Library

Register
Sign in
  Back

Finally A Hiding Spot  Closed 

Sophie stared, most likely dumb-founded. Kyden was quite right. But then another thought came to her mind. Alternative Universes. She must've read about them somewhere, sometime, but at this time, she couldn't remember anything. Of course, alternative universes were the opposite of parallel universes, or so to speak the Universe they lived in. If Harry Potter wasn't the 'boy who lived' Someone else would be. 
Everything was so confusing, or everything to the small scrawny girl, sitting in a Library, talking about something that nobody would know that probably existed. Nobody would know what it would be like to be somewhere else, as someone else, in a world, were everything is changed. Nobody would know, in this world, what its like to be in another world that to them, doesn't exist. And it won't ever exist. In fact, if it did exist, how the hell would anyone know it? 
Her own thoughts were meant to be put into words, so she tried in her best of capability to put them into words. 
"Well, think about it. Nobody here, knows what its like in another world. Nobody, ever, would know what it would be to be in a different world. A time-turner perhaps might work, or something like that, but nobody would ever be able to experience it, we just have to be happy with the world were in right now."

Goodbye lovelies!

Kyden listened to her speak and thought for a few moments before speaking. Sure she had a point that nobody would be able to know both realities. But at that same time his motto was where there is a will there is a way. "I think that there has to be a way for people to see what both realities are like. However I also believe that it wouldn't be safe and could cause a whole lot of trouble in the space time continuum and what not. I mean it is probably something that would be to complex for kids like us to figure out of course. However I beg to differ on the time turner. Unless it was enhanced in some way I don't think that a time turner would give us the effect we are talking about. "

Kyden looked down at his book and closed it. This would certainly be something if one could figure out how to effectively make something like this happen. He could probably figure out the ma thematic side of things but at the same time if he tried to do to much he could probably get into a lot of trouble and that is not something he could do now. "Maybe one day after I graduate I will be the first to invent something of its kind."

Kyden Zarye Goodlow // Editor for the Slytherin News-magazine //

Sophie grinned a bit. "Well if you are, I'll be cheering you on. However I'm planning to be either an Auror, or a muggle therapist." Sophie shrugged. 'I wish I could be a wand-maker. I'll never have enough skill to be one though. Maybe I should send an owl to Mr. Ollivander, he might help me with it. I'll need books, and a lot of them. Or perhaps I can ask a professor? No point I guess. They wouldn't have any experience in wandlore.' Her mind always raced with thoughts. It was just the way she was. She would always have ideas running crazy in her mind. Perhaps that was why she was to be in Ravenclaw. If her mind never got used to the idea of... well, Ideas, then she would've never been meant to be in Ravenclaw.
She knew the hat was right to put her in Gryffindor. The thought of being brave and daring, was just a thought that came true every time Sophie opened her eyes. 
"Hey, is your dorm named after someone famous? Mine is named after Minerva McGonagall. You know, the Headmistress before Winslow." Sophie summed up swiftly. She knew the fact was useless, as most Slytherins didn't care about a Gryffindor headmistress. But, it was always worth a shot.

Goodbye lovelies!

Kyden listened to her talk. He smiled when she asked if he knew who Minerva McGonagall was. Of course he did! Well of course she probably assumed he was just an ordinary Slytherin. "Well of course I know who she is. After all I didn't think I was going to be sorted into Slytherin I was whole heartedly expecting that I would be in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. Umm no my dorm is just a number really. I don't think any of the Slytherin dorms are named after anybody. However I guess I could be wrong." 

He looked at her. She was a strange one. They way she jumped from topic to topic was insane. However it kept him alert and his mind engaged. She was a neat girl. He was pretty shocked she wasn't a Ravenclaw though. She would fit in with them. "So are you participating in the Blossomfest this weekend? I am. I have a maze team with 2 fellow Slytherins. We kept trying to get people from other houses but nobody wanted to be on our team. I guess being Slytherins or maybe they just didn't want to. Who knows?"

He looked at her waiting for an answer to his questions.

The small Gryffindor girl shrugged. "People are prejudice against Slytherin's. Like how people are with werewolves, Muggle-borns all of that sort." Sophie said. The Blossomfest, it was one of the most oddest, normal things that was happening.
"Where I live, in Bristol, we have this cute little festival every year, at Winter. And when it snows its absolutely stunning! There are decorations for Christmas, and everyone gathers there, its just wonderful. My mum and I used to participate in the cute little activities. There were Muggles, and wizards alike! And there was this one thing, where the Animagi used to participate in, where they would turn into their animal, and whoever had the most beautiful one, would win a few galleons. It really was amazing. But now that I'm at Hogwarts, we um, can't really participate in it." Sophie would mutter the last part. She didn't have to confide Kyden into her problems. 
"I want to be an Animagus." She had said. She realized how blunt she was, one of her worst traits she could have. But, how other way would she put it? She wanted to be an Animagi, but needed someone to help her learn how to be one. And of course, the only person she knew to be an Animagus, was Sergei Yornikovych, the Transfiguration professor. How the hell was she supposed to ask a professor how to become an Animagi, without rousing suspicion?
The reason why, was quite simple when you think about it. She wanted to be a Phoenix. If she became the fire-bird, then she would fly around the castle. It seemed perfect. She could fly around, without being on a broom! And she would be able to answer a lot more questions in her third year.
But what would the professors think? That was the only question bothering her.

Goodbye lovelies!

Kyden looked at Sophie and smiled. He didn't quite get her obsession with being an Animagus. Yeah it would be cool and everything but most of what they learned here at Hogwarts was cool. "So tell me why are you so set on being an Animagus. Don't you think there is other things you could do that are cooler? I mean I guess it's all personal opinion. I just don't think being an Animagus is my cup of tea you know. Oh and my dorm is named Marcus Flint. I know you had asked before." He stopped talking and looked at the girl. He wasn't sure how he felt about her. However he knew one thing was that she was a really interesting person. She always kept him guessing. He was never quite sure what she would say next. He wondered what she was like when she was younger. Had she always been like this? Always jumping back and forth from topics when she was younger. He knew one thing he liked being near her because the two of them were quite alike. "I mean being an Animagus would be cool and all but I don't know. Wouldn't you be scared you would mess up?"

Sophie shrugged. 
"If you mess up, you try again. And you keep trying until you get it right. I mean, a lot of professors become Animagi. And besides, don't you think it would be awesome to be able to fly around if you were a bird, and be free from the school late at night if you were a small animal? And if you were a water animal, you could swim in the Great Lake." Sophie was one to argue a bunch. She was feisty and fiery for her age. Of course, what Gryffindor wasn't?
Something large and white flew in from the Library. It flew straight towards the Gryffindor. When it got closer, it became clear that it was a large snowy white owl. The markings on its wings were pitch black. It had landed on the Young Gryffindors shoulder. 
Sophie slowly began untying the letter on the Owl's legs. Confusion filled her mind. 'Who would be writing back to me?' Was the only thing racing through her mind.
As she extended the arm, to let the owl take off for the Owlery.
"Take care of yourself Kiyoko." Sophie would mutter to the owl. Nipping her finger affectionately, the Owl took off.
Opening the letter what was stated was what the truth was;

Dear Sophie

I know, I have been cutting myself off recently. I'm traveling the world right know, looking for Dragons. I want to tame one, so I'm going to find one. Tell your mother I said I loved her, and yes, perhaps when your break begins, I'll teach you to become an Animagi.

Love you,

Aurora Murphy

And for some reason, the letter seemed to calm the Young Gryffindor, as she tossed it loosely on the desk.

Goodbye lovelies!

Kyden snuck a peak at her letter. He probably shouldn't have but he was curious what was so important that it couldn't have been delivered at breakfast with all the other mail. He realized it was just a letter from a family member it seemed. He wondered who exactly he was pretty sure she didn't have any siblings. "You are dead set on becoming an Animagi aren't you?" Kyden really didn't get her fascination with it. Yeah it was a cool thought that you could turn back and forth from animal and human and all the things that you could do. But at the same time there was so many dangers of it. Also really if you thought about it there was so many cool things in the magical world. There was so many things that people could do or be that were just as fascinating. "Well either way if its something your set on I hope you are careful about how you learn. I would hate to be stuck having a conversation with a dog, or snake or something really. Don't you think that learning how to do this should be something you should wait to do until you are done with school? It could be extremely dangerous doing it now you shouldn't even be thinking about it really."

She shrugged a bit. Being an Animagi was cool, but there was other things she could focus on as well. Like writing a bunch, seeing as she was a writer for the Gryfpost, but she also loved reading. Perhaps she could just sit and read a book with Kyden, she enjoyed his presence, even if he did annoy her a bit.

Deciding to read, Sophie pulled out a very thin and small book titled, 'The Tao of Pooh'. The small book was a psychology book, and Sophie enjoyed it. It represented old Chinese religions still practiced today. Taoism. Her grandmother had even read it to her when she was a small child.

Cottleston, Cottleston,
Cottleston pie
A fly cant bird but a bird can fly
You ask me a riddle
And I reply
Cottleston, Cottleston
Cottleston Pie.

The cute poem had made Sophie giggle at her still young grandmother. She was extremely fond of her book, and when she had died, she left the book and a few more in Sophie's possession. She truly cared about the book itself, and not because it was originally her dead grandmother's.

Goodbye lovelies!
  Back