Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in

Bumps and Bruises  Closed 

Kyle sat in the common room, playing chess with himself, as he tried to think of what h wanted to do today. Then, it had hit him out of nowhere. He Loved Quidditch, never missed a chance to catch a game with his parents back home. He had always wanted to play it and even talking with The Duke about what they would do if they were a rich and famous Quidditch player. It was decided, when the chance arose he would have to try out for the team. Though in the mean time he needed to practice some, get ready so he didn't look completely green when it was time that way he could help his chances. He sprang up from his seat and just tipped over his king and slipped on his shoes and jogged out of the common room and made his way down the stairs and out to the grounds.

Once on the training pitch he made his way to the supplies shed and grabbed a Beaters bat and looked for a training bludger. He was sure that if a prefect or teacher found him he would probably get yelled at for doing this without any supervision or protective gear, but how do you learn if not by doing? besides. whats a couple Bumps and Bruises? He goes back out to the training put and sets down the box with the training bludger and begins to fiddle with the lock, wishing now that he knew how to cast Alohomora.

“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.“
Stamina: 10 Evasion: 4 Strength: 10 Wisdom: 2 ArcPower: 5 Accuracy: 4

Callie was bubbling with excitement. She just saw Kaylee and Maxwell and was thrilled to go to her classes. She glanced out at the scenery a few times. She glanced towards the Quidditch Pitch and saw a vague, brown haired figured standing in the middle. She was curious as to why, so she strode down and peered inside. It was only a tall, lanky boy who was holding a beater stick. She was curious as to why he had it out, seeming he wasn't present at, well any Quidditch games. When Callie suddenly realized. He was trying to open the lock dangerously. Callie scrambled onto the field, grabbing a beater stick bat and shouted ,"Alohamora!".
The box flew open and a bludger strained vigorously. She slid in the mud and opened the strap. It came whizzing out and she smacked it with such force that it went whooOOOOOSHHH!
"Callie (breathe) Reece. This looked (breathe) fun so (breathe) I thought (breathe) I'd join.", she briefly patted him on the shoulder and smacked the speeding bludger.
She thought it was going to be quite dangerous but from her gut instincts she had raced ahead anyways. She hoped that the Slytherin/ Gryffindor robing wouldn't create an arguement, so she smiled at the boy.
The delay caused the bludger to smack her in the shoulder. She began laughing as she sent it flying back.
"Sorry if I ruined your fun. Here, I'll let you have this one,", Kaylee curtsied as it flew over her head and went speeding towards his face, sending Callie into an outburst of laughter.

Kyle continued to mess with the lock as he tried to open the box, he was more and more frustrated with each passing moment. Finally he lifted the beater bat and was about to smash the lock when suddenly it just opened and the bludger rocketed out and began to whiz around. Be let out a laugh and got to his feet, seems he did unlock it! Then he noticed the sounds of someone running towards him. A Slytherin girl. Then he realized she had unlocked it, he had thought he heard someone say something.

The girl smacks the bludger away and pays him on the shoulder as she introduces herself and he can’t help but blink at the girl. Mostly boys went for the beater position, but she clearly had an arm. Interesting

”Kyle, but the lads back home call me Rook” he watches the bludger comes back and this time it hits the girl in the shoulder and he looks from her to it trying to follow it. Then she moves out of the way he notices it coming towards his face, but he notices it too late.

WHAM

The bludger nails him right in the face and he goes out down hard. He lets out a laugh if his own as he gets back to his feet. He runs the back of his hand across his nose and finds he is bleeding, but he has had worse. He keeps a close eye on the bludger as it comes back and this time Smack he hits it and it whizzes back away from them and he looks towards the Slytherin girl. ”packs a wallop ya?” he chuckles

“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.“

Ignore this I cant delete it
Last edited by Callie Reece on 24th May 2019, 1:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Callie felt bad, but she burst out laughing when she heard the whack of the bludger hitting his face. Blood streamed out of his nose but he seemed alright with it, so Callie just turned to whack it again.
Sure does. It’d be my dream to be a beater, but Keepers cool too.”, she stretched before she had to whack it again.
They alternated like this, one and one, before Callie started to get bored. She wanted more action, but didn’t want to be too dangerous. What’s the worst two bludgers can do? Callie missed hitting it, causing it to hit her in the back and send her toppling. She weakly smacked it, giving her time, and she stood up and spat out dirt and blood. She felt the inside of her mouth. No lost teeth? Alright we’re fine. She hit the bludger with such force that it was sent flying out of the Quidditch Pitch.
And the crowd goes wiiild!”, she took a lap around Rook.
She pointed to the other bludger and raised her eyebrows. She thought how weird she might look, with dirt and blood smeared on her face, but she didn’t care. She heard the familiar whizz of the oncoming bludger, and ducked down to let Rook take it.

As the bludger comes whizzing towards him he sets up and hits it with a loud crack sending it flying and he lets out a laugh. This was great, way better than he expected when he woke up this morning. And this slytherin girl seemed pretty cool, and actually willing to get roughed up to. that's something he missed from back home is the fun of getting beat up and dirty with close friends or even his cousin. Its a great time and way better than just sitting around and chatting. Then he remembered, she had pointed to second bludger in the box. Letting out a second one could be interesting.

He walks towards the box, dropping to his stomach to dodge the bludger as it comes whizzing past with a chuckle as he crawls towards the box. He reaches inside and unhooks the clasp on the second one and it whips out of the box and up into the air now as well. Double trouble. "Best stay sharp Cree! Don't wanna have to drag you to the hospital wing!" he laughs and turns, getting a wild swing off on one of the bludgers to send it careening away but the second catches him the ribs and he lets out a loud Oof as the wind his knocked out him and he stumbles, quickly scrambling back to his feet

Lucian had been taking a stroll outside, enjoying the fresh air and a small break from all the schoolwork she'd been piling on herself lately; perhaps if she came home for Christmas Break knowing a multitude of spells it would soften the blow of her unexpected House.
Suddenly, she noticed something moving quickly in the corner of her eye, swishing her head around to spot the Quidditch Training Pitch, with two people standing in the middle of it, messing around with a Bludger. She snickered to herself and shook her head, dismissing it quickly, yet the idea of zipping around on a broom once more peaked her interest. She hadn't been on a broom since being home with her brothers, save the one class she had participated in here. Lucian had always had an affinity for flight; the adrenaline rush she received from rushing through the air, the feeling of weightlessness beneath her. Everything felt right when she was up there.
Picking up a training broom, Lucian made her way to the pitch, tying her feathery raven hair up quickly in order to make sure nothing obstructed her vision when she was in flight. As she entered, she straddled her broom and kicked powerfully off the ground, zipping with uncharacteristic agility over to where the two stood in the middle of the pitch. She hovered over them, being sure to watch the soaring Budger out of her peripherals.
"I hope I'm not interrupting anything." She smirked atop her broom, addressing the pair. "I just couldn't resist the opportunity for a little action."

I personally don’t care. Feel free!” Callie nodded towards the beater sticks.
Cree? Kaylee laughed.
By the way, I’d prefer Reece. Last time someone called me Cree was when I was downtown and ran into a drunk,”, Callie snorted.
She stopped. Was she being rude? She didn’t want to be rude. She gave him a teasing smile. She felt a familiar humming sensation coming near her right ear and ducked as a bludger came crashing through the air. She turned around and nearly lost her teeth as it streaked by her. It went swirling into the air and Callie sighed. Something was bugging her but she didn’t want to think about it. But she did.

Kaylee had recently been locked up in her common room refusing to come out. Callie has sent so many owls to her but she just sent them back. She just read. But Callie was used to it. Kaylee didn’t really like people, but she had had a very embarrassing moment a few days ago. It was quite hilarious, but Kaylee was going to be scarred. Callie grinned at the slow motion memory. Kaylee was mixing something in Potions, and Callie was trying to smell it. Kaylee had jerked back the brew, and spilled all of it on herself. Not only did she get colour changing skin, she also got an Acceptable. She was terrified.

But it wasn’t just that. She just wasn’t talking. And that’s when Callie found out.

Lucian floated up on her broom, ducking and weaving around the Bludgers as she was reminded of the games her and her brother would play on their brooms back at the Manor, speeding through the forest, bobbing skillfully between branches, often coming home with an assortment of lacerations they had suffered from missing a few. Her father would always shake his head disapprovingly, telling them that these "silly games were childlike and pointless", and that they should be more like Ellowyn, studying tirelessly up in her room, or like Alistair, who was out in the "real world", making relations with other wizards and witches who may benefit him in the future.
Lucian and Oberron would always just shake their heads and continue to fly when their father wasn't looking, but his disapproval had always stuck with her.
As she became lost in the thoughts of her past, Lucian's head was very nearly missed by a soaring Bludger, just barely ticking her ear enough to scare her into almost falling off her broom, tumbling down in a spiral towards the ground and picking up the nose at the last second, swopping up hurriedly towards the sky. Her heart beat quickly inside her chest, pounding so loudly she could swear everyone would hear it, and she let out a quick breath.
"Looks as though I need to keep my focus a bit sharper next time." She snickered, half talking to herself, half to the group, as they had for sure seen the embarrassing spectacle.