 4 and still loves it to this day. Almost as soon as she starts playing she falls into the peaceful melody and is immersed in each step the music takes. She follows the story from happy to anger, feeling it herself. Playing piano is much like reading to her, as easy as it too. Maybe after teaching Lilias the basics, she'll also start loving piano. Mackenzie sits and waits quietly for Lilias to join her.
Last edited by Mackenzie Rivers on 17th February 2018, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secret Talent  Closed 

Lilias beamed and hugged Mackenzie. She was shorter than the girl and only managed to hug her waist. "Th-Thannk youu!" This was the best thing that had ever happened to her. She had not only made a friend, but also she would finally be able to learn the piano. She'd be able to express herself through music like her words failed to do.
   She looked down when that thought crossed her mind. Her voice just always failed her. Never was her voice beautiful and flawless like so many others. It was an imperfection. She was an imperfection...
   But now she'd learn piano! A beautifully flawless instrument meant for music and expression. She'd be able to play her own music and express herself for the first time in forever.
   Lilias followed the girl to the piano and sat down beside her. The keys were so beautiful and organized. They were shinning in the light and Lilias was drawn to them. Perhaps she was always meant to play the piano and opting out to learn when she was younger was a mistake. Regardless, she'd learn to play now.
   She idly ran her hands over the keys, not making a single sound. She placed her fingers in a way she had seem Mackenzie do earlier and pressed down. The noise filled the room and Lilias smiled. Music. She had made music. It wasn't a song at all but it was music.
Last edited by Lilias Watson on 17th February 2018, 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Secret Talent  Closed 

Quick Reminder: The word count per post is 200 words. Please update your posts to reflect this standard.

Just a trick of the lighting they said...

Secret Talent  Closed 

((I can't do much more than what I put in my edit. If it gets me kicked for how little I write them let the creators kick me. I came here to enjoy myself and have fun in an all Harry Potter roleplay. I love this fandom and I feel like people should be able to have fun and write however much or little they please, not be constricted by too long response requirements. This is entirely my opinion. Don't get offended by it please. That's never my goal.))

Secret Talent  Closed 

((Sorry! I'm still very new to the website and I think I got a bit carried away and forgot that rule. I'm slowly making sure all my posts are 200 words now. Sorry again!))

Secret Talent  Closed 

((I added more. It's your turn.))

Secret Talent  Closed 

Adohiro entered the music room since he could play the piano and violin since he was four years old. Music and books were his only friends growing up in his lonely childhood. He was unsure if he could play the piano without permission. He entered the music room, seeing a few people inside the room. There were a few pianos so he took his seat on one that was empty. He began to play Symphony No. 9, his fingers dancing on the piano keys quickly. He had been tutored by one of the best pianist teachers from South Korea, the country he hailed from since he was four years old so he was exceptionally good at playing the piano. He was also taught how to play the violin too, but he preferred the comfort of the piano. It was the first instrument he was taught to play so it remained his favorite. Once the piece of music was over, he had stopped. The piano keys seemed quite dusty so no one had played with it for awhile. It was sad to see a piano neglected like a forlorn child so he hoped more people could play the piano.

"Why are you telling me to choose
When I only have my eyes half-open?
Somebody let me know, tell me which way to go"
-내일, 오늘
  Back