Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in

Dance With Me?  Closed 

Caitlin smiled slightly to herself as the soft music played in the background. She made another turn and tripped over her own feet... again. "This would be so much easier with another person. Curse mother for insisting I would not need those dance lessons." She muttered under her breath as she stood up and brushed herself off yet again before she started counting the steps out. "One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four." Caitlin counted out loud as she kept her eyes on her feet. She was so concentrated on that she never noticed the person coming into the Rehearsal Room. After a few seconds, she started a natural turn only to trip and fall with a loud curse. "This is insanity the lot of it! I'll never learn to dance like this." She cursed yet again as she stood and brushed the dirt off her leggings and skirt for the seventh time today. Caitlin was about to give up and forget going to the winter dance this year. After all, if she did go, by herself or not, she would make a fool of herself in front of the whole school. "It's not like I'll have a date to go with anyway."

Caitlin Jones~

Dance With Me?  Closed 

Lex made his way into the rehearsal room, trying not to disturb the girl practicing. Though, it looked like she was doing it very badly anyways. He wanted to help, but... No. He's not good at helping. He danced before, but it was just for fun.

The boy spent a few second listening to the music. Classical, but it has a nice beat despite being quiet. He took a deep breath before letting his feet move on its own, leading him. He missed the sensation of dancing, a lot now that he thought about it. The times spent with his Aunt, just twirling about in the vast library of their home... They would do this almost everyday, because his Aunt thinks it might help with his twitching problem. How nostalgic. His steps made no sound, but he knew where they were without looking.

He was cut off when someone decided to curse and stopped moving. Thankfully, he did not slip and fall this time. He approached the girl, despite his usual efforts to isolate himself. "If you want, I can help teach you how to dance." he asked, voice neutral and quiet, barely heard over the music.

He never taught anyone before so it's something new, and new is good right? Then again, it could end up badly... Oh what was he thinking, he already made the offer. Too late to turn back now.

As he waited for her response, he stared down at his feet. It was suddenly very interesting to look at. No, that wasn't an excuse to avoid eye contact.

|| Leslez Skoris ||
Strength 6 - Stamina 5 - Agility 7 - Control 5 - Accuracy 6 - Arcane Power 6

Dance With Me?  Closed 

"Oh! I... didn't see you there... If you think you can teach me how to dance then please be my guest." She said with a sigh and ran her fingers through her hair. She nodded to you. "Fair warning, your toes will be stepped on and your shins will be kicked." Her smile was forced as she fixed her shirt and wiped it of any dirt that may have gotten on it. "So how do we start?"

Caitlin Jones~

Dance With Me?  Closed 

Lex shrugged "That's normal. I'll just have to deal with it, I suppose." He walked over to her, quiet as a mouse. His hands twitched as he held them behind his back. "Alright, so we should start with something easy..." Lex hummed in thought. He's currently looking over what he can teach for her, not that he was a professional. "I'm not the best, but here we go. Give me your hands."

He held her hand with his shaky ones as he lead her around a little. He wasn't trying to drag her around but he did push her a little when she got something wrong. He managed to dodge most of the kicking and stomping but the few that hit him only made him wrinkle his nose a little. He tries not to yelp as he continued with a sore foot.

"Don't pay too much attention to your feet, try to follow the music the best you can." he commented. He realized he didn't know her name, or he has forgotten. Should he ask? Nah. He doesn't need to know. Besides, he will probably figure it out later right? Right. This is not the time to be lost in thought now, Lex. Back to the present!

When he came back, he was still helping her with her feet. Huh, that was an oddly quick trip to and from his mind.

|| Leslez Skoris ||

Dance With Me?  Closed 

With every kick to his shines or stomp on his toes, Caitlin studdered out an apology. This was hopeless. SHE was hopeless. As she listened to his advice she nodded once before loosening her muscles and letting the music guide her. She slowly stopped stepping on his feet and kicking him as she let him lead her around the small room. "Wow... I'm actually dancing..." She muttered mostly to herself as she dared to look away from her feet for a moment and was pleasantly surprised when she did not immediately hurt him in some form or fashion.

______
To be edited or will be deleted
Last edited by Mary Emerine Grey on 13th February 2018, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: RPG rule not respected (200 words at least)

Caitlin Jones~

Dance With Me?  Closed 

Lex kept up a blank face as the girl smiled. He was happy for her, but he didn't show. "You're getting it." he encouraged. "Try not to look at your feet, And soon enough you'll be able to lead yourself." Lex continued what he was doing, dodging the ever fewer kicks better, managing not to get hit.

He slowly let go of Caitlin's hands at some parts, letting her dance by herself. But before she could notice, he would've lead her around again. It's easier to lead yourself when you think you're being lead usually. After a few more minutes of the same steps, Lex decided she would have to try it out herself "You learn fast, now try it yourself." He folded his arms and got out of her way.

Lex wondered if she could do it. 'She could, I'm sure of it.' a voice echoed in his head. He nodded at noone in particular. Lex stood there and tried not to look bored, but he can't help it. It's his default expression. His mind was also trying to pull him in but he wanted to see how this will go, so he watched. A few stray hair fell to his face, he didn't brush it away.

|| Leslez Skoris ||