Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in

Watch the Skies  PV Aravis, Odette   Finished 

Lucien hadn't seen his little sister since the Sorting Ceremony so he thought he would pay her a visit. He had been listening around in the common room and had heard she made the Quidditch team. He figured he could find her practicing. The short Raven haired boy walked slowly down to the Quidditch Training Pitch where he assumed his sister and cousin would be. He carried his notebook and quill with him to give Aravis an update on his remedy for her chronic illneses. He found a place to sit on a bench to watch. His sister indeed was there practicing on a school broom. He noticed a puddle that was near his foot due to the rain the previous day. He covered up his green eye wondering what it would be like if he had normal eyes. He removed his hand and then covered the Blue one. Don't get him wrong, he loved his eyes and took pride in them, he just wondered would he be treated different if they were both the same color. He would have taken off his glasses to see what he looked like out them, but frankly he was a blind as a bat without them. On another note he couldn't use echolocation either. He eventually sighed looking down at the puddle. Normally words didn't bother him but he was beginning to wonder, was he really a freak. Sure he was quiet and all but that didn't make him a freak right?
Last edited by Lucien Escanora on 2nd May 2018, 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.

Aravis had been practicing for her team. She wanted to make them proud of her. She also just wanted to improve. She saw a black haired boy wandering down the hill looking rather lost in thoughts. She payed him no mind and went back to her training. She did a few more rounds of her routine before she noticed that the boy was sitting on a bench. She flew down from the sky toward the ground. As she got closer she realized the boy was in Slytherin and it was her brother. He kept covering one eye and then would cover the other while looking into a puddle. "Alright ya wet blanket what's wrong this time?" Aravis said flopping down on the bench while propping the broom against it. 

He seemed lost in his thoughts so Aravis did the only thing she knew. Give the sad child a hug. So she extended her arms and quickly wrapped them around her brother. She was well aware of Lucien's hate for hugs and human contact in general. She figured it would snap him out of his thoughts though. "How's my cure coming along? Is it getting better?" She asked her brother. He ad been working on a cure for common...what was that word...was it chronic, chronic illnesses? Aravis believed it that was the term he had used. It was supposed to fix her schizophrenia. She wondered how long she would have to go through the outbursts having no control of herself.

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Lucien didn't notice that his sister had flew down to talk to him. He was still entertained by simply looking into a puddle and thinking what it would be like to be normal. Just then someone's arms wrapped around him. Immediately Lucien tried to scramble out of the hug from an unknown person He couldn't see the attackers face but he recognized the voice to be his sister. "Aravis, you know I dislike germs!" He huffed as she finally let go. He turned to face her, and as he had figured, asked about the cure. The Raven haired boy looked rather distressed from the immense amount of germs that had invaded his personal space. "Well...as I've told you, it may not be finished for years. It's taking a lot of time to test. I don't want you to test it in case something bad happens to you that we can't fix. There are a lot of errors I'm sorting out. I might ask Odette for advice on ingredients." He didn't want to say that he was asking for help, he didn't need help, just a little bit of advice. To his look another dark haired girl was on her way down to the pitch. The third family member joined them. "Hello Odette. How are you?" He said even though his mind was elsewhere, he was used to being made fun of for his eyes, but after all the years of dealing with it, the taunts finally hit him. Maybe his eyes did make him a freak of nature, but this freak of nature would learn how to be of use unlike the people who made fun of him.

~

Odette was bored. She had nothing to do and she'd already read two books today. She was going to read more until she remembered that her cousin, Aravis, had her Quidditch practice today. Smiling, she rolled off of her bed and decided that she would watch her cousin practice.

Odette herself wasn't very athletic. In fact, she was probably the most clumsy person you would meet. Because instead of rolling off of her bed onto her feet, she fell onto the floor. Her kitten, Po, meowed and licked her face. Scolding herself, she gets off the ground, pets Po, and exits her room.

When she's finally outside, she smiles. She loved being outside whether it was with animals or listening to music, reading a book or writing one. Taking a walk. She loved it all. When she gets near where the Quidditch Training Pitch is she hears someone huffing about germs. At that, Odette grins because she knows it's her cousin, Lucien talking. She could see Lucien and Aravis sitting on a bench. She races down to the pitch and--

She trips. So she's more or less tumbling down to where her cousins are. "Ow," she groans when she finally comes to a stop. "I was alright until that happened," she mumbled, answering her cousin's question.

"We should love, not fall in love, because everything that falls gets broken."
- Is in love with Fictional Characters -

Lucien watches as his cousin runs closer...and then down she goes. He left his laughing sister on the bench by herself. He rushed over to his cousin trying to figure out how to get her off the ground without getting any more germs on him than the evil hug had given him. "I'd help you up, but I can't think of a way that wouldn't contain getting even more germs on me, and I guarantee that Aravis sure isn't going to be of any help. Are you ok?" Lucien asked just to make sure she hadn't needed a trip to the Hospital Wing. "Speaking of which that reminds me. I was carrying so many books to my dorm that when I got the door open I fell and dropped all my books because I couldn't see anything. And THEN to top that I went to pick them up and my glasses fell off causing me to drop everything again. I haven't had the best luck." The quiet boy said hoping it would make his cousin feel better about being clumsy and falling often. At least she didn't have to worry about losing her glasses to see. "And if you could later, I need a bit of advice on one of my studies. You read a lot so you could probably give me some advice." He was careful not to use the word help. Help meant that he was incapable of doing it himself, which he could, he was just trying to move his project a little bit faster.

~

Aravis watched as her cousin came running down the hill. Lucien was still freaking our about the whole hug and germs thing. She leaned in close to her brothers ear and whispered "Watch she's going to trip and fall." Lu ignored her comment and asked how Odette was. Just as Odette looked like she was going to answer she triped and fell. Just as Ara had predicted. Aravis started laughing overlly hard and even started crying due to laughing over it so much. In fact she wasn't sure if she could stop laughing.

She wiped her eyes as Lucien got up to help her. To make it even more amusing he didn't even help her. He just srood there informing the other girl of germs. Aravis laughed even harder at that. She fell on her side laying on the bench pointing and cackling like no other. Aravis had almost never laughed but this was amusing to her.

"She just- You just- aha- you- wheeze- FELL!" Her sentence was barely able to make any sense but it was obvious she was laughing at her brother and at her cousin. She finally began to stop laughing for a bit. It was like the rictusempra charm had it her due to her holding her stomach which hurt from all the laughing.

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Odette sat up, rubbing her head when Lucien said, "I'd help you up, but I can't think of a way that wouldn't contain getting even more germs on me, and I guarantee that Aravis sure isn't going to be of any help. Are you ok?" At this, Odette gave him a look. She knew her cousin didn't like germs to a certain degree and she was glad that she wasn't actually hurt because her cousins wouldn't be much of a help.

Before she could say anything, Lucien continued. "Speaking of which that reminds me. I was carrying so many books to my dorm that when I got the door open I fell and dropped all my books because I couldn't see anything. And THEN to top that I went to pick them up and my glasses fell off causing me to drop everything again. I haven't had the best luck."

"She just- You just- aha- you- wheeze- FELL!" Aravis couldn't stop laughing and Odette sent her a scowl. But then she giggled and pushed herself up off of the ground. "I guess that makes me feel a little better," she says, replying to Lucien. "Earlier, when I got up from my bed to come here, I fell off of it instead. I think Po was trying to tell me how much of a klutz I am when I fell on the floor," she laughed. "And yes, I'll give you advice if I know it."

"We should love, not fall in love, because everything that falls gets broken."
- Is in love with Fictional Characters -

Odette pulled a rather irritated face as he refused to help his own cousin up. He sent a glare over to his cackling sister. "Do shut up!" He yelled over at her. His cousin spoke again talking about falling earlier as the raven haired boy shook his head. "I'm sure everyone here thinks you are a klutz, but do give Po a treat for me." He said before walking over to his sister pushing her off the bench lightly yet as quick as possible to make her stop laughing. He laughed as he sat back down on the bench wiping his hands on his robes trying to get rid of any of his sisters germs. "Aravis, have you finished practice or are you just slacking off." He called out to his sister on the ground who wasn't laughing so much at the moment. He turned to Odette again to talk to her. "What exactly do you know of my sister's illness? I can't seem to find any more information regarding the subject, traits, or anything on it. Anything that you can possibly find will be useful" He said with a blank face. He wanted to be able to help his sister before the end of the school year. He realizes the time and begins to head off to leaving his sister and cousin behind not waiting for an answer. He always had a bad habit of leaving before someone could respond to him.

~