Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in

Interview with a Shark Pt. I  PV w/ Parce   Closed 

The dodgy little putz of a sea captain had set her off her schedule by a solid eighteen minutes. She'd known when she'd agreed to meet with the creepy, red-faced disaster of a man that she'd regret it, and sure enough, almost twenty-minutes off the mark, she was cursing the day she had ever met the wretched creature. His information on the illegal cauldron smuggling had proven about as useless as he was, himself, and had cut into the time she'd set aside for a far more important subject.

For nearly a decade and a half, Magda Fleischer had worked her way up the Prophet ladder, to lead reporter, and in those fourteen years, the untouchable, unattainable few had teased and beckoned, just out of reach of her decidedly lengthy grasp. Finally, walls were crumbling, and cogs coming loose. Someone at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry had royally screwed up. And she was going to expose the ever loving crap out of the place.

It wasn't that she was a particularly vindictive or spiteful woman... by her own standards, at least, but she was a woman who saw wisdom in opportunity, and this... this was an opportunity she couldn't pass up. never before had Magda let sleeping dogs lie, and she wasn't about to start when she had the story of her lifetime right at her fingertips...

Her first stop on the endeavor through the school grounds was the training field for Quidditch. There was always some miserable nosepicker, flying about the pitch, imagining their future as the next Victor Krum, and the energy of that ridiculous ambition was exactly what she needed to exploit.

Sure enough, there was one little upstart, loitering in the field when she arrived, and as ruby lips peeled back into a Cheshire smile, Magda approached him, hanging back a ways, as not to intimidate the boy with all five-foot-ten of her glory.

"Hello there... So sorry to interrupt. Magda Fleischer, of the Daily Prophet." For a moment, she thought of extending a hand to the boy, but considering all manner of despicable places his own could have been, she thought better of it, "I've been asked to do some interviews... Standard issue, on the new Headmaster and the latest hires, this year. Do you have a minute or two? To answer some questions? I promise, I won't take up all your free time..."

Parcel was rather enjoying his day. This was the first day he had gotten any free time at all. With all his classes, and the new prefectural duties to add on that, Parcel had seen little spare time to test out his new broom. Well, “new” might be to stretch the truth a little, it was newly produced, but the design was an old one.
Parcel was admiring his Comet 260 broom! Nothing in comparison to a Firebolt or the later Nimbus’es, but for 12-year-old Parcel a Comet 260 was the bomb! This was after all his own broom, not borrowed from the school or from his parents, this was all his, gifted to him from his parents for being made Prefect.

Wiping some sweat from his forehead, Parcel was smiling brightly at the broom lazily floating in front of him. He had been flying for a couple of hours now, but it felt like he only had been up in the air for a couple of minutes. Parcel was still wearing his school uniform, because he had classes again later today, but he had pulled of his sweater and was only wearing the black pants and his white shirt at the moment. And his shirt was sticking to his back from the sweat he had after attempting different straining maneuvers.

Parcel was just getting ready to jump on his broom again when he heard a voice approach him.
"Hello there... So sorry to interrupt. Magda Fleischer, of the Daily Prophet."
Parcel knitted his brow as he looked up at the woman that was walking towards him. Why would someone from the Daily Prophet talk to him? And in his free time of all things!
"I've been asked to do some interviews... Standard issue, on the new Headmaster and the latest hires, this year. Do you have a minute or two? To answer some questions? I promise, I won't take up all your free time..."

Parcel crossed his arms, he wasn’t particularly pleased by this woman interrupting his flying time… but then again, it probably couldn’t hurt… it was only a minute or two she said.
“I might have some spare time, if the Headmaster have given his permission that is” While Parcel himself didn’t see anything bad coming from talking to this woman, he had great respect for his grandfather, which hated the Prophet, apparently they used to have this horrible woman working there that used to spread lies about Parcel’s grandfathers job and such.

One day we'll all die, but all other days we won't
sta:3 agi:3 str:5 con:7 acp:5 acc:7 Broom: Comet 260

“I might have some spare time, if the Headmaster have given his permission that is”

Of all the insolent, irritating little...

"Of course!" Magda chimed, with a flash of a smile. Had she been younger, perhaps, she might be superstitiously crossed her fingers behind her back, but fibs didn't bother her in the slightest, now adays. Everyone lied. Even people who said they didn't were, to a degree, lying through their teeth. No one was ever perfectly honest, and really, why pretend otherwise? There was no sense in dragging things out if all the boy wanted was a simple reassurance. What did it matter if her permission had come from someone besides the Headmaster?

"Of course!" She repeated, brighter still, and with a small snap of her index finger and thumb, a bright blue quilll swam lazily from the confines of her purse, followed by a stretch of parchment. It was better to get right down to it with the mouthy ones...

"Now then... Sorry, didn't catch your name? How would you, in your own words, you feel about the appointment of Professor Blackburn as your new Headmaster? Any thoughts on the other new staff members? Does it surprise you to find how awfully young they all are? Do they seem quite capable to you? Prepared for the job at hand? Go on..."

Parcel nodded. The woman said that Professor Blackburn had given his permission, and Parcel didn’t have any reason to doubt her. It actually made him feel more at ease, Parcel didn’t want his first month as a Prefect be remembered as one where he screwed up, so he felt it was a vise choice to ask if she had permission.

Taken a bit by surprise as a quill shoot out from her handbag, Parcel had to start answering her questions.
“My name’s Parcel…” Parcel almost let it be with that, but remembered himself and continued “Paracelsus Adger Myth, but yeah, anything is fine” He wasn’t particularly fan of going by his full name, Paracelsus was such a long and terrible name, but he always felt like he had to introduce himself with his full name to adults.

Scratching the scar on his chin, Parcel looked thoughtfully down on his broom as he started answering the actual questions.

“Professor Blackburn? Oh, he’s great, isn’t he? I don’t see him out and about much, except for meals and such, but I’m just a student after all so I wouldn’t have to much reason for seeing him anyways” Parcel chuckled a bit, if he had to see the headmaster then it wouldn’t be for anything good anyways, so Parcel was glad he hadn’t had any contact with the man “Well, I like the staff, I got to go on an adventure with the new Runes professor, which was great! Even though it’s a year until I can take her class, and the flying professor is all cool and stuff, the History professor is a bit of a dork and the potions professor is an elf! A real elf! Well, a really pompous elf at least, but he’s really good with potions. They do seem really capable! All of them actually, its kind of cool, I have heard some of the older students say that one or two of them have been aurors or curse-breakers and such! That’s awesome, I want to be an adventurer you see, so being taught by people that have been on real adventures are awesome.”
Parcel nodded eagerly as he talked
“They all are really engaged in their work too, taking the students on outings sometimes and all! Hmm, age? I haven’t really thought about it, but what does age have to do with anything, didn’t Harry Potter battle Voldemort in his first school year?! Then age shouldn’t really matter for a teacher, right? You probably wouldn’t like it if someone didn’t give you credit as a writer if you had been young?”

One day we'll all die, but all other days we won't
sta:3 agi:3 str:5 con:7 acp:5 acc:7 Broom: Comet 260