Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in

Singing  Finished 

(Credit to the writer of The Lion King for all the lyrics)

After a long day, Vivienne goes to the rehearsal room to do something that always makes her happy– singing. She starts to sing a beautiful song from a play she once did. Sure it may not be a happy song, but singing makes her happy, and it’s a beautiful song. Though she knew it would have been fun to actually sing it in the play. She knew she had a beautiful voice, but she didn’t understand why she didn’t get solos.

“Fatse leso lea halalela. Fatse leso lea halalela,” she begins. She looks around and continues.

“Shadowland, the leaves have fallen.
This shadowed land, it was our home.
The river’s dry. The ground has broken.
So I must go. Now I must go.
And where the journey may lead me, let your prayers be my guide.
I cannot stay here, my family, but I’ll remember my pride.”

She hears clapping and turns around, but she continues singing because the song is not done yet.

“And where the journey may lead me, let this prayer be my guide.
Though it may take me so far away, I’ll remember my pride.
Ngizo buyabo, ngizo buyabo.
I will return, I will return, besobo.
Ngizo buyabo, I will return, ngizo buyabo.
Oh, ngizo buyabo. Besobo, my people, besobo.”

She turns to the person clapping. “Hi,” she said. ”How did you like it?”
Last edited by Vivienne Montgomery on 4th August 2018, 6:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.

“So trade that typical for something colorful, and if it’s crazy, live a little crazy!”
”Normal is a myth!”

Singing  Finished 

Annabelle couldn't help but follow the beautiful voice that rang down the hallway. There was something so... enchanting about it. She had actually been on her way to study in the library, but the notes echoing through the halls made her forget all about schoolwork. Of course, she wasn't particular eager to study anyway. The curious Gryffindor slowly approached the source of the music, pinning herself to the wall as she reached the Rehearsal Room. The song was hauntingly beautiful, though it did make her feel a bit sad.

As the song reached it's climax, Annabelle couldn't help but clap. She stopped after a moment, thoroughly embarrassed by her outburst, but the girl had not stopped singing. That's good, Anna thought. She didn't want her to stop. Of course, there was no point in hiding behind the door now that she had made herself known. She turned the corner slowly.

The sight that greeted her was rather surprising. She'd never seen such a colorful young woman before! The girl had bright, pastel hair that faded from blue to pink, and sparkling eyes that lit up even more as she sang. And that voice.. such a beautiful voice. Annabelle had always loved to sing, and was in fact very good at it. Yet it never ceased to impress her that the kids at this school were so talented. Had she known the song, Anna would have been tempted to join in. At the same time though, she had no desire to interrupt.

The girl finished her song and Annabelle stood in the doorway for a moment in stunned silence. Then she burst into another round of applause. "Bravo! Bravo!" she cheered, grinning at the colorful student.

“Hi,” the girl replied, seemingly unphased by Annabelle's eavesdropping. “How did you like it?”

"Like it? I loved it! You're amazing! Seriously, if this school has a talent show or something, you should be the star. Sad song though, but hey, it was still absolutely gorgeous. I like to sing myself, but I haven't had the chance to drop by the practice rooms. Singing and theatre are kinda my thing. Well, that and stuffed animals. And talking, in case you couldn't tell." Annabelle laughed a bit sheepishly, realizing that she was rambling again. "Well, uh, anyway... I'm Anna. Sorry for sneaking up on ya like that."

PM me if you wanna RP! We can also discuss things over Discord if that's easier ^_^

Singing  Finished 

Reducio
I think I’m going to color the dialogue like you did.

“It’s fine!” Vivienne says. “I’m Vivienne. I love singing and theatre too, but you probably figured that out. That song is from a play I did called The Lion King. You might have seen the movie. That song is kind of sad but I really love the melody and range of it. It would have been fun to sing the solo in the play though...” Vivienne suddenly becomes sad.
“The longest solo I’ve ever gotten was six words, and a total of seventeen words with all of my solos. I don’t get why my directors don’t give me solos, when my dream is to share my voice with the world. I know what you’re going to say. ‘I’ll get a solo someday.’ Everyone says that. But I don’t know when that will be.”

Vivienne blushes because she had just said every word inside her head to someone she had just met. Though Anna didn’t seem to mind, since they had both rambled.
But she didn’t want to make Anna feel sorry for her, so she tried to lighten up a little.

“There was a solo I wanted to take from Young Simba. That really high ‘It means no worries for the rest of your days’? I wanted to sing it if he couldn’t sing that high. But he brought it down an octave! Do you want me to sing it for you?”

Vivienne assumed she would say yes so she sang, “It means no worries for the rest of your days!” She hit the high notes (there were a lot of them) perfectly.

“Hey! I just realized I never translated ‘Shadowlands’! That’s the song I was singing. ‘Fatse leso lea halalela’ means, ‘This land of our ancestors is sacred.’ ‘Ngizo buyabo’ means, ‘I will return.’ ‘Besobo’ means, ‘my people.’”

Vivienne hoped Anna was okay with all the rambling. This is what makes Vivienne an extrovert: she says all the words inside her head to random people.

Reducio
I just wrote over 300 words that were mostly Vivienne rambling on about singing!
Last edited by Vivienne Montgomery on 15th June 2018, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“So trade that typical for something colorful, and if it’s crazy, live a little crazy!”
”Normal is a myth!”

Singing  Finished 

Ava walked into the rehearsal room with a very confusing decision. She wanted to study. 

A great place to study, truly... she thought to herself, not knowing what and why she has made this decision. A place with people screaming and singing and doing anything that isn't quiet. she realized that even though the study room was cramped, it was at least quiet. Here, just as she walked to the room she could hear humming, talking, singing, yelling, calling out different names, some muggle franchise movies, people rehearsing plays, playing different instruments... 
All this was just a bit too much for Ava. 

She sat down in the corner, pulling out a sketchbook before immediately putting it back n her school bag and pulling out her sketchbook and a bunch of pencils instead. While she realized a couple minutes ago when entering the room she won't be able to study, she remembered that music inspired her to draw - draw anything - from costumes, through characters, to landscapes - and landscapes weren't something she usually would draw so when she did it was a special occasion. At least for people who knew her well.

As soon as she pulled out her sketchbook, someone started singing. She normally wouldn't care, but the singing was different; or, to be specific, the song. "Shadowlands" from The Lion King. Ava, even as a pure-blood lived in the muggle part of London and went to a muggle school which was the main reason she knew the song and the Disney franchise. As soon as whoever it was stopped singing, Ava started clapping loudly before quickly sketching out something and walking up to a girl with colorful hair who appeared to be the one that sang the song.

"THAT. WAS. AMAZING!" Ava said, maybe a bit too loudly. She smiled and quickly opened her sketchbook to sketch more things while still talking about how the girl's singing was amazing. "Your voice is so great! I wish I could sing like you do! Are you a performer or something like that? Your voice is incredible." The Slytherin girl completely didn't care she was interrupting the singer girl's other conversation; her voice was incredible. 

faceclaim: Yvonne Michel |
STA: 3 | AGI: 3 | STR: 5 | CON: 4 | ARCP: 8 | ACC: 7 |

Singing  Finished 

Vivienne’s rambling was interrupted by another girl. THAT. WAS. AMAZING!” she said loudly. “Your voice is so great! I wish I could sing like you do! Are you a performer or something like that? Your voice is incredible.”

“I am a performer,” Vivienne answered. ”I’ve been in multiple plays. That song is from the most recent one I’ve done called The Lion King. Well, technically The Lion King Jr., but I always shorten it by dropping the Jr.”

The girl seemed to know the song though, so Vivienne asked, ”Have you seen the play? Because that song’s not in the movie.”

Vivienne did like that her singing was getting so much attention. It was her dream to share her voice with others, and she didn’t always get the chance.

“Hey, I forgot to tell you what part I played,” Vivienne realized. “I was a lioness and we got to sing a super fun song called ‘The Lioness Hunt.’ We also sang ‘Shadowland’ and ‘The Mourning,’ though the hyenas we’re also in ‘The Mourning’ singing ‘hem.’ Do you want to hear ‘The Lioness Hunt?”

Without waiting for a response, Vivienne starts singing,
“Ah Ha hayi ya hayi ya hayi ya hayi
We baba zingela siyo zingela baba
Ah ha hayi ya hayi ya hayi ya hayi
Hi baba squbeke ni siyo zingela
Hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem
We baba zingela siyo zingela baba”

Reducio
See, Ava, I can sometimes write long enough responses.

”Normal is a myth!”

Singing  Finished 

"Hey Ava!" Annabelle's eyes lit up as she recognized her friend. "Isn't she fantastic!? Can you beleive they never give her solos? I mean, what a travesty! Honestly, if I ran a drama program, I would-" That gave her an idea actually, but she decided to store it away for another time. At the moment, she was being interrupted by her Slytherin friend's outburst.

"THAT. WAS. AMAZING! Your voice is so great! I wish I could sing like you do! Are you a performer or something like that? Your voice is incredible." Apparently Ava was undert much the same impression as she had been. Anna nodded frantically along with the complements. This colorful performer certainly deserved them!

Anna had not recognized the song at first, but the mention of the play's name gave her mind a sudden jolt. She knew that song... "Shadowland." It must have been forever since she'd heard it. Yet as Vivian spoke excitedly about the play, Annabelle's mind began to flood with memories. How old was I? she wondered. Four? Five? Something like that. She must have been very young, forthe visions that came to her were of her mother holding her hand. It was so large at the time that Anna's tiny fingers were entirely engulfed in her warm grasp. The pair walked side by side into a massive stone building with columns that reached toward the sky. Plastered on these were African-style charactures of a lion's head. That's right! Though they had moved to Blackpool when Annabelle was very young, her family had spent a few years in London. Anna remembered very little about her time in the bustling city, but her trips to West End had filled her with so much awe that they had managed to stick with her through the years.

"Shadowland" was a beautiful number, but it was no wonder that she had not recognized it. Even as a child, Annabelle had been excessively happy. Ballads and sad songs had never stuck with her as well as some of the more upbeat numbers. The second she thought of this, one of the more fast-paced numbers began to play in the background. Wait, what? Annabelle realized in a moment that it was the pastel-haired girl providing the music. This time she knew the song at once- "The Lioness Hunt."

“Ah Ha hayi ya hayi ya hayi ya hayi
We baba zingela siyo zingela baba"

The performer sang beautifully once again, every note exactly on pitch. This time, Annabelle couldn't help but join in. She let the talented girl take the lead, coming in to support her with perfect harmonies.

"We baba zingela siyo zingela baba
Hi baba squbeke ni siyo zingela
Hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem hem
We baba zingela siyo zingela baba”

As the song ended, Anna burst into a fit of laughter. "That-" she struggled to catch her breath. "That was so much fun!"

PM me if you wanna RP! We can also discuss things over Discord if that's easier ^_^

Singing  Finished 

Vivienne noticed Anna join in singing “The Lioness Hunt.”
”That– that was so much fun!” Anna said laughing as they finished singing.

”Do want to pick another song to sing?” Vivienne asked. “Ooh! Since you seem to like more upbeat and happy, I know the perfect one to sing!” Vivienne smiled and looked like she might start to laugh. She had thought of a song that perfectly fits the description of “upbeat and happy.” It literally meant “no worries.” Actually, she thought, it means “no trouble,” not “no worries.” She didn’t really care though.
She started to sing,
”Hakuna Matata
What a wonderful phrase!
Hakuna Matata
Ain’t no passing craze
It means no worries for the rest of your days
It’s our problem-free philosophy
Hakuna matata”

Vivienne starts the dialogue and pretends to be multiple characters.
“‘Hakuna matata?’ ‘Yeah, it’s our motto!’ ‘What’s a motto?’ ‘Nothin! What’s a motto with you?’ ‘Hakuna matata: these two words can solve all your problems. Take Pumbaa here.’”

Vivienne stops and asks, ”Do you want to sing for Pumbaa or Timon? You might not have the parts memorized so I’ll just sing both and you can join in.”

She continued,
”Why when he was a young warthog
When I was a young warthog
Very nice
Thanks”
She started to laugh a little.
“He found his aroma lacked a certain appeal, he could clear the savanna after every meal!
I’m a sensitive soul, though I seem thick-skinned. And it hurt that my friends never stood downwind!
And oh the shame!
He was ashamed!
Thought of changing my name!
Oh what’s in a name!
And I got downhearted
How did you feel?
Every time that I—
Pumbaa! Not in front the kids!
Oh sorry.
Hakuna matata
What a wonderful phrase
Hakuna matata
Ain’t no passing craze
It’s our problem free philosophy
Hakuna matata”

“Now for part two!”

“Hakuna matata Hakuna matata Hakuna matata Hakuna matata Hakuna matata Hakuna matata Hakuna matata Hakuna!
It’s our problem-free philosophy
Hakuna matata Hakuna matata Hakuna matata Hakuna matata
We say hakuna! We say matata! Hakuna! Matata! Hakuna! Matata!
Hakuna mata ta!”

She smiled and said, ”Hakuna matata!” with jazz hands.

”Normal is a myth!”

Singing  Finished 

Everyone knew this song! As soon as the colorful girl began to sing, the catchy music began playing in the back of her mind. She pictured the young lion cub from the Disney movie learning the various daily tasks of living in paradise. Swinging on vines, lounging in hot springs, eating slugs (that one still grossed her out)... Whenever she saw this scene, she could not help but smile and sing along. Normally she far preferred the stage version of any song, but Disney had done an especially great job with this one.

Even though her pastel-haired companion had jumped straight into the lyrics, Anna could not help but hear the tiny meerkat's voice in her head declaring "Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase!"

Anna chimed in with "Hakuna Matata!" before the actual singing part began, and found that the girl was right there with her. She seemed to speak and sing all of the parts herself. This was perfectly understandable of course. The girl had no way of knowing if Anna knew the lyrics or rhythm, or how the parts fit together. Heck, she often did that herself when she was singing. She had every line of "Your Fault" from Into the Woods memorized so well that she could sing all five parts- even when they were interrupting each other! It made perfect sense for a girl this talented to be able to do the same thing, and even to default to it. Still, she couldn't help but think it would be more fun if the two actually alternated parts. Of course, there were more than two parts to this song...

Anna turned eagerly to her Slytherin friend. Ava was always so cool and collected, but that didn't mean she couldn't let loose with them, right? The Gryffindor couldn't help but think her friend must have a great voice. Even if she didn't, that didn't particularly matter. Annabelle's voice was very impressive, but nowhere near as good as the bright performer beside her. They were just her to practice and have fun, right?

Ava didn't seem to understand simply from her glance, so when it cane to the instrumental part of the song, Annabelle spoke up. "Sing with us, Ava!"

Singing  Finished 

Reducio
Let’s just pretend this isn’t super late and I’m still a first year.

Vivienne was having a lot of fun singing with Annabelle, but it was late and she was starting to get tired. Nothing a little sugar couldn’t help, but she really thought she should at least get back to her dorm soon.

“Sing with us, Ava!” Anna said at the instrumental part of the song. Ava, however, did not join in the song. When the song ended, Vivienne realized that it must be very late, and all three girls needed to get some sleep.

”It’s pretty late,” Vivienne told the others. ”I should probably get back to my dorm. See you tomorrow, though?” She hugged her new friend and left the rehearsal room. ”Goodnight,” she said as she left.

As she was leaving, she thought about how much she missed that play. She thought about her last performance of it, how tickets were completely sold out. There had been a full house. She thought about the last song, “Bows.” For all the performances she seemed to have the most energy in that song. But during that last performance, everyone in the audience and stood up and clapped along. And when the song ended, and the audience applauded like it was the best thing they had ever seen, she almost cried. She left her daydream by the time she got to her dorm.

Reducio
True story above ^
Can this be finished?

”Normal is a myth!”