Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in

Who is the weirdo with the camera?  finished 

It had been a while since Santario had been able to get away from her studies and find a good place to take some photos. Considering she had been homeschooled and had never set foot inside of a traditional classroom until coming to Hogwarts this was all just a tad overwhelming. The castle may have been big, but it still gave her the same caged animal feeling that she had when she was at home. So today she decided it was time to get some well needed fresh air and take some photos of a place she had yet to be. Granted, if her classmates strong-arming her into joining the quidditch team panned out she would get to know this place very well. In a way, it wasn’t all that bad that they did it made her feel less homesick. She still didn’t think she would make a great quidditch player; a keeper at that. She was very good at observing and finding things, but their captain was already a seeker and she was pretty sure the second string was already taken. She was not near strong enough to be a beater and chaser just didn’t seem right either.

Pulling away from her thoughts with the determination to make herself feel better she would gently set her camera bag down. Her silky, black hair fell over her shoulder like a waterfall cascading around her face and her bag, and her silver locket slipped out of the front of her robes dangling in the air above it. Unconcerned for the moment she would gently remove her camera and change the lens since she had left the macro lens on the last time. As she stood back up, she would sweep her hair back over her shoulder, but she would leave her locket out. Slender, delicate fingers checked the settings on the lens before bringing the camera up to her face her porcelain fine skin standing out against all the black that donned her. Looking out through the camera she would start snapping photos. *click* *click* *click* An adjustment of the lens here and there as she analyzed her surroundings for the best shots. 

Reducio
@Kyle DeRook
Last edited by Santario Martin on 18th September 2019, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Healing Sage: +25% healing done with potions and spells.
Stamina : 5 | Evasion : 5 | Strength : 3 | Wisdom : 8 | Arcane Power : 7 | Accuracy : 7

At any given day during the week these days Kyle was at the Quidditch training pitch. The teams hadn't even been picked yet but he needed to make sure his game was on point. He was flying Drills as he tried to improve his speed. He flew through the goal posts and did his best to make sharp turns and weave through and around them, and only some times crashed into the posts. Of course there was also the beater practice where he released three bludgers instead of the regulation two just to make sure he was even sharper.

This day he had gotten out to the pitch early while every once else was having breakfast to make sure he got plenty of time to practice without the extra noise and audience. the plan today? just one bludger, but he wasn't going to fly with his bat, instead he was going to try speed and maneuver drills while avoiding the bludger. He was at it for about an hour or two, the occasional graze or near miss keeping him on edge. suddenly a flash out of the corner of his eyes caught his attention and he came to a stop to see what it was he had just seen. And there someone was. some girl with black hair and a camera. A spy? a journalist? both? hold on...was he forgetting something?

a sudden wave of realization washed over Kyle just in time for him to hear the bludger whizzing through the air a moment before it crashed into his ribs. The blow knocked the wind out of his lungs with a loud grunt and he was knocked clean from his broom and he fell about 15 feet onto the soft grass with a loud thud. As Kyle lay on his side coughing his whole body hurt. when he could finally draw a full breath he let out a pained groan.

“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.“
Stamina: 10 Evasion: 4 Strength: 10 Wisdom: 2 ArcPower: 5 Accuracy: 4

Santario with her camera to her face was a little like a horse wearing blinders. The only thing she saw was what her lens was focusing on which was both a gift and a curse. It allowed her to take amazing photos but at the same time, she could be obvious to the things around her. She hadn’t seen the boy flying around right away, and it was not until she heard the bludger connecting with the boy that he had even caught her attention. The camera pulled away from her face looking over just in time to see the boy go flying off of his broom and crash into the ground. The thud made her wince, she had never seen anyone fall like that before let alone heard it.

Her instincts kicked in along with a high of adrenaline, swooping down to snag the strap of her camera bag, she took off running towards him at a full sprint. It didn’t take her terribly long to get to him skidding to her knees next to him wincing slightly as a bit of skin opened up on her own knees from the hard drop and slide. She would set her camera on top of her bag sharp sapphire eye’s scanning over his body analyzing the way he lay. He let out a pained groan causing her eyes to snap to his face. “Slow breaths until you can manage deep ones again.” A silvery voice that spoke with experience. “When you can manage words and don’t rush it, tell me if there is any sharp pain where that bludger hit you.”

She desperately wished he wasn’t wearing his quidditch padding because she wouldn’t be able to feel his ribs through them. Nor was she just going to start trying to take them off him and risk damaging him. She could try to slide her hand up the armor, however, the boy wasn’t bleeding from his mouth, so it didn’t seem like a rib had broken and punctured anything. He also would be in far more severe pain if it had, no doubt, so although extremely concerned she did think he would be fine. The perks of having a mother who was a Head Healer at St. Mungos and one that also taught her muggle healing or at least as much of it that one could learn without going to college.

Stamina : 5 | Evasion : 5 | Strength : 3 | Wisdom : 8 | Arcane Power : 7 | Accuracy : 7

Thankfully Kyle had gotten into the habit of always wearing his Beater armor so while the blow and subsequent fall hurt he didn't think anything was broken. he was sure to have a hell of bruise though, maybe a couple. He rolled from his side onto his back and panted slightly until he could take a full breath. sure his ribs hurt and taking too deep of a breath was sore there was no sharp pain or anything so he was sure that there was no serious injuries. at least not this time.

It was then he realized someone was fussing over him and initially he just saw the green from her uniform and he wondered how on earth Illowy managed to get all the way to the Training pitch that quickly. wait that's impossible. this was someone new. who was this. He grunted and shifted so he was supporting himself on his elbows and he saw the camera on the girls bag. camera?

"You. The HELL are you doing out here?" he cough a few times from the yell "You an ya stupid bloody camera almost got me killed!" It's not like he particularly cared about being distracted or even having pictures taken. He was mainly angry from the pain of being slammed into by a bludger and falling 15 feet. and when Angry kyle had a habit of lashing out at whoever was closest

“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.“

The boy shifted himself so that he was on his elbows making her think that he was probably ok besides loads of pain he was more than likely in. Though it was then that he rounded on her yelling calling her names. Her jaw tensed as she clenched her teeth. The adrenaline that was once fueled by concern was now fueled by anger. How dare he blame this on her! Her eyes hardened as she made contact with his steel-blues. “My fault?! How is it my fault that you let a bludger slam into you?” Her once soft voice now held an edge to it as she spoke to him. Brows knitted themselves into a frown. "At least I came over to make sure nothing was broken or seriously injured! If it was anyone one else maybe they would have left you to suffer if you were seriously hurt.” For a small moment she considered walking away and leaving him there to recoup himself, but that was purely against her nature being yelled at or not.

His anger didn’t scare her either it only fueled her stubbornness to help. "You should in the very least let me check that nothing is broken, and sitting up so soon is not great either!” San not knowing the nature of the boy in question nor did she know of his reputation. She would not back down from him just because he was lashing out like a 2-year-old who decided to blame his careless actions on another person.

almost the moment he had finished yelling at the girl she responded in a way he had honestly not really been expecting. She didn't balk, she didn't look hurt or frightened. instead she furrowed her brow and started to yell right back at him. Further more what she yelled at him was exactly right. He knew better than to just sit still and wait for a bludger to smack into him, it wasn't her fault. Honestly the way she tore right back into him was a little bit impressive, and it took the wind out of his sails as far as tearing her a new one went.

Then came the really frustrating part. The fussing over him and wanted to fix him. If there was anything he hated since becoming infected with lycanthropy was people worry about him and trying to make him better. Kyle waved her hands away from him and he made and annoyed grunting sound. "I'm fine all right! stop fussin' over me ya muppet"

and then Kyle remembered something pretty important and he looked around frantically and grabbed his ribs at motion, letting out a hiss of pain. The bludger was still out there and was gonna come back. With a groan Kyle got this feet, pushing the black haired girl out of the way if she tried to stop him and he grabbed his bat just in time to take a left handed swing at the bludger that was heading right at them. it wasn't his best hit but it would buy them a little time. thank god for that too cause he sunk back to one knee "Yeah...yeah ok that hurt..."

Muppet… San glared at him harder if it was even possible. She was getting even more frustrated with him now and a bit of the Irish from her father's side was starting to leak into her words. "I’m half Irish don’t think I don’t know what you are calling me you-“ She was interrupted by the boy getting up, her instinctively trying to stop him and getting pushed back. She would land with a squeak, her hands behind her bracing her fall so her head didn’t slam into the ground. That wasn’t what concerned her, however, she watched his bat connect with the bludger before sinking back to one knee. "How do we stop this thing?” She asked as she pushed herself back off of the ground to a standing position before clearing the small distance between them.

She wasn’t looking at him however she was now watching the bludger. She had always been great at watching things. "I could probably hit it but I am not that strong so I don’t know how far I could realistically knock it away…” She was great at hitting marks as long as what she needed to do it with didn’t require a whole lot of strength. She calculated that if she needed to use his bat to hit the bludger she would probably get hurt in the aftershock but if it bought time she’d be willing to make the sacrifice. “Whatever I need to do to help so that I can take a proper look at you because if you think I am just letting you walk away from this you are mistaken. I’ll sit on you if I have too.” The image of the girl even attempting to wrestle the older boy into a position for her to sit on him and check his ribs was hilarious in itself. She wouldn’t actually stand a chance without using the fact that he was hurt against him and she wouldn’t do that.

Kyle took a few pained breaths while listening to the slytherin girl drone on and on and on. She did not seem to take high stress situations the best. He couldnt even get a word in edge wise. he looked around and saw the box the bludger was stored in and looked back towards the black haired girl "Listen this is gonna hurt, but you need to catch it. It can knock you down, just wrap your arms around it and don't let go. Alright?" he heard the sound of the bludger whizzing back and he ducked just in time for it to zoom past him. He offered the slytherin a nod, trusting her to handle it.

Once he turned away from her he dropped his bat and made his way towards the box that held the other bludger, the quaffle and the sleeping snitch. They just needed to slam the bludger into its slow and clasp the chain back over it to secure it into place. once it was locked back up then they could move onto other problems. Like why the hell she was taking pictures randomly at the training pitch.

Kyle picked up the Quidditch box and quickly began to head back towards the girl "Once you grab it, slam it into the open spot! then we can lock it up!"

She looked away from the bludger and back at him when he said she needed to catch it eyes slightly wide at just the though. She would give a nod before biting her lower lip and trained her eyes back onto the bludger. She saw him move out of the corner of her eye, grabbing something before coming back to her. Another nod would be given to his last set of instructions as she stayed trained on it. It seemed like it was set on going after the boy maybe because he was bigger than her? She couldn’t tell because she knew nothing about how they really worked. She bit her lip a little harder before letting it go, her heart was beating so fast she thought it was going to break her ribcage. She felt nauseous as a small trickle of fear rippled through her. She saw what this thing had done to him and he was wearing armor made for taking hits. She was wearing her simple uniform which did not include padding to take a hit to a bludger.

The bludger made its move careening for the boy next to her, but she swallowed that fear determined to not allow it the chance to do more damage. She jumped in front of it, the blugder slamming hard into her chest eliciting a gasp as the air in her lungs was driven out. Wrap your arms around it rang through her head in his voice, and her arms wrapped around it holding it harder than she had ever held anything while falling hard onto her back. The back of her head finally connected the grass before she managed to roll onto her stomach lying on it. She would take a moment to collect herself still holding onto the thrashing bludger as if her life depended on it. This was the most pain she had ever experienced, and it also made her understand why people said they saw stars.

After just a moment she would get to her knees holding the bludger to her body and move with it one knee at a time until she was in the position to push it into its spot in the case. Once the bludger was completely secure she would let herself fall back onto the grass and just lay there staring at the sky waiting for some of the pain to abate. Apart from the typical falls, scraps, and minor burns she had never been this close to feeling this much physical pain before in her life and it was taking her a moment to process it all.

Kyle watched, kind of impressed, as the girl took a bludger to the chest and managed to wrap her arms around it and keep hold as it squirmed and tried to get free. Once she got up to her knees he held the box open and ready and the moment the Bludger was slammed into place he wrapped the chains over it and locked it back into place. As the slytherin girl fell onto her back to catch her breath so too did Kyle and they laid there together for a a couple of minutes in silence, except for their breathing.

Finally Kyle let out a slight grunt and pushed himself back to his feet and he walked over to the black haired girl and he offer a hand to help her to her feet. "Gotta admit, took that hit like a champ. You gonna make it?" there was a light in his eyes that despite his original anger at the pain the excitement of the situation left him in a state of elation, like he enjoyed the danger, and he wore his usual cocky smirk as opposed to a scowl or anything like that. If there was anything Kyle respected it was displays of Grit, no matter who it came from.

They laid there in silence and San could only focus on the pain that coursed through her like liquid fire in her veins, the central spot just under her clavicle. At some point, she heard him grunt, his footfalls on the soft grass closing that small distance between them. Her eyes followed him when he was finally in her view and she would accept the hand that was offered to help her up. A squeak and small groan from pain escaped her lips as she stood up with his assistance. “I think so. I have never been in this much pain in my life. I didn’t feel anything crack.” She would move her hands to the bone just under her neck and gently feel it before moving slightly down her sternum, wincing in obvious pain as she did it. “Yeah, nothing is broken. You?”

She was more curious as to if he had taken any more damage from having to hit the bludger away and move around as much as he did. “I’m sorry, I’m Santario.” She finally introduced herself as if she had just been smacked in the back of the head by her grandmother. If it had been left to her grandmother, she would have been punished for not introducing herself as soon as the man had become aware of her existence. She suppressed a shudder of the thought as she looked up at the boy in front of her thankful that she never lived full-time with that woman.     

“I think so. I have never been in this much pain in my life. I didn’t feel anything crack.”

Kyle couldn't help chuckle. He had been hit so many times, by both people and bludgers that he couldn't say he hadn't been in this kind of pain before. Hell the worst pain he had ever experienced was when he...transformed...Kyle shook his head and cleared his throat not wanting to think about that at the moment. When she proceeded to say nothing was broken and asked if he could say the same he gave himself a quick pat down. Sure his rubs hurt and his body was tender in general after the fall he could honestly say that he wasn't going to be any worse for wear long term. "Don't worry about it, I've taken harder hits than that."

When she suddenly apologized and introduced herself Kyle became aware that neither knew who the either was yet, and he was a little surprised that it hadn't even occurred to him to ask for her name or offer his in return. What would his mother say...other than to keep a better eye on bludgers while in the air. Kyle placed his hands on his hips and offered a shrug "Name's Kyle, but the lads back home Call me Rook" he said in his usual introduction to people. After all Kyle was just so bland...Rook was a much cooler name. Right? he certainly thought so.

In the chaos of everything and the mutual injuries Kyle had forgotten about what had caused the whole dust up, but now that they had a chance to breath it was finally coming back to him. He had seen her snapping pictures with her camera and he had become distracted. He snapped the fingers on his right hand as he remembered and pointed towards the girls camera "So the hell were ya doing anyway? whats out here to take pictures of?"

He said he had taken harder hits before and she bit her lower lip thinking that, that was probably true by the looks of him. He sure did look like he could take a hit and considering he was practicing this probably wasn’t the first bludger he had ever taken; so she decided to take his word for it and not push the fact that she still wanted to check. The boy shrugged and offered up both a name and a nickname something she picked up on that she was allowed to use. Otherwise, why tell someone what your nickname is if you didn’t want people to use it right? "Alright, Rook it is then.”  San didn’t have any special names other than the shortened version of her full name so she didn’t bother mentioning it.

Him snapping his finger pulled her out of a thought that was just forming and then he pointed at her camera nestled on top of her camera bag. “Oh, well I kind of just take pictures of everything. Sometimes people, but most of the time scenery. Some people write in journals and I take pictures. Ironically it’s almost how I force myself to socialize because I don’t like large groups of people.” Her shoulders would give a shrug and she went to lean down towards her camera bag hissing through her teeth as pain shot through her torso. Instead, she decided to take a knee next to it instead to grab what she wanted, and it occurred to her that she was going to feel this for a while.

Reaching into the bag she pulled out a black leather-bound photo album and held it out to him. “Here take a look. I am sorry though I didn’t realize that someone would be here since the quidditch season hadn’t started yet.” It could be quite noticeable that the more she got comfortable with someone the more she would talk to them and for whatever reason she found Rook very easy to talk to maybe bonding over shared pain was what did it.

If he took the album and started looking through it he would find these photos in order: A moving photo of her with her parents, a toad was on her father’s head and san was holding a large fluffy cat. A photo of the Hogwarts express on the platform, A moving photo of Quinn Healy expressing delight over a dessert table. Olphie and Nadege speaking, Hjordis entering through a curtain of floating photos of Olphie. Quinn Healy and Serena Towers in a conversation by the dessert table. A Photo of a redheaded first-year Gryffindor picking out beads for a bracelet. Finally, a little blonde girl staring in the direction of the camera with her mouth agape like a fish.

Kyle definitely noticed that she seemed to start talking more and more as the time went on, either she was getting more comfortable or she was hit harder than he realized. Kyle couldn't imagine not liking large crowds. Something he desired more than anything was to find himself surrounded by hundreds or thousands of people all cheering for him, chanting his name. That was the dream. Then again, as he thought about it more being in the middle of an adoring crowd was much MUCH different than having a bunch of mouth breathing strangers crowding you and being obnoxious. just thinking about it he wanted to punch somebody.

"I didn’t realize that someone would be here since the quidditch season hadn’t started yet."

Man this girl really had to know absolutely nothing about Quidditch if she didn't think anyone would be on the pitch just because the season hadn't officially started yet. A dedicated player trained and practiced all year long. After all, how else would you become the best? He chuckled and shook his head "oh muppet. Maybe I should have introduced myself better. Captain DeRook, head of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. It's Always Quidditch season for me." This time when he used the word "Muppet" there was no venom behind it, if anything it almost sounded endearing. "Gotta practice every day if I want to make sure I'm ontop of my game. Practice makes perfect and well. Have you met me?" he gave a sly wink

San would stand back up slowly this whole moving thing was not fun anymore, but she was stubborn. A chuckle drew her eyes back to his face and he called her muppet… again. Though this time it was different it didn’t make her want to glare at him. He emphasized captain and those sharp sapphire eyes widened slightly at this knowledge. Not only was he on one of the opposing teams he was the captain of an opposing team. She couldn’t help but giggle at him a smile lighting up her face almost making those blues of hers sparkle. “Oh you’re one of those guys” She giggled a little more. He reminded her of those internally cocky guys in books that she read. In her father's books, there were often the ones to survive because they knew what they were capable of, and they got done what needed to get done.

“Well if I make it on to my team don’t hold back those bludgers, because now you know I can take a hit.” She gave him a half crooked smile that said she was proud of herself for handling that the way that she did. In the end, though he was right she didn’t know enough about quidditch she had borrowed some books from the library to read up on and she was really good in flying classes. Lack of knowledge is what happened when you were isolated in a muggle town unable to have any friends; this thought pulled the joy right out of her eyes again leaving her with the same look he would already have been accustom to seeing on her face.