Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Lone Voice  Finished 

It took all his strength not to giggle at the show they were putting on. They looked ridiculous like this, so close. Continuing his performance, he looked fixedly up at her in cliché 'oh wowie thank you for comforting me you're seriously the best ever' convention, from under those thick, dark lashes that his mother was so proud he inherited. "All we see is light.~" Their voices blend perfectly, like destiny itself planned this loveable hybrid duet.
The next line was harder not to guffaw at, "For forever," Sang the boy, gazing mock-adoringly at their joined hands, pretending to have his hold on hers linger when she slipped away from him. His cheeks were red from the laughter that seems likely to spill being held back. These dorks, I swear.
"Raise a glass to freedom," He belts, with a determined countenance, as he stands with his imaginary glass cupped in his hand, "Something they can never take away, no matter what they tell you." He circles the stool, to approach the very popular window and stop a little before halfway, facing away and raising the invisible chalice up. "Raise a glass to all of us." A dramatic pivot. The drink in that cup would be spilled by now, with the way he gesticulates and thrusts it toward her. "Tomorrow, they'll be more of us!" A few steps closer, and the sun is giving him the halo effect, his 'filled' hand lowering to chest level. "Telling the story of tonight..."

Reducio
RIP invisible beer.

~Lundell~

Lone Voice  Finished 

Reducio
I'm dying. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

"Out of the shadows," Ami grinned a wide smile, and jumped onto the stool Asher had previously occupied, the poor old piece of furniture wobbling precariously under her weight. "The morning is breaking-" here she toasted Asher's invisible mug of beer with her invisible glass of Chardonnay (daughters of important generals never drank anything less, at least, according to her mom) "-And all is new... All is new."

Ami jumped off the stool, landing lightly on her feet, making no sound as she hit the floor in her ballet flats. She mouthed at Asher, 'We should dramatically dance, Tango: Maureen style.' She winked, and continued singing so she wouldn't ruin the song,

"Even when the dark comes crashing through..." Ami walked towards Asher slowly, swaying her 'hips' to an invisible beat. "When you need a friend to carry you..." Ami tried to carry Asher in her arms damsel in distress style, but as she wasn't the strongest, she instead nearly dropped him on his bum. "When you're broken one the ground..." Ami pretended to help Asher up, dying with laughter on the inside, her voice trembling from mirth. "You will be found."

esse quam videri
STA: 2 | AGI: 4 | STR: 7 | CTL: 6 | ArcP: 4 | ACC: 7

Lone Voice  Finished 

Reducio
ASHER PROCEEDS TO THROW OFF HIS ROBES FOR INTENSE TANGO SESSION.

"They'll tell the story of tonight." Asher joins, 'cheers'ing and taking a pretend swig, at this point casting his entire arm to fling the nonexistent beverage across the room. You can only imagine the shattering glass. "All is new, it's only a matter of time." His first instinct, was to dash forward and catch her, but she landed before he had to break his character.
He gives a smirk to her secret proposition, a subdued one at that, as he takes a few bold strides -as opposed to his off-stage demeanor-, meeting her in the middle. "Even when the dark comes crashing through, when you need a friend to carry you-" He withheld a yelp, as he was scooped up and promptly dropped onto the floor. That's definitely bruise, oof. "When you're broken on the ground," He rubs the sore patch, extending a wrist to curve his hand around her forearm and 'heave' himself up -he just stood, lmao-, "You will be found." He quickly recovers, following that by smoothly sliding his arm up, hooking the limb around her shoulders, turning her to face the sun as it starts to descend. He motions toward the view with the opposite, "So let the sun come streaming in. Cause you'll reach up and you'll rise again."

~Lundell~

Lone Voice  Finished 

Reducio
*is stressed* nononononono crud no stripping we're not dealing with that again. Also, question: do men (and boys) ever feel obligated to shave (besides facial hair)?

Ami smoothly transitioned her limbs in such a way that suddenly, the tables had turned, and voila, Asher was the 'female' and Ami was the 'male', her hand on his lower back, his hand resting on her "bicep" and shoulder. She smirked and internally hoped he wouldn't be too upset with the change- to be fair, it wasn't really her fault that the only part she knew how to dance was the masculine side of things. Her dad refused to dance with her mom after he got discharged from the hospital, so Ami ended up dancing with her mom a lot, usually in their open-plan London flat, most commonly to oldies songs. It grew to be slightly awkward as she got older, so they had stopped, but Ami was pleased to see that she at least remembered the very basics of the art.

"If you only look around," Ami smiled, swinging Asher around, old school ballroom-style, moving her feet in time to their voices. She lifted her face up towards the ceiling, and twirled the two of them around in tight circles, her feet sure of where they were stepping. "You will be found." She slowly lowered him into a dip, her massive mane of tangled auburn hair casting a shadow over his face.

esse quam videri

Lone Voice  Finished 

Reducio
Yes stripping. And, I'm not really the facial hair type of guy, so I couldn't really answer that to begin with, but I do shave elsewhere.

Dancing was not Asher's strongsuit. It gave him anxiety attacks just to watch other people do it. He was too scared he'd mess up. Surprisingly, though, he reflects no fear now. He's too into his little role as Lin. "And when our children tell their story, they'll tell the story of tonight." It was harder to sing when you were being dipped, being jostled and all, but he was fairly light to hold, and he pulls through without a shaky note. "No matter what they tell you, tomorrow there'll be more of us..."
If she was going to give him the feminine part in the dance, then he could play it to a t. He pulled himself up with the hand on her shoulder, so that he was practically nose-to-nose with her. "Telling the story of tonight." His breath, cool as spearmint, fans over her skin, and he can't help feeling like he should pull away and give them some room. But he knew, he had to stay committed. This was the last line of the song, and they'd separate soon enough. All part of professionalism.

~Lundell~

Lone Voice  Finished 

Reducio
NO STRIPPING. I have bad experiences with accidental stripping lol, let's not. It's embarrassing.

Ami nearly laughed as Asher pulled himself up, and tightened her grip on him as he stepped closer. This kid wasn't a half-bad dancer, Ami decided, and he was an amazing singer. His acting was pretty darn amazing, too. He could have a thriving singing career ahead of him, possibly on Broadway, even.

"The story of..." Ami made a face, as if hitting this last note was going to cost her an arm, a leg, and a throat. "Tonight." She barely breathed out the last note, and lowered her lashes "bashfully," peeking through her curtain of hair to sneak a glance at Asher's expression.

Ami stepped away, bowing cordially, deadpanning, "It was a pleasure and an honor to accompany you tonight, Mr. Lundell." She grinned, breaking the seriousness, and jumped up and down, yelling, "And also? That was, um, amazing? Like, actually the best thing I've ever heard in my entire life? Asher, you've got mad skills, man. I'm so jealous," she sighed, blowing her hair out of her face dramatically, rolling her eyes sarcastically. "Some people get all the talent. It's just not fair. Leave a little bit for the rest of us normal folk, y'know?"

esse quam videri

Lone Voice  Finished 

Kek, I'm sorry.

His expression was nothing to gawk at, being the stereotypical kind of look. His eyes brim with 'adoration' and his lips carve dimples into his pale, freckled cheeks. All of this would turn out to be a ruse, obviously, as the metaphorical curtains closed. He took a single step back and dusted his robes, mumbling something under his breath along the lines of 'ouch' when his hand touched the sore spot he gained earlier in their performance.
Like the gent he is, he tips a fake hat at her, whereas a man would've taken her hand in his and kissed her knuckles. "The pleasure is all mine, miss Procoppio. Pish posh, cheerio and all that rubbish." Jokes the male, tittering at her inclination. "It's awfully kind of you to say such sweet things, but I'm fine with just being average. You, on the other hand, were wonderful. I couldn't have jumped up on that stool if I tried, and thank Merlin I didn't, otherwise we'd be tangoing straight to the infirmary right now."
There's a long silence before he finally speaks up again. He may have been contemplating where to say it or not, assuming this would mean they go separate ways, and never talk again. "Thank you for everything you've done for me. For making me feel like I fit in with someone, and for giving me a chance at having a friend, even if it was just for an hour or two."

~Lundell~

Lone Voice  Finished 

While Ami's face remained the same, inside, Safety Dance Ami was cussing Asher out with all the curse words she knew and Anxiety Ami simply crossed her arms and sniffed, I told you so. No one wants the broken girl.

"It was a pleasure," Ami repeated, in a daze. "Congratulations on a beautiful performance, Mr. Lundell. I'm sure I'll see you around." She pivoted on her heel, abruptly walking out of the room. It's for the best, Anxiety Ami said softly, consolingly, while Safety Dance Ami had proceeded to bawl in a corner. Ignoring both of them, Ami frantically went over everything, everything with her mental fine-tooth comb. Sherlock wouldn't have been more thorough. Where did she go wrong? Had she overstepped a line with the dancing? Had she invaded his comfort zone by bursting into impromptu song? Was she that bad of a singer? Had she forgotten to brush her teeth this morning? Did she just suck at being a nice human being?

Dragging her fingers absentmindedly along the wall, she walked and walked and walked and walked until she found herself outside, a knife in hand. Where had it come from? What time was it? Why was she outside? Oh, yes... Ami looked down at her arm, the sleeve rolled up. She laughed disdainfully, and glancing at a tree thirty or forty meters away, she flung the blade at the tree in anger- not at Asher, no, but at herself. To her satisfaction, it hit the tree right in the trunk, embedding itself up to its handle. She knew those militia trips to her dad's work would come in handy someday.

Reducio
Ami has left the thread.
Last edited by Ami Procoppio on 24th April 2018, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

esse quam videri

Lone Voice  Finished 

Reducio
Think it's time to end this one?

~Lundell~

Lone Voice  Finished 

Reducio
Done and done. Just write your "exit post".

esse quam videri

Lone Voice  Finished 

His suspicions were confirmed. This was just a temporary thing. She'd go back to her friends and forget all about the boy she met that day in the rehearsal room, and he'd be alone again. He nods curtly as she turns on her heels, and when her footsteps receded, he sunk down to the floor and brought his knees up to his chest. See you around, her words echoed. He couldn't resist his own shaking shoulders, but he could, however, hold back the tears.
You're bound to be alone, you know. You really can't trust anyone. Still, he wasn't mad at Ami. This was his fault, his doing. He wouldn't want to be friends with himself, either. Resting his head on his leg, he heaves a sigh. And then, he opens his mouth, singing for the last time that day, "You won't be found."
Night falls much faster than he thought it would. He'd been moping in there for a while. The room darkens, and he then, with a heavy heart, drags himself to his feet and marches back to the dorm to retire for the night (or, more accurately, stay up and vent). The lone voice is silenced once more, tucked back under lock and key, where it belonged.

~Lundell~
  Back