Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in

Practice Creeping  PV Rhea Bishop   Closed 

Charlotte began to make her way over to the training pitch, bundled up in a winter coat that practically swallowed her small frame up. She had wanted to watch one of the teams practice to hopefully get a clue of what she needed to prepare for in the coming years of tryouts. Lottie had played casually for most of her life with all of the kids in her neighborhood. She had even gone to a few of the big time games with her dad to cheer on whatever team they hated the least. Her hopes of standing out for anything good at this school were riding on Quidditch.

When she arrived, Lottie was relieved to find that the Ravenclaw team was practicing and there weren't too many spectators. Just enough to not seem overly strange. She found a spot a safe distance away and sat on the cold ground, placing her History of Magic textbook in front of her so that she appeared to be doing something other than creeping on the Quidditch team. Thankfully the ground wasn't wet with frost, but that was just dumb luck.

She crossed her legs and began to watch the team start its drills, leaning forward with her head on her hands. They stretched, they ran, and they took up their broomsticks. Lottie was squinting to see if any of them had some of the newer, fancier, broomsticks but nothing stood out too much. God, they were fast though. She would really have to keep up if she made it on to the team.

pretty people mind their own business -xoxo Lottie

The young redhead rummaged around in her trunk for her warmest winter coat. It was absolutely freezing outside, and she didn't want to freeze her butt off when she was flying around on her broom. The coat that she was looking for had been custom made for her so that she could wear it when it was cold and she wanted to play Quidditch. She grabbed her Gryffindor scarf and her hat as well as her Quidditch gloves that would warm her hands and make her grip on the broom better. When she deemed herself ready, she made her way outside to the pitch. 

Rhea had planned on practicing her skills on the field, but when she got there she saw that it was occupied by what she thought was the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. She only hoped that they would finish their practice soon, so she could hop onto her own broom and practice her Quidditch skills. The thought that she could join their practice briefly passed through her head, but she quickly dismissed it. She knew that it was a private practice, so she couldn't just barge in and demand to join them. 

So, Rhea decided to wait them out. She sighed and looked around, to find someone she could talk to while she waited. She found a small girl huddled in a thick coat, legs crossed and a huge textbook in her lap, staring up at the team with awe. Rhea shrugged and decided to go sit by the girl, seeing that there was no harm in doing so. 

She sat down next to the girl, wrapping her own coat tighter around herself. "Hey," Rhea started, "My name's Rhea. Why're you out here in the cold?" Rhea shivered and shoved her gloved hands into her pockets. 

the trouble is, if you don't risk anything -- you risk more.
♕ℛ ♕
Strength: 9; Ability: 8; Control: 8; Stamina: 10

Lottie jumped slightly at the voice speaking to her, almost feeling like she had been busted for something. She twisted her body to see a head-headed Gryffindor first year girl sitting next to her and smiled slightly. She straightened up a little and closed her unread textbook to have a proper conversation.

"Oh, I'm half studying, half daydreaming about when I can finally try out for the Quidditch team."

She let out a nervous giggle, her breath curling like smoke into the cold air. She knew it was a bit of a loser thing to do, but she would be freezing if she tried to practice on her own today anyway. She thought about how she really needed a better coat as she zipped it up a little further. From the looks of it, Lottie figured that the girl was there to practice Quidditch herself.

"I'm Lottie by the way, nice to meet you."

She said this with a smile, extending her ice cold hand to the girl as a greeting. The girl seemed pretty bundled up, and to be honest Charlotte was a little jealous. She made a mental note to ask her parents for gloves as soon as she could.

pretty people mind their own business -xoxo Lottie

Rhea could see that she had startled the girl, and a small feeling of guilt passed through her. But it was gone as quickly as it had come. She ignored the feeling and instead turned her full attention to the girl. The brunette told her that she was studying as well as dreaming about joining the Quidditch team. She also introduced herself as Lottie, which Rhea assumed was a nickname.

"Pleasure to meet you too," Rhea said with a smile, before continuing, "I also hope to make the team next year. I hope that I'm good enough - I mean , I've been practicing almost every day since I've gotten here." 

She noticed Lottie shiver and zip up her coat, and realized that the small girl was freezing. Rhea decided, in a small, rare, act of kindness to take off her scarf and give it to the girl. She wrapped it snugly around Lottie's neck and grinned at her. "Don't worry, I won't be too cold."

Rhea craned her head to look back up at the team that was practicing. She squinted her eyes and could make little snips of blue on their robes. Rhea turned her head to look back at Lottie and guessed that she, too, was in Ravenclaw. 

"You're in Ravenclaw, right?" without waiting for a response, Rhea continued on, "I hope so, I don't wanna have you as competition for a position on the team. You seem like someone who'd be good at Quidditch."

the trouble is, if you don't risk anything -- you risk more.
♕ℛ ♕
Strength: 9; Ability: 8; Control: 8; Stamina: 10