Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Real Friends  PV Aravis & Mia   Closed 

Odette walked into the rehearsal room looking to see if anyone was in there. When she saw that there wasn't, she quickly makes her way to the guitar. Sitting down and smiling to herself, she picks up the guitar and begins gently plucking the strings.

There's this song she really loves that she's heard a couple times so she begins singing it and plucking the instrument as she goes.

"No, I think I'll stay in tonight
Skip the conversations and the "Oh, I'm fines"
No, I'm no stranger to surprise
This paper town has let me down too many times
Why do I even try? Give me a reason why
I thought that I could trust you, never mind
Why all the switching sides? Where do I draw the line?
I guess I'm too naive to read the signs..."

She shakes her head sighs. She thinks hears someone out in the hallway but is too into the song to really notice.

"I'm just lookin' for some real friends
All they ever do is let me down
Every time I let somebody in
Then I find out what they're all about
I'm just lookin' for some real friends
Wonder where they're all hidin' out
I'm just lookin' for some real friends
Gotta get up out of this town..."

She moves her fingers against the guitar one more time before setting it on its stand. She stands up and gasps when she sees someone standing in the doorway.
Last edited by Odette Haven on 7th June 2018, 4:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

"We should love, not fall in love, because everything that falls gets broken."
- Is in love with Fictional Characters -

Mia leaned against the doorway and clapped, shifting her weight to be able to stand up.

"Never been a Cabello fan."

She walked over to the Ravenclaw girl-judging purely by her robes-and pulled up a chair. She settled in it, and taking advantage of the silence, started to speak.

"Mind if I show you a song?"

Mia smiled and stuck out her hand for the guitar. She wasn't usually this bold, and doing something like this scared her. Today, though, she was taking all of the risks that were offered to her. As the girl processed her query, Mia thought of what song she should sing to the girl.

The girl handed over the guitar, and Mia strummed it. She started the song, her fingers shaking.

"When you first left me
I was wanting more
But you were doing that girl next door
What'd you do that for? (what'd you do that for?)"

She sang sweetly, and gained confidence by the line.

"When you first left me
I didn't know what to say
I'd never been on my own that way
Just sat by myself all day
I was so lost back then
But with a little help from my friends
I found the light in the tunnel at the end
Now you're calling me up on the phone
So you can have a little whine and a moan
And it's only because you're feeling alone"

She smiled and closed her eyes, absorbed in the song.

"At first when I see you cry
It makes me smile
Yeah, it makes me smile
At worst I feel bad for awhile
But then I just smile
I go ahead and smile
Whenever you see me
You say that you want me back
And I tell you it don't mean jack
No, it don't mean jack
I couldn't stop laughing
No, I…"

She notice the girls gaze and put the guitar down.

"It's by Lilly Allen. The name of it is Smile."

Sorry if I godmodded, I just wanted the guitar.
Last edited by Mia Alexander on 20th April 2018, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Chocolate omnia constituit"
//Co-Founder of Gobstones Club//Writer//

Odette clears her throat gently. She nods and hands over the guitar to the Slytherin girl. And tries not to be too embarrassed that someone had heard her sing.

When the other girl was finished singing, Odette smiled. "You have a really beautiful voice," she said quietly. Then she grinned and reached her hand out for the guitar again. When the other girl handed it back, she put it back in playing position. "Have you heard this one? It's probably my most favourite at the moment." Odette pushes her hair behind her ear and begins to sing.

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight"

Odette closes her eyes and becomes a little more confident with playing around someone.

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound"

When she finishes, she looks to the other girl and grins. "I'm usually really nervous when I try to sing around other people." She stops talking and twists her hair around her finger before remembering she didn't introduce herself.

"Oh! I'm Odette Haven, by the way. It is nice to meet you."

Aravis entered the Rehearsal Room to practice electric guitar or drums. It mostly depended on who was there. She figured Hogwarts didn't even have electric guitars due to it being muggle technology. She would probably have to enchant it to work like one. When she had opened the doors she expected it to be empty. Instead, she found a girl who looked rather familiar from a distance, and Mia who she had met in Gobstones club. She recognized the song the other girl was singing and she knew the voice of who sand it. "I know that song." Aravis said walking up to the girls. "Ah, if it isn't my cousin!" She looked down at Odette's tie. She was put in Ravenclaw. "Ravenclaw just as we thought. Anyways, I hope you don't mind me bursting in. I just needed to practice a bit." Aravis said with a smile looking for a drum set or electric guitar. To her luck, they had both, and at that the guitar was cordless.

She picked up the guitar and walked to the other side of the room hoping not disturb her cousin and Mia. She played one string and discovered that it was extremely out of tune. It took her a while but she managed to tune the thing. She played a few notes that belonged to a song that her brother loved. 

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

A familiar girl walked in and Mia smiled.

"I know that song. Ah, if it isn't my cousin! Ravenclaw just as we thought. Anyways, I hope you don't mind me bursting in. I just needed to practice a bit."

Aravis walked over to the guitars and tuned one and played a few notes. Mia turned to Odette.

"Mia Alexander. Nice to meet you. I see you come from a musical family..."

Mia gestured over to the girl that was aparently Odette's cousin and laughed a bit.

"Ok. I'm going to be basic"-at this she rolled her eyes-"And tell you my musical history. I come from the typical 'highliner' family that forced me to play flute, violin, cello, and many more instruments. Plus I always had to sing. So, like the typical young 'highliner' girl I rebelled and listened to alternitive and rock."

Mia laughed wryly.

"What about you? Everyone has a musical history."

Mia tucked her hair behind her ears. Her eyes danced.

"Wait! Don't tell me. I'm going to guess."

Mia pretended to be in deep thought.

"You're one of the girls that actually genuinely likes music! Yep! And you like soft pop and what I call "Baluk music", which basically means that it's what most girls listen to, but only if they care about what they listen to....was I wrong?"

Mia tapped her foot.

"Sorry if I offended you..."

Odette's cousin, Aravis, walked in and Odette smiled.

"I know that song. Ah, if it isn't my cousin! Ravenclaw just as we thought. Anyways, I hope you don't mind me bursting in. I just needed to practice a bit."

Odette waved at her cousin before turning back to the the Slytherin girl beside her.

"Mia Alexander. Nice to meet you. I see you come from a musical family..." The young girl, Odette now knew as Mia, gestured over to Aravis and laughed a bit.

"Yeah I guess you could say that," Odette giggled. "But I was adopted so maybe just being around the Haven-Escanora family is what made me musical," she gave Mia a small smile.

Odette listened as Mia told her her musical history before Mia asked, "what about you? Everyone has a musical history."

Before Odette could respond, the young Slytherin began to speak again.

"Wait! Don't tell me. I'm going to guess."

"You're one of the girls that actually genuinely likes music! Yep! And you like soft pop and what I call "Baluk music", which basically means that it's what most girls listen to, but only if they care about what they listen to....was I wrong?"

"Sorry if I offended you..."

Odette laughed, her head leaning back before giving Mia a grin. "No you haven't offended me. And, you're only partially correct. I like to listen to soft pop but I also listen to a variety of things. I guess it just depends on my mood. I listen to rock, country-- but only old Taylor Swift songs-- I listen to things like Twenty Øne Piløts and Imagine dragons. Like I said, it depends. And I do like music. I love the guitar and the violin and I love singing. But I think I'm more of a bookworm than anything," she giggled.

The girl giggled and Mia laughed with her, haughing her silent breathy whisper of a laugh. It sounded more like an imitation.

"I like Twenty Øne Piløts too, but I'm more of a fan of Panic! at the Disco. Have you heard of them? Their music is a bit similar."

Mia smiled and gestured towards the piles of instruments all around the room.

"Have you heard of House of Gold, by Twenty Øne Piløts? Favorite song by them. Do you want to try it now?"

Mia dragged over a cello and a bow from the other side of the room. She sat down on a stool nearby and played the first few notes.

"Ok. It has resin. Let us start!"

Mia tapped her foot, exited.

"Can you sing the song- House of Gold -while you play guitar? Or I can start. I'll start now. "

Mia stared down and started to play the cello, focusing intently.

"She asked me, "Son, when I grow old
Will you buy me a house of gold?
And when your father turns to stone
Will you take care of me?"

Mia paused and looked at Odette, as if urging her to start singing with her.

"I like Twenty Øne Piløts too, but I'm more of a fan of Panic! at the Disco. Have you heard of them? Their music is a bit similar."

Odette grinned, "I like Panic! At The Disco a lot too. Some songs I'm not sure of but I love most of them," she says happily.

"Have you heard of House of Gold, by Twenty Øne Piløts? Favorite song by them. Do you want to try it now?" The young Slytherin girl asks. "Oh, yes! House of Gold is probably one of my favourites as well," the Ravenclaw girl responded.

Mia went over to the cello and pulled it towards where they were sitting. Mia sat back down and tapped her foot excitedly.

"Can you sing the song- House of Gold -while you play guitar? Or I can start. I'll start now."

Mia began playing the cello and started the opening of House of Gold.

Will you take care of me?"

Mia looked back over at Odette, silently urging her to sing along. Odette grabbed the guitar and began singing the next line,

"I will make you queen of everything you see
I'll put you on the map
I'll cure you of disease

Let's say we up and left this town
And turned our future upside down
We'll make pretend that you and me
Lived ever after happily"

The girls continued in perfect harmony, lighting up the room.

Will you take care of me? "

Mia picked up the pace, and to her delight, the instrument responded quite nicely. Mia and Odette continued, raising thier voices.

"Oh, and since we know that dreams are dead
And life turns plans up on their head
I will plan to be a bum
So I just might become someone "

Their voices rose to a crescendo, probably annoying Aravis

Will you take care of me? "

Mia and Odette finished the song in unison, Oddette strumming, and Mia up-bowing at the same time.

"Wow! You're really good at the guitar!"

Mia smiled at Odette, putting down the cello, with its bow, next to her and placing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"We probably annoyed Aravis though."-Mia laughed-"But it was worth it. So"-Mia smiled upwards, feeling uplifted, who knew that music could do that to you?-"Any other hidden talents I should know about?"

Aravis heard the two singing and playing one of her favorite songs and she practically lit up in excitement. Once it had ended she bolted her way over to the two girls. "I love that song! Twenty One Pilots is one of my favorite bands along with Three Days Grace, Imagine Dragons, and Panic! at the Disco!" She said rather loudly with her eyes shinning happily. She loved music, and she loved to talk about it just as much. 

"Have you ever heard of Marina and the Diamonds or Imagine Dragons? I personally love them both. Their music is so awesome!" She had never really talked to anyone about music due to never knowing anyone with similar tastes in music styles. Heck, she didn't even know her cousin liked Twenty One Pilots or Panic! at the Disco. It was almost shocking to her considering how much her cousin loved Taylor Swift and pop music. 

Aravis was jumping up and down unknowingly out of happiness. Her hair slightly bounced every time she jumped. She had never been so excited about something before. Her eyes seemed to still be shinning with joy, something that rarely happened due to how emotionless the girl was. She was happy to know someone liked the same music.

"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

"I love that song! Twenty One Pilots is one of my favorite bands along with Three Days Grace, Imagine Dragons, and Panic! at the Disco! Have you ever heard of Marina and the Diamonds or Imagine Dragons? I personally love them both. Their music is so awesome!"

The girl-Aravis-bounced up and down and Mia returned the exited feeling, still stationary.

"It's good to know we weren't annoying you, we were being pretty loud "-Mia let out a breathy laugh-"and it's also good to know that you like similar music to me! I love Twenty One Pilots, as well as Three Days Grace, Imagine Dragons, and Panic! at the Disco! My favorite song by Imagine Dragons is Thunder, though I also love some of their older stuff, like Clouds, which isn't even that old but still."

Mia took a deep breath and continued talking, super exited.

"Do you, by any chance, listen to My Chemical Romance? I love their songs so much! Especially Welcome to the black parade! "

Mia adjusted her robes.

"What instruments do you play?"

Mia gazed up at the quidditch player

"I mean your family is musical "-Mia pointed to Odette-" Do you like to play the drums? Or the guitar?"

Aravis smiled at the mention of My Chemical Romance. "I love them! I love Welcome to the Black Parade as well but my favorite is Mama and Cancer." She said as the other girl adjusted her robes. 

Mia then asked what instruments she played.  Aravis smiled at that. "I can play a lot of instruments. I can do drums, guitar, piano, saxophone, and I'm learning the violin! My  family is very musically talented, I think my older brother is joining the Orchestra some one set up, my youngest brother does recitals at school. Heck, even my Aunt, Uncle, and Father preform music. My mother wanted to be a singer...but she...." Aravis felt her voice trailing off.

Aravis smiled a bit before sitting down beside Mia. She looked over towards Odette who had seemed to have "pulled a Lucien" as Aravis called it, which basically meant she went silent and zoned off. "Odette what other instruments are you learning to play or have you decided to stick with what you know?" She said quickly changing the direction of attention. She hated talking about her mom, she never felt right when she did speak of her. She waited patiently for Odette to answer her question and gave her a smile.

"Odette what other instruments are you learning to play or have you decided to stick with what you know?"

Mia looked at Aravis cautiously. She seemed not to like to talk about her mom. Mia made a mental note. She hated when people talked about Rachel, as it made her seem weak, and plus, who wants to deal with a blubbering human?

Mia sighed and glanced at Odette. She seemed to have focused on a spot in the distance, and she didn't seem very interested in their conversation. Mia didn't blame her. If it was Maya instead of Aravis sitting there, Mia would have left already. She had low tolerance for Maya, Alexandra, and Maye, and about 1 hour of tolerance for Micheal. Scott, well he was a different story.

Mia focused back on Aravis and Odette. They looked moderately alike, but Odette had a different air. Softer, and girly too, while Aravis was elegant, but hard in a way. They both had hard, thick, pure black hair that looked very hard to comb. But their eyes were worlds apart. Odettes were a plain brown, with honey undertones while Aravis had light, almost Mia's color eyes, but they were bluer, and had less gray.

Odette had spaced out. She wasn't trying to be rude, she just got distracted easily. She didn't play as many instruments as Aravis did. She was more of a bookworm but she really loved music.

"Odette what other instruments are you learning to play or have you decided to stick with what you know?" Aravis asked her. Odette turns her head and gives almost a pleading look. She didn't want to seem like she wasn't as good as Aravis was at a lot of things. Not that it was competition, Odette just sometimes felt insecure because of what her adopted mother always told her. "Um, I'm still sticking to violin and guitar. I like the cello but I don't really know how to play it. And I like singing but that's not really an instrument so..." She trailed off and shrugged, looking down at her hands.

She probably sounded lame compared to Aravis. She wanted Mia to like her but to be completely honest, Odette felt like she was kind of boring. She was also more of a suffer in silence kind of person. She was quiet and listened to conversations more than actually joining them. But she did enjoy talking to Mia. This could be her first real friend. In Odette's life, people don't usually stay very long so she didn't want to take advantage of the opportunity.

Hey sorry I haven't replied! I've been busy with a lot of school and stuff

"That's amazing. It's always better to master an instrument then play too many and loose track of them all."

Mia smiled at the girl. She seemed timid and nervous, like she wanted to blend in but stand out at the same time. It was puzzling.

Furrowing her brow, Mia looked around the room. There was a bay window, and Mia could see the sun setting from it, casting shadows on the girls.

Seeing the sun go down made Mia sad. It was too late to go out, and curfew was in 30 minutes. She would have to say goodbye in 20.

It wasn't like she wasn't fine just staying by herself, she was kind of a lone wolf, after all, but she liked these girls. Even if one was forward and the other was shy.

Thinking back to her previous statement, Mia wondered if she had offended Aravis. She didn't want to seem snobby, and she was a little but afraid of the forward girl. She could be fierce. And she made enemies of many.

Wait. Escanora? That's what she said right? Mia flashed back to her meeting with Lucien in this very room. It had ended with her stomping off and loathing both Maeve and Lucien. Not loathing...just finding them annoying. Why did they have to be so mean to Verla?

Most importantly, were they similar to him? They seemed like a mix, shy, Odette, mean, Aravis. Though she wasn't mean. Just bold.

Back