Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in

Abstinence, Not Fear  Closed 

The girl crossed the grounds and joggd towards the quidditch pitch. Being cooped up in her dormitory made her bored and restless and she had visited the library too many times to count. The girl decided to go to the quidditch pitch too practice her beatingEven though she had the brawn's, the girl still needed to work on her accuracy.

The last semester, Aurelia had organised a pick up quidditch match. It had ended on the wrong note as a Ravenclaw seeker was sent propelling to the ground when she lost control of the broom and had to be sent to the hospital wing. Aurelia also figured out that the reason she failed to hit almost anyone was due to her poor accuracy, which had miraculously improved through the weeks. She yearned to play another game and test out her now better skills.

Then a couple more students filled the pitch. They were talking about starting a game of quidditch. Usually, Aurelia would approach them to ask if she could join, but instead aslight frown appeared on her features.

The last time she had returned home was a couple weeks ago due to some family matters that had to be settled. During that period, her mother had found out that her daughter, the heir to the Schütte Lineage, had been playing Quidditch. Aurelia had gotten a earful fromthe woman and a half an hour long lecture. Her mother had explained that Schütte woman should not engage in such sports which where considered masculine and wasn't modest. Out of respect, Aurelia had reluctantly agreed to abstain from riding a broom.

The girl sighed as she started towards the stands, she knew how dangerous flying bludgers were and she didn't want to be down on he field when they were having a game. She climbed up the flight of stairs until she was greeted by the breezy wind at the top. She plopped herself on one of the seats. Her mother said nothing about watching Quidditch, so she didn't see the problem.
Aurelia is all the way up in the stands. You would be able to see her from below but would have to climb the steps to reach her.
Last edited by Aurelia Bezuidenhout on 27th July 2018, 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Emmaline magnetically walked to the training pitch, her backpack sluggishly shaking on her shoulder. She had almost no experience in her current position, but she had been trying to round herself out. Emma loved sports, there was no doubt about it, but she also overthought the simplest things. What if she had chosen the wrong goal and the opposing keeper saved it, or worse, merely knocked it to the ground. She drowned out the thought. 

What if she could make a decent beater, after all, she was pretty accurate, yet her strength was a mere average. 

She had no control of her hands, and she wasn't the fastest, but wouldn't the brooms be doing all the speed? She beamed, all she had to do was work on -- my grip... Not only had she spent half an hour a day thrusting Quaffles into her arms, but sometimes her hands had been simply too slow and it ended up taking a blow to the stomach. 

The brunette walked in and threw her bag down against the wall. She spotted few she knew, but most she didn't, though she wasn't going to attempt to greet them. She picked up a Quaffle and tossed it up absentmindedly above her head, fumbling it three out of ten, it simply wouldn't do. She had known a 70% chance rate wasn't good from various board games.

"Want to play a game of Quidditch?" Emma asked a few letting the leather ball fall down to her right. It was the least she could do in order to perfect her skills. As if it were a soccer ball, she began rolling it with the base of her foot, she didn't see the true purpose of this exercise. It was more of a calming exercise to soothe her nerves.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~
"When nothing goes right, go left."
Poison Resistance || Binding Mark || Prodigal Transfig. Learner

Morgan's eyes wandered around. Looking at the Quidditch Pitch, her mouth opened slightly, a little shocked at its size. It wasn't her first time seeing the pitch itself, but she still was amazed that the school grounds could be so large that there was still loads of space when it contained the Quidditch Stadium and the Training pitch she was standing on. Morgan liked Quidditch, not so much that she'd invest all her savings to get a couple tickets to see the match, but she had been to several Quidditch leagues before, including one time when she was able to see the European Cup with her own eyes.
Playing Quidditch, however, was a totally different thing. Morgan had tried out a few games, and although the games were fun to play and taking on different roles weren't too bad, she could never forget that nasty bludger which flew straight to her face. Morgan shuddered, touching her nose as an instinct; she always wondered why those were used during the games. Perhaps I just need more training, she would think to herself. Maybe she wasn't athletic enough to appreciate the fun a bludger could bring as well. Perhaps one more game would make a difference. She began looking around to see if one was interested in playing with her.
Morgan quickly spotted a brown-haired girl playing with a Quaffle, tossing it a few times above her head. How does one do that in a row? She wondered. Was everybody able to do that? Was she too lame not being able to do a simple exercise? Morgan let out a deep breath, blocking out the worries in her head.
"Want to play a game of Quidditch?" The girl called out to Morgan and those around her. Morgan stared at the Quaffle which was now being rolled constantly by the foot.
"Sure," Morgan replied. "What position would you play? I'd be up for anything." As she came closer to the girl, she noticed she had seen her a few times walking through the common room. Emma, a 2nd year Ravenclaw, she remembered. "Well, anything except for a beater, I don't think I have enough strength to swing the bat correctly." Plus, I'm too terrified even to stare at that devilish ball, Morgan thought.

And that's what I thought; but a talking snake made a lady eat an apple so we're screwed
STA: 5| AGL: 5| STR: 1| CTL: 7| AP: 7| ACC: 5

Since first arriving at Hogwarts, Evie had spent a lot of time getting more and more acquainted with Quidditch. Riding a broom for the first time was a life changing experience already. The fact that there was already a sport for it was even better. She was even hoping to make tryouts for the Quidditch team next time around. She wasn't the strongest girl around, so being a Beater was right out. But she felt she wouldn't like that position anyway.

She always fancied herself to be a Chaser, or maybe even a Seeker. She loved going fast, bobbing and weaving on a broom. She felt like both of those positions could give her that chance. Especially being a Seeker, but there was only one of those on the field, so she felt like her chances there were never great. Surely there was someone who was much better than her. But a Chaser was also a fantastic position.

In her free time, sometimes Evelyn would make her way down to the Quidditch Pitch. Do some homework, check what kinds of plays the actual teams of the school made, that kind of thing. A lot of the kids here weren't Muggle Born, and a lot of them probably watched Quidditch already, so she had some catching up to do.

Evelyn glanced up as a Ravenclaw girl called to nobody in particular - just the group of people she found herself to be in - and asked if anyone wanted to play a pickup game. Another Ravenclaw approached her, and it was looking like there was going to be a game. Sometimes she was still upset she wasn't sorted into Ravenclaw, but over time Evie was learning to love Gryffindor. It's not like her grades have suffered, she held her own more than fine. Smiling, Evie stood up and walked over to the two of them.

"I'm game," she smiled, looking over at the younger girl as she talked about not wanting to play a beater. "Yea, I wouldn't be great there either. I can play Chaser. Or Seeker, but I can work with both." The young Gryffindor looked between the other kids who were interested in playing and pursed her lips. They needed more players to make this work.

"I don't think we have enough people. Especially not if the older Ravenclaw didn't want to play a beater either.

She turned around, scanning for anybody who might be willing to play in the stands. But then she spotted Aurelia. Evie knew for a fact that she liked Quidditch, coming to the Quidditch Pitch was literally the first thing the two of them did together. Well, after cutting class. But hey, she was here again, right?

She turned around, gesturing up. "I see a classmate of mine up in the stands, do you guys want to ask her?"

Evelyn Rowe
Stamina: 4 Agility: 6 Strength: 2 Control: 7 Arcane Power: 6 Accuracy: 5

"I can play either Chaser or Beater, the choice is yours really, but you're right. We don't exactly have enough people to organize a match. You need six people don't you?" Emma told the two who had joined her in the Quidditch Pitch. She had stopped rolling around the Quaffle with her foot, instead, she was now paying attention to both her dormmate and the Gryffindor.
"I see a classmate of mine up in the stands, do you guys want to ask her?"
Emmaline looked up into the stands, she had been the medium-sized hair before, and she hadn't enjoyed the view. The two hadn't generally gotten along after being involved in a verbal fight. The two had unfortunately been paired in a game of Werewolf. Generally, she would have mocked her for being a coward, but she wasn't going to start a conflict. Not yet. 

The brunette held back her scowl and nodded, after all, they did need more members to join in on the game. Despite everything the two had been through, she mentally rolled her eyes. "Yeah, after all, we could use a few more players, I don't see why not." She gestured up to the stands, she wasn't going to be the one to speak to her first. She trudged up the stairs after both the Gryffindor and the Ravenclaw, to reluctantly to greet her enemy.
Last edited by Emma Hill on 1st August 2018, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Morgan started walking to the stands with the two older students, slightly regretting her decision to join. The second-years seemed a lot more experienced at Quidditch than her. There wasn't really an age gap between them and her, but heck, they've at least got to be around this school and practice for a year; compared to them, Morgan had, well, none. Perhaps waiting for an inexperienced group to form would have been wiser. Morgan let out a faint sigh. She hoped she won't be dragging the team down if they manage to get the rest of the team members. Morgan wished that there be at least one student who was just as new as she was. The girl in the stands wasn't going to fulfill her wish, but perhaps the next one might.
Having reached the stands, Morgan glanced up. The second-year Gryffindor was at the top of it; Morgan wasn't quite able to see what she was doing exactly. 'Do I really need to go up the whole thing?' She wondered, feeling a bit lazy.
"Hey!", she shouted a little, trying not to startle the other students in the pitch with being too loud. No response came back. Maybe the girl didn't hear her, or just ignored her, but Morgan was too impatient to wait for answers. If she was going to be the inexperienced one, she was at least going to be helpful to the group by reaching out to this Gryffindor. Morgan climbed the stars quickly before the others started, hopping a few of them in a rather playful way. The cool breeze felt good going through her shortly cut hair as she was standing at the top of the stands; she could see why the girl chose to sit there. She stood still for a second, admiring the view, then approached the one sitting near.
"Hey, would you like to play a game of Quidditch with us?" she asked the brown haired girl, pointing towards the two. "We are in need of a few more people so..." Morgan explained quietly, trying her best not to disturb her too much. Morgan was a little terrified of approaching older students in general, afraid they might cast a jinx on her for fun. She did have a faint memory of reading the school rules which stated that spellcasting for no particular reason was forbidden, but then again, Morgan didn't really pay much attention to the rules.

And that's what I thought; but a talking snake made a lady eat an apple so we're screwed

Evie smiled as the two Ravenclaw girls decided to go with her suggestion. She saw a few other kids gathering around as well, they could fill in any spots they miss or play for the other team. For now she left the crowd to walk up the stairs to the stands with the other two who had wanted to play originally. She always forgot how high up these stands were - it really started to become a chore to climb all those stairs after a while. That didn't seem to bother the girl with short hair though, so it shouldn't bother Evie either. It's not like she was lacking in energy.

As they finally made their way to the top of the stands the second Ravenclaw girl did the talking, while the first one decided to stay quiet. Evie waved to Aurelia enthusiastically as the young witch asked her to join in on the game, pouting just a little bit as she said other students would probably like to play too. That was true, but she didn't feel like they were so pressed for space that they had to start decisions on who gets involved.

"Aw, come on Aurelia," she started. "You really like Quidditch, don't you? It'll be fun! ... And um, we sort of need a beater." Flashing an innocent smile at her classmate, she shrugged. "I mean, we need to fill up two teams for a game anyway, there's plenty of space," she says offhandedly, encouraging her along.

Oh wait, maybe she had homework to do, right? She pauses, tilting her head to the side. "Oh, is it because of that Transfiguration Assignment? Because I think I figured it out if you need help or something." Well, Evelyn probably had it figured out. She hadn't done the work herself yet but... well, the lesson wasn't that complex to begin with.

Evelyn Rowe
Stamina: 4 Agility: 6 Strength: 2 Control: 7 Arcane Power: 6 Accuracy: 5

As the Gryffindor spoke about her friend's passion for Quidditch, she mentally raised an eyebrow. She had also loved Quidditch, it could be debatable over who loved it more. She looked down at the Quaffle on the ground before speaking to Aurelia. She wasn't going to make more enemies than friends, well at least, she hoped. 

Emma's voice was light and airy as she spoke, almost too light. "C'mon Aurelia, we need another teammate, besides the weather, is perfect! Why's today different? There's nothing to be afraid of." She held her hands out as if she had said something wrong, how she loved to act. "Not that should be afraid of anything, I mean," she falsely stammered. 

Somehow, she found herself being nice to her 'best' enemy. Of course, if the two were alone, Emma would have surely left her and rode a school broom by herself. This time it had extremely different, she had company, and she really wanted to play a game of Quidditch. She didn't like the idea that the Gryffindor could easily hit a bludger to her head purposely.

"You can finish your extracurricular things and homework later, and I'm not taking no for an answer. C'mon it'll be fun!" She smiled.

~ Emmaline Louise Hill ~

Morgan flinched twice hearing the word 'homework' come out of the two girls' mouths. She hadn't finished her own homework herself. She'd only met the Transfiguration professor once, but that was enough for her to see that she wouldn't be enjoying the subject just like she feared she might. The professor seemed cold and her first homework seemed so tough; she had no idea how to finish them. Morgan thought about asking one of the older students to help her out but quickly tossed the idea away. The Quidditch Game was the important thing here and she should better concentrate on that.
Speaking of Quidditch...
Morgan glanced at the Gryffindor who declined her offer just before. The student didn't draw her wand out (thank heavens for that), however, she was interested in joining as well. Feeling a little sad that her first 'recruitment' didn't go the way she wanted, Morgan wondered why the other ones were eager to make her play. Although she herself didn't know about the girl much, those two obviously did. Even though Aurelia stated that they should look for others, they weren't going back. Maybe this Gryffindor girl is a pretty decent Quidditch player; she assumed. Still, they couldn't waste time on trying to get one person in the game when there were still loads of space to be filled. Morgan looked down below the stands and saw some students gathering, possibly trying to form a team themselves. Perhaps they could compete with them; if the three had all the players they needed, that is. She looked at Aurelia again. If the girl would see signs that she was clearly not interested, she'd be heading down to speak with the other group first. Aurelia wouldn't go anywhere, but the group might.