Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in
  Back

Cheer Squad Try-Outs  Members Only   closed 

Eri:

Reducio
While watching Tina instruct Sonya on how to do the cheer, Devina noticed another member arrive at try-outs. She watched her as she followed along with Tina. When she was finished with her routine, she walked over to her with a big grin on her face. "That was amazing if I do say so my self! I admire how quickly you caught on to the routine, and how you jumped right into it when you arrived! Great job! I hope to see you at our first meeting soon. We will discuss placement and more! See you then."

The one, The only, Devina Claire Spence, here to slay with Slytherin Pride
STRG》9 | AGL》6 | CTRL》7 | STAM》8

Vales had no clue what she was doing on the training pitch. Well, she knew what she was doing, but not why. The usually shy ravenclaw had decided to try out for the cheerleading team, and now Vales was feeling the anxiety. If she got in, Vales hoped that the team would help her become more extroverted and talkative.

She was wearing a bright blue t-shirt and black leggings, with her long black hair in a simple ponytail, swinging behind her wildly. Vales had streched earlier, doing her ballet warmups to get ready. It wasn't only for the tryouts though, her warm ups calmed Vales down and she tried to do them everyday. The ravenclaw had very little experience with cheerleading, but ballet...ballet was her forte. Hopefully, her experience in contemporary ballet would help her here.

Taking a deep breath, Vales finally looked around the training pitch, searching for someone in charge. Truthfully, Vales was just a tad excited, underneath all the fear, of course. It was her first time ever trying out for anything, and even though her heart felt like it was about to beat out of her chest, the adrenaline that was coursing through Vales's body made her feel able to do anything. She saw another ravenclaw girl perform a routine, and looked on in awe. That girl was talented!

"Hello, I'm Vales! That's the routine, right?" she asked ,finally ready to try out.

“You don't spend your life hanging around books without learning a thing or two.”

Sonya watched as Tina showed her the routine. "Great!" she said, ready to begin. It was fairly simple yet looked like it would be fun. It wasn't as complex as most dances she did were so she could pull it off. She was exited to tryout so she was glad she could now channel all her energy into it. She smiled at Tina while giving a small nod, signaling that she would begin her tryout.

She stood straight and preformed the routine with a smile the whole time. Stopping her left foot then dragging her right foot behind her left one turning in a circle. She clapped, giving a small jump into the air along with it. She then bent into a somersault and when she stood up did a high kick. The routine Tina made up was over and Sonya decided to freestyle a bit and add some more dance components. She did a quick double pirouette and leaped into the splits in the air. As she jumped she clapped, feeling good about the timing of both the split and the clap being synched just right. She decided to do more clapping as she stepped to the left and clapped and stepped to the right and clapped. She finished by going down into her right splits and raising her hands in the air.

"Thanks for watching," Sonya smiled when she was finished, "Was that ok?"

"Life is never what you plan"

Sonya and Devina:

Reducio
Tina watched in awe at Sonya's performance. She was a little disappointed at the lack of creativity in the routine, but she admired the energy. The dance at the end made up for since it showed what Sonya could do. "You're routine was pretty good, but that dance was amazing! It was very eye-catching. This is exactly what we need! What did you think, Captain?"

Vales:

Reducio
"Yes, and if you would like, you can add your own at the end," Tina says wit enthusiasm. She was curious to see what a girl from her own house could do. "Just try your best!"

Tina Addington
~Strive for Success, Kill with Kindness, Defeat and Destroy, Read and Recall

Vales gave a tiny smile, then stood up straight, wasting no time as she began. The routine was simpler than she expected, and the younger girl believed that she could do it, cleanly and well. She imagined a beat, a fast one, and did the routine to it, dragging her right foot in a circle, clapping her hands sharply, and then bent into a simple somersault, popping back up within a second. Now, time for the freestyle. Vales hadn't planned this in advance, instead feeling the imaginary beat in her head as she did a simple back walk over. She wasted no time, going into a small sprint, jumping into a graceful leap. Her legs spread apart in the air until she was doing a full on split, landing gracefully in the fourth position. Vales was almost done, but not yet. As a finishing touch, the smaller girl rose her leg in the air, higher and higher until it was above her head.

Vales stood there for a few seconds on her toes before dropping her legs down gracefully and giving a small smile, different from the one she held on her face during the audition.
"How was that?" she asked surprisingly calm. A strand of hair had become untucked during the performance, so she quickly grabbed it and tucked it back, blushing a little.

“You don't spend your life hanging around books without learning a thing or two.”

Zolderane walked down to the Training Pitch where the cheer team tryouts were being held. She had been a cheerleader since she was three years old. Zolderane had just reached level six cheerleading just before she received her Hogwarts letter. Even though she was only in her first year she knew that most older students would not have as much experience at cheer as she did. However, in her eight years of cheer, she had only ever been a flyer because she was not at all strong but she was very flexible and light so naturally she was by far the best for a flyer.

"Hello Devina and Tina I am Zolderane and I am here to try for a flyer, I have been doing cheer since I was three and have just reached level six cheerleading but no one is supposed to know because I am too young to compete at that level. I am a great flyer and tumbler but I am not strong enough to be in the base but anyway I saw the simple cheer routine when Tina did it so here it is,"

Zolderane stood in a tall straight position before stomping her left feet and quickly dragged her right feet behind her left to turn in a circle. She ended the swift movement with a clap. Without moving her feet, she moved her upper body forward. She placed her left hand on her left knee and her right hand on her right as she bent down and did a somersault. Abruptly, she returned to her tall straight position before raising her right leg and both arms above her head.

"Now I am going to perform some level six stunts for you both."

Zolderane started by leaping into an aerial and then two boys, that did not want to try out but agreed to help Zolderane came out and starting tossing her in the air while she did flips and other stunts. The two boys tossed Zolderane up in the air and she did a triple front flip before gracefully landing on the grass doing the splits with her hands up.

@Devina Spence @Tina Addington

MAY MY HEART BE KIND, MAY MY MIND BE WISE, MAY MY SOUL BE BRAVE.
Strength = 0 || Agility = 10 || Stamina = 5 || Control = 15

Sonya and Tina:

Reducio
"That was great! Don't worry about being new to cheer, Sonya. We all have to start somewhere, but it is great that you have the experience in dance. I hope to see you at our next meeting!" Devina smiled to Sonya, waving goodbye as she went to the other people trying out.

Vales:
Reducio
Devina watched as Vales completed her routine. She was small and looked perfect for flying, but there were still others that Devina had to consider. "Great job, Vales." Devina jotted down notes on her clipboard on the routine. Some we actual notes, others were just scribbles. "I don't have any particular notes for your routine. You did quite well! See you at our first meeting!"

Zolderane:
Reducio
The girl's routine was executed great, as well as the freestyle at the end. The simple routine was made into something more interesting by Zolderane. "While it is great that you are a flyer, we do have limited spots for that position, so it is not guaranteed that you will get to be one. But, I will see what I can do. Otherwise, your performance was terrific and the stunts you did we great!"

The one, The only, Devina Claire Spence, here to slay with Slytherin Pride
STRG》9 | AGL》6 | CTRL》7 | STAM》8

The thread has been locked due to inactivity. Should you wish to reopen it, you may owl me and I will happily do so.

I wanna watch the world burn
I got the gasoline
  Back