Quidditch Training Pitch

Register
Sign in

Quidditch Practice  PV Slytherin Team   Closed 

The sky had been blanketed with clouds, and no signs of it clearing up showed either. Out on the dewy grass of the Quidditch Training Pitch, a woman in black stood. A black turtleneck, a black cloak, and black pants and shoes. The one contrast was her bright, platinum blonde hair and her pale skin. She had a broom in her grip, but she wasn't planning on flying. The last time she was on a broom, she fell off from fifty feet in the air and broke her jaw. That was not something she planned on reliving. 

Her head turned at the first sound of students entering the pitch, then with that, her whole body turned as well. A faint smile graced her chapped lips, and she nodded to each person who came by, waiting until the last member of the team came on to the pitch. She rested the broom she was holding onto a rack that was off to the side. There were only school brooms, as the students weren't allowed brooms of their own in their first year. These brooms did worry Leonie though, as she was well aware how well they really worked. She hoped these first years had control, because these were probably the worst brooms in the market. And they weren't even in the market.

"Hello, team, welcome to the first practice. From here on out, we will have practices three times a week. Your brooms are to my left here. Please grab one then return to a line." She instructed. She was sure that by now each and every one of these students had been to flying lessons. She hoped she would not have to inform anyone how to ride a broom, because she had no clue. Once all of the team members had grabbed a broom and gone into a line, Leonie tucked her hands behind her back, pacing in front of them. 

"How about we begin with introductions? Starting from this end of the line, state your name and position. Also, are you excited for the Quidditch season?" She asked, then pointed to the first person to begin.

i want to stomp on your face

Ingrid ran down the hill, heading to the Quidditch pitch. It was the day she had waited for the most since the school had started - the day when the first Quidditch training took place with the new team. Ingrid was wearing her brand new Quidditch robe, decorated with green, silver and the Slytherin crest, as well as with number 13 in the back. As she rushed down to the field, she tied her hair up in a messy ponytail and then headed towards the Head of House, professor Scheinberg. The wind that blew from the mountains was cold and sky seemed like it could rain at any moment - the weather could make the training more challenging yet more exciting as well.

Once everyone was finally present, Ingrid grabbed one of the brooms as told, then returning to the line. She gave a quick glance at the others while Ms. Scheinberg suggested them to introduce themselves to each other first - Ingrid herself was quite sure she'd remember everyone's names as they had spent some time together as a team already, however, she wasn't confident everyone else in the team did. As the professor then pointed to her, she turned to look at her and slightly raised her chin before she talked with a confident tone in her voice.

"Ingrid - as most of you probably already know. I play a Chaser." A quick smirk crossed her lips as she nodded shortly, then taking one step forward. "And I couldn't be more excited for the season - I know we have all the possibilities to win this year. However-" she turned to look at her fellow teammates, giving each one of them a short glance. "I hope that everyone is as motivated to work towards the goal, which is nothing else but victory. And I suppose all of us know what is needed to achieve it."

INGRID WINTERWOOD | PREFECT | CHASER FOR THE SLYTHERIN QUIDDITCH TEAM

Isabella hurried towards the Quidditch Pitch, feeling excited and nervous at the same time. She had got what she had wanted. She'd been dreaming of this for years. She looked around, relieved she wasn't the only one wearing her new Quidditch Robes. She had almost cried out of joy when she saw them, and she had to bury her face in her hanker chief very quickly when she saw the number 3 and the Slytherin crest plastered across the back.

When she reached the group she couldn't help but beam again, she felt like she would never be happier. She listened to her Head of House tell them to get a broom before they started. She walked forward and picked a broom that look liked it would be alright to fly, she had heard some horrible stories about the school brooms here. With some always flying slightly to the left and others vibrating if you flew too high or too fast. She jumped back into the line next to Ingrid and smiled around at everyone. She heard Professor Scheinburg suggest that they introduce themselves. Isabella already knew most of them team, but there were one or two faces she couldn't quite put a name too.

She nodded in agreement after hearing Ingrid speak, she was right. Everyone in the team needed to be motivated and willing to work hard to get the Quidditch Cup this year. When Ingrid had finished speaking she jumped forward, eager to get this over with so that they could start training.

"Hi, I'm Isabella, I play Chaser as well. And I'm SUPER excited for the Quidditch season, I've been looking forward to this ever since I learnt how to ride a broom." She said, smiling at her teammates before jumping back into the line again.

You see? Even death has a heart.

Ava walked onto the pitch with a mix of happiness and confusion on her face. Being on a team was a dream come true, and the new Quidditch robe she was wearing was something that felt so... surreal. She had no idea how she got onto the team, seeing the other's abilities and them actually doing things and not flying around trying to do things. She was pretty sure that without her they could win as easily as they did with her. The girl could see two players were already there. She hurried up and stood beside them, a bit awkwardly.

She looked at the girl next to her - it was one of the girls she shared a dorm with before the dorms' reorganization. Isabella, right? She had a twin name Elizabeth? Yes, they were both half-bloods and Elizabeth liked photography. She quickly tried to remember everything she knew about her and her twin sister. The girl before Isabella was also someone she knew from her dorm - Ingrid Winterwood. Easy to remember, her father was one of the most known people in the wizarding world. When Isabella finished her introduction, it was Ava's turn.

"Hello, my name is Ava Silver. I am playing beater. I'm also excited about the Quidditch season, but also pretty surprised and confused." the girl said, smiling.

faceclaim: Yvonne Michel |
STA: 3 | AGI: 3 | STR: 5 | CON: 4 | ARCP: 8 | ACC: 7 |

Aravis was practically running to the field like a bullet fired from a gun. She had never ran so fast in her life to get somewhere. She wasn't running late, she just wanted to hurry up and get there out of sheer excitement. She had her uniform that had the number 7 on  the back. She knew a few people once she finally reached the Quidditch Pitch.

They were all instructed to grab a broom and return to their line. Aravis happily grabbed one excited for training. She stood beside Ava. The other members were introducing themselves. Ingrid, she knew Ingrid but not very well. They were dormmates and she had only talked to her a few times. She was also the prefect, Aravis looked up to her quite a lot. Then there was Isabella. Another one of Aravis's roomates. Aravis didn't know her and hadn't really talked to her. In between Aravis and Isabella was Ava Silver. Aravis had talked to her a little but not much. Ava had once taken a photo of her and Charo at the great lake. She was also a good artist. Aravis thought she was pretty cool to talk to from their few run ins. 

Then it was time for her to introduce her self. "Aravis Escanora, a chase, at your service. I'm super hyped for the games during this season. I've played Quidditch since I was little. I believe we will all do amazing if we use teamwork and motivate each other!"

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Assuming she was not discharged from the team for her interactions with her fellow Slytherins in the common room, Erin would arrive. She was not particularly enthused about her team. She did not like some of her teammates and a part of her wanted to see them fail at the expense of their team's victory. She was frustrated, she found this season's teams unusual. They were comprised wholly of first years which was unheard of. It made no sense and it made her feel uncomfortable. Her teammates legitimately believed that they had earned their station, she begged to disagree. 

In fact she could not even remember their try-outs.

She recalled being named a Beater, the position she sought despite the fact that she never thought that she would be added to the team. She was only there because the oppertunity was there and she wanted to test the mettle of her peers, specifically the arrogant braggarts from her house that she had encountered. 

She would be compliant with the Head of House's instructions. Their first interaction was at those try-outs, at least that was what she thought. She shook her head as she tried to remember. Things were not lining up and her attempt to remember was making her brain ache. She would grab a broom and find herself in the line up. She was several feet away from the congregation, none of them were particularly friendly towards her not that such was unearned.

The students were introducing themselves one at a time. She would wait and she would listen to their introductions. It felt scripted. I am ___ and I have taken this position. I am super happy/excited/elated or similar adjective to be a part of this time. Let's do super good/awesome or yet another adjective in the speaker's limited lexicon.

"I am Erin Ryan, Beater," she announced simply. Did she have to add a generic sentiment? She internally sighed. "Aren't we all beguiled by this?" She relented.

Just a trick of the lighting they said...

Aravis looked over at the next girl. Unable to shut her large mouth she spoke to the girl who introduced herself as Erin. "If you don't want to be here then why did you try out? Could have given your position to some one who actually wanted it. We won't do well if you already have a negative attitude about it." She stated coldly while plainly glaring at the girl with her her icy blue eyes shinning. She had wanted to be on the team so badly yet here was someone who didn't even care that much. 

"The game is about having fun as much as it is growing to learn and understand the positions you work for. It takes practice so of course none of us are near perfect." She added still glaring daggers. Quidditch was one of the few things that Ara wasn't negative about. She was not about to let someone crush her teams vibe. 

"Team work consists of being on a team with other people striving for a common goal. Without positivity and motivation the whole team will fail. If one person fails their position it can bring the whole team down. Do you actually want us to fail?" Aravis huffed and turned toward the front going silent once more.

"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."

Kyden walked onto the training pitch and looked around. He smiled at the team. He listened to  each person introduce them selves until it was his turn. "Well my name is Kyden Goodlow and I am the back up Seeker." He smiled. He was upset at first that he only was the back up but after thinking about it he was more happy that he even made the team. He knew that the main seeker was really good and that he could lead the team to victory. Kyden also knew that when it was his turn he could do the same. With to great Seekers Slytherin was going to be next to impossible to beat. At least he hoped so. He looked around and waited for the others to finish introducing themselves before talking again. "I think we are going to have a spectacular team this year guys! We all have the drive to do our hardest and mop the floor with the other houses!" He smiled wide. He was so ready for the Quidditch season to start. He was thrilled and pumped all at the same time. However he was also a bundle of nerves. He hoped his other teammates liked him.

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //

She spoke up. She was never one to stay quiet. Never one to back down from an altercation, even if she would not win. Even if it was likely that she would be rebuked for the encounter. She was used to it.

"Beguiled can be defined as the pleasant passage of time or the often but not always deceptive charming of another. You do know words right?" Erin countered after the girl finished her short rant. "So I am either saying that we are pleasantly enjoying the passage of time because of this game or that we are being manipulated by something shiny and fun." She rolled her eyes. Teamwork here apparently meant, say nothing negative... don't think for yourself... Yay teamwork.

She would comb her fingers through her indigo tresses, most of the strands would fall back over her face as they most often did. She always saw the word as if she was looking through blinds. She would tuck a strand of hair behind her ear and it would hold. It would not last for long but for the moment she could see the others. Such blind pride, they got something and they could not, they refused to see it as something wrong. They were not going to listen to her, she knew that. Nobody ever did.

"But remember, your vision of teamwork was pure positivity yet being the hypocrite that you are you attacked me verbally for saying my name, my position and what using the term beguiled. Terribly offensive of me," she shook her head. "I guess I should give my position up to someone else. Someone who wants it. Is that why you have an issue with me? Because there is someone else you know that you would rather see in my position. One I allegedly earned. Replace me with the power you don't have because you don't like my words. My attitude... even if it was you that started this debate." She considered herself to be on another level entirely from the girl she never even bothered to remember the name of. Sure she said it but she did not care. She was irrelevant. The girl was looking for a debate, a fight. If she wanted one, she would find one but she would lose.

Aravis turned back to Erin with a blank expression. "It's not your word choice that matters. It's your emotional aura surrounding you. I'm not a hypocrite or attacking you. I'm simply being passive-aggressive. You seem like you didn't want be here at first. I'm not saying I'd replace you if I could. You were obviously one of the best if you got picked. In case you are wondering I'm not looking for a fight or debate. I'm just simply stating it for the sake of the team." She said in a sickly sweet tone before looking at her nails deciding that she should cut them if she didn't want to break one. Aravis wasn't a big fan of team work herself but she knew she'd have to suck it up and deal with it. 

Aravis however did like how the other girl spoke, she wasn't afraid to say what was on her mind it seemed. "My vision is not pure positivity. I'm not that foolish, I'm well aware not everything is sunshine and cupcakes, I would just prefer that our team actually tries to get along with each other." She said with a sarcastic smile. Aravis was aware that both had worked for their positions. However, Aravis was more afraid of losing the games ahead than bickering with someone. Aravis was a negative person most of the time so she understood how Erin most likely felt about 

The introductions had been going well, but what the professor and head of house had not expected as a bickering to begin. At first, she paid it no mind, and continued down the line, but once she heard one of the girls respond rather negatively, she decided to turn to them with a huff of a sigh. She was definitely not impressed, but yet she stood with her hands on her hips, eyeing the two of them. One of them had short, dark hair, the other with hair in a ponytail. Having already been past them now, Leonie was able to call them by their names.

"Ms. Ryan, Ms. Escanora, this is a quidditch practice, not a place to sort out differences. Now quit your chit-chat until after we or finished, or you will be benched for the first game." She grumbled, yet she was loud enough that her voice still rang out among the line of students, and probably the rest of the training pitch. "We don't need any more introductions," the woman sighed heftily, rubbing at her eyes with her fists before she turned to the case on the ground and opened the lid of it. She let it fall open, then stepped to the side so everyone in the line should be able to see. She didn't want them to move - she hoped they wouldn't. At least until she explained. 

"As you all know, there are three main balls of sorts that go along with Quidditch," She began, her voice not all that enthusiastic. She just wanted to get this over with as quickly as possible so that she could be able to just sit and watch them play. Hopefully, no one would get hurt. "There's the quaffle, which is passed from chaser to chaser, and can be thrown through one of the three hoops to win ten points." She explained, all the while gesturing to the single quaffle in the case. "Then there are the bludgers, which are enchanted to fly around the pitch. It is the beaters' job to make sure neither of the bludgers hits your teammates." For this bit, she found herself looking directly towards Erin. She was the only one the woman was truly concerned about with working with a team.

She bent down to pick up the last key part to Quidditch, holding the golden ball up for everyone to see. As long as she held it, she was sure that it wouldn't go anywhere. Okay, so maybe she wasn't so sure, but she did hope so. "This is the snitch. Probably the most important ball of the game. The seeker's job is to find the snitch and try to catch it, which will earn the team one hundred and fifty points. Once the snitch is caught, the game ends. Anytime before then, unless the captains agree for it, the game will not end. Any questions?" She asked, encasing the snitch within the palm of her hand, holding onto it tightly behind her back.

i want to stomp on your face

Marcus made his way down to the training pitch, looking incredibly chill with a relaxed smile on his face while his hands are behind his head.

Seeing his team about to argue once again he sighs "Marcus here, Starting Seeker and quite possibly the best at school" he said while bowing slightly "I look forward to seeing our names on the Quidditch Cup, though Erin it would help to be a team player atleast a little bit, though it entirely depends on you Erin" he says looking to Erin as he slides a hand through his silky black locks then shakes his head "Any let's get started"He said with a grin then listening to the head of house
He paused to grab his broom then places it on his left shoulder then grins wickedly.

"Do we have any ideas for formations or tactics?" He asked the head of house curiously "Like are we going to use me as a forth chaser while also being seeker?" He added "i mean..Seekers can handle the quaffle i believe but they can't score the quaffle" he shrugged after saying that then looked around for any of his teammate's input "it would make us a more unique team."

THE FUTURE LORD SLYTHERIN!
Newly named Lord De Wynter - Only Lord at Hogwarts
Haters gonna Hate, that is all I should say..People are just naturally jealous of Greatness. - Marcus

Reducio
Feel free to delete this but... it has been a week and most of the players have not posted. There is not much I can say or do breaking post order because I was told to be quiet. Are we still playing or can I leave this thread?