Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in
  Back

Cheer Squad Try-Outs  Members Only   closed 

Reducio
If you would like to join the Hogwarts Golden Snitches and have not already, sign up here.

Devina walked down to the Quidditch Training Pitch for try-outs for the new cheer squad. She was so excited to have the chance of creating her own squad, she could barely contain herself. Stepping outside on the training pitch, Devina could feel the warm sun shine down on her face, not a cloud in the sky. A perfect day for tryouts. 

She set her things down on the green grass - a duffle bag and water bottle. She wore a simple workout outfit so that she could move around easily. Hopefully, there would be a good group of people who showed up to try-outs.  Devina posted that tryouts would be a noon on the bulletin. Currently, it was ten minutes before noon. To be fair, Devina was really excited so she arrived early to prepare. 

Her co-captain, Tina Addington, should also be arriving soon. They would need to go over the routine prepared for those who were trying out. Sh planned for every to learn the routine, practice the routine, then perform the routine.  They would also have the choice to "freestyle" or make up their own cheer in addition to the other.

To pass the time, Devina decided to sit and stretch. 
Outfit- Basic Practice Uniform that Devina usually wears.
NOTE: Please do not post until Tina Addington (Co-captain) has. Thank you.
Last edited by Devina Spence on 19th November 2018, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

The one, The only, Devina Claire Spence, here to slay with Slytherin Pride
STRG》9 | AGL》6 | CTRL》7 | STAM》8

Tina was honored when Devina gave her the position of co-captain. She was a member of a few clubs in Hogwarts, but she had never been given a leader position. She hoped this opportunity would bring her out of her shell as she headed to the quidditch training pitch. She had put on black leggings, white canvas sneaker, and a white muscle tank top with Hogwarts written in gold sparkles at the center. She put her hair in a simple sock bun with a white headband, because she felt even a ponytail might distract her. She brought along a clipboard with her own copy of people trying out and a gray sports water bottle.

Tina had worked all night on the routine and was very proud of the cheer she had invented. It didn't have any crazy flips, so people who weren't as flexible would be able to perform the routine. She sauntered onto the field to join Devina. She greets, shyly, "Um, hi, Devina..."

"So, I came up with that simple cheer routine that you asked for." She added with a little more confidence. Tina set her things down before performing it. She stood in a tall straight position before stomping her left feet and quickly dragged her right feet behind her left to turn in a circle. She ended the swift movement with a clap. Without moving her feet, she moved her upper body forward. She placed her left hand on her left knee and her right hand on her right as she bent down and  did a somersault. Abruptly, she returned to her tall straight position before raising her right leg and both arms above her head. "What do you think? Was that too short?"

Tina Addington
~Strive for Success, Kill with Kindness, Defeat and Destroy, Read and Recall

Elena strode onto the Quidditch Training Pitch, feeling confident as hell. She was hoping to make it on to the cheer squad because of how well it played to her strengths. Parkour, flexibility, and attitude. She hoped it would be enough.

She had pulled on light grey leggings, a coral skintight tanktop, and a pair of coral sneakers. Elena had been happy to find the outfit when she was getting clothes, and was even more excited to have the opportunity to wear it.

She saw two other students, she recognised Devina from the time they had met in the common room, and knew she had started the squad, but the other girl was a mystery so far as Elena knew.

She strolled on over and smiled, "Heya, how's it going, I'm Elena, nice to meet you. I'm hoping to audition for a flyer today if that's all cool with you two. "

Elena grinned at the two girls, she was almost bouncing with excitement, she'd already joined up to all the singing and acting clubs she could find but when this club showed up she just couldn't resist. She was hoping to be part of the quidditch team to, that would be awesome.

“I’ll bet you a copper that she’ll be free in five minutes,” Janco said to Ari.
Ari grunted in amusement. “A silver on ten minutes,” he countered.
“I’ll bet you both a gold coin that she kills him,” Valek said.

Greeted by Tina, Devina smiled. "Hello, co-captain!" She jumped up from her stretching to greet Tina. She watched as Tina demonstrated the simple routine and afterward clapped with approbation. "The routine is perfect. It isn't too simple or too difficult for anyone to do. Okay, so I see you have brought a clipboard with everyone's name. Great minds think alike." Devina pulled out her own clipboard from her bag. It was gold and glittery, and clipped to it was a list of names and notes she had.

Just then she was greeted by Elena Jones. She had recognized her from the beginning of the year in the common room. "Hey, Elena! Nice to see you again." She put a check in front of Elena's name. "Yes, here you are. Elena Jones, Flyer. First Tina, my co-captain, and I would like to see a simple routine from you, then feel free to do your own thing. Whenever you are ready, just step up and try-out." Devina smiled at her and looked to Tina to teach the new-comer. She could feel herself starting to be controlling and tried to hold it back. She held her clipboard in her hand and waited for more members to show up. The clipboard was just going to be used to score and take notes on each person who would try-out. 

To try-out, perform the given routine and do an optional freestyle cheer. The freestyle is just to see more of your abilities. Thank you again for signing up! I will post my reaction after.

Elena nodded, she had seen Tina doing the routine while she was walking up to the duo and was already running through the moves to try and copy them, "I saw the one that Tina did, let me give it a go!"

Elena stood up straight and tall, stomped her left foot, quickly turned on her left foot with her right dragging behind her, clapped, then bent down and performed a somersault. She silently thanked all the tricks she used to do to get extra cash, they'd really paid off in the end.

She had spent the previous day with a book on cheerleading moves from the library and was excited to try and show off her new skills, "And, I made this us yesterday, I thought it would at least look cool."

Elena readjusted her tank top and stood back a bit, she clapped her hands, then stomped her right foot to push off for a spinning jump after she landed again she did a backflip, and raised her arms above her head before bowing to the duo. The bow wasn't planned but it was almost reflex from all of the performance she'd done in the past.

She grinned at the two girls, "What do you think?"

“I’ll bet you a copper that she’ll be free in five minutes,” Janco said to Ari.
Ari grunted in amusement. “A silver on ten minutes,” he countered.
“I’ll bet you both a gold coin that she kills him,” Valek said.

Elena:

Reducio
Devina looked at the performance in awe. She perfectly performed the given routine as well as the optional freestyle. "Well done Elena! You are a great tumbler! For now, you are going to be a flyer. If the need arises, know that your position may change. See you at our first meeting!" She wrote 'Tumbler' next to Elena's name.

Henry'd slowly shuffle onto the grounds, he was incredibly nervous and half embarrassed to be willingly going to try out to be a cheer leader at such a large and new school like Hogwarts.

As he got further on the pitch, he spotted three girls. One had just finished doing her routine and it looked as if she got on the team, if the confidence radiating from her was anything to go by. He relaxed slightly at the age of the girls, he was half expecting older students so this made him feel a little better if he were to mess up.

Henry had 6 sisters and so had been pressured into doing dance routines with them all his life. His older brother, Patrick, helped to do the lifts for his older sisters and they used the younger kids as flyers. Henry himself was a mixture, he was just there to fill in whenever they needed it. This sort of experience was hopefully enough to let him try out as, as much as he wouldn't admit it, he actually really loved doing dancing and cheerleading with his siblings.

"Uh, hello? Is this the tryouts? I'm Henry..Boys are allowed to try out, right?" He'd speak up once he got close enough, fiddling with his jumper.

You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

"Of course," Tina replies with a shy, small smile.  While Devina was busy with another girl, she walked over to the boy. She had seen him around lately and liked how he was getting involved in everything, especially in the clubs she was in. She always felt more comfortable around a familiar face. Thinking thoughtfully aloud, she adds, "I don't recall the flyers saying anything about guys not being allowed to join."

"All you have to do is perform the routine. You can add your own freestyle cheer at the end if you would like to." She showed him the routine with deliberately slow movements. She wanted him to be able to perform it with confidence and hoped she was able to make the routine seem easy. When she was finished, she decided to give her fellow Ravenclaw some free advice. "It never hurts to improvise a little. When your cheering you should follow the steps, but add your own twist to it. Instead of just stomping your right feet, stomp and twist it, so you can easily transition into a spin."

She waited patiently to see how he would perform his routine with certainty he would do very well.

Tina Addington

Henry's shoulders would physically untense from their previous stiff state. He felt a load better now that Tina at spoke to him. He felt as if he could perhaps do this routine good enough to get in, and wow would his sisters be jealous and proud of him.

After watching the routine and thinking it through a few times, he'd nod at Tina, pulling his bag off his shoulder. He was wearing a simple beige jumper that was baggy enough to allow him to move but won't get in the way, and some leggings. Giving Tina one last grateful smile, he'd move away from her to ensure he wouldn't do something stupid like kick her in the face whilst doing the routine.

Shaking some of his hair out of his eyes, he'd get into the tall, straight position. Stomping his left leg, taking the advice from Tina and turning the leg so he could move his right one in a circle around it. Smoothly, he'd transition into the somersault after clapping once before standing up again and moving into a handstand which, probably accidentally, turned into a backwards walkover and the crab shape that he always found strange. Getting himself up from that, Henry shifted to the side to have a little run up to a cartwheel where he turned to land on a hand spring before ending with a front flip. His arms went above his head as he finished, before he dropped them, thanking the years of gymnastics, dancing and cheerleading his siblings made him partake in at home.

"W-Was that okay?" He'd frown, the question open to the captain too but he looked towards Tina since she was closest.

You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

Tina:

Reducio
Tina observed Henry carefully and silently wrote down "extremely flexible" next to his name on her clipboard. Nervously, she praises, "That was rather impressive, Henry! I  uh think the best position for you would be flyer, but I have to um discuss that with the captain. I appreciate you erm taking my advice and I can't wait to see you in-in the um next meeting."

Tina Addington

Ember's outfit: Ravenclaw Cheerleading Attire
Ember felt nervous as she went towards the Quidditch Training Pitch. The question which had bothered her for the past few weeks rang in her head louder and louder. Why had she even signed up? Of course, the tryouts only decided on what position she got in the team. She would be in it anyway, so the few friends she had come to with her fears had asked her what on earth she was even worrying about.
What if she would be an utter disgrace for the team? What if she fell and broke something? 
She clenched her lips, thinking of all the afternoons she had practised for this day since she had signed up and entered the Golden Snitches cheerleading squad. She was good, right? She wouldn't hurt someone, destroy something or humiliate herself today. (Not all those things combined, either.) Ember straightened her shoulders.
A warm feeling surged through her as she saw some familiar people huddled together at the side of the pitch. The young girl immediately recognized Tina's bright hair and quickly registered Elena, a girl whom she had met in the owlery a few days before. 
"Hi", she said, smiling at the group awaiting her, her anxiety suddenly vanished. "This is the Golden Snitches tryouts, right? I'm Ember. Who's the leader here?" She felt a strong urge to start, but tried to vanquish it until she had been asked to tryout. 

Don't you dare mess with me!

Ember:
Reducio
Devina stepped up to the girl who asked for the leader. Smiling she said, "That would be me! Hi, I'm the captain, Devina." She stuck out her free hand to the girl; the other hand held the clipboard. "And you said your name was Ember..." she scanned the list of names with her pencil before finding it and drawing a small check next to it, "Right. Here you are. Okay, to try out, you will need to perform one given routine that my co-captain, Tina, will show you. Then you can do your own thing if you want." She smiled before walking away to another member.

Henry:
Reducio
Devina watched as the boy did his routine. "That was very impressive! Great job! You would make a great flyer, but for now, until we get some more members, I would like for you to try being a base. If we ever are short of a flyer though, you can stand-in for them. Thank you for trying out. See you at our first meeting soon!"

Reducio
Sonya's Outfit:

Sonya walked to the quidditch training pitch with a little spring in her step. She was both nervous and exited to try out for the cheer team. She had never done any cheering herself so she wasn't quite sure about what to expect. She had plenty of dance experience though so she was pretty confidant in whatever skills she did have. She knew that dance and cheer shared lots of components and she loved dance so she was pretty sure that she'd like cheer as well. She had stretched a bit this morning to ensure she was all warmed up.

She got up to the pitch and saw a few people there also at the audition. Some of them had seemed to have already completed their auditions. She gave a small wave to Tina, who she knew. She was glad to see a familiar face. She hoped she would get into the team to meet even more great people.

She wanted to audition, but she wasn't quite sure what she was supposed to do. She assumed a captain would tell her what she needed to do for the audition. They were occupied at the moment so she decided to sit and stretch some more to prepare. She sat down with her legs out and reached for her toes with them pointed, bended all the way over and just waited.

"Life is never what you plan"

When Tina saw Sonya, she waved back at her. When she saw Sonya sat down, she walked over to her. "Hey, Sonya! It's good to see you. If you're here for tryouts, you just have to perform the routine and maybe add your own thing to the end to show something extra you can do."

Tina performed the routine in front of Sonya even though she was getting a little tired of it. She hoped when people performed it that they added their own twist to it. It would give her a new perspective and she felt creativity should be encouraged. To her, cheerleading wasn't just about raising teammates spirits. It was grabbing attention to the game and showing people where hard work could get someone.  With a big grin, she instructs, "Don't hesitate to add your own talents to the routine. I recommend showing off the highest caliber of what you can do. However, please don't create an entirely different routine."

Tina waited with a bit of excitement to see how Sonya's tryout would turn out. She expected her to do well since she had to be good at dancing to even found and lead the Theater's Art Club.

Tina Addington

Eri was a little nervous for cheer tryouts. Truth be told she hadn't done gymnastics for a year, but she was excited to go the tryouts. Her colored hair hung loosely in a ponytail the white bottom half swayed slightly and a little bit of her matron bangs strayed from the ponytail and framed the left side of her face. Her silver eyes scanned the others on the training pitch. She was dressed in a simple white tee shirt and some black athletic pants. Her feet were clad in white running shoes and a gym bag hung from her shoulder. 

When she arrived she saw Tina do the routine they needed to do. Placing her bag on the ground Eri did the routine. Eri stood in a tall straight position, stomped her left foot and quickly dragged her right foot behind her left to turn in a circle. At the end of the spin she did a clap with her hands. Then without moving her feet she moved her upper body forward, placed her hands on her knees then went into a summersault. Then she stood up in a graceful motion lifting her right leg and both arms into the air. 

Once she was done with that she decided to do a little free style. She did a small run before launching herself into a falir which is a backflip and a one eighty after that. Then she did a front pike and did a cartwheel which turned into a backflip and then she landed did a back walk over and landed in a split.

{Dreams stay dreams until you make them reality.'}Eri Windstone. STR:10 AGI:7 CNT:5 STM:4
  Back