Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in
  Back

Up Up and Away  PV Ami & Amadea   Finished 

Kyden waited until he heard go from one of the girls. He hung back for a brief moment before shooting forward on the broom. He quickly passed Amadea and then just as quickly over took Ami. He wondered if he should go easy on them.

Then He thought back to his earlyish days at the orphanage. He was taught never to go easy. The only way to win was to work hard for it. No Easy win would be a good win and would make the winner feel bad. He saw the midway point just ahead of him and pushed forward. He glanced back quickly seeing the girls were a good distance behind. He leaned forward and pushed the broom to itself speed. He shot forward and towards the finish line. 

He loved the feel of the wind whizzing past him. Just the thought of flying always excited him. He loved how exhilarating it was. He felt free when he flew. He loved racing especially. He flt himself zoning out and shook his head to clear it. He needed to stay focus and keep his eye on the prize. He took a quick glance behind him and say that both girls were nearing him. He leaned more into his broom if that was possible and pushed forward.

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //

On Ami's mark, all three shot forward through the air. Immediately, Kyden passed by Amadea, whizzing by at a speed almost incomprehensible to Amadea. Then came Ami, who passed by at a slower speed, but was speeding up to reach Kyden.

Amadea realized she needed to go faster. This was the fastest pace that she had ever flown in her entire life, but it wasn’t fast enough for what she needed to win this race. Plus, if she won, she would have wonderful bragging rights. If Kyden or Ami won, they would rub it in as well. That only solidified Amadea’s determination to win the race. As she came to this realization, they reached the halfway mark. Amadea leaned forward, nudging her broom to go faster as she zoomed and caught up to Ami. Forcing the broom just a little bit faster, she swerved slightly to the left to avoid hitting Ami and waved as she went by.

Next was the hard part. Beating Kyden. She knew she probably didn’t have a chance, and plus Ami was still right behind her, but she had to try. Her hair was whipping all around her face and she shoved it out of the way to get a good view of the course in front of her. They were almost at the end by now and Amadea knew she wasn't going to catch up to Kyden. She slowed her pace a little bit so she was going at a manageable speed. 

A human. Being.
Strength: 4 | Agility: 10 | Control: 12 | Stamina: 9

Ami bit her lip as she urged her and her broom to go faster, but the closest she could get to Kyden was directly behind him, drafting so that she didn't have to try as hard to keep up with him. However, as hard as she might try, she wasn't able to swerve around the Slytherin and simply pass him to shoot forward to the finish line.

Then Amadea passed her as well, and Ami groaned. Leaning forward her broom, she shot forward as Amadea slowed down near the end, not wanting to crash into the Quidditch hoops (smart move). The two red-head Hufflepuffs crossed the finish line together, at the same time, and Ami sighed as she realized Kyden had crossed the line far earlier than they had, and that he was waiting for them patiently to finish.

"You're too good," Ami sighed good-naturedly, carefully taking a hand off of the school broom and detangling the new-found knots in her hair. "Really, I mean, you're probably going to be a Quidditch player or something, as a job," she continued, glancing at Amadea for confirmation at the praise directed towards Kyden. "Either that, or a future headmaster of Hogwarts... I can see it now," she said dramatically, spreading her hands out in front of her as if she were imagining a grand billboard of some sort. "Headmaster Goodlow."

Kyden reached the finish line a good bit before the girls. He turned around and watched them cross the designated finish line. He smiled at both of them. 

"Good job guys!" He laughed at what Ami said. "Well actually I used to want to be a professional Quidditch Player. However now that you say it I really wouldn't mind being the Headmaster some day. I think it would be cool." 

He looked at them. He stayed there hovering on the broom. 

"Guys don't let me forget I have the maps for you guys in my bag. But now anyways lets do something else. I never thought I'd say this but I am tied of being on the broom." 

He quickly turned his broom away from the girls and dove down towards the ground. At the last second he pulled even with the ground touching down safely. He dismounted his broom and carried it in his hand walking over to his bag he had left on the ground. He pulled out 2 copies of the maps of the tunnels. Kyden stood patiently holding the maps in his hand waiting for the girls to reach him.

"Come on guys I am not getting any younger." He joked.

Amadea was still out of breath when she and Ami raced across the finish line together where Kyden was waiting. He probably wasn't even trying that hard and he still managed to beat them both. She slowed down to a stop, coming up next to Kyden. 

"Good job to you as well, winner," Amadea said, smiling at him and Ami. She watched as Ami untangled her hair, and Amadea unconsciously reached up to feel her curls as well. Unfortunately, it seemed as though they were hopelessly tangled as they usually were. She decided she would just quickly put it up, so she made sure she was balanced before quickly removing both hands to pull it up in a quick messy bun. 

She then tuned back in to what the others were talking about. Kyden mentioned the maps. At first, Amadea was confused before she remembered what he was talking about. The night before, they had gone exploring in the secret passageways around Hogwarts and Kyden had promised to draw them maps so they could explore on their own without getting lost. 

They began flying down to the ground and Amadea listened to Ami talk about how Kyden would inevitably become a professional Quidditch player or the Headmaster of Hogwarts. Amadea could honestly see him doing both. "You used to be a professional Quidditch player?" she asked him incredulously. "How?! You're only eleven!" She shook her head in amazement. He really was talented. 

They reached the ground and Amadea hopped off the broom. She took the map from Kyden. "Thank you again for making these maps," she said to him. "What should we do now?" she asked once she had tucked the map away into her bag. She was excited to see what the rest of the day would bring.  

A human. Being.

"You used to be a professional Quidditch player? How?! You're only eleven!"
"He used to want to be a professional Quidditch player, love," Ami corrected, albeit somewhat absent-mindedly, considering she was currently also wrangling for control with her broom as the three of them landed on the ground together. "Dammit- pardon my French, Ky, but dammit, broom!" With a couple of "Ow!"s and "Oof!"s, Ami tumbled off her broom, wincing as she nearly re-sprained her still-healing ankle. "That didn't go as well as I hoped it would," she mumbled, getting up off the ground and dusting her robes off.
"Come on guys I am not getting any younger."
Ami rolled her eyes with a smile. "I don't see a beard yet, Ky, so you've got nothing to worry about," she said, trying for a joke. "Hey, these maps are freaking fantabulous," she added, and they were. Simple enough to understand, but with helpful notes such as avoid here or prefects bathroom, please don't. Folding it up into a secret note square, she tucked it into her pocket for later. Amadea then asked what they should do next, and Ami only shrugged.

"I'd suggest something, but I feel like most of it would break a ton of obscure rules I don't know about," the Hufflepuff said with a rueful smile. "I'll leave it up to you two, then."

Kyden was about to correct Amadea when Ami did it for her. He didn't speak and just landed smiling when they said how awesome the maps were. He had worked really hard on them for quite some time. He hoped that they wouldn't get lost now when they decided to use the tunnels now that they had some type of guidance.

He looked at the two of them and sighed thinking to himself for a min lute. "Well he could leave the training pitch and go down to the lake or closer up to the grounds. Maybe if we are lucky we could see the Giant Squid and maybe just maybe some Merpeople.  It would be pretty fun."

He stood there holding his broom waiting for the girls to answer him. He wasn't sure why but even though he couldn't think of things for them to do together he didn't want to part ways with them either. He loved their friendship and was glad they had met.

He smiled to himself think backing to the day he first met Amadea and the first day he met Ami. He cringed thinking of her banshee scream. He was sure glad he hadn't had the pleasure of hearing that for awhile.

"Ah that makes more sense," Amadea said, mostly to herself but also to the other two. Kyden had some good aspirations and Amadea had no doubt he would achieve whatever he wanted to do in his life. When he became some famous Quidditch player or the most well known Headmaster of Hogwarts (besides Dumbledore of course), she would happily be able to say she knew him when he was just a first year at Hogwarts. 

She removed herself from her thoughts, bringing her back to the present. Kyden was suggesting things for them to do next. To be honest, it was kind of scaring her how much she enjoyed hanging out with him and Ami. They were really great friends and managed to make every day interesting when she was with them. 

"Um, I've had some bad luck with the Great Lake," Amadea said, thinking about the long list of things that had happened to her down by the Great Lake. There was that time she had to rescue someone from the Great Lake. And then that time when she had to get rescued from the lake. There was that time when someone ran into the lake on fire and that other time Ami had been attacked by the creature in the Great Lake. No, Amadea definitely didn't want to go to the Great Lake. 

"Maybe we could just explore the grounds a bit more," she suggested. She had been to every part of the grounds during all of her daily walks, but she usually went alone without her friends. This would be a new and interesting adventure without having to worry about the Great Lake. She just hoped the other two would be okay with that. 

A human. Being.

Ami nodded along to Amadea's words, in agreement with her statement about the Lake. She wasn't quite ready to return to the Lake after what had happened with Cecily and Amadea and the mysterious fish-creature, and exploring the Grounds sounded fantastic. She hadn't the chance to see a lot of it yet, mostly sticking to the shoreline along the Lake. "I agree with Amadea," Ami piped up, shoving her hands into her jacket pockets. Brr... why is it cold? That's okay, I'll suck it up. "I want to see more of the grounds."

Indeed, the grounds had been a big talking point of her mom's when she'd been trying to convince her stubborn daughter to try Hogwarts. "They're beautiful!" Abella had insisted. "By far the best part of Hogwarts... and I know how much you love nature and the grand outdoors, or whatever. It'll be fantastic!" Truthfully, it was the grounds that had won her over, and she had yet to explore any of it. Wandering the grounds with two of her favorite people? She couldn't think of anything better.

Hopefully, they wouldn't run into anything sinister, like that fish, uh, thing. Ami definitely didn't want to relive that experience again, so hopefully, all the three would do was take a nice, peaceful little stroll and enjoy the (slightly nippy) weather Scotland had to offer.

Kyden shrugged he wasn't sure why both girl wanted to avoid the Great Lake. 

"Well really we would be going to a hill close to the Great Lake not really the lake itself. We wouldn't even be close enough for you to get wet. But okay if you say so guys."

Kyden was slightly bummed that the girls didn't want to go to the lake but he wouldn't mind exploring the grounds with them especially if that meant that he was able to spend more time with Ami and Amadea.

He looked at both the girls for a second. It was kind of funny if you thought about their unlikely meeting up in the astronomy tower. Now they two of them were becoming his best friends. The only think that could possibly make things better would be if he was in the same house as them. 

"Alrighty then so no lake. Okay lets go explore the grounds then if that is what you guys want to do. Or we can go back inside and explore the secret passageway again. I mean that might be fun if we find more secret paths inside of it. Though never mind outside sounds better."

Amadea glanced at Ami as she shared a similar fear (was it really a fear?) of the Great Lake. They had both been scarred by the incident that had happened when she, Ami, and Cecily had been exploring. To this day, Amadea still wasn't sure what the creature had been, but she was honestly glad that she didn't know. It would be scarier if she did. 

Kyden seemed kind of confused as to why neither of the girls wanted to go to the Great Lake, but Amadea didn't feel like giving an explanation and it appeared as though he wasn't going to ask any questions, so she just left the topic alone. Thankfully, Kyden moved on from the topic of the Great Lake to talk about other things. 

Exploring the grounds was just as fun as exploring down by the Great Lake, in Amadea's opinion at least. So many acres of land to explore and walk on! She wondered where they should go first. Then Kyden suggested going back to the secret passageways. She had to admit, those were fun as well, but she didn't know if she wanted to leave the outside just about now. 

"Maybe we should explore the grounds first," Amadea suggested. "And then we could go to the passageways." They had the whole day in front of them!

A human. Being.

"Grounds first, and then passageways," Ami said, agreeing with what Amadea had said previously. "We can practice using our maps, too, then." Because hey, maps were pretty hard to use. Sometimes. Actually, it was depended on the map. This one seemed pretty simple, but they'd still get a chance to get used to the tunnels and navigating with the map.

Making sure she had everything with her, Ami headed out of the Quidditch pitch with the other two in tow, dragging them along with her to the grounds of Hogwarts. "Where should we go first?" she asked, looking around. There were multiple options, all described to her in vivid detail via her mother. "I heard there's a waterfall... we could go to the boathouse...the white tomb... there's a lot of options, actually. We could go to a couple, sight-see a little bit?" Ami suggested, rattling off a list of destinations she remembered from her mom. "Then we could go to some of the cooler places via the passageways."

Yes, that sounded like a good plan. Personally, she opted for the waterfall, because, I mean, waterfalls? Hello? Super cool, super pretty- plus, it was a good place to chill and relax. Yes, Ami certainly was rather partial to waterfalls- although, the tomb sounded intriguing as well. She'd heard that Albus Dumbledore, one of the previous Hogwarts Headmasters, was buried there, but she'd never heard the story of why and how. Maybe Kyden or Amadea would know the history?

Kyden silently balked when Ami rattled off all the places that she wanted to go explore on the grounds. He knew that they weren't really supposed to as far out as all those were. Being a Prefect he hated to shut down all the fun but he really couldn't afford to be seen breaking the rules. That and he really wasn't much of a rule breaker to being with.

"Well umm I hate to be the kill joy but if that stuff is really out there we aren't supposed to go that far. We are really only allowed to be around the closer grounds, The Quidditch pitches and the banks of the Great Lake." He looked at both girls and shrugged. He didn't want to disappoint but of course that was what he had to do. 

He looked at them. Trying to think of something outside that they all could do. "Umm we could explore the inner grounds and the outside of the castle maybe we could found an entrance to a secret passageway that could lead us outside. I haven't found one of those yet. It might be cool if we could." He smiled to at them waiting for their answers. 

Amadea's eyes widened as Ami rattled off a list of places she would like to go to on the Grounds. If Amadea was being completely honest with herself, she hadn't heard of the majority of them. Apparently, they were not supposed to be going to most of those places, which reassured Amadea that it was okay that she hadn't heard of them.

She was glad Kyden was the one who reigned Ami in. She hated to be a party pooper, but she also didn't want to get into any trouble. It was too scary to even think about! But she didn't have to worry about that, as her prefect friend handled the situation well. Exploring the inner grounds seemed fine with Amadea. She often took walks around it, but most of the time she was too busy being stuck in her own head to really take in all of what she was walking around. Maybe if they all explored together, they would find things that weren't so obvious to the naked eye. 

She was about to suggest that when Kyden made his own suggestion about walking around and Amadea nodded along with agreement. He seemed quite taken by the secret passageways, which made sense to Amadea as he had been the one to discover them. Maybe they would find an entrance from outside of the castle. That would be quite interesting, she thought. 

"That would be cool!" she said, hoping she sounded as excited as she felt. "What do you say, Ami?" 

A human. Being.

Ami's heart deflated as Kyden explained patiently that the places she'd listed were off limits. Really? Wow, her mom had been a rule-breaker. But nevermind that, Kyden, as per usual, had come up with another option, stating that instead, they could explore the inner grounds, which sounded perfectly fine to Ami. Amadea voiced her agreement and assent as well, which proved to be the clincher.

"Sounds like a plan!" Ami said cheerfully with a large, beaming smile. Exploring was fun, especially when it was with friends- and good friends, at that. What fun! "To the inner grounds! Whichever one you choose to go to!" she added, remembering that there were multiple different courtyards within the castle, as well.

"The bigger ones are prettier, though," Ami added on thoughtfully. Lots of trees and flowers, and... "I have my phone with me," Ami added, tapping her pocket. "It can't do much, but it can take pictures. Do you guys want to have a mini photoshoot?" The redhead had to suppress and load of tiny giggles from bursting out of her. "The courtyards are supposed to be really pretty... can't let them go to waste, can we? We can pretend we're posing for Vogue, or Covergirl, or something."
  Back