Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Music and Meetings  Abandoned 

The door opened revealing a new person who had walked into the group of Slytherins. Lucien looked up to see who had entered and realized it was Verla. They had only talked a few times but she was nice. "Oh Hello Verla." He said with his ususal bland tone he said almost everything with. He hadn't seen the Hufflepuff around the school much aside from Orchestra. He noticed she had her violin with her. She probably came to practice. Lucien knew she was good at the violin but she also had a small habit of playing along with people at random moments. Lucien didn't mind much but did find it distracting at times. He preffered to play alone with no one around, however his family practically threw him in a recital at age four ending the short lived peace. He put his cell back in it's case for a while. He didn't plan on practicing anymore. If they asked him to play he would, if they didn't it would stay the glossy black cello would stay in it's case. He yawned a bit before cracking his knuckles quickly as he did when he was bored. In his boredom he took off his glasses and a cleaning cloth from his pocket in order to clean them. They weren't even dirty, in fact they were crystal clear, but Lucien had nothing better to do at the moment and nothing else to clean besidies his glasses.

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.

Maeve heard Lucien and laughed. "Oui, c’est la torture." She agreed. "Tu parles Français co-couramment, ou juste que-quelques termes ici et là ?" She knew a few languages, and French was one of her best.

"Hello, Verla! I'm Maeve Turner. From Sly-Slytherin!" She said to the newcomer. Turning back to Lucien, she smiled sympathetically at him. "My brother used to be like that. We think the mag-magical atmosphere at Hogwarts cured him. Well, that's what my mother says. I don't bel-believe it."

Maeve played a few notes on the piano. "Violin, then?" She asked Verla, even though she really didn't need to. It was obviously correct, by the violin the Hufflepuff was holding. "My sister plays too."

Maeve stared up a the walls of the room, looking around it for the first time since they got in there. It was big, and pretty empty. Maeve didn't like it very much. It felt like a room full of broken things. Broken dreams, fingers, hope, etcetera. It kind of reminded her of her mother, Valernia.

The woman definitely made Maeve feel broken. Not on the outside, no. Maeve would never dare to show weakness around her mother. It'd single her out, and allow her mother to strike. It sounds awful, but Maeve was used to it.

"Being different isn't a bad thing. It just means you're brave enough to be yourself." ~Luna Lovegood

Lucien smiled at Maeve. He was glad she could speak French. If the others didn't know French it would be like their own secret language. "Je parle couramment le français. Cependant, je ne parle pas souvent français aux personnes extérieures à ma famille. Certains membres de ma famille ne parlent que le français, alors j'ai dû apprendre" He said to Maeve with little emotion in his voice explaining that he had learned French when he was younger. He perked up when Maeve said her brother was the same way. "Pouvait-il voir le futur? Pouvait-il le voir à travers ses rêves? Était-il un voyant?" Lucien responded in French, he wouldn't are say it in English around people. His eyes contained a worried look. "Actually ignore that last bit, I'm probably going mental." The heterochromatic Slytherin said rather quickly. He gave a small sigh before slouching in his chair. He listened as Maeve played a few notes on the piano. Even when she wasn't even trying to play a song it sounded amazing. "I don't like this room. It reminds me of my house. Cold and empty." He said as he noticed his friend looking around the room. Lucien figured she felt similar about something, most pure-bloods felt that way about a few things in their lives. After all, having a harsh family was the worst.

~

Mia listened as the two Slytherins jabbered in French. She too was fluent, but didn't want to isolate Verla. Turning to the two, she said just that, in a cool, clear tone.

"Revenons au Anglais, oui?"

Mia smiled slightly at the two and then looked down at the ivory keys below her fingers. She played a bit of Schumann's Toccata in C major, and then looked back at Lucien.

"I guess it's a pureblood thing. Learning how many different languages, living in cold, unfeeling homes, and playing instruments."

Mia sighed and then curled her small hands into fists.

"We are privileged though. Over privileged. Sometimes stick up from the privilege. At my previous school the tuition was what a normal teacher would make in a year. My classes? Double that. I just..."

Mia paused and then looked at the two. She didn't know if Verla was pure, and she didn't want to isolate her further. Isolation was no fun, Mia knew that. She had been shunned at school way too many times, for the way she looked-she was too short to really fit in-and the way she acted, all high and pompous.

Isolation could be fun if you preferred to be alone. Some people were like that.Verla did not seem like that type of person.

"Chocolate omnia constituit"
//Co-Founder of Gobstones Club//Writer//

Lucien sent a cold glance towards Mia. It wasn't a glare on disappointed look. Instead the glance was rather empty. "Je préférerais que mes questions soient répondues en français. Puis retour à l'anglais." Lucien said with a sigh. He supposed Mia didn't understand understand how much the questions meant to him if they were answered. "C'est si Maeve veut répondre." He then listened to Mia talk about privileges. He sighed once more with a look of sadness. "Not all pure-bloods get that treatment you know. Those are usually the really lucky or really unfortunate ones of us." He recalled a few if his old friends having no privileges. Some only knew English or never learned any instruments. Lucien had almost forgot Verla was even there due to how quiet she had gotten. It was easy for him to do things like that. He often forgot important things or people. He mentally cursed himself for it. After all the shy boy wasn't used from more than two people. In every conversation he had been in most of it was one for two people. He wasn't sure what to talk about. He knew Verla wouldn't understand their pure-blood talk or French. He suddenly remembered why he had always been so quiet as he checked the time. "I probably need to leave in a bit. I'm hanging out with my sister later.

~

"Oui, il ne parle pas « voir » les choses. Il a dit à ma mère il a di-disparu, mais nous savons que ce n’est pas. Vous êtes un devin ? Comme Benjamin ?" Maeve asked, looking eagerly at Lucien. It wasn't really her brother who was like this, it was her. She just knew to cover it up by now. Usually she got strange looks for talking about it, and Valernia, her mother, hated giving Maeve any extra thought.

"Sorry, Verla. Lucien and I were just... talking about our fa-families." She lied, not knowing if Verla could speak French or not. The lie would probably be exposed if Verla was fluent, but if not, Maeve would get away with it.

"I will need to go soon, too. But promise me you and I will talk about this later, Lucien." Maeve said softly. "Il n’est pas vra-vraiment mon frère que je parlais. C'est moi. J’ai juste ha-habituell-havituellement cacher sous son nom quand on parle aux gens. Nous so-sommes très semblables, vous et moi." She grinned as she spoke. Maeve had only ever told her siblings and her mother. It was quite refreshing to tell someone else.

"Being different isn't a bad thing. It just means you're brave enough to be yourself." ~Luna Lovegood

Mia smiled at the two tightly. Before they started speaking french, and obviously excluding Verla, as she was quiet, they were having a blast.

She felt bad though, for the both of them. They seemed...bitter. Lucien especially. It wasn't her fault that she was just listening in. She didn't want to intrude on their discussion, it wasn't polite. Plus, she was learning so much about them. More than she had learned in English.

Brushing her hair to the side, Mia looked curtly at the two, pissed off. She wasn't exactly mad, just frustrated. These just weren't her type of people. That was fine, but then she could leave with a good reason.

"Je dois aussi y aller. Au revoir."

Mia turned on her heel and flipped her curtain of auburn hair. Her eyes danced and she walked faster. She left the cello and the piano there, uncovered. They were the ones using them. Mia had put away her cello.

She grabbed her bag and continued walking, finally pushing open the heavy door. She made sure to keep her pace, and then turned towards the basements. This did not turn out how she would have liked. In fact, she started to not like the two at all.

Reducio
Je dois aussi y aller. Au revoir. = I also must be going. Goodbye.

"Chocolate omnia constituit"
//Co-Founder of Gobstones Club//Writer//

Verla put her violin down, and sat there isolated as the girl apologized. She shrugged, she didn't speak whatever they were speaking, but she wasn't stupid either. She stood up, feeling that as a cue to leave, she put her violin in her case, and began walking out. She did not expect how this was suppose to go. She didn't expect Lucien to be so distant. It almost hurt her feelings, he clearly wasn't interested in her at all. Still, it was unexpected. 

As she began to leave, all of her paper int he file she carried in her other hand fell out. She looked up with a "really" look on her face, sighed, and then bent down to pick them up, as she walked forward her tripped on her robe. She slightly let out a quiet growl of frustration as she sat on her knees and picked up the rest of her papers. Could this day get any worse. When she fell she'd landed on her nose, there was no blood, but it still hurt, and now she'd have to walk around looking like a dork for a week or so. Maybe it was just fine, either way, her face blushed bright red and she was very embarrassed. 

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.
  Back