Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in

A Band of First Years  Closed 

Aravis had been working on revising a song in the Rehearsal Room with a piano. She was very musically talented and could play multiple instruments. However, every time she tried the piano just didn't sound write. So she tried the violin, and then the drums, and even a ukulele. She had found something that resembled an electric guitar but with out the electricity. It seemed to be enchanted to play like one. She strummed a few chords before tuning it. 
"Some one told me

You have to fake it till you make it

Hide in a lake of lies

Don't let your guard down

Someone's gonna try to take your crown

But you can not back down

Someone's gonna try to take my crown

And I can't back down.

I can't keep up this facade

A fake face, a fake smile

It'll all end in a while.

At least I tried."

Aravis took out a piece of paper and write the words down. She set down the guitar she had been playing while singing. She was revising a song that her mother had wrote. Before her mother ever got to publish it she died. Aravis wanted to make sure her mother's words got out to everyone who heard it. It meant a lot to her that people understood that her mother was misunderstood. Aravis wanted the rumors about her mother and father to stop. 

She had just finished revising the first song before she dropped the book. When she went to pick it up she saw something she hadn't noticed. Words she hadn't seen written on the page before. Aravis must have not checked the back of the book for writings. She read the date carefully. December 20, 2006.  The day before Aravis was born and her mother died. She felt a little teary eyed reading the writing. It had been written about her brother being born. Aravis decided she would try to sing it, after all she did want to carry on her mother's legacy and she was a great singer for an 11 year old.

"A second heartbeat,
A simple small cry
A new life form,
And I know it will calm me down.

Looking down to a brand new face,
I know everything will be alright,
A new smile will surely grow." 

Aravis didn't notice when someone else had entered the room. She was unaware someone was in the room as she was trying to come up with a tune for her mother's unfinished song. However, Aravis would be able to finish it, after all, she did get to live to see her brother grow up.

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Xailah was lost. Lost in thought- and most definitely lost about where to find her Charms class; too stubborn to ask for directions, and too tired to continue searching, she eventually decided that ditching the class wouldn't do her any harm.

Xailah had found herself standing in the middle of what seemed to be a unending corridor. She looked around for a bit to see if anyone was looking, and then slipped off her Gryffindor robes off; revealing a black and white pinstriped button-up shirt, and a frilly black ruff. Xailah didn't like the robes, and to make matters worse she especially didn't like the Gryffindor ones. She folded up her school robes then slid them into her bag, but in doing so something fell out of the pocket. It was a chocolate frog- she forgot she had it. As she went to pick up the treat, she simultaneously pulled the drawstring that kept the box concealed. At that moment the chocolate frog jumped out of its container and threw itself into the long corridor. Xailah bounded after it- she really wasn't sure if she wanted to eat the thing now that it had touched the floor, but she chased it anyway- just for fun, and out of curiosity; she wondered where the frog might lead her.

She ran past at least a hundred rooms- well thats what it seemed like to her. Eventually the frog made a sharp turn and went into a rather large room. Xailah went after it, but stopped in the doorway- someone was in there, she wasn't sure who, but she new someone or at least something was in the room; because she heard singing. She stood in the doorway for awhile; indecisive about whether she wanted to enter the room or not, but she later decided that she could probably get into the room undetected, so she proceeded to do so.

Reducio
Hope you don't mind me throwing myself into the roleplay, and if you do, please say so. =^w^=

A census taker once tried to test me...I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti....
Stamina: 5 ~ Agility: 7 ~ Strength: 4 ~ Control: 5 ~ Arcane Power: 4 ~ Accuracy: 5

Aravis stopped singing and felt like crying. She missed her mother so much. However, she didn't cry she just felt bad. Technically she killed her mother. If her mother died giving birth to her that means it was Aravis's fault right? She looked up noticing someone else in the room and felt her face go red. She was extremely self conscious about her singing and how she played her instruments. "Oh uh...hi. Sorry, did you want to use the room? I can leave if you'd like." Aravis didn't really consider the fact that the other girl may have not played an instrument or sang. 

She was unsure when the girl had come in. The black haired girl put a strand of hair behind her ears to keep it from getting in her face. Aravis hoped the other girl didn't hear too much of her singing. Neither songs were near finished. She had been to busy trying to rewrite her mothers works instead of paying attention to the door. "I do hope my singing wasn't so terrible. I apologize if I broke your ear drums." She said with a slight laugh. Her father had always told her she was an amazing singer but Aravis figured that was only because he was her father that he'd say it.

Reducio
I don't mind at all! Great to have someone reply haha

"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

She was almost there- almost! She had army-crawled almost all the way to her prey (the chocolate frog) when she heard the singing stop. At that moment she stopped crawling hoping that the person in the room with her wouldn't notice, and for a moment she thought they didn't see her until she heard a voice.
"Oh uh...hi. Sorry, did you want to use the room? I can leave if you'd like."
The voice sounded female. She looked up to see a black haired girl staring down at her- her first thought was to run, but the frog was still in the room and she didn't want to let it get away. So she responded in a low voice- that was almost a whisper..."Oh- Hallo there...sorry to intrude-I'll be gone in a bit, I just came in here because I lost something, and I thought that I probably dropped it in here." Xailah didn't wan't the girl to know that she was chasing after a silly processed frog.
"I do hope my singing wasn't so terrible. I apologize if I broke your ear drums."
Xailah sat on the floor for a moment to process this statement. She didn't think the girls singing was bad at all but she was confused about how her singing sounded- she thought it sounded sad so she responded: "Why does your song sound so sad?" She cocked her head to one side, observing the girls body language and facial expression- she wasn't quite sure what to think of the girl. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the frog move around in a corner of the room; suddenly it jumped up onto a nearby grand piano- it scuttled along the ivory piano keys.

A census taker once tried to test me...I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti....
Stamina: 5 ~ Agility: 7 ~ Strength: 4 ~ Control: 5 ~ Arcane Power: 4 ~ Accuracy: 5

The other girl explained that she had lost something and was looking for it. The girl then asked why her song sounded sad. "The song itself isn't sad. My mother wrote it about my brother when he was born. It's just, she died the next day so it's a bit hard to read her writing knowing she's gone." Aravis said as a bit of her pure black hair fell over her face contrasting against her pale skin. She missed her mother even though she never truly met her. It was hard to explain it to someone who didn't know the family.

Aravis shook her head taking her out of her thoughts and back into the real world. "Anyway's you were looking for something, what is it? I might be able to help if you'd like!" Aravis said with a smile. She tried to be as nice as possible but usually had trouble trying to communicate with others. Usually someone would say one word and it could push a button that triggered an anger outburst but she did her best to keep it all in. Although keeping everything in didn't exactly help much. She noticed the other girl looking towards the piano. Aravis didn't notice the chocolate frog scurrying across the keys however. "Oh do you play piano?" She asked with a smile. The girl had been looking at it so maybe she knew how to play it, or maybe she wanted to learn how to play it. 

Makena was walking down the halls when she heard a girl singing she was really good Makena then saw another girl go into the room so she thought it would be okay to go in Makena hesitated before knocking on the door and walking inside... "Hi sorry if I'm interrupting I can leave if you want." Makena said looking at the two girls in front of her. "I'm Makena by the way" she said before pausing and then talking again "I came in because I heard somebody singing was it one of you ?" Makena asked curiously hoping she wasn't intruding on a band practice. Makena looked at the girls one had dark black hair,and bright blue eyes, the other girl  had dark brown hair and gold-yellow eyes. Makena looked and saw one of the girls as looking at the piano it was the girl with dark brown hair.. 
"Oh do you play piano?"
 The other girl asked smiling. Makena knew she wasn't asking her but she wanted to reply anyway. "I know how to play the piano, sorry I know you weren't asking me." she said slightly smiling she hoped she wasn't intruding and the girls though she was rude.
Last edited by Makena Degray on 5th May 2018, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makena D

Someone knocked on the door and then entered. Aravis looked over towards the other girl, she hadn't seen her around before. "Oh, that was me singing. Sorry if I was loud or cringe worthy. Also that's so cool! I play piano but I struggle with some of it so I prefer guitar." Aravis said with a laugh and a warm smile after. She was excited to know that someone else could play the elegant instrument. Aravis looked over to the piano still wondering if the brown haired girl's something that she had lost was on the piano. The piano was a beautiful instrument, every note seemed to have feelings in it no matter which was played. 

Aravis realized she hadn't introduced herself, to either of the girls. "Oh, I'm Aravis by the way. Aravis Escanora. It's nice to meet you both!" She said smiling happily. She noticed that both girls were Gryffindors. Ara moved her hair away from her face before quickly putting it in a low side ponytail. She hoped that kept it out of her face. It was truly annoying that it constantly got in her way. Her youngest brother Maven was lucky, he didn't have to worry about his hair getting in his face.