Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in

Who is the weirdo with the camera?  finished 

When she mentioned being on the other Quidditch team and being able to take a hit he chuckled, for a couple reasons. First of which was, what were the chances of all the snakes in the school to have a random encounter with on pitch like this was going to be on the Quidditch team. Second was because the hit she took was nothing compared to a game regulation bludger, especially not one hit at her by a Beater. There was a reason players wore the armor during games, and even then broken bones were not all that unheard of.

What caught his attention most of all was the sudden loss of light from her eyes as if she remembered something that brought a painful memory to the surface. This was something he was all too familiar with, like any time he remembered his mauling at the hands(or paws) of a werewolf or his first transformation while on wolfsbane potion, or what had happened over the summer with his best friend. Kyle was no stranger to hardships, and the effort it took to keep things like that bottled up.

He stepped forward and gave the black haired girl a playful punch on the shoulder "Alright, I don't know about you but I am starving. Lets get something to eat before the Hufflesnuffs scarf it all down, yeah?" he chuckled and walked past her and began to make his way towards the castle once more, but after a few steps he stopped to check and see if the girl was infact going with him.

“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.“
Stamina: 10 Evasion: 4 Strength: 10 Wisdom: 2 ArcPower: 5 Accuracy: 4

The playful punch to her shoulder pulled her out of her thoughts her eyes snapping back up to his and scrunching up her face at him for it. It would be followed by a small smile. “Yes, actually, I have not eaten yet today.” This was something she was guilty of quite often because she would get an idea in her head and just head off not really paying attention to the fact that she should probably eat or drink something. Rook started to walk past her and she would bend down and quickly, but carefully pack up her camera back before hoisting it up onto her shoulder.

As she stood back up she saw that he had turned around to check if she was in-step with him. She wasn’t but she would speed walk to catch up to him. Now that they would be going back into the castle she would take the silver locket and tuck it back under her robes. “Sorry, I’m ready!” At first he had come off as that stereotypical angry cocky boy, but something told her there was a soft spot somewhere down there. “I hope there is some cocoa left.” She said more to herself that she did to Rook as she kept walking past him or next to him if he fell in line with her. Since she was significantly shorter than him she would adjust her pace to match his.

Healing Sage: +25% healing done with potions and spells.
Stamina : 5 | Evasion : 5 | Strength : 3 | Wisdom : 8 | Arcane Power : 7 | Accuracy : 7

Kyle slid his hands into his pants pockets as the two of them began to leave the pitch and make their way back to the school. Sure his ribs ached and his whole body was still kind of sore, but that was really nothing to worry about. He was sure he would be fine. Besides, he was hungry and if he bothered wandering off to the nurse than who knows how long it would be until he was allowed to eat something with being mother hen-ed over by some nurse. Bah!

As the two of them walked Kyle did notice that the shorter girl did do her best to keep the pace with him and since he knew how bad her chest had to hurt as well he slowly over the course of a few strides slowed his gait down bit by bit until it didn't seem like she needed to rush so much to keep pace. after all, this slytherin didn't seem to know about his reputation yet and wasn't going out of her way to get as far away from him as possible yet so...there was something.

When they got to the Great Hall Kyle noticed the spot he usually ate had a scrawny red head kid sitting in it and he cocked an eyebrow and made a slight face. Naturally Kyle walked up to the first year Gryffindor and nudged him before making a motion with his head to scoot down. "Off ya pop. Cmon, girl here hasn't eaten all day shes wasting away. Move" the red headed boy nodded quickly and picked up his plate then moved down the table with his friend, shooting looks to Kyle after sitting back down but not saying anything. Kyle plopped down and looked over towards Santario "Well come on, I'm sure no one will say anything if you sit at this table for a few"

“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.“

San would be breathing in quick but shallow breaths to try and take the strain off of her chest. The pain was almost unbearable, but she put on a tough face. If anything her eyes would be slightly glassier as tears tried to well up occasionally. Standing and sitting still was so much easier but as they walked, she noticed she wasn’t having to work as hard to keep up with him, was he slowing down for her? That was kind of him he didn’t seem the time to go out of his way to be noticeably kind, but she could see him doing little things like this. It just seemed to make sense from what she could tell him so far and if she had to be honest with herself, he was intriguing. He seemed complex and that made her want to know more about him.

When they got to the great hall Kyle approached another Gryffindor and told him to move. This would bring a slight frown to her face, but the kid scurried off with his food. There was a second dilemma, however… this was, of course, the Gryffindor table and she was in fact not a Gryffindor. Some kids were already looking at her, some kids were looking at Kyle. She assumed it was because he was inviting a Slytherin to their table. He spoke breaking her from her thoughts. “I don’t want to make any problems for you.” She said as she reluctantly sat down next to him. This would be the first time all day that he would see her falter slightly. The normally unfazed girl seemed slightly self-conscious here. “But if you’re sure it’s no big deal I’ll ignore them and- Her eyes snapped up to meet his if he was looking at her. “You really didn’t need to make that boy leave. We could have found another spot.” Even with how she felt it still seemed she was more than willing to call him out.

Stamina : 5 | Evasion : 5 | Strength : 3 | Wisdom : 8 | Arcane Power : 7 | Accuracy : 7

Kyle turned to the table and grabbed a roll and scooped food from a few different bowls and plates in front of him and he tore into his food as training for Quidditch built up a big appetite. when she mentioned not wanting to cause him any trouble Kyle scoffed and shook his head "If anyone wants trouble I will just make 'em eat dirt. I Ain't worried bout it" he looked towards her just in time to meet her gaze and Kyle cocked an eyebrow

“You really didn’t need to make that boy leave. We could have found another spot.”

Kyle wasn't sure why she was worried about some random kid he made move. "Yeah but, this is where I sit. Every day. have since my first year" he shrugged. "If he had issue with it he could have said something" Kyle was used to his reputation proceeding him, especially now that he was older and bigger and the captain of the Quidditch team for his house. This made some of the more meek Gryffindors wary of him and Kyle was totally fine with that. "So if you are going out for the Quidditch team I'm assuming you are a fan? Whose your team?"
Last edited by Kyle DeRook on 16th September 2019, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

She would frown at him her eyes narrowing slightly. “I’m not someone that you need to get physical with someone over. I’ll just walk away if they want to be that way then I am better than them.” There was a bit of that snake mentality peaking through. She didn’t see the point in fighting people it was unnecessary and pointless things could be solved with words. That was something she was very good at she had stopped a bully once by demeaning him to the point where he was the one running away and crying.

A smile spread across her face as she eyed some hot cocoa and grab herself a mug. Rook had brought up quidditch and she listened as she looked for some cinnamon. “Cinnamon?” She asked more to herself than she did to anyone else as she scanned for some. “Oh uhm… She faltered, this was a first because she couldn’t even make something up she wouldn’t know what to make up. “So I don’t know anything about professional quidditch. I’ve... uhm never seen a game. I don’t know any of the teams.” A very rare flush appeared on her cheeks as she refused to look at him. She hoped he would still want to be her friend, she’d take it with dignity if he didn’t, but it would hurt more than she’d ever let on. 

“So I don’t know anything about professional quidditch. I’ve... uhm never seen a game. I don’t know any of the teams.”

Kyle almost choked on a biscuit and he coughed a few times as he felt around for a cup and he grabbed the closest one and drank from his as he finished coughing. He cleared his throat and looked towards the Slytherin and his brow was slightly furrowed as he looked deeply at her. It looked like he was struggling to find the right words and he was on the verge of bursting.

And that was when he busted out laughing and shook his head, giving San a playful slap on the back as he turned back towards his place "Then I got a WHOLE lot to catch you up on Muppet" he chuckled as he reached for his drink once more before clearing his throat and beginning to speak. "Alright well the first thing is, there are three balls. Two Bludgers, those are charmed to chase down and hit people like the one you wrestled earlier. A Quaffle, its bigger with divots in it to make it easier to hold, and a Golden Snitch which is a total Nutter and just flies around like a humming bird on crack. You with me?" he paused for just a moment before he continued"Which brings us to Team formation. Seven players. There's a Seeker whose job it is to Catch the Snitch. If he does his team gets 150 points and the game ends. Next are the Chasers, three on each team. They fight over the Quaffle and try to get it through the hoops on either side. Each goal is worth 10 points. Which leads us to the Keeper, whose job it is to keep the Chasers from making goals. And Finally the Beater, Their job is keeping the bludger in check. Knock it away from their team and towards the other team. That's why they have bats. You get all that?".

She raised her eyebrows in alarm when he started to choke but he had a cup in his hand before she could do anything about it. After he recovered, he stared at her and she sat there silently staring back eyes slightly wider than normal. Was he going to yell at her? Was he going to tell her to leave? Could he just say something already?! Then as if like a balloon popping, he started laughing at her which only caused her eyes to narrow at him even though this was the best outcome. A playful slap on her back made her giggle and shake her head a little as he started to speak.

Her eyes finally caught sight of the- “Cinnamon!” She exclaimed as she reached forward for it and sprinkled it over her cocoa before stirring it in while listening to him. Now that she was satisfied with her drink, she would focus her full attention on him while holding the mug with both hands her fingers laced around the back of it. Taking small sips she would nod occasionally as he spoke and when he paused, she just grinned at him with a nod. He was so passionate and energetic when he spoke, and she was enrapt listening to him.

By the end, her cocoa was halfway done and he asked her if she got all of that. “Yes, that all I get just fine. I tried out for keeper. I thought I’d be more suited for seeker but that is what the captain is so I feel like I could be decent at guarding some goals.” She spoke a bit more confidently than she felt and the more that they spoke the more he might be able to start to recognize this trait of hers. “Keep going though I could soak this up all day.” She would resume sipping her cocoa having not yet even taken a bite of food just proving that she really did forget to eat sometimes even if it was right in front of her. Or perhaps was it the distraction of someone becoming a friend and a possible thing in common. 

When she spoke about joining the team and going for the position of Keeper Kyle was excited for her, but he was slightly taken aback by how dismissively she spoke about 'Just guarding some goals'. The Keeper was a crucial member of the team, and his favorite player of all time was a Keeper as well!

"Muppet don't you know what this means? If you are going for Keeper you are talking to the number one fan of the Best Keeper in Quidditch History! Darren O'Hare was a legend. He not only Dominated on the Pitch but he was the captain of the Kestrals, and when the teams came together to form the Irish National team he was asked to lead it three seperate times. He is proof that the best player on a team can be the Keeper." Kyle got an excited gleam in his eye as he Gushed about Darren O'Hare. He may have been the captain of a team that was often over looked and played in a position not many people found alot of glory in, But Kyle Idolized him.

Kyle finished his drink and slammed the cup down on the table "Im gonna write an owl to Ma, Have her send me some articles about O'Hare, Ill see if she will send my projector as well! I have EVERY single game they every captured of his. I even have his first game as Rookie!"

As he went on to talk about his favorite player a bit of dread filled her and her heart started to race. Anxiety was one hell of a thing as she bit her bottom lip still soaking in all of the information that he gave her. She had kind of been shoved into applying in the first place, but what if she wasn’t good enough? What if she couldn’t fly well enough or guard the goals? What if she wasn’t strong enough and she would fail everyone in her house and be the laughingstock of the school? What would her grandmother think and worse would there be a fight to transfer her away? Her grandmother hated sports and already thought this was a huge waste of San’s time when her mother told her. She had received an owl about it last night which is one of the reasons she had needed some fresh air that morning.

Other than her lip being lightly bitten she showed no outward expression of these internal feelings but the chemicals spiked her system none-the-less. “W-wow he seems like he was a really amazing quidditch player. I love how excited you get when you talk about this. Makes it seem a little less intimidating.” That was a partial truth as it did make it seem a little less intimidating and yet more so all at the same time for other reasons, but she was putting on a happy air. She was so nervous now she thought that if her hands weren’t clenched around the mug she was holding that they would be trembling lightly.

She started a little when he slammed his cup down and then spoke about writing his mother. “Oh really? That would be really kind of you to go through so much trouble just for me.” She smiled but didn’t think he needed to go through all of that just for someone like her. “I Appreciate you for it though! Maybe I can understand better what I got myself pushed into.” A hesitant chuckle before she busied herself finishing her cocoa an excuse to not look at anyone and push those feelings and thoughts deep down where they belonged.

Offers an excited nod "O'Hare was amazing, you'll see. If you take even a portion of what he could do then your sorry team might actually give us a challenge" Kyle offered a playful wink. While he was supportive of his friends if Kyle was anything, it was competitive. Unlike some people he didn't go easier on his friends he went twice as hard out of respect for them, with the hope that they would as well. What are friends for if not to push you past your limits and to be better than you normally could.

When she spoke about being willing to watch the projector with him that was all it took to settle the decision, he would make sure to owl his Ma and explain that NO he wasn't asking her to send him expensive things because he wanted to re-watch them for probably the one hundredth time he was going to show them to a friend that was real this time and not his moving pillow he had yet to think of a satisfying name for.

Kyle pushed himself to his feet and turned from the table. "Alright! So i need to go clean up the mess at the pitch, lock up the broom and Quidditch box. Then I'll write to my Ma for the stuff." he grabbed a pastry from the table and took a probably too big of a bite then spoke through a full mouth. "I'll see you around Muppet" he swallowed "And go sit at your own table. you crazy?" he laughed as he walked off, offering a wave over his head

Reducio
Kyle attempts to leave the thread unless stopped.

San lit up and grinned at him. “I plan to learn and take in as much as I can, Rook, I’ll give it more than my best and no less!” She laughed when he winked at her and shook her head a little feeling a bit better now about it all. Coming to Hogwarts really was changing things for her she had made two friends so far and tried out for the quidditch team. Something that she was getting more excited about the more she spoke to Rook. He was just so confident and seemingly carefree about it and that inspired her to try and take on the same mentality.

She gave him her crooked half-smile when he asked if she was crazy. “Only crazy enough to be your friend. Goodbye Rook!” San would get up from the Gryffindor table grabbing her camera bag deciding it was time to go lay down and recover. The pain from wrestling that bludger out of the sky was still reverberating through her system and she didn’t want to go to the nurse for something that would take some simple resting to heal. The fact that she also didn’t want to have to explain herself to the nurse and possibly get Kyle in trouble if that was something that he could get in trouble for. So down to her room she would return and probably pen an owl to her parents while she was at it.

Reducio
Santario Leaves