Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Stage Magic-Meeting 1  Members Only   Closed 

Mia Alexander
Stage Magic
June 23

Mia walked into the room, biting her lip. A few days ago she had auditioned. Now she was the head of the music department and heading the first meeting. How things had changed.

This meeting was going to be so much fun. She smiled thinking of it.

Mia loved to be organized, and on top of things, and this was exactly that. She was going to organize the fundraising groups, and make them the best that they could be.

Over night she had planned it all on a sheet of paper, and she took it out of her pocket, resting it on the podium that she walked to.

The room was set up the night before-by her-in a peculiar fashion. She had placed a desk at the front of the room with a few chairs behind it for the staff-all labeled with post-its-and she had placed chairs that she had taken from around the castle in neat rows, also labled.

At the front of the room was a podium, with an empty vase glued to it. Inside the vase was chalk which could be used to write on the large chalkboard behind the podium.

In all, it looked like a kid's idea of a classroom.

She sat down behind the podium and waited, expectantly. Kids started filing in-starting with a put together girl and ending with one that looked nearly lost-and took their seats hesitantly, often searching for a bit before finding their chair.

When everyone was sitting down, Mia stood up, smiling.

Hello! I'm Mia Alexander! I'm the head of the music department, and I'll be heading this critical meeting. As you may know, you will be required to raise funds not only for the play we will be putting on, but also for the field trip we will be taking. That is why it is crucial that everyone participate in raising money.

Mia looked down at her paper and then back at the board. She walked over, took a piece of white chalk from the vase, and started writing.

There will be 5 different groups. Each group will have a maximum of 2 people except for one.

The sound of chalk echoed through the classroom and Mia furrowed her brow, focused. She finally stepped back and admired her handiwork.

Ok. So how this is going to work is you all are going to raise your hands. I will call on you, and when I do, you will tell me which group you want to be in. REMEMBER. 2 kids per group EXCEPT for the small show, which can be 3+ kids. In one of the groups the group members get to choose what they want to do.

Mia cleared her throat and when back to the podium.

Before I start, I'd just like everyone to get a set of the plan.

She picked up the papers and handed them to the girl closest to her. She gestured to pass them along. Before long, everyone had a paper.
Mia's Plan for Fundraising!

1. Once you have assembled in your groups, please figure out where you are going to meet. People with wizarding parents-please make sure to accommodate for the muggleborns. You can apparate places. They cannot.

2. Decide on a time. This must be between July 1st and August 1st.
Reducio
OOC: You must start your RP between these dates and be done by August 31st. I will be checking in on you throughout the process. If you are not sure if you can do it, I would prefer if you join the 3+ person group, as the show can go on without you. People MAY godmod you if you become inactive.

3. Make a plan. Decide on where, and how you are going to execute this.

4. Carry out the plan! (self-explanatory)

5. Give the proceeds to Mia Alexander, who will be storing them in a vault in Gringotts.
Mia cleared her throat again before continuing.

So. Please raise your hands. When I call on you, please suggest a show that you'd like to do and the group you'd like to join. Thank you.
Last edited by Mia Alexander on 1st July 2018, 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Chocolate omnia constituit"
//Co-Founder of Gobstones Club//Writer//

Reducio
Annabelle cannot get to her computer, but I am reserving a spot in the Kids Drama Camp for her.

Emma filed into the Rehearsal Room, she had never stepped foot in the room before, it is was fairly simple to find. All she had to do was pick one of the four doors she had never traveled into and hope that she'd get fairly lucky. Thankfully, she spotted some of her fellow Stage Magic members and decided to trail behind them.

The brunette was so thankful that she had gotten accepted, but she wondered what the meeting was about. Was there going to be a performance, or was it just a mandatory meeting that all members had to attend for staff purposes.

She looked at the neatly organized room with a podium at the front of the room. As she took her seat, she was lucky to have not landed on her bottom. Narrowly missing the edge of the seat, she sat down and transferred herself to the middle of the chair where it properly belonged.

Emma looked at the staff member introducing herself on the podium. She was sure she had seen her walking the halls. The chalk's annoying grinding played throughout the room and she shifted to the left to try and get a glimpse of her writing.

Bakesale, face painting, small show, kids drama club - that sounds interesting - and... group decides? That could have meant anything, yet everything that she thought off ending up giving something back. She was interested in the Kids Club, would she work with students or actual children of London? Most likely students, it seemed most logical.

As it was her turn to grab the paper, she took one then passed it down to the next person awaiting their personal copy. As it was her turn to answer, she took it mostly as attendance and raised her hand before speaking. "Kids Drama club, please."

The Ravenclaw looked at the board for a moment, collecting her thoughts before she answered. She wasn't going to say anything that involved trivia, or even worse, walking. What wasn't already on that board? She thought to herself, but the more she looked at it, the more her thoughts were corrupted. She shrugged and came up with the first thing that had entered her mind, she didn't think it was on the board.

"What about a talent show? People from around the school can sign up for a fee to show their talents." She said, looking at the board.

Reducio
After 45 minutes of spiraling later... (Pretty sure I missed some details, but I'll edit the post if I did)
Last edited by Emma Hill on 23rd June 2018, 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
Stamina: 9 - Agility: 7 - Strength: 10 - Control: 9

Reducio
Kids Club is now full.
Emma, you have to give a suggestion for the play.

Annabelle sat in the rehearsal room, eagerly awaiting the first official meeting. It hadn't been too long since she'd met her fellow club members at auditions, and she was incredibly excited for everyone to meet each other. More importantly, she was excited to get to work. During auditions she had asked Mia Alexander, an organized young Slytherin with incredible and varying talents, to join her staff. As she watched the girl make the day's announcement, she did not regret this decision.

"Thanks Mia!" Annabelle chimed in as the tap dancer finished her announcements. "I'm gonna be working with the kids drama club, since I've got the connections." She winked playfully at the group. Honestly, she was very enthusiastic about this particular project. Not only would she be earning money for the club, but she would be doing it by working with children! "A couple of my Muggle friends are junior counselors for a summer drama camp called 'Shining Stars Theatre Camp. I called my buddy Jason, and he said there are a few openings. We will be teaching kids aged 6-10, so some of them will only be a little bit younger than us. It ought to be fun!"

Anna scrawled her name on the board, and it was soon followed up with another name. Emma Hill. It seemed she and Emma were in for another adventure together! She grinned at her new accomplice. "This'll be fun!"

She paused for a moment, staring off at the corner of the room in deep thought. Then the president spoke up again. "As for play nominations, I recommend Into the Woods. It has a ton of important roles, so a lot more people would be able to show their amazing skills than if we did a play with only one or two main characters."

Reducio
Sorry it's a bit short, I was scrambling to get this up too :sweatingbullets:

PM me if you wanna RP! We can also discuss things over Discord if that's easier ^_^

Blaze stood at the back of the crowd as the girls spoke. He didn't make a sound but only a light hum of a tune of a song. It wasn't that he wasn't interested actually it was far from that, he was simply waiting for them to finish. It then hit him he hadn't even introduced himself, the girls finished talking and Blaze burst out talking "Hey I'm Blaze Flyte a first-year Slytherin, I am ok when it comes to singing and acting. I usually write my own skits and music though I don't know how to play any instruments," he finished speaking and then stood there in silence. 

This was as he himself wanted to talk about something but before he said what was on his mind he tough he should answer some comments from the other members.  "Into the woods haven't seen that," he paused to think of a title he was more familiar with, "What about something simple like peter pan, you know something many people probably know," in Blaze's opinion something many people would have already heard of would be better. 

If Blaze had been listening and heard correctly he had heard them talk about preferences and all. He thought hard about it "Well maybe the short play I wouldn't mind working on that," as he spoke Blaze realized how monotone he must sound so he quickly reworded his sentence "I mean, I would like to work on that!" this time he said it with more confidence not that he was confident at all if he was being honest with himself. Maybe a different idea would come to mind but so far he wasn't really sure. 

Then it hit him he didn't really know who these people where some hadn't introduced    themselves "Sorry to just burst in like this but couldn't the first thing we do is introducing ourselves," 

Thanks for your time!
Blaze Flyte~

Stamina 6 Agility 6 Strength 4 Control 4 ArcPower 4 Accuracy 5

Nominations for a play

- PETER PAN
- INTO THE WOODS

Groups

- KIDS CAMP: FULL
- SHORT PLAY: 2 SLOTS

MIA'S NOTE
Reducio
Great suggestion Blaze! However, I think that we should focus on planning this right now and introduce ourselves in our groups!

Aurelia was appointed as the club manager and the only thing she needed to do was take the club member's attendance for now. She went around with a sheet of paper and ticking names off. The once that weren't present would have to produce an excuse letter. After she was down, she returned to the seat where a converse bag pack was placed on. She pulled the zip and put the attendance sheet into one of the many files.

There were five options to chose from. Bake sale, drama camp, face painting, a small show and other one where the group members could decide on what to do. Aurelia was decent at baking but she wasn't very skilled. The eleven year old wasn't very good with children as she was one herself. It would be a disaster if her impulsive trait decides to run of to who-knows-where on the day itself. The young girl was a dancer and not much of an actor. She could draw out many emotions effortlessly while dancing but she had trouble when she wasn't. So Aurelia had to settle down for face painting. The dancer was fairly experienced in makeup as she usually had to put them on while performing in front of others.

Her hand shot up.

"I'd like to participate in face painting" She said.

Nominations for a play

- PETER PAN
- INTO THE WOODS
-BYE BYE BIRDIE

Groups

- FACE PAINTING: 1 SLOT
- BAKE SALE: FULL (reserved for Aravis & Mia)

Though being part of a club was nothing new to Ellory, she really didn't like the idea of being surrounded by so many people she didn't know. It made her feel really nervous, and she was afraid that she was going to be the joke of the club and that everyone would hate her. She fidgeted with the end of her sleeves nervously as she perused the options.

Many of them were something that Ellory simply could not see herself doing, except having a small play. However, she really wanted to be a part of their local youth theatres' summer production, and the rehearsal times were surely doomed to conflict, so that was definitely out.

Then, something caught her eye. Face painting? Ellory had never done face painting before, but she had a lot of experience with painting other things. As an added bonus, if she chose face painting, she probably wouldn't have to actually talk very much. She would just say hello, make a masterpiece out of their face, and then say goodbye.

Before she was able to stake her claim, however, Aurelia's hand shot in the air. Ellory's heart sank. She really hated the idea of the awkwardness it would be to spend more than 5 minutes alone in the same room with her after what had happened with Emlyn, but the idea of doing literally any of the other options sounded a thousand times worse.

Reluctantly, the girl raised her hand and said, almost too quiet to hear, "I would like to do face-painting too, if that's okay." She really hoped that she wouldn't suck at it.

STAMINA: 6, AGILITY: 6, STRENGTH: 6, CONTROL: 3, ARCPOWER: 2, ACCURACY: 7

Nominations for a play

- PETER PAN
- INTO THE WOODS
-BYE BYE BIRDIE

Groups

- FACE PAINTING: FULL
- YOU GET TO CHOOSE: 2 SLOTS

Vivienne danced into the rehearsal room, very excited for the first meeting. She was wearing a cat t-shirt and colorful leggings. Her pastel hair was in a ponytail. She sang a made-up tune and danced and spun as she came into the room.

Mia, the music director, explained that they needed to decide on a fundraising activity and suggest an idea for a play. The options for fundraising were bakesale, face painting, small show, kid’s drama camp, and one where the group decides on an activity. She didn’t have much to choose from though, since the only option that still had room were small show and group decides. She decided that she wanted to do a small show. In muggle school, Vivienne’s reading teacher sometimes let her honors reading class split up into groups and choose an activity to do with their vocabulary words. She always picked coming up with skits for each word. The small show sounded fun.

Vivienne also remembered that she needed to come up with an idea for a play. She had a couple ideas, one less specific though.

The colorful Hufflepuff raised her hand. ”I would like to do the small show,” she said. ”And I have a couple ideas for a play, though one less specific. The less specific one: It’s really fun playing animals. In fact, I prefer it over playing humans. But I’m not against playing a human. The Lion King was a fun one, but it only had a few major roles, so that might be a problem. My other idea was, I know it’s a movie and not a play, but it could be a play. I was thinking we could do The Greatest Showman as a play. But we’d have to find a way to omit that word from ‘The Other Side.’ I get if my ideas aren’t that good. I haven’t seen many plays, and I’ve only been in three.”

“So trade that typical for something colorful, and if it’s crazy, live a little crazy!”
”Normal is a myth!”

Nominations for a play

- PETER PAN
- INTO THE WOODS
-BYE BYE BIRDIE
-LION KING
-GREATEST SHOWMAN

Groups

- SHORT PLAY: 1+ SLOTS
- FACE PAINTING: FULL
- YOU GET TO CHOOSE: 2 SLOTS

Reducio
Another idea: I find it really fun singing in other languages.

Some phrases:

Ingnonyama neng we nama bala
Busa le lizwebo
busa ngo than da bo
Busa lom hlaba
Oh busa Simbaiyo
Squbekeni siyo zingela
We ndo dana ye si zwesonke
Fatse leso lea halalela

Fun!

“So trade that typical for something colorful, and if it’s crazy, live a little crazy!”
”Normal is a myth!”

Elora had entered in the midst of the chaos of members finding the room. She had followed the stream of people into the room and was somewhere in the middle of it all. This section of Hogwarts was fairly new to her though, so she had made mental notes of where everything was. Then again, this is Hogwarts. Things are likely to move around and such. 

Elora was wearing one of the sets of clothes she had made. A greyish-blue-black shirt that had billowing, slightly oversized arms and was tucked into a high-waisted yellow skirt. The skirt was made of a soft material that would flare when she spun, but would otherwise stay in place. http://geek.afty.co.s3.amazonaws.com/5a ... 9_full.jpg without the hat and such] 

However, now that everyone else had done their introductions it was her turn. People's eyes turned to her and out of habit from all the introducing today, she, well, introduced herself. "I'm Elora, Elora Rook, and erm...I suppose I'll be in the 'group decides' group. And for a play, I personally like Into the Woods, so I'm fine with that. " She concluded. Elora smiled nervously. She still wasn't exactly sure of any ideas for fundraising, she would have to think more about it. 

Humans are the personification of Death.
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ Elora Rook 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
  Back