Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Real Friends  PV Aravis & Mia   Closed 

Aravis smiled happily. Talking to Mia and Odette made her happy. It was like she finally fit in. She followed Mia's gaze towards the window. It was getting quite late. "Oh! Have you met my older brother? His name is Lucien. A lot of people misunderstand him. He often seems cold and bitter but once you get to know him he is one of the nicest people. Odette and Lucien were both bullied as children, so it makes them stand offish and silent. And when they aren't silent they usually still avoid people!" Aravis chirped before seeing Odette with a sharp glare staring her dead in the eye. Maybe she had said too much about her family. 

She fiddled with her curly black hair for a bit before her mind began to wander off. Maybe after the school year was over Aravis could convince her family to let her take one of her friends with her to their holiday home. Aravis planned on bringing Charo if she was allowed to go. She was one of the first people Aravis had met. Maybe she would ask Ava if that didn't work. She had no clue who Odette would want to bring along. Aravis figured Lucien would ask Verla or Ami. Apparently he got a long with people that Aravis didn't get along with. She had a bad first experience with Verla and Ami 

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Mia smiled tightly at the beautiful girl. She knew Lucien, yes, but did not misunderstand him. They were friends but he...well he zoned out too much and was just a generally non-inclusive person.

They Maeve and Lucien, thought that they were better than everybody else. Speaking French and excluding them. When Mia responded in perfect French, they ignored her, and continued blabbering on. Verla stood there, confused, and Mia stormed off. They didn't even apologize.

Now she avoided them at all costs. They were quite a pair together, easy to spot. With his eyes and her hair.

She wasn't resentful, no. Just annoyed. They could've switched to English-for Verla-or at least included her. That would've been nice.

And their conversation was interesting too. Something about her brother, the seer, and divination. She wanted to point out, Hey! My Grandmother is one too! But they brushed her off and had their own fun.

Verla was insufferable too. All perky and kind of stupid. But she had nothing against the girl. She was nice, at least, even if Mia hated her. Actually didn't like her was a better expression. Mia could tolerate people she didn't like, not people she hated. Like Maeve and Lucien.

Mia pursed her lips and looked back at the two girls.

"Yes. I have."

"Chocolate omnia constituit"
//Co-Founder of Gobstones Club//Writer//

Aravis furrowed her eye brows while watching Mia's expression change once the question had been asked. She seemed almost...annoyed by the mention of Lucien. It confused Aravis, she thought her brother was a likeable person. "What's that face for?" She asked raising an eye brow. Normally people hated Aravis instead of her troubled brother. Maybe it was because he was always so tired and unfocused on everything... 

Aravis hoped she hadn't offended the girl by asking, she rather liked Mia. Perhaps she was just being nosey. She sighed at nothing in particular, mostly just out of sheer boredom. She didn't want to leave the group but she also wanted to go do something like take a stroll inside the castle. Heck, she may have even went to find her friends. Well, she didn't have friends other than Mia and Charo. Her siblings and Odette didn't count. She hardly knew anyone else. 

Of course, it would be curfew soon so she wouldn't have any time to spare. On the bright side she at least talked to Mia and Odette. That was enough social interaction right? A healthy dose of isolation and talking to people in the same day. Her Father would be glad to hear she had made at least two friends.

"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Mia looked at the girl, trying to refrain from rolling her eyes. She was so...inquisitive. Not in a bad way, but Mia wished she'd keep it to herself. The girl obviously knew more than she was letting Mia know.

"Oh. Nothing. It's just getting a bit late."

Mia glanced toward the window and then gestured towards it, watching the pastel colors fill the sky. It really was a beautiful scene, even if it was a little too colorful. Almost like someone at Hogwarts was putting on a show for someone. Trying to impress them. Mia wouldn't put it past some of the teachers, especially if they had significant other's at the school.

Brushing her hair out of her face, Mia stood up and looked at the two girl's with a questioning gaze, raising a perfectly arched eyebrow.

"Should we start going? Aravis, we can walk back to the common room together, and drop Odette by the Library, which has a staircase leading to the West Wing."

Turning so she was directly in front of the other girl's, Mia stood up and grunted a non-audible grunt as she stood up.

"Does that sound good to you both?"

The girl smiled at the cousins and waited for their replies.

Aravis nodded towards Mia. "Yes that is fine by me. It is odd how late it has gotten. I suppose the time flies when you are having fun saying is true." The blue eyed girl said looking out the window waiting on Odette to respond.  She did have fun, it was only towards the end that she was getting slightly bored. She yawned and stretched a slight bit in her chair before turning rather far towards one side. She did the same on the opposite side. Each time she turned there was a rather loud series of cracks and snaps as she popped her back. She then proceeded to pop her knuckles, it was a habit her Aunt despised more than anything. 

She wasn't sure why she popped her knuckles so often, maybe it was when she was nervous, irritated, or just plain bored. She shrugged before turning to her cousin. She knew Odette hated when Aravis popped her joints. She couldn't stand it, just like how she couldn't stand blood and heartbeats. Aravis almost laughed at it. It was funny how her cousin and her brother were so similar yet so different. Lucien found blood and such intresting to study, then again he wanted to be a healer. Odette however didn't, probably due to all the internal organs and things that could get hurt and need healed. Aravis didn't understand any of it.

Odette had scrunched up her eyebrows when she noticed the look on Mia's face when Lucien was mentioned but decided not to say anything about it. Odette loved her cousin and Mia was really nice but it seemed more of a problem they needed to work on themselves. Odette didn't want to get involved in their business although she was kind of curious as to what happened between them.

Odette zoned back into the conversation when Mia stood up and looked at her and Aravis. "Should we start going? Aravis, we can walk back to the common room together, and drop Odette by the Library, which has a staircase leading to the West Wing." The young Ravenclaw girl smiled and nodded her head.

"Yes that sounds fine. I'm getting rather tired and since it's getting dark out..." Odette trailed off and looked out the window at the setting sun and was in awe of how something so normal could be so beautiful.

The blonde haired girl turned in time to see her cousin nod. "Yes that is fine by me. It is odd how late it has gotten. I suppose the time flies when you are having fun saying is true," Aravis said. But Odette's whole body twitched when Aravis began to crack her knuckles and pop her back. The noise truly freaked her out and she covered her ears until she finished. Odette scowled at her.

"I truly wish you would stop doing that all the time. It's weird and I can't stand it," she chuckled.

"We should love, not fall in love, because everything that falls gets broken."
- Is in love with Fictional Characters -

Mia internally laughed at Odette's annoyance. It was such a relative thing, getting pissed off at someone for doing that one thing that they know annoys the hell out of you. Like stealing their chocolate.

She remembered sneaking up on Maya one day, pulling her hair and making her smudge her eyeliner. Right before she did that she always snapped her fingers. Now whenever she snapped her fingers Maya jumped, or just looked annoyed. It was her parents fault, really. They insisted on her learning the basics of biology, including psychology, at the immature age of six. Maya never forgave them.

Standing up, Mia gestured towards the two girls and then towards the heavy oak door. The door was a sight in itself, with intricate carvings and handles as big, or bigger, than her hand. Granted, they were small and delicate, with light pink fingernails protruding past the tips of her fingers.

She remembered Silas's hands against hers, so big in comparison, when they'd take them in hers, and engulf them. Whenever he played quidditch, he would stop and get her a broom so that she could practice alongside him, often just throwing the quaffle. She quickly outgrew that, but now missed the feeling. Maybe that was why she was trying out for the Team.

"So. Shall we?"

Mia arched a perfect brow at the two girls and waited for their response.

Back