Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in
  Back

Up Up and Away  PV Ami & Amadea   Finished 

Kyden had sent a note to both girls to meet him down at the Quidditch Training Pitch. He had told them not to worry about grabbing brooms. He went to the broom shed and grabbed three brooms. He hoped that both girls knew how to fly fairly well. It wouldn't be much fun if one of them was being left behind.

He sat on the ground of the Quidditch Training Pitch and waited for the girls to arrived. He had just been exploring with them a few days before. He wasn't sure why but he quite enjoyed the time that he spent with the two Hufflepuff girls.

Kyden was quite glad that today was a class free day. That meant he had the whole day to spend with the two Hufflepuff Girls. He had a fund day planned for them down here on the Quidditch Training Pitch. He hoped both would love it. He knew for fact that Amadea would but he was still getting to know exactly what Ami liked. One thing was for sure however and that was that Ami never ceased to amaze him. She was always doing something that surprised Kyden. He actually quite liked that about her.

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //

This was the second note that Amadea had received from Kyden about meeting up. As she held it in her hand, she wondered if this would become a normal occurance. She wouldn't mind that, if she was being totally honest. She really enjoyed hanging out with both Kyden and Ami and hoped that they could become better friends. 

Kyden's note said to meet on the Quidditch Pitch and not worry about bringing a broom, so Amadea strolled down to the grounds. The sun was shining from the sky and the wind was blowing but it was a light breeze that felt wonderful. It was spring! 

She was really glad that there weren't any classes today; she wouldn't have to worry about going anywhere for classes or anything. She would spend the whole day with the other two students. As Amadea neared the Quidditch Pitch, she thought about the day when she first met Kyden here and he had given her lessons on flying. She still wasn't that great, but she could get around well enough thanks to him. She wondered if Ami knew how to fly. If not, it would be a blast teaching her...or rather, watching Kyden teach Ami. 

She reached the pitch and saw Kyden standing in the middle of it with brooms surrounding him. She walked over, smiling. "Hey Kyden!" she said excitedly. "What are we doing today?" She looked around. Not many other people were around, which was good, because if she fell on her face flying today, she didn't want everyone to see. Ami didn't seem to be anywhere in sight, though Amadea figured she would hear the girl before she actually saw her. It really was a beautiful day. 

"This is so exciting!" she said. "I can't wait to get started." 

A human. Being.
Strength: 4 | Agility: 10 | Control: 12 | Stamina: 9

Ami had been pretty skeptical when Kyden had sent her that first note concerning the passageways, so imagine her surprise when she received another message a few days later. Really, it had to be a prank- no one, especially a boy, ever willingly wanted to spend with her on purpose. As in, set aside time to meet up with her. But he hadn't let her down last time- he'd given her the map (and she'd used the passageways an ungodly amount of times), he'd helped her clean up her mess of soda, and he hadn't taken her knife away- yet. But this? Quidditch? Really?

To be perfectly honest, Ami had extremely mixed feelings about Quidditch and flying in general. She enjoyed flying a lot, but hated the class simply because of all the eyes and pressure placed on her. If she was alone and unrushed, she could fly perfectly well. With Quidditch, she'd certainly tried to play as Beater, but ended up only being below average, at best.

Shoving the last of her meal into her mouth, Ami shrugged on her dad's old leather hunting jacket (really, you thought it was hers? A vegan with a hunting jacket?) as she stepped out into the sunlight, showing her usual absolute disregard for robes and the normal dress code. Ripped, stone-washed jeans and beat-up Doc Martens gave insight into her family's financial status, and the black shirt underneath her jacket had rips near the collarbone. Really, Ami dressed like every "edgy" teen in America, and looked like one, too; most said she resembled a ghost.

Taking her own sweet time to get to the field, when she stepped out onto the green grass, she noted that Amadea and Kyden were already there, waiting for her. A smile breaking out onto her face, she yelled, "Hey! Ky, Amadea!" Waving casually with one hand, she jogged over to the two of them, clapping her hands together. "What're we doing today?"

Kyden watched Ami walk up and smiled. "You know hanging around with you makes it very hard for me to be a good Prefect. You break so many rules Ami." He laughed and shook his head. 

He hesistated when she asked him what he had planned. He didn't really have a set plan. He thought that they would fly around on the brooms some and then just go from there. He wasn't sure why but he felt the need to impress the two Hufflepuff girls.

"Okay so I figured that we could just fly around for a bit and then go from there. Maybe we can have a picnic out here. Though of course we will have to go in and get our food." He didn't want to say why he had planned this day. Though the truth was he loved being in the company of Ami and Amadea. 

He handed each of them a broom and smiled. "I know Amadea you weren't the best at flying but I figured it would be could practice as well. Ami how well can you fly? I have been flying since I was 5 so I can always help you with any pointers you may need. You guys ready?"

Amadea laughed. She was definitely not the best influence for Kyden, and neither was Ami. She wondered why he still hung around with them. No one had ever willingly hung out with her simply because they wanted to, but hey there's a first time for everything. 

She smiled as Ami approached, asking the same question Amadea had voiced earlier. As Kyden explained his plans, or lack thereof, for the day, Amadea's excitement began to grow. She had only flown three or four times, and even though she might have been the least experienced of the three, she was excited to fly. 

"That sounds like a great idea!" she exclaimed. They had the whole day to fly around and have a picnic and talk and get to know each other. Amadea had never had these types of bonding experiences before and finally being able to have friends was such an exciting thing.  "Hopefully my flying has improved since the last time," she added as an afterthought. She would hate to think that the others would have to wait up for her because of her lack of skills. She had never seen Ami fly though, so who knew? Maybe they were in the same boat. 

A human. Being.

Ami took the broom Kyden handed her with a skeptical look. "How well can you fly?" he'd asked, and Ami laughed sarcastically. "I know how to fly- and that's the absolute most I can say, if I stay positive," she said gingerly, briefly flashing back to the Quidditch catastrophe she'd suffered through the other day. Really, Beaters had to be fantastic multi-taskers, with incredible accuracy.

Mounting the broom, she took off, hovering a couple of feet off the ground, wincing as the broom wobbled slightly. Whoo, boy... alright. Try not to fall, and you should be fine. Flying a circle around the two students, she called out, "Come on! Let's do some shi-" She cut herself off properly, realizing she shouldn't swear in front of a prefect. "Let's, uh... let's do stuff!" she amended, with an apologetic look aimed towards Kyden. "Sorry, Ky." 

Pulling out of her circle, she flew higher so that she was a good forty or fifty feet above the ground, her jacket providing welcome protection against the wind. From up here, she could see nearly the entirety of the field, as opposed to standing on the ground. The seats rising high up into the air, the hoops standing tall... quite the view, indeed.

Kyden mounted his broom and took off up towards the sky. He flew slightly higher than Ami and turned a few quick loop de loops. He smiled down at the girls and flew down so he was hovering by Ami.

"Come on on Amadea. Come join the fun." He smiled waiting. He really hoped that today would be a fun day. Maybe after they finished flying they could go down by the Great Lake for a picnic or something. It didn't really matter. The day was theirs. He was going to make it fun.

The truth was he was just so glad to finally have friends that cared. He hadn't had that back at the orphanage. Maybe they hadn't exactly said they were his friends but it had to say something that they kept coming when they got his mysterious notes.

When he first met them he figured they were going to treat him the same almost everyone does. Either hate him because he was a Slytherin or teas him because he was short. He sighed at the memory and then smiled to himself remembering what had happened. The two Hufflepuffs didn't shun him or tease him. The only thing that they did was Ami deafening him with her banshee scream.

Amadea watched as her two friends flew around in the sky above her. She shook her head, laughing in thought. Ami was definitely not the greatest influence on either Kyden or Amadea, but hey, everyone needed a bit of fun in their life and Ami definitely provided that fun. 

She felt her heart swell as they called down to her to come join them. People usually ignored her or just passed her by but these people were different. They wanted to include her and if she wasn't included, they made sure that she was. It was refreshing that she had some good friends that truly cared about her. 

She mounted her broom, remembering the lessons Kyden had given her and flew up into the sky to join them. She wasn't about to attempt any loop de loops as she didn't want to injure herself and ruin the day, but just being in the air with her friends was enough. Watching them show off was fun enough for Amadea. 

Amadea followed Ami's gaze toward the big Quidditch hoops and Amadea turned so she was facing them. They were huge but imagining playing Quidditch from this perspective was easy and a lot of fun. Maybe she would try out for Quidditch next year. It seemed like a lot of fun, if she was being honest. 

"What now?" she asked Kyden. 

A human. Being.

Totally zoning out and accidentally ignoring the other two (she tended to do that a lot, but she swore it was always on accident), Ami leaned forward slightly on her broom, flying closer and closer to the massive hoops at the end of the pitch. Darting through one of them, Ami was surprised to see just how big they were. Dipping down and looping back around, she sped through all three of them in quick succession, weaving in and out between the three in a slalom pattern.

Diving down towards the ground, she pulled out just before she'd hit the ground, and flew up to meet Amadea and Kyden in the air. Kyden was flying around like a pro (he probably was, to be honest), and Amadea looked pretty comfortable on her broom, as well. "Hey," she panted, slightly out of breath from the rush and thrill of it all. Flying... without wings... I've always wondered why / we don't need feathers to fly, Ami thought with a smile, recalling a lovely song by Owl City- Butterfly Wings, it was called. "What do you guys want to do? I mean, it's kinda up to you, Ky, considering you're the one who brought us out here."

Kyden hovered on his broom and shrugged. He wasn't sure what to do next. Truth be told he hadn't really thought that far. He wasn't sure why. Maybe he thought that the girls wouldn't show up. However that wasn't the case they had shown up and now they were looking at him for ideas on what to do next. He could suggest a race but he was sure he would probably beat the both of them. He sighed again before answering them. 

"Okay you got me. Honestly I have no idea what to do next. Honestly I hadn't really planned that much. Call me crazy but I think I wasn't even sure if you guys would show up. I mean I am so glad you did but now I kind of feel stupid for not think of at least something. I mean we could race or something. I really don't know." 

He looked away from the girls off into the distance and sighed. He was having major brain block and couldn't even think of something for the three of them today. Yeah way to go man. How dumb did he have to be to invite them out here and not even have a concrete plan.

Amadea immediately felt bad for the poor Slytherin. Clearly, he had wanted this day to go well. Not having plans didn't ruin it though! It made it even better. They could be spontaneous and make the plan as they went. She told him this, hoping it would lift his spirits. 

Then she turned to Ami. "So, a race?" she asked. Amadea still hadn't flown very often and wasn't sure how fast she could go, especially on these rickety school brooms. Nevertheless, she was determined to make this a great day and Kyden had suggesting racing, so that's what Amadea was going to do. She patted her broom beneath her, wondering if it understood her gesture. It meant, We are most definitely going to win this race and show the others how it's done. 

Amadea decided to take charge. "Let's fly over to where the Quidditch hoops are," she said. That way, they could line up and each one of them would be starting from the same place so it would be a fair contest. If they started here, they couldn't be sure they were in a straight line. She looked across the Quidditch field. "We can race to the other end of the Quidditch field," she suggested. "Or if that's too short and easy we could race to the other end, turn around and come back." 

A human. Being.

"A race!" Ami cheered with a wide smile. Excellent... so you're going to relive the Falcon Incident? some back part of her mind snarked. The Hufflepuff shuddered, and her ankle tingled as if it was physically reminding her of that catastrophe. Her smile faded, if only slightly, and her grip tightened drastically on her broom, her knuckles turning white. Flying with the other two to the Quidditch hoops she'd been flying around minutes prior, she nodded along to Amadea's plan. "Let's try just down to the other end, first, without flying back," Ami suggested. "Y'all are so much better than me, I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with two lengths..."

Shifting her seat on the broom, she waited for someone (probably Kyden's) shout of "Go!", geared up and ready to redeem herself. First, her spraining an ankle with Lorelai, then, the disastrous Quidditch game... really, flying just seemed to be her ultimate downfall, whenever she got too cocky with it. She'd just have to remember and slow down, keep her head, and to not get over-excited. Really, simple, basic things, right? Somehow, however... she knew, deep in her heart, she'd manage to screw this up. She always did.

Kyden perked up. He was both surprised and excited that both of the girls wanted to race. However he felt it unfairly matched. He wondered if he should say something. He was sure most Slytherin's wouldn't and would just win but that wasn't him.

"Umm okay so to the other end of the Quidditch Pitch. Should we do handicaps? Like do we all start at the same time or since I am a better flyer I start five seconds after? How do you guys want to do it?"

He looked across the pitch before looking at the girls. The sun was hiding behind some clouds and it was a tad bit chilly. He looked down and around and smiled slightly when he realized that they were practically the only students outside. I guess the fear of rain was kind of huge. He wouldn't mind if it rained. He loved the rain. He loved watching weather change. Weather amazed him.

Okay if thoughts were wandering off he looked back at the girls waiting for an answer. "We could just all start at the same time. Then after the race lets say winner gets to choose what we all do next. Seems fair doesn't it?"

Amadea had suggested the race, but even so, she was growing a bit nervous. She had never raced before and she had only flown a few times. This would be quite the experience. She hoped she didn't hurt herself. Amadea performed surprisingly well under pressure. She had the ability to calm herself and think rationally without letting the panic shield her vision and thoughts. It was a helpful skill to have. She hoped it would pay off here. 

Amadea only half listened as Kyden tried to figure out where they all should start. She was too busy going over the technique of flying in her head. Stay balanced on the broom, don't overcorrect if you make a mistake, lean forward, keep your hands steady. Those were the big takeaways she had learned from her flying lessons with Kyden and she hoped that they would be enough. 

It seemed as though both Ami and Kyden were experienced flyers, or at least more experienced than her. She didn't let that get her down though. She had only just learned how to fly, and they might have been flying for a much longer time.  "Yes, lets all line up together," she said, moving so she was in line with the other two. 

Then she waited for whoever was going to call their marks, probably Ami. She adjusted herself on the broom before looking over at the other two. "You're going down," she said playfully before returning her attention to the race course in front of them. 

A human. Being.

Ami cursed under her breath as she realized the other two were waiting for her mark. I thought it was going to be Kyden! "Alright... down to the other end and stop... ready..." Her eyes narrowed, her body leaning forward on the broom, her shoulders tensing of their own accord. "Steady..." 'Set' was too basic, she was with intellectuals, after all. Besides, 'ready' and 'steady' rhymed. "GO!" she yelled, streaking off across the pitch as soon as the word left her mouth.

To be perfectly honest, Ami wasn't the best flier. Any talent she had came from the sheer natural instinct to not fall off, and she naturally had pretty good balance. However, she hadn't flown much, often skipping Flying because of her dislike of flying in front of other people, and her small fear of heights. The rush of adrenaline usually canceled the heights thing out, though, so the only expression on the redhead's face was one of extreme delight and soaring through the sky.

To her extreme dismay, Ami watched Kyden shoot past her, taking over her minuscule lead. "Come on!" she yelled good-naturedly, egging herself to go faster. "Not cool, Ky!" By now, they were almost at midfield- the halfway point of their race.
  Back