Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in
  Back

Leap of Faith  PV Kent Gresham   Finished 

Emma had always enjoyed a long flight on her broom, whether if it had been rented or not. She couldn't think of anything better than the charge of air whipping against your face as you plummet towards the ground, deliberately. The infinite quantity of tricks you could do, a new ability was always anticipating to be discovered. What broom could have been better?

She hiked up to the broom tower, one foot after another, her school robes swishing underneath her. She'd do anything for a chance to be seen in those blue Quidditch robes. As she reached the top, the light air brushing against her fragile cheeks. She reached out for the seventh broom, it was her favorite, though they were all the same. Though instead of flying the broom off the top, she ran down the stairs, the broom still clutched to her hand.

Grass underneath her shoes crunched pleasantly, certainly, the Quidditch referee had left some spare equipment. Quaffles, snitches, and bludgers. All she wanted to do was get her hand on a quaffle to fly around the pitch with it, just to get a feel for it.

What if someone wants to fly with me? She thought to herself walking around the training pitch, her head boggling in every direction, looking for someone to have a flight with. She preferred boys over girls, they were always more violent, and generally, they didn't mind breaking a rule every so often, well, as long as she didn't get hurt whatsoever, she was fine.
Last edited by Emma Hill on 2nd September 2018, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
"When nothing goes right, go left."
Poison Resistance || Binding Mark || Prodigal Transfig. Learner

A tall lad watched from the edge of the pitch, arms crossed, as he leaned against one of the wooden beams of the fence. Since arriving at Hogwarts, Kent had been trying to get a glimpse of what Quidditch even was, because it seemed to be the only sports option available to him now that he was considered a Wizard. But he guessed since it was early year there wasn't much going on with sports just yet.

I wonder what she's doing?

On the field, a lone girl walked with a broom. It made Kent curious. So he decided he'd just go and ask what was going on, and hoped she knew something about Quidditch and could answer some questions. The tall boy also noticed the chest in the middle of the grassy area, figuring it was probably some kind of supply chest for the sport. It didn't matter, not yet.

"Hey, how are you?" Kent called as he jogged over. "Name's Kent. I saw you with the broom and remember being told Quidditch uses flying brooms... is that what you're doing? About to practice or something?"

When he got close, Kent stopped and crossed his arms. He wore the student uniform, without the robes, electing just to wear the shoes, pants, shirt, tie and sweater. The colors were yellow, making it obvious he was Hufflepuff. Now that he was closer, Kent had to admit he hadn't expected the girl to be cute, but she was.

Cute and into sports? Rocking.

"Hope I don't sound like a complete moron, but I was wondering if you could explain Quidditch to me?" Kent asked, screwing his face up in mild embarrassment. "I'm Muggle-born, so that means I don't know crap about anything."

Kent was pleased though because now he might actually have a chance to learn about the sport he wanted to become a professional in!

Kent Barnabas Gresham - Strength: 12 | Agility: 5 | Control: 5 | Stamina: 8

The odds of discovering a partner were extremely slim, there were several people inside of the pitch, though not enough to establish a genuine match. She found it strange that the training pitch had been the slightly smaller. After all, ordinarily more than a dozen people trained there daily, why couldn't it be bigger?

The brunette looked in every direction until she spotted a boy in yellow robes, presumably from Hufflepuff. Perfect. She hadn't met too many people from rivaling houses, but she was extremely excited to get meet them, despite her competitive morale. As he approached her, she was more than satisfied with his physical appearance.

A guy, yes. That sounded strange... 
"Name's Kent. I saw you with the broom and remember being told Quidditch uses flying brooms... is that what you're doing? About to practice or something?"
"Emma," she said holding out a hand. Usually, she didn't introduce herself as she should have. Her name was rather tedious and insignificant, well, that is what she had assumed anyway. "Mhm," she said nodding, "did you want to join?" 

She admittedly regretted asking at once. He knew nothing about Quidditch, though she didn't blame him, after all, he was Muggle-born. Where to begin? There were so many things to think about from the positions to fouling.

"Well, uhm. Quidditch is the sport played by witches and wizards, it's been played for almost a millennium, but history's nothing." She had figured the history of Quidditch hadn't been as exciting as the sport itself. Sure it would have been cool to know how the most famous Quidditch teams got their names, but it could never surpass the flight of the golden snitch. 

"Anyway, there are four positions; Chaser, Beater, Seeker, and Keeper. Chasers get in on the action pretty much, they carry a quaffle as they fly around trying to score or throw it into the three hoops guarded by the keeper." Emma paused for a moment. Mostly because she felt she had been talking too much, but also to gather a thought.

"To sum it up, beaters hit bludgers, a very hard ball by the way, to the opposing team. Seekers find the golden snitch and try to capture it inside of their hands to score one-hundred and fifty points for their team. Think of the snitch like a bothersome fly, and that covers the basics," she said wrapping the topic, hopefully. Yet somehow she had managed to talk even more. 

"Sorry, I'm blabbing..."  The Ravenclaw said, letting out a snicker as the ends of her mouth turned up into a smile.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

"Good to meet you."

Kent smiled, looking at the brunette in the blue robes, shaking her hand. He tried to think back to the House she was part of, something to do with Ravens, and drew a blank on what they were known for. The Hufflepuff knew green was for snakes that was for sneaky, red was for lions who were meant to be brave, yellow was for badgers, somehow, which was meant for loyalty... which left smarts for the blues?

Yeah, sneaky, loyalty, brave and smarts. Has to be the Ravenclaws, Kent thought. Well, at least I know she's ideal for explaining a sport to me!

"Yeah, sure," Kent said when asked to join, even though he had little idea of what to actually do. "I don't know much, but I've grown up with sports all my life, so I get the hang of them quick."

Kent listened as the basic rundown was given. He noted the positions and applied them to similar roles in Muggle sports, based on the information. Some of it aligned with gridiron, some with football, as well as a few other sports in there, too. Since Quidditch was almost a thousand years old, Kent guessed a lot of Muggle sports were probably were based on various elements. That made things a lot easier!

"Right, okay, chasers as the scorers," Kent nodded, looking over to the goal rings as indicated by Emma. "And the beaters are kind of... guards, I guess, who hit away hard balls? And the keeper is obvious, and the seeker chases another ball... so there's three types of balls."

Not exactly straightforward, but since arriving at Hogwarts, Kent had found he had had to keep his mind open for just about everything. So while he wrapped his head around what was being said, he continued to listen to the summary.

"Okay, so a fly worth a heap of points. Got it."

Looking up at the rest of the pitch, Kent saw the field had lines and markers and the usual things most sports did. He supposed the real difference was flying on brooms, and guessed that with the height of the rings, the game took place higher up. So that probably meant no need to bounce balls, like in basketball, which meant it seemed even more like gridiron.

Perfect!

"I've only just started flying stuff, but I have good balance," Kent said, looking back to Emma and giving her a grin. "Should I go get a broom? Maybe you can set up some balls and show me which one's which when I get back?"

Now excited, and finding the idea of a pretty girl being into sports appealing, Kent jogged to the supply tower entrance that Emma had come from with her broom. He disappeared inside, taking the steps three at a time, until he reached the top. The area had brooms everywhere on racks, waiting for someone to use them. He went along the row, before finding one that looked good (he guessed) and snatched it up. The descent from the top was just as quick, and before long Kent was jogging back to Emma.

"Alright, got a broom, how's the balls coming? I'll be honest, the beater position sounded right up my alley..."

Emma beamed, he also loved sports. Judging from what he said, he happened to be a quick learner. She had been surprised she hadn't talked a lot, she generally did when talking about the things she loved, and sports happened to be one of them. Soccer, volleyball, baseball, and definitely Quidditch. Quidditch had to be at the top of the list, well, second. 

She nodded as he recalled the small list of details she had given him. It felt a bit weird to call the snitch a fly, but she went with it, giving time to let the name sink in. On her first flying lesson, she knew it was what she wanted to do.

Undoubtedly, she could have played any position she wanted, but she enjoyed playing as a chaser. All the position received the same rush of air, well not the keeper, but chasers rush across the field as if it were nothing. 

The brunette set down her broom for once on the ground and watched as the Hufflepuff jogged up into the tower. Wait, I need to get the equipment...  She thought, almost startling herself with the thought. She gave the tower one last look before looking around for the equipment.

As Kent jogged up to the broom tower, she loped towards the supply closet. Grabbing a wooden trunk filled with the three Quidditch equipment balls. The trunk rattled dangerously as she pushed it against the pitch's grass. Why can't someone charm these trunks to make them lighter? She thought to herself, pushing with her legs. 

Kent was fast, there was no doubt about it.  He had been there before she had gotten a chance to bring the trunk near. As she pushed the trunk of equipment near him she stood up straight and gestured to the crate. "Not as light as it looks, but here they are,"

Emma turned to the trunk to open it. "That's a bludger, weighs around 45 kilograms I think... You'll be using them during games, and the Quaffle, it's the red one. It's of course not as heavy." It still rattled ominously as she took a step in front of it. As she opened the trunk it shook back and forth as if an animal had been inside. She pressed the buttons to release both the bludgers and as the chains collapsed, the grey ball escaped out and hovered fifty feet in the air. Like always, the blow had agitated her slightly, well, it was enough to make her jump.

Thankfully, the Quaffle hadn't been in chains, it was a good sign. She released it and held it in her hand, returning her gaze back to Kent. "Ready?" She smiled.
Reducio
45 kilograms = 100 pounds

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Emma explained some more about the items in the crate, which raised Kent's interest. Especially how it seemed to bounce and rattle making the boy wonder what was going to happen. From the sound of it, the balls were obviously magic, and Kent looked at the crate curiously wondering what kind of magic would shoot out when it was opened. When Emma unclasped the trunk and released the two heavy balls, the bludgers, the tall boy watched as they launched into the air following the warning about weight from the girl. Staring at the metallic looking bludgers floating overhead, Kent frowned.

"Am... am I meant to hit them with my fist?" He asked concerned, with a look to Emma. "I mean, if they're as heavy as you said, and they look like metal, it's going to break my arm?"

Still, if she said this was how it was played, who was he to disagree?

Kent stepped onto his broom, one leg over, and sat on the floating object. It felt really weird and surreal being on a literal flying broom, just like in the stories about witches and stuff. And then even weirder to combine that with an actual sport made by magic users, which had similar elements to existing sports most Muggles grew up with and enjoyed.

Alright let's do this!

With one final glance to the heavy metallic balls hovering ominously above, Kent let out a exhale and prepared to start training in Quidditch. He guessed the idea would be to cover Emma as she tried to throw the red ball through the rings.

Hopefully I don't shatter my arms...

Emma was ecstatic to start practicing right away, possibly so much she had forgotten one of the most important weapons in a beater's arsenal. You couldn't possibly play the position without having a bat. She laughed at the thought of the position playing without a bat. She looked around for a beater's magical stripped bat, but long before then Kent had already mounted his broom.

Oh crap, no, no, no... 

She threw a leg over her broom and pushed off the ground just as she had been told during the flying lesson. Instead of flying up, she flew across the pitch looking for the stripped bat before Kent could get the chance to crack a bone. She threw a few nervous glances up at the grey iron bludgers before looking back at the Hufflepuff.

Her broom flew round and round, in search of a bat. She leaned forward until her stomach touched the handle, the training pitch wasn't that big, but still no luck. She flew back to the quaffle, still looking at the trunk as she eased her way off the handle. Her feet hit the ground jogging as she dropped the broom to the side.

Not only did she picked up the Quaffle,  she ripped through the trunks looking for any form of a drawer that could have been hidden. Checking the front, the pulled a stripped bat out its compartment and trotted back to her broom, mounting it once more with the bat in her hand.

Up, and up the broom flew till she came upon Kent. "One last piece of important information," she said slightly louder now that they were in the air. She tossed the bat to the Hufflepuff, testing his agility and reflexes. "You're going to need that to hit the bludger, don't try to hit it hit your hand," she laughed, keeping one hand on the broom.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Kent paused, as Emma suddenly took off on her broom, after a laugh and a realization of something. Not really being in the know, the Hufflepuff floated on the broom, watching the other student zoom around the area. Emma was awesome with flying, and Kent watched her move around with apparent ease, his mouth gaping open. She was like a leaf on the wind, and the Hufflepuff had to admit he was a little jealous of how good she was...

With practice, I guess, Kent thought to himself, scratching his chin as he continued to watch. Maybe Emma can give me a few tips on flying, too?

Meanwhile, the floating quaffle and bludgers remained in place, over the top of the field. Kent kept an eye on them, also, just to make sure the magical sports equipment didn't try anything sneaky. Last thing the boy wanted was to be smacked with a metallic ball. And with a glance back to Emma, Kent noticed she was back on the ground, searching through the trunk where the objects had come from previously.

"Maybe there's one in the tower?" Kent said, and was about to suggest he could try looking, but Emma found what she was after. "Oh, no worries. Brilliant."

The bat-shaped item came toward Kent, and he reached out to catch it easily enough. He wasn't new to sports and had played gridiron for many years for Muggle teams. The striped bat was like a smaller baseball bat, one handed, and was a thick wood that seemed tougher than it should have been, but that could have been Kent's imagination. Emma shouted out, laughing, which made Kent smile as well.

"Alright, you got it," Kent said as he swung the bat a few times, getting a feel for the weight. "When do we start? Oh, and just to double check, I keep the bludgers off you, right?"

The Hufflepuff looked back to the bludgers, as he brought his broom toward Emma's, trying to keep pace somewhat. And while he was a little shaky, one hand gripping the broom handle with white knuckles, Kent's balance was good and his initial flying lessons had been well received...

Not only had Emma been fascinated by Kent rapid reflexes, but his balance on the broom had been amazing. In her first lesson, she had managed to break almost every bone in her upper arm, but that was one small price to pay for playing Quidditch. She had managed to flip herself over into a sloth position the very first time she had been introduced to a broom, it wasn't very long ago. More like her very her introductory lesson.

It took practice. Lots and lots of tedious, but well required, practice, perseverance, and simply just looking at flyers but she was more of a hands-on learner. 

After tossing the bat, she placed her hand back on the handle of the broomstick stabilizing herself once more. She wasn't going to make a fool out of herself, again, though she snickered at the thought of being upside on her broom. It was rather hard keeping herself in one spot, she just couldn't seem to keep her body still. Even the smallest movements triggered her broom and the occasional shaking of her legs didn't make it any better.

Thoughts ran through her head: previous memories, goals, and most importantly, strategies. It seemed weird, but she wanted to know what getting hit with a bludger felt like... well not in the head of course. It was a different story when she put it into perspective. 

It'd be like taking a punch to the stomach by three people at the same time... She thought to herself. The voice inside of her shook, making her the most nervous she had ever been. She'd have to get used to it if she actually wanted to play on the actual team. Still mentally, she nodded to herself bracing herself for the punch of a lifetime.

"Actually... try to hit me, I think it'll be good practice." The brunette said finding the courage to allow herself as bait, concealing her wobbly figure on top of the broom. "We can start now if you'd like, judging from it, you already know how to ride a broom well." She smiled looking from Kent to the silver bludgers.
Reducio
How to calculate your strike:                                                                   
Roll: 20-Sided Dice + Accuracy Stats (Modifier)
How to calculate evasion:
Roll: 20-Sided Dice + Agility Stats (Modifier)
Calculating Damage Done:
Roll: 20-Sided Dice × Strength Stats (Modifier) × 5
If the strike is greater than the evasion, the hit is genuine. When the evasion is greater than the strike, the hit misses. I'll post my roll below so that you'll know if it hits or misses.
-Hope it makes sense-  :sweatingbullets:

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

"Alright, if you say so," Kent muttered, still not liking the idea of sending the balls at Emma. But, it was her decision, if she wanted to dodge so be it. "Just let me know if things get too hectic, and we can pause or something, right?"

Oh shite, here we go...

As Kent flew - flew!? - higher on his broom, he couldn't help but feel a little more nervous. This would be his first real experience with the whole Quidditch thing and he wasn't sure how he felt about hitting the bludgers at Emma. It wasn't that he cared about sending the balls at anyone in a match, it was more he felt that she was helping him at the moment and that made him feel awkward about trying to knock her out.

"Ready?" Kent asked, as one of the bludgers began to move, soaring away and around in a long arc to gain speed. "I don't think we have much choice at this point!"

The second bludger remained floating, possibly a practice setting to avoid too much danger, as the first one sailed toward Kent. He didn't know how it worked, but he guessed it might have had something to do with holding the bat? Who knew. Either way, the metallic ball rocketed toward the Hufflepuff, and he braced on the broom as best he could, using his knees and one hand to grip tightly... and as the ball got within meters of him, Kent swung the bat--

*Crack!*

Kent smashed the bludger with all his strength, the bat in his hand vibrating from the hit, and watched as the ball went zooming in Emma's direction. Unfortunately it was a really accurate hit and it would take some great dodging to avoid.

"Incoming, watch out!" Kent called, brows knitted in concern at the speed of the ball headed to the girl. "I hit it too hard!"

But even as Kent watched, mentally crossing his fingers that he didn't knock out the pretty girl, the second bludger began moving. It also began heading toward him, possibly seeking out the bat for training, and Kent gritted his teeth as he barely managed to dodge in an attempt to give Emma a chance to avoid the first projectile and prepare for the second ball...

This is insane! And I kind of like it...

Reducio
Hit 1
Roll(1d20)+5:
17,+5
Total:22
Damage
Roll(1d20):
Total:19 x 9 x 5 = 855
Evade
Roll(1d20)+3:
11,+3
Total:14

Sure Emma had a passion for Quidditch, but she had never generally played the game before. It was more of a burning desire of hers to play in a school game or a game in general. Certainly, the broom had done most of the work but had that been good enough to merely miss a rocketing iron ball? The game was brutal indeed.

The bludger had been a few meters in front of the brunette before she actually decided to make a choice, what stopped her, she had no clue. By the look of the hit, it was perfect. The iron ball seemed to travel meters by the second, well, dozens of meters. This guy was unquestionably Hufflepuff Quidditch team material. 

As if the bludger hadn't been close enough, she felt herself being spun around once before regaining her balance. Looking back from the tail of her broomstick to Kent, she smiled, but she didn't know whether to call it a mischievous or happy smile, it was undoubtedly a mix between both. "Are you trying to kill me?" She laughed, the leather Quaffle still inside of her arm. 

Guess it's my turn, she thought to herself, glancing back at the broom one last time.  Flying with a broom was torture, but it was fairly easy to adjust after the first few seconds. After all, a few hairs never really hurt anyone... hopefully. Several times she did drop a foot or two at once, but naturally, she allowed her stomach to plummet along with it. It was oddly satisfying, almost like a roller coaster. She would have rather taken the bludger.
ACTION: Wait to score Quaffle and scout out bludgers
Reducio
Evade:
Roll(1d20)+5:
17,+5
Control:

Roll(1d20)+4:

3,+4

Total:7

AC Check:
Roll(1d20)+10:
14,+10
Total:24
24-7= 17
17 = Medium/Hard

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Emma dodged. Kent breathed a sigh of relief. The last thing he wanted was to be responsible for injuring another student unintentionally. When she called back, it was all the boy could do to keep from acting surprised and to keep his grip on the broom without using his hands to emphasize his response.

"W-what? Hell no!" Kent called, noticing the smile from Emma and grunting with his own smirk. "I kind of have an idea of how hard to hit it now, so you do your thing, and I'll keep the bludgers coming..."

Kent looked down to the bat in his right hand, as he flipped it and caught the handle again, getting a feel for weight of the sports gear. Surprisingly well-balanced, short enough to allow quick hits in small proximity, and hard enough to withstand a metal ball impacting on it at a hundred miles an hour. Kent could only imagine how interesting baseball would be with similar bats, the sheer amount of home runs would be off the scale.

Still if the Hufflepuff wanted to get better at playing Quidditch, he had to begin training properly. That meant swinging the bat while moving on the broom. It was all too easy to remain still and get a solid hit, so now it came down to following Emma and giving her a chance to get some decent training in, too.

"Alright, let's do this."

The first bludger had circled around by this point, and was coming back at Kent again for another pass. Flying the broom as best he could, the tall boy swung the bat, and connected with another solid crack of metal on wood. This time the hit wasn't as accurate, but it still sailed in Emma's general direction. Meanwhile, Kent tried to keep hold of the broom, compensating for the swinging he was doing, while moving through the air... and surprisingly, he kept his balance almost perfectly, which was reassuring considering how high the pair were getting above the grass below.

"You going to hold that all day, or actually try to score?"

Kent smirked as he called out, just as the second bludger soared in from his left. He twisted on the broom, teeth gritted, as he swung and tried to hit the second ball. It hit with another solid crack, but this time wasn't near as accurate, instead sailing in a very broad direction toward Emma. Though Kent managed to keep his balance perfectly, despite turning on the broom to make the hit from his opposite side, which the lad chalked up to a combination of luck and sports background.

Let's see what she can do.

Reducio
Hit 1
Roll(1d20)+5:
10,+5
Total:15

Control
Roll(1d20)+3:
15,+3
Total:18
Hit 2
Roll(1d20)+5:
5,+5
Total:10

Control
Roll(1d20)+3:
18,+3
Total:21
Damage
Hit 1: Roll 10 x 9 x 5 = 450
Hit 2: Roll 13 x 9 x 5 = 585

Getting into each other's heads now, are we? Emma thought to herself smirking, this time it was mischevious. She was a dirty player, well at least when she was playing by the rules. There was no problem with taunting other players, even if it gave them something to think about. This was going to be fun. Remarkably fun.

"Just try to aim for me, pretty boy." Her smirk grew into a smile, she began to fly towards the hoops with the Quaffle inside of her left arm. The first bludger came for her, it seemed to fly for her winded up bouncing off her gut, a direct hit. The wind had been knocked out her, and she let out a grunt, but still she could move on. She wasn't done talking, nothing could take that away from the brunette, it was apart of her.

She pushed forward despite the injured broom's plead to stop. She didn't want to stop, even if it put her life in danger, nothing wizards weren't familiar with. Maybe she was like her dad, after all, daring. As if her flight hadn't been injured at all, the glance of a bludger had indeed taken her by shock. She could go without the bludgers in Quidditch.

Still continuing, the Ravenclaw began to charge for the goals the red Quaffle slowly coming in contact with her right hand. Effortlessly dodging the second bludger, she bought her hand to the leather ball and threw it into the left hoop. If they had a keeper it would have been way harder, but dodgeball was an amazing way to exercise her accuracy.

"If I could use both my hands I'd be clapping," she snickered, then finally spoke in her natural tone. "Nice first shot!"
Reducio
Evade(#1):
Roll(1d20)+5:
2,+5
Total:7

Evade(#2):
Roll(1d20)+5:
18,+5
Total:23

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Kent winced as Emma took a solid hit to the stomach, but also nodded to himself in surprise at how she continued afterward, pushing through the bludger impact to deliver a snippy comment. The boy smirked and shrugged, watching as the quaffle was thrown through the ring and a goal scored. Kent couldn't help but notice that the broom Emma was on seemed a little worse for wear, from one of the previous hits, and was about to suggest a change over until she called back a retort.

"Oh right, yeah," Kent called out as he gave a mock salute with the bat hand, his tone matching Emma's own, except for the last part. "Go on and try clapping, it would be really amusing. And thanks, so far I'm liking this!"

Kent maneuvered on his broom as the bludgers circled around, dodging the heavy metallic objects with some wobbles, but otherwise avoiding being hit. He wanted to give the girl time to retrieve the quaffle before sending more bludgers in her direction. For his first attempt at Quidditch, Kent thought he wasn't doing too bad, and if it was this easy in a match he would be set to become a professional in no time!

"Nice goal, by the way!" Called the Hufflepuff, as he kept a weary eye on the flying bludgers. "So you got a point? Or are the rings worth different points because there's three of them?"

By that time, Kent hoped Emma had got the quaffle and was ready again, because the bludgers were zooming toward the boy again. Focused on the metallic balls, Kent brought the broom around and swung at the first, hitting it with a solid crack and keeping his balance and grip on the broom effortlessly. But like last time, the second hit was a little worse and unsteady, and the second projectile sailed toward Emma's general direction, unlike the first that shot right at her...

"Heads up!"

Reducio
Dodge 1
Roll(1d20)+3:
14,+3
Total:17

Dodge 2
Roll(1d20)+3:
12,+3
Hit 1
Roll(1d20)+5:
17,+5

Control
Roll(1d20)+3:
20,+3
Total:23
Hit 2
Roll(1d20)+5:
8,+5
Total:13

Control
Roll(1d20)+3:
10,+3
Total:13
Damage
Hit 1: Roll 12 x 9 x 5 = 540
Hit 2: Roll 10 x 9 x 5 = 450

Emma snickered audibly at Kent's remark as she continued to steady her unbalanced broom, she'd be having to find a new school broom afterwards, well, a new favorite. She steered her broom to the ground to reclaim the leather Quaffle from the small piece of terrain. She wasn't the one to show off, well, not in her broom's conditions. Carefully, she hovered over her landing spot before feeling her feet hit the ground once more.

The Ravenclaw jogged over to the Quaffle and picked it up using both her hands. It appeared rather strange to jog with both your hands latched on to something, not to mention the reoccurring pulse in her abdomen. Finally shifting the light ball to her left arm, she mounted her broom and pushed off the ground, nearly missing the yellow hoop as she flew. There she was greeted by a question.

"Ten points for each Quaffle successfully... goal-ed? Well, ten points if the keeper doesn't catch it and it goes through the hoops." The girl gestured to each of the three hoops with her broom handle instead of using a hand considering her left arm held the leather ball and her right arm kept the broom steady. 

Flying low, about fifteen feet high, her head continued to bob back and forth looking for those grey iron bludgers. Even that wasn't enough to avoid the iron balls. Her offensive tactic was distracted by a searing pain that went through her right shoulder blade. Thankfully, this one didn't wind up in her stomach, but it sure was close. She found herself losing balance, and shortly being flipped off her broom, if the bludger hadn't done its job of breaking a bone, the fall surely did. Still, she signaled upwards with a thumbs up, still optimistic about the sport.

"I'm good!" So much for having fun, and it was starting to get fun. She frowned slightly.
Reducio
Evade 1:
Roll(1d20)+5:
10,+5

Evade 2:
Roll(1d20)+5:
10,+5

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~