Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Stage Magic- Auditions!  PV Stage Magic   Closed 

Lucia had come in late. She had so much going on she was late but she knew how these auditions worked. She walked in holding a script about 5 pages long. Her plan was to read at least on page of it. This was a play she had written while bored in class. She never knew herself as a playwrite but she thought it would be a good idea to do something from her play.So she stood in the hall practicing the first pages so she didn't mess up. She then came in when she got a chance. She took a deep breath and said "Hi my name is Lucia Silver and I am going to read about a page from a play I wrote called......Summer doesn't last forever." After saying this she began

"Summer won't last forever."Lucia then walked from the center to stage right then pulling out a phone. she did this to make it clear what was happening.
"I can't believe summers almost over Julia!"Lucia said with the phone to her ear.Lucia walked to stage left.
"Me neither! I really don't want to go back to school Kate,"She said being the other girl Julia. Lucia walked back to stage right.
Reducio
For the rest i'll refer to who's speaking as Kate or Julia

"Yeah same. I don't understand why some people like school,"Kate said over the phone to Julia. Lucia walked back to stage left.

"Well I Got to head to dinner i'll talk to you more later. bye Kate,"Julia said to Kate on the phone. Lucia closed the phone.

She walked back to center stage and said to Annabelle "That is all I will read for now thank you."Lucia then headed to sit down.

Reducio
Please give me a shot I haven't been able to get on a computer lately

𝕹𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖕𝖊.....𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘.
------------------------------------------------------
𝕃𝕦𝕔𝕚𝕒 𝕊𝕚𝕝𝕧𝕖𝕣

Oliver sat backstage on an unused desk. By his feet was his bag, overflowing with items for the audition. He sat in a grey top and blue jeans, nervously eating chocolate frogs, the boxes piling up beside him.
He nervously went over his lines to himself, quietly talking to himself, far from others. He listened to the person before him and growned at how good they were. As they cleared off the stage, Oliver could only take a deep inhale before going out to face Annabelle.

"Hey," Oliver smiled, his eyes wondering away from making any contact with hers. Yet already he was proud, cause he didn't stutter. A boost of confidence surged inside him, he clenched his fists, knowing he could do this.
"I'll be performing "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory."
Oliver took in amother deep breath and drew a cardboard cane from his bag. He gripped it, then faced the empty stage before him and begun.

"Hold your breath
Make a wish
Count to three," Oliver said, starting off the song.

Oliver held the cane at its end and pointed it to the invisible audience.

"Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of
Pure imagination
Take a look
And you'll see
Into your imagination"

He gentle moved around, displaying a world with his cane.

"We'll begin
With a spin
Traveling in
The world of my creation
What we'll see
Will defy
Explanation"

Oliver rose his hand up and over his face, doing some practiced moves with the song.

"If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world?
There's nothing
To it"

He swung his arms to emphasize the nothing, tip toeing to reach the higher notes.

"There is no
Life I know
To compare with
Pure imagination
Living there
You'll be free
If you truly wish to be"

He smiled and closed his eyes on this break. It seemed like this was an emotional song for Oliver.

"If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world?
There's nothing
To it"

Oliver was pushing out his words quite well by the end, now adamant he could do it, he was singing from the warmest part of his chest.

"There is no
Life I know
To compare with
Pure imagination
Living there
You'll be free
If you truly
Wish to be!'

Oliver rose his fist, signifying the end and part of his tiny dance routine and panting somewhat with a nervous smile, unsure how good he did compared to the rest. He thanked Annabelle and smiled to her, waiting for her response before hurrying away, cheeks red.

Sta 10, Agi 0, Str 0, Con 3, ArcP 10, Acc 7

Anastasia was waiting anxiously backstage. Her palms were starting to sweat and feel clammy. She didn't usually get stage fright so she was sure she would be alright. She heard the people before her singing really well and other people acting. She shook her arms about and took a deep breath. After she knew the person before her was finished, she pulled her hair back behind her ears and walked out onto the stage.

"Hello," Anastasia looked at the person judging which was Annabelle, nervously. "My name is Anastasia Brown and I am auditioning for the part of a singer. I will be singing a song called Alexander Hamilton." Anastasia smiled because she knew that they would all be surprised by her great memory. She had memorized the whole song and was really confident. She cleared her voice and the music began.

The first audio part played and Anastasia waited for the part she would be singing.

How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a
Scotsman dropped in the middle of a forgotten
Spot in the Caribbean by providence, impoverished, in squalor
Grow up to be a hero and a scholar?
The ten-dollar Founding Father without a father
Got a lot farther by working a lot harder
By being a lot smarter
By being a self-starter
By fourteen, they placed him in charge of a trading charter
And every day while slaves were being slaughtered and carted
Away across the waves, he struggled and kept his guard up
Inside, he was longing for something to be a part of
The brother was ready to beg, steal, borrow, or barter
Then a hurricane came, and devastation reigned
Our man saw his future drip, dripping down the drain
Put a pencil to his temple, connected it to his brain
And he wrote his first refrain, a testament to his pain
Well, the word got around, they said, “This kid is insane, man”
Took up a collection just to send him to the mainland
“Get your education, don’t forget from whence you came, and
The worlds gonna know your name. What’s your name, man?”
Alexander Hamilton
My name is Alexander Hamilton
And there are a million things I haven't done
But just you wait, just you wait...
When he was ten his father split, full of it, debt-ridden
Two years later, see Alex and his mother bed-ridden
Half-dead sittin' in their own sick, the scent thick
And Alex got better but his mother went quick
Moved in with a cousin, the cousin committed suicide
Left him with nothin' but ruined pride, something new inside
A voice saying
“Alex, you gotta fend for yourself.”
He started retreatin' and readin' every treatise on the shelf
There would have been nothin’ left to do
For someone less astute
He woulda been dead or destitute
Without a cent of restitution
Started workin', clerkin' for his late mother's landlord
Tradin’ sugar cane and rum and all the things he can’t afford
Scammin' for every book he can get his hands on
Plannin' for the future see him now as he stands on (ooh)
The bow of a ship headed for a new land
In New York, you can be a new man
In New York, you can be a new man (Just you wait)
In New York, you can be a new man (Just you wait)
In New York, you can be a new man
In New York, New York
Just you wait!
Alexander Hamilton (Alexander Hamilton)
We are waiting in the wings for you (waiting in the wings for you)
You could never back down
You never learned to take your time!
Oh, Alexander Hamilton (Alexander Hamilton)
When America sings for you
Will they know what you overcame?
Will they know you rewrote the game?
The world will never be the same, oh
The ship is in the harbor now
See if you can spot him
Just you wait
Another immigrant
Comin’ up from the bottom
Just you wait
His enemies destroyed his rep
America forgot him

At the end of the song, Anastasia was really into it and had broken out of her nervous shell and she was walking around the stage and dancing around with the beat of the song. When it was finished, she thanked the judge, Annabelle. "Thank you so much for listening!" She said before walking away and waited to listen back stage for the next person to perform.

Aspire to inspire, before we expire

(doing Newsies)
Lorelei sighed as she shook her hands around. " Alright you got this Lorelei" She told herself. She rolled her head around as she paced backstage. The Slytherin was wearing a simple newsboy brown cap and a blue dress shirt with worn down grey khakis and suspenders. She had her fiery red hair tied up in a bun hidden inside her cap. Despite her being female she was trying out by playing the role of a boy. Definitely a bold step for the female. She was beyond nervous. Seeing the auditions of everyone else definitely put a damper on her pride and confidence. She took a deep breath and murmured the lines under her breath before It was her turn to go onstage. With her sweaty palms she dragged her hands down her pants to rid them of the nervous sweat. She jumped onto stage with a bright smile and took a bow. " Hello my name Is Lorelei, And I will be performing a scene and part of a song for my audition" She introduced she took a deep breath and began. She started the background noises for the scene and layed down for the scene. As the sound track began playing the sound of footsteps her eyes shot open and with an annoyed groan she sat up on the ground

Lorelei: Where ya goin’? What are you..? The bell ain’t rung yet, go back to sleep!

She spoke In an almost authetic 1930's new york accent.

Sountrack: I wanna
beat the other fellas to the streets. I don’t want anyone to see that I ain’t, uh… been walkin’ so good.

Lorelei: Oh, quit gripin’. You know how many guys fake a limp for sympathy? That bum leg of
your is a goldmine!

She scoffed getting up before ending the sentence with a praise in her voice

sound track: Someone gets the idea I can’t make it on my own, they’ll lock me up in the refuge
for good. Be a pal, Jack, help me down! [He almost falls]

Lorelei: Hey, you wanna bust your other leg too?

She pretended to catch someone

soundtrack: No, I wanna go down.

Lorelei: You’ll be down there soon enough. Take a moment, drink in my penthouse. High above
the stinkin’ streets of New York.

She spat staring out towards the audience seats. as she mentioned the streets of new york

soundtrack: You’re crazy.

Lorelei: Why, cause I like a breath of fresh air? Cause I like seein’ the sky and the stars.

She smiled happily gazing off wrapping her arm around an invisible person

soundtrack: Yeah, you’re seein’ stars alright.

Lorelei: Them streets down there, they sucked the life right outta my old man. Years a’ rotten
jobs, starved on by bosses, and when they found him broken, they tossed him to the
curb, just like yesterday’s paper, well they ain’t doin that to me!

Lorelei sighed as she said the first sentence. As the last sentence progressed she visibly became more frustrated and yelled "well they ain't doin that to me"

soundtrack: But everyone wants to come to New York.

Lorelei: New York’s fine, for those who got a big, strong door to lock it up. I’ll tell you personally. There’s a whole nother way out there. You keep your small life in the big city. Give me a
big life, in a small town.
She released her arm from around whoever was supposed to be beside her and placed a dissatisfied hand on the back of her neck. She looked to the seats with bright hopeful eyes.

[SANTA FE PROLOGUE] Lorelei: THEY SAY FOLKS IS DYIN' TO GET HERE. ME, I'M DYIN' TO GET AWAY, TO A LITTLE TOWN OUT WEST THAT'S SPANKIN' NEW. AND WHILE I AIN'T NEVER BEEN THERE, I CAN SEE IT CLEAR AS DAY
IF YOU WANT, I BET'CHA YOU COULD SEE IT, TOO.
CLOSE YOUR EYES... COME WITH ME, WHERE IT'S CLEAN AND GREEN AND PRETTY.
AND THEY WENT AND MADE A CITY OUTTA CLAY.
WHY, THE MINUTE THAT YA GET THERE, FOLKS'LL WALK RIGHT UP AND SAY, "WELCOME HOME, SON, WELCOME HOME TO SANTA FE!"
PLANTIN' CROPS, SPLITTIN' RAILS, SWAPPIN' TALES AROUND THE FIRE,
CEPT FOR SUNDAY WHEN YOU LIE AROUND ALL DAY.
SOON YOUR FRIENDS ARE MORE LIKE FAMILY, AND THEY'S BEGGIN' YOU TO STAY!
AIN'T THAT NEAT?
LIVIN' SWEET IN SANTA FE.
She sang out with A voice that sounded like she was day dreaming And thinking Hopefully.

She stopped and took of her cap to give a bow. " And that concludes my audition" She spoke aloud Bowing her head

Daphne was scared. Why had she decided to try out for this? It wasn't as if she was going to get a part anyway. She was about to turn around and go back to the dorm when it was her turn. "Oh no." She had been in musical theater since she was very young, and people had told her she was good before, though she never believed them. She walked into the room and put on her smile as her anxiety grabbed her, not letting her go. She did a small curtsey and immediately regretted it. "Hello, I am Daphne Black" She waited to see if anyone would recognize her. When she was little, she had done some movies (Not as a big role or anything) and had been in a couple musicals. When no one knew her, she smiled a little more. This was good. "I'm going to be singing 'When he sees me' from Waitress the musical." She heard the sharp notes leading into the song.
"I stick with real things.
Usually facts and figures.
When information in its place I minimize the guessing game. Guess what?"
Her southern accent came out a little in the song, mimicking the way the actress said it on the recording. As she heard the "What?" Coming from the other people, she smiled and let herself sink into the role.
"I don't like guessing games or when I feel things.
Before I know the feeling.
How am I supposed to operate if I'm just tossed around by fate? Like on an unexpected date?
With a stranger who might talk too fast, or ask me questions about myself before I've decided that he can ask me questions about myself he might sit too close. Or call the waiter by his first name or eat Oreos. But eat the cookie before the cream, but what scares me the most, what scares me the most...
She took a quick breath, mentally preparing herself for the next line in the song.
Is what if when he sees me, what if he doesn't like it? What if he runs the other way and I can't hide from it? What happens then if when he knows me, he's only disappointed? What if I give myself away to only get it given back? I couldn't live with that. So I'm just fine inside my shell shaped mind, this way I get the best view. So that when he sees me, I want him to! She waited for the correct moment to come in, saying "I'm not defensive!"
"I'm simply being cautious. I can't risk reckless dating due to my miscalculating, why. A certain suitor stands in line, I've seen in movies. Most made for television. You cannot be too careful when it comes to sharing your life! I could end up a miserable wife! Oops, sorry girls, but he could be criminal! Some sort of psychopath who escaped from an institution somewhere where they don't have girls?! He could have masterminded some way to find me, he could be COLOR BLIND! How untrustworthy is that he could be less than kind? This was the part where she gave in. She gave all she had, which happened to be a lot.
Or even worse he could be very nice, have lovely eyes. And make me laugh. Come out of hiding. What do I do with that? Oh god, what if when he sees me, I like him and he knows it? What if he opens up a door and I can't close it? What happens then? If when he holds me, my heart is set in motion? I'm not prepared for that I'm scared of breaking open! But still, I can't help from hoping to find. Someone to talk to. Who likes the way I am. Someone who when he sees me, wants to again! She heald the word again as long as she had to. When she finished, her hair fell in front of her face, and she shyly smiled. "Thank you." Daphne exited quickly, giving the next person in line a "Break a leg" and a smile. Hopefully she hadn't sounded too bad.

Even If You Loose Hope, There Will Be Someone Hoping For You
-Daphne Black

OOC: I just realized that since many of the new members are first-years, I'm not allowed to post responses until Summer Camp is over! Sorry for the inconvenience, but all of you are accepted. If you joined before summer and have not already, please be sure to post in the first meeting thread and join a group ^_^

viewtopic.php?f=234&t=2685

PM me if you wanna RP! We can also discuss things over Discord if that's easier ^_^

Yong walked into the Stage Magic audition room, determination present in her face; tenacity visible in her eyes. She walked over to the leader of the group - Miss Annabelle Wolfe - a Second Year and the prefect of Gryffindor. Yong smiled warmly.

"My name is Yong Yukimura," the Korean began, fiddling with the hem of her white Adidas sweatshirt. "I will be dancing to a song by my favourite band, BlackPink." Yong took a step back. She had also asked Annabelle to play the music for her dance. As the music began, Yong moved the same way the dance had been choreographed for the band.

Just out of entertainment, Yong had practiced the moves to this dance, and finally, at her boarding school, was her time to show off her moves! For easier leg movement, Yong had worn her best, favourite black leggings. Finally, the music began slowly ending, and Yong moved to her ending pose. 

And then the music came to an end. Yong wiped the back of her hand over her forehead, a few seconds after finishing, and walked back over to Annabelle, a huge grin plastered on her face. Hopefully Annabelle's feedback would be great, fortunate and positive. After all, it would be quite displeasing after all of the hard work, but you get what you get. 

Dance: DDU-DU DDU-DU
(watch Lisa AKA blonde dancer)

𝕂𝕚𝕞 𝕐𝕠𝕟𝕘

Sonya awaited her audition eagerly, she loved stage performance and was so exited when she heard there was a drama club at Hogwarts. As she sat she ran over her lines and lyrics in her head, she was exited to preform as she chose a song that showed off her talents with combined singing and acting.

When the person ahead of her finished and exited, she entered. "Hello! my name is Sonya Carlson, I'm a first year and I will be preforming Over the Moon from the musical Rent," She slated and paused for a second before beginning her performance.
She started the performance speaking.
Last night, I had a dream
I found myself in a desert called Cyberland
It was hot
My canteen had sprung a leak and I was thirsty
Out of the abyss walked a cow, Elsey
I asked if she had anything to drink she said

She took a breath before bealting the next line
I'm forbidden to produce milk
In Cyberland we only drink
Diet Coke
She said

Sonya said the next lines in a singing voice
Only thing to do is jump over the moon
They've closed everything real down like barns and troughs and
Performance spaces
And replaced it all with lies and rules and
Virtual life
But there is a way out
Ooh

She said the next lines frantically
I gotta get outta here
It's like I'm being tied to the hood of a yellow rental truck
Being packed in with fertilizer and fuel oil pushed over a cliff by a suicidal Mickey Mouse
I've gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta find a way

She continued the song in a similar fashion, alternating between speaking and singing and acting through the whole song
To jump over the moon
only thing to do is jump over the moon
Then a little bulldog entered
His name we have learned is Benny
And although he once had principals he abandoned them
To live as a lapdog to a wealthy daughter of the revolution
A one two three
That's bull he said
Ever since the cat took up the fiddle that cow's been
Jumpy
The dish and the spoon were evicted from the table and eloped
She's had trouble with that milk and the moon ever since maybe it's a
Female thing
Cause who'd wanna leave Cyberland anyway
Walls ain't so bad
The dish and the spoon for instance
They're down on their luck they come knockin' on my doghouse door and I say
Not in my backyard utensils
Go back to China
The only way out is up
Elsie whispered to me
A leap of
Faith
Still thirsty?
Parched
Have some milk
And I lowered myself beneath her swollen udder
And sucked the sweetest milk I had ever tasted
Climb on board
She said
And as a harvest moon rose over Cyberland
We reared back we sprang into a gallop, leaping, out of orbit, and I awoke singing
Ooh only thing to do
Only thing to do is jump
Over the moon
Over the
Moo
Moo
Moo!

She then gestured to Annabelle with the next lines
Moo with me
C'mon moo with me
Moo
Moo
Moo!
Moo!!!
Thank You

Sonya smiled at Annabelle as she finished the song. "Thank you for your consideration," she said, as she exited the stage. "Break a leg," she whispered to the next person.

"Life is never what you plan"

Rorie sat in the wing of the stage, tuning the electric guitar she played so well. She had her long blonde hair up in a messy bun, with a sweatshirt and jeans and some new shoes she had bought with extra money she'd earned from working jobs around the school.

Reducio

Rorie had some talent in music, able to play regular, electric, and bass guitar as well as violin and piano, but singing was out of the picture for her because of her slurred lisp whenever she spoke.

She watched the other performers from the wing, lots of singers with some dancers and actors and other things. In comparison to that she knew that her guitar performance probably wouldn't be too impressive. Still, there weren't a lot of musicians auditioning and maybe they would want her. After all, she could play tons of instruments.

Finally it was her turn and Rorie bravely walked out onto the stage, bouncing with excitement as she walked. She hooked up the speakers to the electric guitar and sat down on top of one of the speakers, tapping her guitar. She was smiling and ready to start playing, but she had to introduce herself first.

"Hello! I'm Rorie Thompson, and I play instruments. My best one is electric guitar, but I can play piano, other types of guitar, and violin. I'm going to be playing the instrumental of Green Days American Idiot. It's a muggle song but it's amazing."

The theater lights dimmed and Rorie strummed the guitar gingerly, warming up her fingers. She counted to four, one two three four, and began playing the instrument.

She hit every note perfectly, loud but not too loud. As for stage presentation, she got up and moved around a bit, smiling and bopping her head slightly to the beat. When she was finished, she moved back to the center stage and took a joking bow, laughing happily.

"Thank you!" She said cheerfully as she made her way off the stage.

I will now lock this thread due to being inactive for 4 weeks

If you want to reopen it, please owl me.

With regards
Paracelsus Adger Myth, Prefect Gryffindor

sta:3 agi:3 str:5 con:7 acp:5 acc:7
Broom: Comet 260

Parcel, are you sure you did it right? I thought if it was closed you couldn't post  :/

Don't you dare mess with me!
  Back