Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in

A Beater's Bite  PV | K. DeRook   INTERVIEW 

@Kyle DeRook
<3
[quote]Koko was finally realising the true threat of burnout. She doubted it would come to pass, but now it was just as real as frostbite. She loved talking and writing, so she had wished to be on the Headliner and had somehow managed to claim a spot as a reporter. The only downside was that she needed to interview four people before a certain deadline. And now... She was not sure if she could do it.

Nevertheless, as the blonde-haired-girl walked across the Quidditch Training Pitch, pacing anxiously right as five in the evening was about to roll around the corner, she stood straight. Her pale skin wasn't drenched in sweat, but if one touched it - they had better not - it would be damp. She was pacing because she was nervous. Koko did not talk to Gryffindors very often at all. In fact, the brash and reckless House members scared her quite a bit. They were just so brave.

The reason Koko had really wished to do this was because she loved Quidditch. She knew that the kid she had owled, Kyle, was Gryffindor's Quidditch Captain, and she would have a few questions to ask him. She was smiling carefully as she paced, just enough to look content but not enough to look at peace. This still scared her, but she would have to view it as 'coming out of her shell'. This would be absolutely fine, but... She'd heard rumours about this boy, and she sure as hell didn't want to get punched. While Koko didn't mind getting dirty every once in a while, she did have a set amount of vanity, and she really valued her nose. She didn't want her face to be covered in blood!

The sun was in the middle of the Western side of the sky, in the process of setting but not finished with it at all. The breeze was soft for September, and it was a cool evening with spotty clouds. All in all, it was beautiful. It was the perfect day to talk about Quidditch.
[/quote]

Today was the day for his interview. Kyle was ready, and he was determined to make a good first impression. This was going to be in the paper and how he was received was going to reflect not only on his Team but the house in general. It was his duty and his responsibility to put his best foot forward and make sure that Gryffindor was properly represented.

When he finally left the common room Kyle was in his Quidditch robes, wearing his armor(which he took the time to polish and clean so the leather looked nice), he had his captain patch proudly displayed and his normally messy and wild hair he tool the time to slick back so it would be out of his face for the entirety of the interview. He had no idea the types of questions that would be asked or what exactly he should be expecting from this interview and if he was being completely honest that kind of worried him. After all, Kyle didn't have the best track record with public speaking and he didn't have what one would refer to as "Social Graces"

When he Arrived on Sight he raised his right hand in greeting "Oi! Top o' tha mornin' to ya!" as he spoke his heavy Irish rang true. When he came to stop next to KoKo he crossed his arms across his chest and he wore his usual Cocky Smirk.

“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.“
Stamina: 10 Evasion: 4 Strength: 10 Wisdom: 2 ArcPower: 5 Accuracy: 4

<3
She saw him coming mere moments before he spoke out in a loud Irish accent. He came closer, and then he crossed his arms over his chest. He was that type of boy. Probably thought more of himself than he should have. "Good day," Koko told him with a sigh, reaching into the House robes she had chosen to wear and pulling out a notepad and a pencil. Quills were what they were told to use for their classes, but pencils were much more practical. They had erasers, for heaven's sake! What was better than that?

"Alright, so as you very well know, this is an interview, so I'm going to have some questions to ask you." Koko sent the strong boy what would look like an arrogant smirk but was really just her trying to feel more confident. Her eyes flitted to the lovely view of the castle, with its towers and battlements rising above the tree-covered Scottish hills. A breeze was wafting from that direction, making the girl's pale hair fly off of the back of her neck, giving her a needed cooldown. She smiled somewhat awkwardly. "What prompted you to apply for this position?" Koko asked him, twirling a strand of hair around her finger nervously. "Also, what position on the Quidditch Team will you be playing? Why did that one catch your eye?"
Reducio
I'm soooo sorry about how late (and short) this is. I'll be responding ASAP from now on :/

Kyle noticed the sigh and the arrogant smirk and assumed this was just a case of the Slytherin trying to act superior to him as just another annoying Gryffindor but he wasn't really bothered by it. Kyle had a number of Slytherin friends and even both of his parents wore the Emerald and Silver when they were in school. When she asked if he was aware that since this was an interview he was going to be asked questions he sort of cocked an eyebrow and tilted his head slightly. Was she being serious? of course there would be questions. Was there another way for interviews to work?

"What prompted you to apply for this position?"

Kyle rested his hands on his hips and thought for a moment. A simple question to start things off with, that was fair. "Darren O'Hare. He was Captain for the Kenmare Kestrals for years and the Irish National Captain three seperate times. He is a big inspiration for me playing in general, ofcourse I had to try and live up to his legacy and go for captain. The right captain with the right mindset makes all the difference, and I plan to lead like he did."

"Also, what position on the Quidditch Team will you be playing? Why did that one catch your eye?"

Kyle nodded a few times and he offer a slight half smile "First beater is my position. I have always admired the position really. You need to have a cool head, a fearless spirit, and strength to be a proper beater. The position is about so much more than just taking out or inconveniencing the enemy team, its about protecting your team and the audience as well."

“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.“
Stamina: 10 Evasion: 4 Strength: 10 Wisdom: 2 ArcPower: 5 Accuracy: 4